Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The sitcom discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which of the following sitcoms do you enjoy watching the most?
Friends
85%
 85% [ 11 ]
The Big Bang Theory
15%
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 14:40

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 9:01; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 15:01

Friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 16:18

Big Bang Theory is garbage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 16:53

RUDE, it is not! If it was, it wouldn't still be running 10 years later. Choke on that, Wolfie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 16:58

Finally someone agrees with me that Big Bang SUCKS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 17:01

Shush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 17:17

It completely sucks. It's about fake geeks who make the same dumb jokes every episode that are undeserving of the laugh tracks they pile on every other second. It gets nerd culture completely wrong and for arguably the biggest comedy on television, you'd think they'd do a little bit of research.

Ironically for a show about smart people, it is incredibly stupid and formulaic. The fact that these are the highest paid actors on television is baffling to me. But hey, if you like it more power to you. I would never say someone is wrong for liking something although I will make fun of them. Sometimes I wish I had bad taste too Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 17:26

And longevity does not equal quality. Lots of terrible things are popular. I'd give an example, but TBBT is probably the best one lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 17:36

So BBUK is popular having 18 seasons? Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:09

You're coming across as bitter, maybe because you consider yourself to be a nerd and feel offended in some way by the show's portrayal of nerds. Get over it lol it's FUNNY and millions agree. It's much loved, has scooped many awards over the years and yes, longevity does mean quality. No quality, no viewers, no show. It would have been cancelled years ago if it was no good, like many other failed shows. It's the most unique sitcom there is and Jim Parsons is an extremely talented actor who steals the show.

I can accept critisism of bad shows, hell I give it myself, but TBBT is NOT a bad show. You can dislike it, that's your choice, but don't crap all over it and claim that it's shit when it isn't. So the show isn't to your liking. Don't watch it. Simple as that. When I crap on bad shows like "Love Island" I do so stating solid facts. Those shows are cheap, tacky and are about nothing but creating conflict between people. Those shows deserve critisism. Not even the people who idolise them can deny that but I will stand behind TBBT because it's a much loved and well made sitcom.

I don't think it's cool of you to come here and go to such lengths to shit over a show I love. A show that is about spreading positivity and harmony, whose sole purpose is to bring happiness to our lives. Put a sock in it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:14

Calm down, dude. I'm just stating my opinion. You can talk shit about my favorite shows. I don't care. Why are you getting so angry? You put up a poll, expect people to give opinions. Geez. Acting like I ran over your cat or something.

I'm not offended. Like I said, people find it funny and that's fun. I guarantee you more people don't. The only one sounding bitter is you. It's a show. It's not your child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:15

Jim Parsons is very talented. I enjoy the cast in other things. But to say it's unique? That's a stretch. Not everyone likes the same crap you like. Get over it and grow up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:18

stating solid facts?

You didn't post any facts how LI was crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:19

lol it is absolute shit. Anyone who enjoys trashy reality shows will love it. People bitching, gossiping, fighting and hooking up pretty much sums it up. The usual shit. I rememer the original celeb one in 2006 and have seen ads for the latest one to which I declare outloud "fuck you!" every time lol those shows disgust me. Sorry had to post. Will be the one and only time I do

I don't see facts, I see opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:21

BTW BBT is fine but can be over the top at times. though I think the prequel comes out soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:50

You guarantee mroe people don't like it than do? Lol please. Now you're just making things up. The question was "Which of the following sitcoms do you enjoy watching the most?", not "Which show do you want to shit all over to annoy Neil the most?" lol nothing about that is cool. I don't want to argue. Those days are over and I hate feeling annoyed. There's no need for anyone to shit on a show others like. I'm also at fault, but I consider you lot more at fault because of the message TBBT sends out compared to trashy reality shows, which are nothing but creating conflict between conceited morons after 5 minutes of fame. There's your facts, Tara.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 18:56

The fact that you think I'm giving my own opinion that just happens to be negative about a show just to annoy you shows how narcissistic you are. I talked bad about a show I don't like. I never said anything bad about you (except for a friendly jab at your taste) until you started attacking me over my opinion. My friends give me shit for stuff I like all the time. I give them shit. That's how people talk. Do you surround yourself with yes men who agree with your opinions 100% of the time?

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. You don't want to argue but you start an argument. It was my fault for assuming people here were adult enough to see someone not liking a show they like. It's a fucking tv show. Don't tell me to "put a sock in it" when people tell you to shut up all the time and you get angry about it. People can say what they want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:08

You came here and said TBBT is garbage. You were in no way friendly about it. It was purely provocative. I kept calm and replied with a fun dig, to which you responded with yet more insults about a show I love. They were in no way respective views so please STFU.

PUT A FUCKING SOCK IN IT and realise what happened here. You came at me. You had no reason to but you did. You didn;t give your views in a respectful manner. TBBT does not deserve such hate I don't care if somebody dislikes it. I used to talk to Johan about it and he hates it more than anybody but I had no issue with him because of the way in which he gave his views. You on the other hand came here and just started throwing insults around like you're some sort of expert.

