HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Horror Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:27 am

Hey, what 80's killer cop movie do we all like (I'm probably going to be alone on this)? Maniac Cop or Psycho Cop (<3)? Maniac Cop was so, so disappointing to me when I saw it. I had wanted to see it for the longest time too (I saw the sequel's first). However Maniac Cop 2 is phenomenal. Maniac Cop 3 is sorta in-between? It's not too bad, but not as good as the second. William Lustig was (is) a rock solid director so I wish he'd make a few more movies (he hasn't directed since the okay 1996 film Uncle Sam). Maniac is great (much better than the Maniac Cop series), but there's a part of me (and this might be an unpopular opinion) that likes the Maniac remake better? It sorta got forgotten about really fast, but I can almost guarantee that it will be cult one day. Psycho Cop is a bit better than the first Maniac Cop, but also much trashier lol; there isn't a whole lot of good filmmaking going on there <3. The late 80's were inconsistent with a lot of slasher movies (horror movies in general) going dtv, so the quality was hit or miss. Psycho Cop might not be the best of the latter part of the decade, but it's fun. The sequel like Maniac Cop is so much better though. So much fun!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:06 pm

This sounds like it wouldn't hold up very well in current times lmao. I think I'll be doing another run on the trail tonight Bobby, and you'll go in the wagon automatically for being so sweet <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Haven't seen any of the Maniac/Psycho Cops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
Haven't seen any of the Maniac/Psycho Cops.

The two Psycho Cop films are on YouTube. I'm pretty sure that's where I first watched them? I'm not sure if they have been taken down and uploaded multiple times, but the first film has almost 100,000 views, so it's likely the same one I saw years ago unless it's that popular lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm

A-Supreme wrote:

I just rewatched this gem the other night and I gave it an extra point (8/10). I'd be comfortable recommending it to anybody who wants to watch something similar to Halloween - this movie was obviously a homage to that in the style. Good movie.

Great, great movie. Have you seen its sequel Bereavement? I was wondering if it was any good? I really liked the first, and the second has the underrated Michael Biehn, so I should probably watch it at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Merriska wrote:
I think I'll be doing another run on the trail tonight Bobby, and you'll go in the wagon automatically for being so sweet <3

I hope I survive lol. Will you take care of me if I get sick <3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:47 pm

If someone gets sick I always have them rest and recover for at least 3 days. Most of the time it works, though sometimes the game decides to be a dick and tells you someone's sick and before you can even make a move to try to help them you'll automatically get an alert that they died
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 pm

It's actually a prequel, but it does remain fairly faithful to the original with the exception of it being a little more polished. I in general don't care much for slasher prequels, for reasons I can't disclose without spoiling elements of the plot. Bereavement was no different. I gave it a 5/10 IIRC.

I think a third one was due out long ago but who knows if it'll ever come to fruition.
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Bobby, I have missed you so much Sad  Razz I'm so glad to see your cute posts everywhere.

Hope everyone is doing well. Love you all <3

I was going to talk about the new Twin Peaks cause Tommy wanted to talk about it with me, and I know modica was a fan, but I don't see a thread anywhere? It could be there cause there's like 6000+ new posts since I last visited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Bobby <3. Tyler <3, missed you.

You should make the thread, I've been thinking about whether or not I should get into it or not.

Also off topic, but Bobby, I did your run of the trail in case you haven't seen it yet. It's in the video game section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Missed you too Merriska <3 I always enjoy your facebook posts whenever I'm on there but I'd been missing interacting with you guys.

I'll make the TP thread then, when I get some time to focus on it. You should definitely get into it. It's very profound and something our society needs right now. You already think outside the box anyway so it's just more mind candy. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 am

soco-81 wrote:
Bobby, I have missed you so much Sad  Razz I'm so glad to see your cute posts everywhere.

I've missed you so much too. And you know I think your posts are cute. My brother <3 <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:25 pm

For life my brother <3 <3 <3

Guys I watched Shut In with Naomi Watts. It was great! Nothing new but definitely worth an hour and a half. She had a really hot guy trying to hook up with her. He's older and probably only my type but wow, very yummy. I can't see Naomi Watts in any role without seeing that raging lesbian Diane Selwyn trying to come out, so it's always a joy to watch her. She's seriously cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Lame I never invited Luke/Swinney. I talked about it so much that I must have convinced myself that it actually happened.

