Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:54 pm

So far we've revealed that

Spoiler:

Are safe

Let's reveal more results

In Fourth Place with 25.5/30 is......

Spoiler:

In Fifth Place with 24.5/30 is......

Spoiler:

In sixth place with 24/30 is

Spoiler:

Just barely escaping the bottom 3 in Seventh Place with 21/30 is......

Spoiler:

Which means our bottom 3 is

Spoiler:

Two of you tied with 19.5/30 and the other had a score of 16/30

I'm going to send one of you back to Safety now

That person is........

[spoiler] TomCat!!!!!
Spoiler:

I'll reveal who stays......

After the break!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:58 pm

We're left with

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You barely escaped the Bottom Two last week. This week the judges were very divided on your song

Spoiler:

You finished in First place the first round but have yet to make a rebound. This round we all thought you didn't do your best

The person......,

Who is going home......,

Is........

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Up until this point you did amazing. Thank you so much for signing up!

For the rest of you, stay tuned for your next theme!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Theme #4   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Congrats Top 9!!!!!

Your theme this round is: Divas!!!!

Yes you will be sending in songs by female artists that some may consider Divas

You have 48 hours

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:45 pm

I've sent the songs to the judges

Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #4 Songs    Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 am

Another tough round. With the bar set high, could we be in for a shock?

Turner: Fighter by Christina Aguilera

RTF: Great Choice! Christina is one of the best female vocalists today. Out of the teen pop stars from the 90s-2000s, she's the best! Great song too

Henry: I am so excited about this theme because songs by female artists known as "divas" totally remind me of RPDR's Lip Syncs for Your Life. So I am going to be grading these song based on how good of a song it would be to lip sync on that show!!!! I am also going to grade based on how good the song is, I GUESS. So yea, this song...definitely would make a good LSFYL song. I don't think they have even done a Christina song yet in 9 seasons so I am shocked, SHOCKED. Anyway, catchy tune. I like it!

Duck: It's not my most favourite christina song but it definitely has that energy you need if you want to exercise or something lol. I think christina is better at ballads than she is at making uptempo songs tbh.

metsrus: Puccini O Mio Babbino Caro by Anna Netrebko

RTF: This isn't something I'd typically listen to. I might listen to a pop opera group like Il Divo sometimes but nothing like this. While I'm not a fan of this type of singing, I will say that she is very talented and it takes a lot of balls and risk to send this. I HOPE it pays off.

Henry: Umm yea, I dont think they would ever lip sync to opera on RPDR so forget about grading this song based on that lol. I wouldn't call myself an opera fan, like, I dont listen to it all the time. But I do go through opera phases when it's the only thing, or one of the few things that I listen to. Mostly after I purchase a bottle of wine that costs more than 10 dollars. Wanna feel fancy and wealthy for a little bit, you know?

Duck: I pretty much had to like how this song sounds as opposed to understanding the lyrics..if you enjoy Opera music then i suppose you can enjoy this peaceful song but i have to be honest, i'm not a fan of opera so i couldn't really get into it as much..:/

Merriska: Emotions by Mariah Carey

RTF: Oh how I miss Old Mariah. She's lost her voice recently and instead of lowering the key, embarrasses herself by lip syncing. I guess when you're a diva you can do that. But anyway, this song is classic Mariah and really showcases her vocal ability. Had you sent in Hero it would've been way too safe. But this is a great pick.

Henry: Emotions: Oh they would sooo lip sync to this. I heard that they haven't had any MiMi songs on the show because she doesn't want them to be on the show? I dont know how true that is. Probably just a rumor and the real reason is cuz they can't afford the rights to get the song

Anyway, love this song!!! I wanna learn the lyrics and lip sync it myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duck: Retro mariah lol..her songs were the best back in the day..although 90's cheese and sound but this was the time when her music was the best imo since it pretty much made her a household name..my favourite was still another song however.

Brady911: Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Revue

RTF: Very iconic song by a very well known diva, but this is waaaaaay too safe. Out of so many other choices you choose this. If you survive this round, please put a little more effort in the future.

Henry: Yasssss, work that stage Tina!!!! If you were going to send a Tina song,  I am glad you sent this one. I personally would have preferred the studio version, but the concert version is great too and definitely fun to watch. Wish I was alive and young when this concert happened, would have loved to be there. Or did this concert happen after I was born?! I dont know man!!!

