Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Yes, Guatemala was the last time and it was never broken. I wish they would bring it back, but they probably don't have the power to. Jericho finally getting some positive scenes is a very good sign since a lot of people were thinking an edit of sneaking food and being cutthroat the whole time was a bit strange for a winner, they usually have some warmth. I'm pretty well convinced now Tara is final 2 and has no shot. And I don't mind them bringing her as a goat cuz it's a legit strategy. I won 4 games taking goats lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 pm

It's the cowards strategy lol nah it's fine, for here Razz but on tv, we don't want to see goats taken to the end. I understand why they would as players, seems an easy win, but it makes for an underwhelming finish. They discussed what this jury will be impressed by and I don't think they would be impressed with doing that.

I was thinking where did the term goat come from as they discussed it. Sheep does seem like a better fit. How did goats get this bad rep? Sheep follow the shephard, who doe goats follow?

I only took a goat once to the end, and lost lol aww Jesus bad memories. My four wins I didn't take any goats to the end. The feeling is good when you beat someone you genuinely weren't sure you'd beat. Keeping loyal to a strong allie and fighting it out for the win is the way to go on here when there's no actual money at stake. Real life is different, but I still think there is more honour and respect to be earned from going to the end with someone who deserves it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm

I dunno, when Cody took Derrick when he could have taken Victoria who was like the biggest goat in maybe reality TV history people were stunned. They've made fun of him for three years over that. I don't mind seeing a goat in a final as long as it's clear they're not actually going to win, seeing them get roasted for doing shit can be hilarious. But you're one of those types that doesn't like seeing drama. bigrazz

It's actually a pretty long history. [url=insidesurvivor.com/survivor-history-origin-of-the-goat-685[/url]

Early on I mostly took them, but more recently I had taken one that wasn't really one, they just didn't have a lot of respect from that particular jury who was very angry and bitter, and they beat me because some jurors were mad I took the alleged goat instead of the powerhouse because they wanted to roast the powerhouse at the roundtable session. In my most recent strategy game I actually did decide to go to the end with two people that had both been strategic and comp threats and winning there did feel pretty satisfying.

But I still don't mind goats as long as they stay in that role. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Who the hell are Cody and Derrick? Laughing did I miss a season? A goat is fine in a final 3, as long as the other 2 will make for a compelling final. A goat in a final 2 would just make the final tribal really pointless without any suspense at all. Final 2s are great but as long as they're a good pair. Imagine if Cagayan was Kass V Woo. That would have been so disappointing. it was only Woo taking Tony that saved a great season from a poor ending. I don't think they should decide on what it's going to be until you reach the later stages of the game, to see what sort of final 4 you have, but I know they have to in order to have the challenges ready. They could of course have an extra challenge ready, one that doesn't require a lot of planning (like the balancing the plates one lol).

This final 4 has 1 goat (Tara), 1 middle of the road (Pete) and 2 decent candidates to win. I'd be surprised if Jericho or Michelle don't win, but I'm not sure how the jury would respond to the other two. Only Locky has called Pete a goat, we've not heard it from anyone else and despite us not liking Tara, we don't know how the jury feel about her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:09 pm

BBUS.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:35 am

What is that? Some sort of Justin Bieber reality show with him driving around in a bus or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Big Brother US.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Lol I KNOW. Just winding you up Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Troll Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Now that was just uncalled for sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:30 am

I think at this point I am rooting for Michelle.

i am going to pick it back up for these next few episodes though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:50 pm

EPISODE 24

Ok I'm not understanding the timing of this at all? Voting out a jury member at final 4? The person voting the jury member out may not even be a finalist, so what's the point? Plus it just puts mega heat on that person, or should do, but they were all acting like Jericho was already a finalist? I just don't understand how winning that benefits him, surely the other 3 now agree to vote him out if he doesn't win the next immunity. That seems the logical move. Plus he was openly discussing who to vote in front of everyone, counting votes he might get lol wtf??!! You don't want people to think you can win, you're meant to play down your chances until you actually get there!

Anyway I get the decision to vote Tessa, but I like many, fucking hate that twist. I just don't get the timing of it. Surely the time is at final 3, the person who wins immunity and apath to the final 2 also gets to vote out a juror. I mean he's not guaranteed a finals spot, what if he Peter made the finals and lost by 1 vote, because he lost that challenge and thus lost Tessa too? I just don't get why at final 4 when there are two more vote offs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah I didn't think there was an episode today and I got spoiled. lol Poor, poor Tessa. Makes some sense, but if I made top nine and lost my juror status I'd be devastated. I don't get why they would want to do it. I knew it was coming but.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:26 pm

yea that is really weird that they would do that so early, they have always thrown in twists after twists,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 am

I hate the twist but I get it, I just don't get the timing. It only benefits Jericho in two votes time but Survivor is all about right now.

It will be interesting to see if the other 3 even discuss voting him. I think they're set on voting Pete, or were but what about now? It was a poisoned chalice of a reward. Should have been done at F3 with combined immunity. A huge challenge that could win you the game but even all round so stinky Tara had a chance.

On the other hand, they may have purposely done it now to screw with them. Do you take the risk? Did Jericho have to go fir it? Pete winning probably meant removing vocal Locky, rather than Luke who I think will be very influential in the final vote.