He should be joining today. Yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome back Tyler!
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks Dan <3 you are a prominent figure in my  news feed so I never get to miss you. This is a good thing though. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Oh and forever ago but, Valerie from SPM <3 such a goddess with great 80's pants. I knew she was going to be a ball buster. The sisterhood <3 I remember liking all 3 of the movies and Marta Kober even shows up in one of them as a pizza lady. I wonder if she thought she had auditioned for another Friday the 13th sequel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Marta Kober <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:15 pm

I found it amusing how Valerie was so put together even during the final encounter (at least compared to the other two survivors, who were scared absolutely shitless) and we're supposed to believe Valerie's insane by the second movie. I mean, I guess it's possible that post-traumatic stress took its toll on her, but she was surprisingly badass for her time so I choose not to believe it. In fact, I believe it even less than when the Freeling's sent Carol Ann to go live with her bitchy aunt and uncle in Poltergeist III after the scary events of the previous two films had emphasized so strongly on family sticking together. Um, right. lol

Sequel logic, I tell ya.
Back to top Go down
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:40 pm

So remember when we were talking about The Shallows? Well, there is a CinemaSins video for it thanks to 47 Meters Down

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:30 pm

https://www.rottenrentals.com
This site is dynamite. It almost makes me want to make my own custom artwork for my vhs I have (though I know I'd royally fuck it up <3). I wonder if I emailed them they make me a Friday the 13th Part 7 VII: The New Blood one with Melissa's greatest hits, or a Final Chapter case with Tina and Terri (Tyler and I <3) and my bae Crispin Glover all over it?
Also this victims and survivors shirt from fright rags is killa (I should get one if they still have them)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 pm

I have never heard of Rotten Rentals, looked it up seems pretty cool. I have ordered from Horror Block and Loot Crate before they have some pretty cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:25 am

Fisher Stevens was cute in the 80's

Harem, do you agree <3? Speaking of Fisher, I finally (finally) picked up the The Burning on blu released by Scream Factory a few days ago  \m/ . lol I have no idea why it took me so long to buy it since it's literally one of my favorite movies ever. I also attempted to watch the XX on Netflix a few nights, but turned it off after the first story "The Box".(SPOILER) I wanted to know what was in the box so bad cry. I couldn't think of anything interesting  Laughing  <3, or something that would cause the son (and then the family) to stop eating. I might try and finish it this week sometime though. I love movies (or shorts) based on the work by Jack Ketchum too.

I hope you all had a fantastic 4th!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 am

I didn't take much notice to Fisher Stevens in The Burning, but I did look him up and see that he was one of the raft-massacre victims. :O I didn't even pick up on Jason Alexander until maybe the 2nd watch and even he was a cutie in his own way back then. I liked The Burning too. I have that older DVD release (below)... is the Scream Factory bluray better or worth buying? I see a lot of these films are out on bluray now but I'm not sure if buying the blurays are considered an upgrade from the original DVD versions. It's not like the quality is horrendous on the DVD. Not sure about the extras, but I rarely watch them anyway unless the movie really interests me.

I do know there is a much better version of Prom Night out than the one I currently own. I believe it's the Synapse version that's really good.. the one I own is the one with Jaime Lee Curtis on the cover with the axe in the bouquet of flowers. It's such a badass cover that I don't really even want to part ways with it, but I do plan to upgrade this one when the time is right. The Synapse DVD is only like $11 bucks on Amazon. Another one is 1989's Intruder... the Full Moon version I own is in washed-out full screen when I know for a fact that the bluray is in much better quality, and widescreen. I need to get my hands n that bluray as well.

In somewhat related news, I'm getting my own copy of Chopping Mall today in delivery so I'm pretty excited for that. Very Happy It cost me like $26 bucks though, but I waited for months to see if the price would come down on this one but it didn't so I figured I'd get it now because knowing my luck it would disappear. Now is as good of time as any, I suppose... at the end of the day it is a pretty fun, cheesy movie.
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 am

I am watching a horror soon. Shall review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next