Duck: lol..but i did enjoy this r&b song because it was one of tina's best..although i did like ONE of her songs from the later part of her years =)

Dana: And I'm Telling You I'm not Going by Jennifer Hudson

RTF: Once Again, a very safe song. This song is over-covered on singing competitions and like I said, way too safe for this theme. Sorry.

Henry: Guuuuuuuuurl. When they lip synced the Jennifer Holiday version of this song on RuPaul's Drag Race....ayyy. This song is intense, at least the two versions I have listened to. Fun fact, I've never watched Dreamgirls. Only seen clips of it here and there, this performance being the one I have seen the most times lol. This song is one of my go to songs when I've already had 5-6 beers

like Jlo would say, this song gives me the goosies.

Duck: The award winning song that made Jennifer Hudson a hollywood star..another american idol song sung to death lol but Jennifer had the best voice and obviously was one of the most successful hollywood stars that made this song a smash hit.

masbond: I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin

RTF: While some might be reminded of My Best Friend's Wedding with this, it reminds me of Date Movie. <3 Screw Grant she must marry Nickyyyyyyyy!!! Anyway Aretha is a safe choice for an artist, but this choice by her is thinking outside the box. While it isn't my favorite this round, still an Ok pick.

Henry: I know this song, but this is not the version that I know. Someone help me!! Who sings the version that is more popular?? Or is this the popular version and I've listened to a less popular version before? Anyway, I kinda like this. Personally, I wouldn't have sent this if I was going to send Aretha. I mean, go with the safest choice if you think you won't be able to send a song from her again. Cough, Think, cough...this would be a good song to lip sync to on the show, but probably too slow. So maybe not.

Duck: Everytime i hear this song, i think of My Best Friend Wedding since that's where that famous movie scene came from with this song..i like the song but now that i re-hear this slower version, i'm not sure if this was my favourite version even though it WAS her song...

Cherry: Reach Out, I'll be There by Diana Ross

RTF: This is not the original version of the song. This was originally done by The Four Tops, and just like she did with Ain't No Mountain High Enough, she ruined this song as well. Sorry but not a good choice.

Henry: I've heard this song a few times before but didnt know it was a Diana Ross song, so, today I learned something new!!! Those vocals, damn...girl can sing.  I wouldn't call myself a super fan of Diana Ross but I like some of her songs. And we will now add this one to the list of songs I like. This is good, but probably too slow to lip sync to. But they've done slower songs so I am sure it's just a matter of time before two men in wigs are lip syncing to this song

Duck: I know she's like related to Whitney but her songs aren't as catchy as Whitney's was imo..but i liked the soulful sound that it had and it's one of the last soulful songs you hear nowadays since r&b soul isn't so big anymore..

Eric_The_Pelican: Always be My Baby by Mariah Carey

RTF: Second Mariah song this round. Not as good as the first Mariah song, but still a good pick.

Henry: Ayy how rude not to send the version from the biggest diva ever, David Cook, how could you?!?! JK!!! I like this song, it's so cute and sweet and charming and innocent. I dont know what else to say, I am tired and need to go to bed soon!!!!

Duck: No one's picked my favourite mariah song yet lol but again, another 90's hit that was big back then..one of mariah's slower ballads too..she used to be so good at singing these but nowadays her diva attitude has killed her voice..i still enjoyed this song however as it's 90s era.

TomCat: Lost & Found by Lianne La Havas

RTF: I've never heard from her before. Hmm. The opening is real pretty. Wow, her voice is mildly different. I'm actually glad you did this. You took a huge risk by sending an unknown singer to most. Same as another person. This is really good.

Henry: Maybe it's cuz I am such an ignoramus but I have no idea who this is. Like, I think me and you have different ideas on what "diva" means lol. I mean, I think of Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Whitney, Gaga... you think of Lianne La Havas. Ok, work....aaaaanyway, I am going to be open minded and listen to this, who knows maybe you'll introduce me to a new artist I like....song is now over and I really liked it! She has a very unique voice, it's very hard for me to think of another artist with a similar voice. She's good and I might check out some of her songs later. Good choice!

