Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:43 am

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:46 am

Not my fault your mind is in the gutter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 am

I beg your pardon. It is not thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:09 pm

He was talking to me. Not everything is about you, you just think it is blah

Just woke up, kids. I'll post the theme shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Javi, how do I ban him from this thread? haha.

New theme time, kids!

Theme Four: One Word Song titles. I feel like this should be something none of you can mess up, although someone will find a way, haha. Send to Henry, deadline, idk whenever is good for him. Just send.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Deadline gonna be Sunday @11PM PT. You have Plenty of time so please....send by then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Henry sent me the songs, I'll probably do results tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:25 am

We love lies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:14 am

I said probably! It really will be up sometime today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Results time! Henry is kind of busy lately, so he sent me the songs as usual, and then sent me another PM listing who sent what. I didn't open it yet, so I am posting results blind as usual, and then I will look at the other PM and make a second post of who sent what. Also, since our numbers are getting smaller, only the top two songs get to be in pink.

Round Four, One Word:

Dean Lewis-Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKlgCk3IGBg

Another new artist that I am not familiar with, this one is Australian. He’s pretty good too, this actually seems like something I would seek out and listen to on my own. I feel like some of you are actually trying this round, so I’m kind of impressed. I really like this song actually, his voice is nice, and I’m feeling the lyrics, things definitely do come and go in waves. I think this one might even surpass Cigarettes After Sex, because it was a song unknown to me that I ended up really liking, which is exciting, I get used to you all being terrible haha.

Cigarettes After Sex-Sweet
https://youtu.be/pZ31pyTZdh0

You sent my band <3 I love them so much, I discovered them like a year ago and have been obsessed ever since. They have a ton of one word song titles too, haha, so you had lots of options! It’s not one of my favorites, but it doesn’t really matter because his voice is so intoxicating, pretty much all of their songs sound haunting and amazing, there really aren’t any that I dislike. Thank you for sending something good that you know I’d like so this round starts off on a good note. I’m sure I’ll end up bitching about half the other songs <3

Sir Sly-High
https://youtu.be/qIOaU7Sm-ZE
Lol, so I didn’t recognize this name, so I googled it before listening, I was expecting it to be some 80’s band I never heard of, but it’s actually something new. Hm, listening to it now. I don’t know how I feel about it. There is some like, snapping and stuff haha, and I always hate that, but it’s not bad really. I’m leaning towards like, I feel like this is one of those songs that would grow on me more each time I listened to it, and after I listened a few times I’d be semi obsessed with it. So it’s getting a second listen, which already puts it above some of the songs I was waiting to end, haha.

Bright Eyes-Touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DCFEAXUs0k

Finally, a Conor appearance. Obligatory complaint: there are other songs by him that I like better that would have still fit this theme. This is actually one I don’t listen to much, Conor’s voice is pretty much always a comfort to me, but chaotic noise songs can be hit or miss with me, this one the music is a bit too loud and it overpowers his singing, and I’m not feeling it at the moment. But I mean, it’s Conor, so it’s not like it will be the worst song of the round by far.

Robbie Williams-Feel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4mXZN1Zzk

Lol. You foreigners and your Robbie Williams. I swear, like, I have only heard of this guy like, one time outside of idol games, he had a song that was popular when I was in high school, but he must be really popular in other countries, because I have judged him multiple times in idol games, always by foreigners blah Anyway, idk. This isn’t terrible, I mean it’s better than most of the songs I just listened to for RTF’s game, but this game is the Cherry zone, y’all know I’m the only one listening to them, so it shouldn’t be hard to find a song you know I specifically will like. This one is just kind of there.

David Bowie-Fame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypgq0qdgVZA
Honestly, I never listened to Bowie, like, at all. I know that probably makes me terrible, but whatever, I mean probably better for me to just be open about it, than to jump on his bandwagon after he died and pretend like I’d always been a fan. I don’t know if you picked this at random, or if you actively thought I would like it because Murr judged so many games with me and was always encouraging people to send him. Lmao now the song is just echoing the word fame a bunch of times in different voices. I’m sorry...but I really don’t care for this, like, at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Okay, I have the results!

First place is 
Spoiler:

Second place is 
Spoiler:

Third place is 
Spoiler:

Fourth is 
Spoiler:

Fifth is 
Spoiler:

which means last place, the person eliminated is: 
Spoiler:

Sad I'm sorry to see you go, thank you so much for playing!

Congrats final five! I will post your theme shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:42 pm

you suprised by my song choice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Yes haha. I was wondering who was following my interests <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Theme Five: Songs About Missing Someone. This seems like a good theme, since we all know you guys consider everything I like depressing <3 send a song about missing someone.