People tell me to shut up all the time? What? Lol oh we're going down that road are we? Who are you and what have you done with Nat? This isn't you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:13

5 minutes of fame.

true but even survivor is like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:13

How do you delete threads on this forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:15

Yes, I said TBBT is garbage. I didn't even know you liked the show when I said that. I insulted the show. Not you. I didn't realize talking shit about a television show people liked was disrespectful. I've insulted things that everybody on here has liked. Literally no one has been more sensitive about it than you.

I came at the show. I didn't come at you. I threw insults at a show. I didn't throw insults at you. I couldn't care less if you like it. By all means, like it. If people find it funny, good for them. I take no issue with that. My issue is with you going after me when I didn't go after you. Once again, I will stress this because you seem to not be getting it: I INSULTED A TELEVISION SHOW. NOT YOU OR YOUR OPINION.

I'm still Nat. You know the reason I don't get into arguments with other people? It's because they don't provoke me and they're mature enough to handle a different opinion of their own. Notice how I have never told you to "put a fucking sock in it"? That's because I'm adult enough to realize it's a forum where we are allowed to give our opinion. So go on, keep arguing with me about why my OPINION is wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:24

You didn't know I liked the show? I make a thread asking which show people enjoy the most and you didnt know I liked the show?? Right, ummm ok. So you can't link why somebody would react when you crap on a good show they love? Can't help you there, it's normal to feel pissed. It's about HOW you gave your opinion that irked me. Not your opinion itself, it's HOW you gave it.

Fucking sock in it? I said put a sock in it, don't start putting words in my mouth lol. You have a problem with telling you to put a sock in it, but you're allowed to act like I;m a hate figure on this site? Like peopel tell me to shut up all the time? What is that about? That's honestly the worst part about this, to act like I;m this person everyone hates and tells to shut up "all the time". That's just hateful, unnecessary and off topic. That's personal.

Anyway I completely regret makngn this fucking thread now. All I wanted was to see what peopel thought. I imagined I'd get a positive discussion about what we liked about each show. How it has different qualities but instead all I get is TBBT is shit, it;s garbage, finally someone agrees with me that it sucks etc etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:35

WolfNVX4444 wrote:
Notice how I have never told you to "put a fucking sock in it"?

EnnJaySee wrote:
Fucking sock in it? I said put a sock in it, don't start putting words in my mouth lol.

EnnJaySee wrote:
PUT A FUCKING SOCK IN IT and realise what happened here.

For fuck's sake, I call everything garbage. No one has had a problem with it except for you. Crap on "good" shows I like. I literally do not give a single fuck. It's a TV show. People have different opinions. People sometimes have strong opinions. If it was me making the poll and I asked if people likes Game of Thrones and someone said it was trash and there are no good qualities about it, I would say okay, that's your opinion and it's fine. It was never supposed to be a debate.

I said people have told you to shut up before and you've taken issue. You told me to shut up and that comes across as hypocritical. I wasn't singling you out as the most hated figure here. I was pointing out why you're being a hypocrite.

And no, I didn't realize you liked the show. I didn't know your intent of making this poll was so people could huddle around, sing kumbaya and talk about how great these shows are. I ask about shows I don't like all the time. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:37

Jesus Christ, I've had political debates where people were less sensitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 19:48

I was referrng to my first put a sock in it, which is the one I thought you were referring to, before you got in my face. Listen, this didn't have to go this far. You're at fault first in this whoel thing. You come on a thread someone mkes, shit on a show they love and you expect a good reaction? That is naive at best. It's nothing to do with maturity. You know me, you should know that is likely to provoke me. I have no issue with peopel disliking it. Misty hates it but I talk to her all the time. It's the way you came on here and the first thing you says is just that it's garbage. There was no joke made, no friendly banter, there wa snothign about that that amused me. That just wound me up.

If you can accept people saying shows you love re shit, that's fine. We all aren;t as god damn amazing as you. I'm a human and I have emotions. Stuff pisses me off differently to you. I have a short fuse. I don't appreciate people shitting on my shows. We're all made up differently.

There are many tv show threads on here and movie threads. To my knowledge, people don't go on them to post how much they hate the shows/movies. They go on them to discuss. I completely admit my fault in doing so over Love Island. I did exactly what you did and insulted a show a couple of people on here probably enjoy. In my mind, that show deserves critisism for what it is and the message it sends out. It's a posionous show and everything that is wrong with the world. Tthat's why I critsise it, but ifsomebody on here is discussing something I don't like, I'm not going to insult it. There are plenty of shows/movies I don't like that others adore, but I'm not going to shit on them because they're fictional. They're not real life and they don't deserve critisism. They don't offend me.

There's no reasl point discussing this. What a mess. Anyway thanks for the awful evening. It's been magical but I think that's enough for one night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sitcom discussion thread   

Back to top Go down

The sitcom discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next