Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Memory Lane - Favourite Twists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alrmwoo

PostSubject: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Sat 1 Jul 2017 - 3:29

The hundreds of games on IMDb, what were your favourite twists? Off top of my head I think S36 HII galore was one of mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Sat 1 Jul 2017 - 23:27

This thread had 30 views and zero replies when I clicked it <3

Um, off the top of my head, I liked the strategy behind one of Melanie's bitch survivor games where the winning tribe voted someone out of the losing tribe every round. I remember there was a lot of inter-tribal talk going on, making deals to make sure none of your people left and stuff. 

There was one Johnny did that I liked (well, in hindsight, it was also very stressful lol) where everyone was divided into 3 tribes, but there were also 3 "secret" tribes, like, everyone was also on a second tribe they didn't know who else was with them and whatnot. The goal was to make sure people from your secret tribe didn't leave, because the two secret tribes with the least people had a joint double tribal right before merge. Me convincing Harley to go to double rocks to save me, and him getting lucky and Kyle and Lacey both leaving because they were mean to me <3 lolz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 13:37

There wasn’t anything I really liked but I did think Zuchini’s Battle of the Seasons 2 concept was interesting.

It involved many tribes and the 4 losing tribes went to Tribal Council. I think that was an interesting dynamic to have.

This thread makes me miss strategy games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:04

Always enjoyed it back when it was out around 2001/2002. I was just thinking about it the other day when I was going down the pop/soda section. It even had a great commercial...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:09

In all seriousness, I really can't remember a lot of game twists. :\ If I had to pick one related to the game itself though, I still go throwback and say that the original outcast twist is probably the best ever (in terms of shock value) just because it was so against the mold of what Survivor was about at the time. And even though Big Brother did it a year or so before Survivor did, it was still shocking as hell and it's like nobody ever saw it coming on the show. Granted that doesn't really translate well into online gaming, but after that point, nothing was ever truly that surprising just because it got to the point that there always had to be a twist, otherwise it was too boring and straight-laced for people's tastes. I do think though that many old-school viewers saw it as a jumping-the-shark moment, but the show managed to win new fans who all was well.

Dividing the tribes by gender also sort of caused a bit of a stir as well... I thought that was a clever idea for the show just given how it changed the social dynamics between the tribes.

I'll try to think harder on game ones, but it's been so many years (almost 4 now) that gaming is becoming such a distant memory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:35

Can’t believe iBB2 is almost 4 years now. Yikes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 18:31

I can't really remember much games. I do remember the twist at SIMDB 8, my first game, where each person had a secret person and if they made it to a certain point, i think they got some advantage. Maybe it was an idol, i can't remember. Making it individual from the start before it became tribes like at final 9 or 8 was interesting too, with the immunity winner choosing who goes to tribal.

My own game, i think my final season with people grouped at different islands at the start but then suddenly knowing they were not their original tribes but only before the challenge was interesting too just to see the players scramble to form new alliances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memory Lane - Favourite Twists   

Back to top Go down

Memory Lane - Favourite Twists
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1