Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 am

I have an advantage in all idol games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am

Actually agree with Turner for once. Her closest friends all know exactly what she likes/dislikes, thus giving them a huge advantage. It's a bit pointless to me but whatever Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:23 am

Nat, can you remind them how many of my games you didn't win? Also, how many idol games hosted by other people that you won?

The reason Nat usually does well (but totally chokes eventually blah isn't just because he has a wider knowledge and better taste than you guys, it's because he actually pays attention to what people like and uses that to his advantage. You guys don't do that. Neither of you pay attention to the comments I write, or make mental notes of things I find annoying. Merriska does well for the same reason. They pay attention. You aren't obligated to do that, you're free to send whatever you please and don't have to read any of my comments to other people. But then you can't whine about how hard it is and other peoplw do better than you.

And in case anyone has forgotten, the reason I started doing my own idol games, both solo and with friends, is to try to encourage people to send submissions I like. I judge plenty of other games and have had to endure country music and pop stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:58 pm

I have all the songs but not home right now. I will send them to cherry when I get back, around 5-6 PT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:14 pm

it would be funny if the highest scorer was the one to get eliminated every round. that would be a pretty cool season twist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Sad one of my favorite songs of all time in the entire world has August in the title and no one sent it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Results tomorrow, probably. Sorry guys, spent the entire day at the fair and I am worn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Round Seven, August and Animals

Rilo Kiley-August
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LmrZk9mIV0

I knew someone would send this, I’m guessing Merriska. This is probably the best Blake RK song. Wow, I actually haven’t listened to this in a really long time, I forgot how much I liked it, it has this sweet innocent optimism to it. I love the instruments in this song too, there’s a couple great little interludes. This is still not my favorite August song of the world, but it’s probably my favorite of the ones submitted at least.

Roo Panes - Tiger Striped Sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w22uP1uJP5Y

One of my friends has a cat named Roo, I feel like she would really like this guy for that reason, haha. I’m not familiar with him, but he has a really nice voice, and tigers are obviously really cool. This is a decent choice.

Metric-Black Sheep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-FpCc434Do

Didn’t I just listen to Emily Haines last round? Such a random person to be submitted two rounds in a row. This is my favorite Metric song though (not that I actually listen to them much), but it’s a good song. I really like the cover of this Brie Larson does in the movie, too.

Beirut - August Holland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHluLTIwgsw

So it’s August, which has always been my favorite month, and my birthday is less than a week away, yay. I like Beirut, but this isn’t one of the best songs I’ve heard by them. I guess it’s okay. I am honestly just too DISTRAUGHT that no one sent my special song.

We The Kings - August Is Over
https://youtu.be/L6Fzs9dWBJ8
Never heard of this band before, but they seem to be one of those emo pop punk bands. I totally would have listened to this back in the day. It’s not my special song though Sad and I’m also disappointed no one sent Van Morrison. This isn’t terrible though.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
https://youtu.be/jMMkP_ofpXg
Dammit kids, I hate Karen O. I recognize this song title, I don’t remember if this is one of the songs I especially hate, or one of the ones that aren’t too bad. Meh. I’m not feeling this, OH GOD SHE’S DOING THE OOOH OOOH SHIT. The instruments are nice, I just really do not like this singer, especially when she yells and shit. The only good song by them is Maps.

Whoever sent Golden Lion is out, unless they also sent Rilo Kiley. Henry will be on to post at his convenience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Ok first song, and first place belongs to....

Spoiler:

Second place goes to...

Spoiler:

Third place goes to....

Spoiler:

Which means
Spoiler:

is a finalist! Good job!!

3 songs left. 2 belong to
Spoiler:

One belongs to
Spoiler:

Who will be the second finalist???

4th place goes to...

Spoiler:

Which means you are also a finalist, good job!

And sadly that means in 5th and 6th place, and the 7th person eliminated is....

Spoiler:

You did great this season and should be proud! Now, sashay away...

Congrats to our finalists on making it to the end! Cherry will post further instructions later.
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 pm

T.ears 
Spoiler:

. I mean not that anyone is really surprised, but still. Thank you for playing, and you surprisingly did better than either of us thought you would.

Final two, I will post your themes and instructions on how the final round works later tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:29 am

Congratulations final two! This is how the finals will work: there are five themes, and I will rank which song I like best for each theme. Five is an odd number, so one of you will come out victorious. Here are your themes:

1. Unicorns - Send a song that mentions unicorns

2. Conor - Send a Conor song obviously, Bright Eyes or solo

3. American Cities - Send a song with an American city in the title

4. Random Youtube find - Sometimes I find amazing stuff I've never heard of just browsing youtube. Like that's how I found Cigarettes After Sex <3 so browse youtube until you find a random cool song you've never heard of before that you want to share with me.