Also, is Jericho gay? I'm just going off of stereotypes since he said he was a flight attendant. If he is, he's not obvious, like Pete is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 am

As far as we know, no. But you're not the first person who's said he pings their gaydar so I guess he has that vibe. I never really noticed lol.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 am

I don't have a gaydar lol. I watched the show Playing it Straight and guessed almost ever person wrong Laughing I only assumed he's gay due to his job, otherwise I'd not have thought he was, but now that I start to think about it, I could see it. Probably a good thing for him that he is. Women are damn fussy and he's extremely short. It's like the time Henry said he was thankful he was gay because he knew at 5ft tall, he'd have a hard time getting a girlfriend.

Next episode spoilers? I started to read that!! Won't see until later tonight.

Oh something else I must say is, I like that we are near the end and have 4 people, 3 going into the finale. That's much better in my opinion, rather than 5/6 at the finale like US does, rushing through vote offs and those people are largely forgotten about as we focus on the finalists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:07 pm

The US used to go down from 4 to 2 in the finale and it worked really well, the 5/6 really has suffered in giving the last few people decent exits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 pm

I keep seeing on reddit comments calling this season of Australian Survivor the best or one of the best seasons of Survivor, ever, including the US version. So now I am curious to watch it. Are all episodes one hour long? How many episodes are there so far?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Most of the episodes are 50 minutes, some are a little longer at 65. It's going to end up at 26 episodes altogether, this version lasts longer. It's 55 days and there are 24 people. If you heard that half of New Zealand's episodes had no boots because they would end with Redemption Island duels and spent like 40 minutes at camp laying around and thought that sounded slow as hell, you'll probably be happy to know that almost every episode in this version had a vote out. Buuut there are a few where nobody left because they had a twist like offering a mutiny. It's very much like the US in that there's idols and special powers and temptations offered, but I think they do a better job of giving people screentime for the most part (there are sadly a few people that got next to nothing). The pre-merge has some great blindsides and the first few jury boots after merge are crazy fun to watch. If you find the time then it's a fun ride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Haha Henry, I tried to tempt you and others to watch it but you all turned your nose up. I enjoy it much more than US now. The US has better music but Aus has much better editing all round. You're a bit late to start now, the finale is tomorrow but you could always watch it over the period of a few weeks like I usedto when I'd buy easons on dvds. Would try to watch an episode a day and be done in 2 weeks, but this is 26 episodes. God I love me some #SurvivorAU Laughing

I loved the loved ones visit. It was different to what we usually see and was refreshing to see more than one family member be there in some cases. I liked that they did it at final 4. It just felt more personal or something. The immunity is fun. I was happy for Pete...until he targets Jericho, but we knew that would happen. I was a bit nervous he'd go, it seemed the easy vote, until the wonderful Tara....oh Tara how I love you Laughing but first of all lets just say Michelle could ahve came out of that vote easily. You have to bite your tongue. You cannot show your hand!! Just bite your tongue and say ok, we'll vote Tara. Jericho then votes Tara, Michelle and Pete vote Jericho and Tara's vote won't matter to Michelle either way. That's a game winning move.

Now Tara lol oh God love her. I get what she was doing, but it's just not a good move. She wants to say to the jury that she had control on this vote, she made a choice herself, nobody told her what to do, she made a move to get her to final 2 etc, but you kept the person in who they know is really popular with the jury and kept him in in such a way that he's a hero, by winning the fire making challenge. He will only come out of it with more credit than she will, but I'm of course thankful. She should have let Jericho go, then work with Pete to go to final 2, though we'd all hate that. It's a real shame she's going to be a final 2 goat. Jericho will crush her probably 8-1 or 9-0 and I think Pete would even beat her maybe 7-2 or 6-3 at worst or something. That's a shame we won't really have a contest in the finals.

Aww it's almost over.

Last edited by EnnJaySee on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Progress after Episode 25:

Twenty-first Voted Out: Michelle Dougan - Will
Twentieth Voted Out: Locklan "Locky" Gilbert - Will
Nineteenth Voted Out: Nicola "Ziggy" Zagame - CheChe
Eighteenth Voted Out: Luke Toki - Murr
Seventeenth Voted Out: Sarah Tilleke - Dillon
Sixteeth Voted Out: Tessa O’Halloran - May May
Fifteenth Voted Out: Henry Nicholson - Nat
Fourteenth Voted Out: Anneliese Wilson - May May
Thirteenth Voted Out: Jarrad Seng - CheChe
Twelfth Voted Out: Odette Blacklock - Emer
Eleventh Voted Out: Ben Morgan - Tara
Tenth Voted Out: Aaron "A.K." Knight - Neil
Ninth Voted Out: Kent Nelson - Emer
Eighth Voted Out: Jacqui Patterson - Dana
Seventh Voted Out: Mark Wales - Neil
Sixth Voted Out: Samantha Gash - Murr
Fifth Voted Out: Aimee Stanton - Dan
Fourth Voted Out: Mark "Tarzan" Herlaar - Misty
Third Voted Out: Kate Temby - Dana
Second Voted Out: Adam Parkin - Dillon
First Voted Out: Joan Caballero - Tara

Ninth Eliminated: Will
Eighth Eliminated: CheChe
Seventh Eliminated: Murr
Sixth Eliminated: Dillon
Fifth Eliminated: May May
Fourth Eliminated: Emer
Third Eliminated: Tara
Second Eliminated: Neil
First Eliminated: Dana

Will loses both of his players back to back after lasting such a long time and is eliminated from the game. Misty, Dan and Nat are our final 3. Good luck.

The Final 3:

Jericho Malabonga - Dan
Peter Conte - Nat
Tara Pitt - Misty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Damn, i get the overall placing at least
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:40 pm

can someone link the finale please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?   

Back to top Go down

Which Australian Survivor Castaway Are You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next