Duck: I never heard of this singer before..but here's a R&B modern singer who at least stays true to soulful music..i love her voice too!. the music video is left to be desired but i thought it was a great ballad song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #4 Results   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:40 am

Ok let's get to the results

Dim the lights and heeeeere we go.....

The person who finished in first place this round with 27/30 is.....

Spoiler:

congrats!

In second place with 26.5/30 is......

Spoiler:

Sending an unknown song paid off! Well done!

Rounding out our Top 3 with 26/30 is.........

Spoiler:

Cingrats!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 am

Let's continue with the results

Finishing in Fourth Place with 25/30 is......

Spoiler:

In Fifth place with 24.5/30 is........

Spoiler:

Tied for 6th place with 22.5/30 are.....

Spoiler:

Which means our bottom 2 is

Spoiler:

I'll have the final results......

After the break!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:46 am

Before the break I revealed

Spoiler:

Were the bottom 2.

One of them got 21/30 and the other had 20.5/30

The person......

Who is going home.......

Is........

Spoiler:

Cherry you did amazing this season and I'm sure everyone is shocked you're leaving this early. Thanks for signing up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:47 am

Later loser!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Theme #5   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:48 am

Congrats Top 8!!!!

Your next theme is: Songs from the Movies!

You have 24 hours to send in songs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Quote :
Duck: I know she's like related to Whitney but her songs aren't as catchy as Whitney's was imo..but i liked the soulful sound that it had and it's one of the last soulful songs you hear nowadays since r&b soul isn't so big anymore..

I think someone's getting Diana Ross mixed up with Cissy houton and/or Dionne warwick Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Sad Diana is like a queen diva!

Oh, and Henry, the other version of Say A Little Prayer you like is probably Dionne Warwick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Diana is great, everyone needs to hand in their cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 pm

That was close. Prob shouldn't have picked that particular version lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 pm

This game is so  flower ICONIC. flower

Someone sends a less popular singer and scores in the top 3. Someone sends opera and DOESN'T get eliminated Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:10 am

Do the songs need to be written for a movie, or any song that appeared in a movie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:34 am

RTF wrote:
 Brady911: Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Revue

I love Tina Revue. She's my favourite artist of all time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:18 am

Any song that appeared in a movie tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Just sent the songs to the judges. Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #5 Songs    Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Eric_The Pelican: I've Had the Time of my Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warness (Dirty Dancing)

RTF: This was a pretty popular movie which I have never seen and I don't care to. I've never really cared much for the song. It's pretty good I guess but too sappy for me.

Henry: Always liked this song, but never really seen the movie

or have I? I can't remember lol. But yea, very catchy tune that makes me want to start singing for some reason. And never watched the music video, so this was nice to finally watch it, didnt even know it had one.

Duck: I have to admit..i love these old songs from inspirational movies in the past...RIP Patrick Swayze..i kind of preferred the song from another 80's film but this one is great too..who can't get enough of dirty dancing? I still don't think Jennifer Grey can dance very well however lol..

Metsrus: Mad World by Gary Jules (Donnie Darko)

RTF: This has been done on several singing shows, most notably Adam Lambert on American Idol. This is such a pretty and haunting song. This guys voice is really good too. I think you might've redeemed yourself with this choice.

Henry: My apologies to anyone who considers Donnie Darko one of their favorite movies ever, but I remember when I watched it, I was confused AF. But it was the kind of confussion that made me angry and feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life instead of the confussion that would make you want to find out more about the movie or watch it again

ANYWAY, this song is cute. I really wouldn't change the radio if it came on. But I don't really listen to it often so yea. It's cute.

Duck: I still believe this is one of the most haunting and greatest songs there is...but i've heard it so many times on reality shows and movies that it started to wear me out too lol..i won't dock too many points but i feel like this great song overstayed it's welcome imo when it got popularized..

Merriska: Can You Feel the Love Tonight by Elton John (The Lion King)

RTF: Love Elton John and love the Lion King soundtrack. This is a great song. Good pick this round.

Henry: Elton John is someone that I KNOW has talent, and will not ever say that he doesn't. But I just can't really get into his music for some reason. Like, I don't think I've ever even seen the Lion King. And if I did, I was probably too young to remember lol. But yea, this song has the strong vocals, and it's nice to listen to. Would this be a good song to make babies to?