5. Anything you've been wanting to send but haven't had the chance to fit it into a theme, or just any song in general. It can be something you know I know, or something new.

As always, send to Henry. Make sure you label which theme each song is for so he doesn't have to do extra work figuring it out. Henry, when you submit to me, please arrange the songs by theme, but also make sure to mix and match whose song is first to ~up the fun mystery factor~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Finale songs sent to Cherry!!!
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Wtf this game goes fast without Javi blah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:28 pm

cooltu101 wrote:
it would be funny if the highest scorer was the one to get eliminated every round. that would be a pretty cool season twist

That would be a Backwards Idol game, and trust me, they're lulzy in toxic ways. I've judged an entire season of a Backwards Idol game (Tara and Mel were the other 2 permanent judges), and that season, Cherry guest judged in the finale of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Cherry wrote:
Wtf this game goes fast without Javi blah

Keep my name out yo mouth hoe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Calling it now. Merriska is winning this for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 pm

You're trying too hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:29 pm

neil why you alwaye need to root for certain people it gets very annoying i think yoo owe nat an apolgy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:15 pm

He's obviously jealous of Nat for a multitude of reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:39 pm

sorry guys, I'm lazy lolz. Finale will probably be up late tonight, or else tomorrow afternoon at the latest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Now you can't blame me for being dragging the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Iraheto wrote:
Now you can't blame me for being dragging the game.
or me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:21 am

Turner, GET OUT. blah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:25 am

If your song is pink, you won that theme.

Final

Unicorns

The Mountain Goats - Unicorn Tolerance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chbuhL2L4pY
Once, at the zoo, there was a mountain goat, but like, he only had one horn, so he looked like a unicorn. Also, we got new mermicorn toys at work today, so I bought them, because obviously. Anyway, unicorn tolerance is a good thing, obviously. The song is kind of cute, they remind me of Weezer. I probably wouldn’t listen to it regularly, but it’s decent.

Vanessa Carlton-Half a Week Before The Winter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QWuGdo22M
Mark and I used to talk about how we would both mix up her and Michelle Branch. They both got famous around the same time, they have similar voices, and they kinda look alike. Michelle is better though, and this song kind of sucks. I usually like piano, but idk, it sounds too upbeat, it’s not matching her voice. 

Conor

Bright Eyes - Poison Oak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjHACWmO0jQ
Okay, so this is one of my absolute favorite songs, which I am sure you know so you picked it purposely. This song is just like...pretty much perfect, wrapping up childhood memories, identity crises, loneliness and yellow bird references. Plus, it has really cool lines like “I’m just a single cell on a serpent’s tongue.” This is such an amazing song, but t.ears so is Something Vague. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN SUCH A PREDICAMENT WHERE I HAVE TO ACTUALLY CHOOSE BETWEEN TWO SUCH GOOD SONGS. WHY DIDN’T I SEE FORESEE THIS? T.EARS. Only minor complaint is that I am extremely vocal about how much I love this song, so I have had the pleasure of judging it a bunch of times, it would have been awesome if you had both sent songs that were both really good AND I’ve never judged them before.

Bright Eyes-Something Vague
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEhsBIUpZQ
THERE’S A DREAM IN MY BRAIN IT JUST DON’T GO AWAY, IT’S BEEN STUCK THERE SINCE IT CAME A FEW NIGHTS AGO. So Poison Oak is one of my favorite songs of all time, but this is a song I really like too, and I’ve been listening to it a lot lately. So t.ears, this is so hard, this is such a good song, brb while I listen to it for another hour. I AM USED TO SOMEONE MESSING UP AND SENDING SOMETHING HORRIBLE. But also, Murr just sent this in Cheeto Idol and you saw me fawn all over it, you lazy skank. I’m now thinking of all the Conor songs I love but no one will ever send them in an idol game. T.ears, Conor is just too perfect for this world. I am going to see him next month btw <3 WHY DID I THINK OF THIS CONCEPT AGAIN? I AM TERRIBLE WITH DECISIONS! 

