HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jigsaw (2017) trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:26 am

Thoughts? I am so conflicted right now. On the one hand, this is obviously not the SAW that I fell in love with. It's so different, tone, and everything. Plus this trailer kind of gives it a comedy horror-ish tone? That silly song over the trailer doesn't help lol.

But on the other hand, after being such a huge fan and follower of the franchise for many years, the "last" movie was so bad, it almost pissed me off that they made it the "last one". So I'm hoping this new movie takes this bad taste left away.

I will do with this movie what I do with every new season of survivor, keep my expectations really low lol. But the trailer wasn't bad so it gives me a little hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:31 pm

It doesn't seem comedic at all to me. Ii like the chains aroudn the necks and being pulled in haha slice them mutha fuckas up! I've only seen Saw and Saw 2. Don't really interest me. This trailer seems pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:08 pm

I feel the same as Henry. I picked up sort of an "off" tone as well, and based on what I've read thus far, it very well was intentional since the filmmakers feel that the nature of the horror has changed since the 2000s. Many horrors then consisted of torture, but now the paranormal and psychological thrillers are back in style. As far as the trailer goes, I guess it's not so much comedic as it seems self-aware and kooky which may not translate well to such a franchise known for brutality and seriousness. For instance, the saw falling and narrowly getting the girl seems to be going for laughs, just like the girl whose intestines spilled out in the seventh movie as her boyfriends failed to save her. The tone from the trailer in all honesty reminded me a great deal of the seventh movie, which as Henry said was bad. So, yeah, I didn't see much to impress me about the trailer but it helps to go into this with low expectations.

There's still something to be said for them to be bringing back such a notorious and well-connected franchise after a seven-year hiatus. I'll be interested to see where they go with the story and how connected to the original events it will be. Yet, like my thoughts on 2016's Blair Witch, I just can't shake this feeling that the fans of the originals will hate this. I feel too much time has passed for it to feel like a real Saw movie.

By the way, Jeepers Creepers 3 is coming out this fall too, right? That is one that I'm legit excited for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Looks so good. I love the traps in this trailer and the little bit of comic tone too. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 pm

and only 2 months til IT!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Alright, I loooove this poster. It's definitely creepier than the ones they had for the last few films (Saw 3D had one of the dumbest posters ever)

Even if this movie ends up being shet, I am just so excited to see it. I miss being excited for the new Saw movie to come out and the tradition of going to see them opening day Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:59 pm

I wasn't looking forward to Jigsaw until tonight, when I watched 6 Plots - a shamelessly derivative, techie crossbreed between Saw and the Ryan Reynolds thriller Buried. It wasn't a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it at least *looked* like a good movie rather than a cheap piece of crap. Definitely would've been something special in better hands, but it was good for a few odd laughs. I definitely would've enjoyed it more after a few shots. lol

6 Plot's version of Billy the Puppet... Laughing

The Jigsaw poster does look a bit promising. Billy the puppet has grown up <3 I can see what you mean about it bringing back the old nostalgic memories. I unfortunately never got to experience that feeling, having watched Saw after they all have been released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jigsaw (2017) trailer   

Back to top Go down

Jigsaw (2017) trailer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1