Duck: Ooh..i loved the lion king!!..still a great movie that unfortunately had terrible sequels but this theme song is one of the greatest...although i can't help but love the song when simba was born much better imo..but i liked how this song was about simba's first love.

Turner: I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly

RTF: Probably about as safe as you can get lol. Regardless, I love this song. It shows R Kelly's versatility. Love it!

Henry: Yea see this is a movie I do remember watching when I was a kid lol. Probably more than once. Yea this song is very cute and all, but I would probably not like to be caught listening to it, I dont know why???

You girl go and believe in yourself!!!!!

Duck: I do like some R Kelly songs..this is one of them..but i wasn't a huge fan of his R&B songs overall lol..Who knew that this theme song is the only that people will likely remember Space Jam for..i do like the gimmick of the movie to have toon characters play real life basketball but this song brought back great memories too..

masbond: Come What May by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge)

RTF: ugh! I know people love this movie and love this song but this just isn't for me. I know some of the other judges will like it but it's not my cup of tea.

Henry: I am a simple man, you send a song from a musical I love, I score you high. I mean, I had a phase where I was *obsessed* with this movie and its soundtrack. Such a gem. Such a beautiful song. I am not ashamed to admit I got my speakers at near full volume now listening to this, hearing loss be damned. (Hindi Sad Diamonds would have been my personal choice if I was playing and wanted to send a song from this movie)

Duck: It's got a nice touchy feely sound to it..it's kind of slow though to really get into..at least they got actors who can sing like Ewan and Nicole..it's one of those angelic songs you can appreciate.

Brady: Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News (Back to the Future)

RTF: One of my favorite bands, movies, and songs! I've loved this song since the moment I heard it. Great Job!

Henry: This song, like R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly, are songs that I think are too corny to listen to and have people catch you listening to them

THAT'S THE POWAH OF LOVE!!!!!! It's a great song though, don't get me wrong! But umm yea...lol.

Duck: This song has been played so many times in the back to the future movies that it's become a staple lol..i loved that franchise..although not so much the 3rd one but i always get giddy whenever i hear this song play..they don't make movies as good as this anymore

. 9/10

Dana: Writing's on the Wall by Sam Smith (Specre)

RTF: I've never heard this but Sam Smith has a great voice! This song is really good. The orchestration and music goes great with his voice. Love it!

Henry: Of all the Daniel Craig Bond movies, Casino Royale still has the best opening theme song, so, many T.EARS that it wasn't sent. I would have taken Skyfall too. This song, it is ok, but yea, those two other would have gotten you perfect scores. This is just I don't know...too whiney? It's really not a very memorable Bond theme. He can sing, and he has some great songs (I'm Not The Only One is a flawless song) but this is not one of them. Sorry!!!

Duck: There's no doubt in my mind that Sam Smith is an amazing singer...although i have to say, this song is one of the weakest and Spectre being underwhelming didn't help either lol..the song definitely needed some time to get used to but because it was no Skyfall from Adele it kind of underwhelmed in that aspect

TomcatMurr: Under the Milky Way by The Church (Donnie Darko)

RTF: sending another unknown song. Hmm. I'm not enjoying this as much as your last choice. It's just okay for me. I enjoy you sending unknown songs, but this just didn't do it for me. Sorry

Henry: Don't know why I feel like I know this band already. The guy's voice sounds familiar. Anyway, this is the only song on this list that I didn't recognize, and it's probably the only one that I reeeeeally like (not counting Come What May) This is pretty amazing and it's not such an obvious choice, but it's also not a risky choice that is also terrible. So good job you.

Duck: Exactly what movie was this painful song in lol? i don't see any clips of the movie being shown but i just knew that the cheese wasn't very engaging..it was way too oldies pop for me sorry

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:58 pm

This is the most divided the judges have been this round. What does this mean

In first place with 27/30 is......

Spoiler:

Tied for Second with 25.5/30 are.....

Spoiler:

Tied for Fourth with 24/30 are

Spoiler:

This means that the bottom 3 are

Spoiler:

Two of you had 23.5 and one had 22.5

The person going home is......

Spoiler:

You were great to have this season and I know this comes as a shock.

Good luck

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Theme #6   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Congratulations Top 7!!!!

Your new theme is: Soul/R&B

You have 24 hours to submit a song
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:46 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   

Back to top Go down

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next