American Cities

Father John Misty-Leaving LA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDJpbyqLJQU
Okay, so everyone knows I like him and I can’t pretend to hate this, but I’m also irrationally annoyed that you both picked California songs. California gets everything, if I make something open to all states you should always pick a random place! I should play my own games, I would be the best at them. Omg, next project, I will just post random songs and my commentary for them and the thread will be like, titled RAMBLINGS OF A CAFFEINATED MENTALLY UNSTABLE GINGER. Also, thanks for sending a 13 minute song, I don’t have 9 other songs to score and my internet isn’t being slow and lagging tonight. EXCEPT FOR I DO AND IT IS. ...this is a good song, but I still like complaining lolz. Plus, 13 minutes, so I mean, this comment is expected to be long! Actually, I feel like I am slacking on comment length, possibly because it’s just me. Like when I have Murr judge games with me, or back when I used to have Johan, both of them have these long smart 387644328 word comments, so I feel like I have to at the very least ramble for a long time to fit in! But when it’s just me, I can write two lines if I want, and it’s like STILL LONGER THAN ANYONE ELSE’S COMMENT, BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE COMMENTING. 
Song still going, btw. I feel like when a song is too long it takes me out of the I AM LISTENING TO THIS, JUDGING, mindset. Omg, like THAT TIME DAVID MODICA RUINED MY CONCEPT ALBUM THEME BY SENDING ONE 45 MINUTE LONG SONG <3 

Angus and Julia Stone - Santa Monica Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrfVaPNMCM8
CALIFORNIA IS ABOUT TO JOIN THE 80’S ON MY BANNED LIST! Okay so I like listening to these two, but brother-sister duos always seem weird to me. I can’t picture singing songs with my brother, gross. These guys aren’t even AMERICAN (lolz that sounds like a Jesse-style insult, but I just meant like, they probably don’t even know other states lolz). Omg there are still two more themes after this, why did I waste so much time listening to both Bright Eyes songs 17 times, I FEEL LIKE I WILL NEVER BE FINISHED. Ugh, did they just talk about having a bunch of kids and sitting in the backyard drinking wine? WHY ARE YOU SENDING ME SONGS ABOUT THAT SOCCER WINE MOM LIFESTYLE? blah

Youtube

dodie - Sick of Losing Soulmates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qGFAkyfjDU
Lolz wtf, I just typed to Murr the words “songs about lost soulmates” AND THEN I CLICK ON THIS TWO SECONDS LATER AND SEE THE SONG TITLE. Anyway, she has a nice voice, and I’ve never heard of her/this song before, so that’s a plus. Also, she described herself as fucked up, which is generally how I describe myself, especially to potential soulmates, so wins all around!

The Wombats-Walking Disasters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCPE2s_f9k
I already know this band, and they really aren’t that unknown. Theme fail! The music is kind of fun and upbeat, lyrics are meh. “Tell my mother that I love her dearly” is sweet, but cringey as a song lyric. I AM SUCH A TERRIBLE PERSON, PROBABLY. I am kind of walking disaster though, so that part fits..

Song of Choice

Beach Boys-God Only Knows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AifqxMaURFI
Lolzzz I just realized that I have not arranged a single song yet. It’s like Henry thought “hm, LET ME GUESS WHICH SONG SHE WILL PICK FOR EACH THEME AND PUT IT FIRST” and I am like THANKS FOR DOING THE HARD PART, I AGREE WITH YOUR CHOICES! This is also one of my all time favorite songs! Also, I still remember that this was the first song in the history of Natcher Idol to receive a perfect score of 40/40. Also, I AM PRETTY SURE YOU WERE THE PERSON WHO SENT IT. WHY DOES MY BRAIN HOLD ALL THIS INFORMATION? LIKE DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT ALL THE STUFF YOU LEARNED IN SCHOOL THAT WAS MAYBE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT LIKE, I COULDN’T TELL YOU ANY OF IT. BUT I COULD RECITE STATISTICS FROM IDOL GAMES I HOSTED 3 YEARS AGO, OR THE BIRTHDAY OF EVERY PERSON I HAVE EVER MET, OR RATTLE OFF AN EXTENSIVE BACKSTORY FOR EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE BABYSITTER’S CLUB. THESE ARE CLEARLY THE IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW! 

Seafret - Oceans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqsL0QQaSP4
When I was listening to that dodie song, it had this song listed as the suggested song to listen to next. COINCIDENCE, OR DID YOU LIKE THE BROWSING YOUTUBE THEME SO MUCH YOU PICKED TWO SONGS THAT WAY? Wait, this song has 48765983476 views and Arya Stark is in the video, so it’s probably something well known that you already knew lolz. I HOPE THIS SONG IS ABOUT MERMAIDS! ...t.ears, it’s just metaphorical oceans, no mermaids around. Actually, I am pretty sure I’ve heard this song before. This is nice, but it’s pretty hard to top God Only Knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME   

Back to top Go down

Cherry's Musical Chairs FINAL TWO TIME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next