HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Horror Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Yeah it doesn't really take any commitment. it's very mindless and fun.

The 2nd episode is where I got sucked in.

Rachel <333333
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Quote :
I think I did that when I was younger a couple times to Jason Goes to Hell (I used to think the guy in the tent scene was so hot).

omg same. That guy was fuckin hot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:43 pm

yeah, we'll have to see. The first episode was interesting. I'm interested to seeing how well it'll work as a season-long TV show. I don't know character names yet aside from Emma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Mykee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:04 pm

I just started watching Bates Motel! It's great so far. 6 episodes in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Vera Farmiga <3

This shot seems off though, probably because one guy is dressed so old-fashioned and the other isn't. lol, is it set in modern times? I've never seen the show, but I've seen all the Psycho films.

Last edited by A-Supreme on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Mykee wrote:

Me too, I am 5 episodes in. I started watching it but then paused so I could finish Six Feet Under. Now that I finished that I think I will start again with Bates Motel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Mykee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 am

A-Supreme wrote:
Vera Farmiga <3

This shot seems off though, probably because one guy is dressed so old-fashioned and the other isn't. lol, is it set in modern times? I've never seen the show, but I've seen all the Psycho films.

They have smart phones so it must be in modern times, although it's supposed to be set before Psycho as it shows Norman as a 17yr old and how they first move into the house/hotel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 am

O_o talk about mindblowing
Back to top Go down
Mykee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:09 am

It must be a reboot. Set in today's times. Starting a whole new back story for the Bates family. Norman has an older brother in the show, I don't think he did in the movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:38 am

I watched Bates Motel since it came on but like most TV show it got boring for me so I do not think I will watch the new season. The first few seasons are pretty good.

I went ahead and bought 31, I enjoyed it a little disappointing but good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:59 am

Mykee wrote:
A-Supreme wrote:
Vera Farmiga <3

They have smart phones so it must be in modern times, although it's supposed to be set before Psycho as it shows Norman as a 17yr old and how they first move into the house/hotel.  

Yeah, that a bit of a continuity issue there unless Norman Bates was secretly Benjamin Button and we all didn't know about it OR if this was set in the future. I've never seen the movie, so I can't answer that question.

On another note, can edit the size of that picture please? It kind of makes it difficult to read when it stretches the page to the size like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:17 am

I think there's a way for admins to make it so that that forum images automatically resize. I was going to investigate it today and ask Henry or Cherry if they would be fine making the change. I just have to remember how to do it - it's been a few years.
Back to top Go down
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:22 am

That's fine. I don't know who still has forgotten after a long time of not being on Forumotion, but yeah lol I think we should try to make the pages easier to read from now on. I know I shouldn't be one to talk because I'm guilty of this as well with the videos I posted on the "Tracks I love" thread and posted 12 videos. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 am

Mykee wrote:
It must be a reboot. Set in today's times. Starting a whole new back story for the Bates family. Norman has an older brother in the show, I don't think he did in the movies.

Going back on topic, if Norman didn't have an older brother in the movies, then something would need to happen to said brother in the show, I'm guessing? I need to start watching more shows/movies Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mykee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Icarus_Mark wrote:
Mykee wrote:

Going back on topic, if Norman didn't have an older brother in the movies, then something would need to happen to said brother in the show, I'm guessing?  I need to start watching more shows/movies  Laughing

Maybe! Or it could just be a reboot/re-telling of the story set in modern times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
Mykee wrote:

Me too, I am 5 episodes in. I started watching it but then paused so I could finish Six Feet Under. Now that I finished that I think I will start again with Bates Motel.

Henry I didn't know you were following this thread. Come hang with us more. We can turn the volume up, put on some heavy shit and have ourselves a night.

I saw the first episode of Bates Motel and really liked it, but I haven't seen any more of it. It's on A&E, right? I'm so bad with TV shows. Poor Parawhore made an Orphan Black thread that nobody replied to I think, but that show is really great (hot Paul <3). I binge watched six seasons of Game of Thrones. One of my brother's kept pushing me to watch it, so I finally did. I like Downton Abbey and Law and Order SVU, and love me some X Files and One Tree Hill. I barely have my TV on these days though unless it's for Survivor or I'm watching a movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:06 pm

How would you guys rank the Psycho films?

1.Psycho (1960) - Undisputed masterpiece. I actually don't find a lot of Hitchcocks work to be compelling (me and Hitch have a complicated relationship). I think Strangers on a Train is a slog, and I don't even think The Birds is a good movie, however Psycho is worth all the praise it gets.
2.Psycho II - I really like it. It's like Psycho's wild child. Much edgier and definitely of it's time (just like the original was)
3.Psycho III - It has the infamous lamp scene and Juliette Cummings
4.Psycho IV - I think this was a tv movie? I have to give it another watch because its been a long time, but I remember liking the other three films more.
5.Psycho (1998) - I get what Van Sant was going for, and I'm a huge fan of his work (Elephant and Paranoid Park are my jam), but I can't get over Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn. They can't do Janet Leigh and Anthony Perkins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mykee

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

It's on Netflix.

I haven't seen the sequels for Psycho I don't think, and it's been too long to remember much from the original and the remake. I kinda liked seeing Vince Vaughn in it though. haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 pm

lol we should! I was hoping to one day go through Dan's old thread on IMDb and see which movies he recommended and add them to my netflix queue. I think that's how I found out about this one movie, Hush, that I wouldn't have watched if it wasn't for that thread Laughing

But of course never got around to it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:56 pm

I'd probably rank them similarly Bobby, though I liked the remake better than two of the later sequels.

1. Psycho ('60) - It's just a unique film that seems to change genres as it suits fit. Starts out as a crime film and becomes horror, with a lot of suspense and mystery mixed in. Great cast, as well.

2. Psycho II - I liked the role reversal in this.
Spoiler:

It's pretty good as far as direct sequels go.

3. Psycho '98 - I really didn't hate this one at all. It was a bit unnecessary, but like a Glee cover which almost always matches the original song, this was the same movie told again with only a bit added here and there. Still, the story was still the same and I enjoyed it nonetheless. People get too offended about remakes, I feel. I thought the acting was pretty good across the board, though there were a few things that didn't really work. Julianne Moore with headphones being one of them - Lila seemed far less silly in the original, but I really enjoyed Anne Heche as Marion. I was a bit middleroad on Vince Vaughan, but he looked the part of a creep though Norman was supposed to be more boy-next-door-like which didn't quite fit so well. Oh well.

4. Psycho III - I found this one pretty forgettable, tbh. It wasn't awful, but for some reason I just can't remember much outside of being surprised by who survives in the end because that person normally seemed like the type who would die first in a horror film.

5. Psycho IV - I like Olivia Hussey which is why I liked this one. A lot of stuff between Mrs. Bates and Norman in this one was pretty awkward and messed up, but I kept chuckling whenever Norman called the radio host and said he had a need to ~KILL~... the struggle for him seemed so real. LOL
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:01 pm

I'll go through Netflix right now and get some suggestions going. I've seen most of the good stuff on there anyway.
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:53 pm

I'll post my list later. Tinypic was being so frustratingly annoying and I'm fungry right now. lol
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Alien 4. I enjoyed it again. Sure it has some meh moments it's still good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Of the first 4, Alien 4, while I still liked it, was easily the worst of the 4. That doesn't really say much when you're against Alien and Aliens, but yeah. lol I enjoyed Alien 3 a lot as well, and 4, while I still liked, had its moments like you just said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Agreed. Alien and Aliens easily the best ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Horror Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next