Send your songs to Henry, deadline...whenever works for him, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:46 am

Let's try to get songs in by midnight PT tonight. Kthx.
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Bump. Only have one song so far. Deadline tonight
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:49 pm

....seriously, I am still WTFing at the things some of you people send to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm

I judged right away to get these HORRIBLE THINGS out of the way blah I don't think anyone even deserves to be in pink this time! I'm 99% sure I can guess who sent each song, but Henry will make the official post when he has a chance.

Round Five, Missing:

Lewis Watson-la Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0TkwCG3NN0

I don’t know this song, but I recognize his name, and the bar for this round is very low, so...the odds are in your favor, Lewis. This song is a bit too slow to start, which is a lot to say, coming from me, haha. He pauses for a long time between lines, but it picks up a bit halfway through the song. Honestly, I don’t love this, I like the song Stay by him a lot more. But this is decent and in comparison to the rest of the round it still sadly comes out on top by a landslide.

Passenger-Let Her Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA
Ugh, come on. Don’t make me have this song currently leading, I hate you all so much. He has a nice kinda unique voice, but this song is so...ugh. Like I thought it was pretty decent the first time I heard it. Then I heard it literally everywhere, and it started to be kinda cheesy the more I listened to it. The lyrics are pretty simple, the only thing the song has going for him is his voice. He has other songs, I’m sure there were some that could have fit the theme and I would have cringed less while listening to it.

Puff Daddy/Faith Evans/112-I'll Be Missing You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo

T.ears, y’all, I wanted to listen to songs and be moody, not sit here and mourn Biggie Smalls. I do actually like this song, but ugh, this was not what I wanted for this theme, like, at all. I mostly just like it because I remember listening to it when I was a kid.

Adele-I Miss You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBO9x5YwDU

Ugh, Adele. I don’t even know how I feel about her. Like she is a super talented singer, and there are a handful of songs by her that I quite like, I went through a phase of being kinda into her when she first started getting big, but I never bothered to listen to any of the songs on her new album, aside from one song that I kept hearing everywhere, and some parodies of it. This is like, I don’t know. It’s not terrible, cuz like I said, she has a strong voice, but it’s not my style and it doesn’t really sound different than a lot of her other songs, and ugh, this is just a general letdown, it’s not making me miss anyone, just waiting for it to end. For the 4857th time, you guys know I’m the only judge, how hard is it to pick things you know I will like? Oh my god, how is this STILL going?

Trisha Yearwood-How Do I Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzgL9nlxd3w
Hi, my name is Cherry. Have we met before? Did you seriously send a country song for me to listen to? I remember Leann Rimes had a cover of this song that came out when I was like, idk, in 6th grade or something, and I did kind of like her version, I didn’t even know this one until way later. Honestly, I still prefer hers lolz. Like okay, if I was forced by RTF to judge another country round of a game, this wouldn’t be the absolute worst choice, it’s better than those songs about driving trucks...kinda. But, seriously, you sent this to me. Did you all just get together and decide to send songs that will piss me off? IS THIS ENTIRE GAME A JOKE ON ME?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I wanted to send "I Miss You" by Blink-182 but you probably would've hated it cause itd remind you of Tom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 pm

You're in luck because I am home and visting the forum. Fastest results ever?

In first place:

Spoiler:

In second place:

Spoiler:

In third place:

Spoiler:

In fourth place:

Spoiler:

Which means in last place and the 5th person eliminated is:

Spoiler:

Sad

Stay strong. But I kinda had a feeling looking at your song choice Laughing thanks for playing!

Next theme posted whenever.
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh, I was wrong haha, I guessed Mas and Nat correctly, but I mixed the other three up.

Quote :
I wanted to send "I Miss You" by Blink-182 but you probably would've hated it cause itd remind you of Tom.

Actually, I like that song, you would have been treated to stories about how that song makes me think of the guy I lost my virginity to xoxo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Round Six: Solo singers. So congratulations on making it to the final four. This round is going to be a bit different. The theme is easier, but you will be submitting two songs, one female singer, and one male singer. I will judge all the songs individually, and rank them in order regardless of gender. So I won't be ranking best to worst female, best to worst male, the songs will just be ranked in best to worst period, 1-8. The person whose song gets 8th place will get eliminated (unless the odd chance the same person gets both 1st and 8th places, in that case, the person whose song is 7th place will be eliminated).

So you guys will be sending two songs, one by a male singer, one by a female. These have to be solo songs, no bands, but side projects from lead singers are fine. I encourage you guys to send things you think I will actually like...I talk about artists I like all of the time, it can't be that hard!

Send your songs to Henry. Deadline whenever is convenient for him. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm

yay i am still safe!!! i was so nervous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Oh yea, deadline tomorrow, Friday @ 9pm PT....TURNER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   

Back to top Go down

Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next