Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Amazing Race Canada

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cherry

PostSubject: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Discussion thread for the new season! I just finished the episode.

Favorites so far are father son (sorry, it takes me forever to learn everyone's name...I know one of them is called Zed though!) and the guy/girl fitness team, I know her name is Ivana.

I kinda like the penalty girls too, even though that was a stupid decision. Like there are times when taking a penalty is a smart gamble, like if you know there is very very little chance you will ever complete the task in time, and it can even be a good strategy decision (like when Katie g.oddess talked Caroline and that guy into taking a penalty, knowing they could outrun the brothers and it was better than the risk of being the last to find their bucket). But like...it's the beginning of the first leg. More than likely you're flying somewhere, even in the Canadian version I don't think the first leg has ever been entirely in the starting location. Planes don't leave the second you get to the airport...there's going to be multiple people on the same flight as you, and you're two hours behind all those people. It wasn't a smart gamble at all, and it was kind of satisfying seeing their looks of shock at seeing someone literally get there 2 minutes after them having actually figured out the answer.

That said, they impressed me with their strength on the physical tasks, so I was glad they stayed. Plus, mother son teams are usually creepy (except Cole and Sheri <33333333333333333)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Everyone's pretty likable so far, though that's not unusual with our version. Kenneth and Ryan need to stop screaming though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:42 pm

There have been Canadians I didn't like! Those hockey girls were one, I laughed forever when they FUCKED UP THE CHALLENGE THAT INVOLVED SHOOTING HOCKEY GOALS. AND THEN THE BROTHER SISTER TEAM WHO EVERYONE HATED PASSED THEM IN IT, AND IT WAS THE BEST MOMENT EVER.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 pm

Just finished episode two! Not a fan of the girls who got first place, mostly because they both remind me of Nicole from BB haha. I like the girls who got second (Ebonie and...Andrea? something like that), and Zed and his dad (or is Zed the dad? idr), and Korey and Ivana (got both their names, woo!) I really dislike the annoying guys, but they did make a smart move bartering the express pass for info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Dumb bitches. They saw that everyone at the iron challenge had at least one hook done (except the idiot loud guys) so once it got down to just them and the other girls, they should have used their express pass. Glad they didn't though, cuz I like the other girls better.

Overall, good leg! My two favorite teams got first and second, I have no idea how Korey and Ivana pulled that off lolz they were like, 2 hours behind from being lost as fuck, then made their pots in 30 seconds <3 lolz @ the married couple thinking they were in the lead and then getting 5th. I always love when a team thinks they're in first and they definitely aren't. I'm so sadistic, haha. 

No more express passes and they are finally leaving Canada next week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Quote :
I always love when a team thinks they're in first and they definitely aren't. I'm so sadistic, haha.

I like that too Laughing And yay for leaving the west coast, they went from BC to Alberta to back to BC again lol. It'll make the comment sections from casuals on stuff like their Facebook page more annoying for a week though. Although we're often thought of as a very tolerant country, some Canadians can be very hypocritical. There were people complaining the first few seasons that it never left the country and that it should be like all the other versions and explore the world. Then they went to China and PEOPLE COMPLAINED THAT IT WAS TAR CANADA AND THEY SHOULD NEVER LEAVE CANADA AND THAT PC SNOWFLAKES HAD MADE THEM EXPAND OUT TO EXPLORE THE WORLD. I CAN'T EVEN.

But yeah, this was a good leg though my sister was sad because she had decided Megan and Courtney were her favorite cuz she liked math/science nerds the best in competition shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Lolol sers wtf. I know Canada is super vast and has lots of different geographical terrains and stuff so it can do a lot of legs in Canada and still be interesting, but like, how could anyone be mad that they get to travel other places in the world haha. If I was a contestant and made it to the end and we didn't leave Canada once I'd be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Well apparently Gino and Jessie who won their trip around the world and said "WE REALLY DON'T NEED TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT TORONTO AND VANCOUVER".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Korey and Ivana <3 lol though, they always fall so far behind, and then randomly get lucky on a challenge and do it super fast. I love them <3

I was hoping Zed and Shabbir would pull another first place, but at least they're doing really well. I am kind of in love with Zed, he looked so hot in the speedo too <3

Glad it was tbc, I like the girls and don't want them gone yet, and to be continued legs seem to flow better than non-elimination.

I hope the loud yelling guys get lost somewhere next week <3 also, I hope Karen and Bert think they are in first and get 5th again <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:05 pm

I didn't pay attention to this episode very well cuz I was trying to set up meeting with friends from highschool at the same time Laughing

Idk how Korey and Ivana pull it off, but it's pretty entertaining. Pls go away shrieking men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Ugh, so close to those assholes being last place. But I figured it would be non-elimination anyway, and I'm glad the girls are safe.

Korey and Ivana being a complete mess as always, and then dumb lucking into u-turning someone and getting third on the leg <3 I can't wait until they accidentally win the entire race due to other people's bad luck and them randomly dominating a challenge no one else can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 am

I just got my crappy internet and am in the process of downloading the episodes, I will post thoughts whenever I view them. Can't wait...love amazing race canada.

Edit: So I saw the first episode and I have to say most of these teams are pretty bland and unmemorable, hopefully that changes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 am

t.ears Korey and Ivana have the worst fucking luck, every time. This should have been their leg, they were smart enough to go straight to the kickboxing, they aced it, and then get fucked because they go to the wrong sign, as usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:10 pm

It's sad but also kinda hilarious, they should have a way higher placing average but they're always lost. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:07 am

Ugh I feel like almost every season my favorite team gets third place
Sam and Paul seem like super nice people, but ugh their perfection is boring as fuck. I hated them winning like 5 legs in a row. 

KOREY AND IVANA FOREVER <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 am

I would have liked Korey and Ivana to have gotten at least 2nd, poor things. Forever bottom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race Canada   

Back to top Go down

Amazing Race Canada
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1