Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Oh yay, all the best people got top three, and the worst person was almost eliminated blah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #2 Songs/Comments   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 am

Eric the Pelican: Summer Girls by LFO

RTF: Yes!!!!! Great way to start off this round. Perfect for the theme. I also love this song. RIP Rich Cronin.

Henry: Meh. I dont know where the person who sent this grew up that this song reminds them of summer, but not to me. This is so slow and almost boring. Like, yea it has the word summer in the title but I am almost falling asleep here. Don't hate this song, but don't love it either.

Duck: I actually liked Girl on the TV better...but RIP to Rich Cronin who passed away from Leukemia..it was sad when the band disbanded because of his cancer fight..they were one of the better boy bands back in the day but they just never got as big as the other bands back then unfortunately...this was a good viral debut single but it wasn't my favourite from them.

soullimbo: Summer in the City by The Lovin' Spoonful

RTF: This is a really great song. Another perfect song for the theme. Kind of outdated but still I love old music!

Henry: Well, living in the desert now I can relate to the part of the song that he wishes the days were like the nights in the city, cuz the days are too HOT. Anyway, cute song with a very catchy chorus. Not groundbreaking or something I wanna listen to again, but it was alright.

Duck: I see someone chose a more retro song lol..if you were gonna choose a retro song, i wish you chose one that i actually liked..not that i hate this one but i'm not really a fan of these types of cool cat 60's song choices..

Merriska: Island in the Sun by Weezer

RTF: I remember this from the Olsen Twins movie Holiday in the Sun. I mean, it's an OK song. Out of the first Three this is definately the weakest.

Henry: Is there a reason you sent this low quality version of the song? Well I didnt listen to this link sent to me, I looked for my own. I wouldn't call myself a Weezer fan. I do like some of their songs. But don't ask me about their discography or the name of the band members lol. But there are a few songs of them I like, this one being one of them. Do I think of summer while listening to it? Not necessarily. Good song though.

Duck: Aside from the bad quality of this song, i do think this was a good song back in the day..i don't really like the band as a whole but this one caught my eye when i heard it in a movie..one of those Teen Comedies that i can't think of right now but it was a nice throwback.

Bria: All Summer Long by Kid Rock

RTF: I really liked this song when it first came out. It's a ridiculously fun song. However, even today this song is way too overplayed. I liked it back then, but I really got tired of it after a while. Plus I doubt the other two judges will enjoy it, so you could be in trouble this round.

Henry: I refused to listen to this piece of trash artist so, with that said, this is the most "summer" song sent so far so at least you followed the theme. You pretty much hear this song in like every commercial and outdoor summer event so good for you? And it's a catchy song, but I am never listening to a Kid Rock song ever again. Not like I was a fan in the first place so nothing's changed I guess lol.

Duck: Agh..i hate Kid Rock..his songs are so trailer trash. His attempt to go from hard rock to pop rock is not his forte..i just don't like the louisiana sound country songs either and i'm pretty sure the sound was ripped off of another song i can't think of right now..

Dana: All Summer Long by Beach Boys

RTF: Beach Boys are a very talented group. I love their sound. I'm surprised I actually liked this. Never heard it before and it's pretty good. Not amazing but good.

Henry: Summer and Beach in the title? You hit the jackpot lol. The Beach Boys have some cute songs, I wonder if all of their songs would be appropriate for the theme? Anyway , this isn't really a favorite of mine, but it has that catchy summer-y feeling.

Duck: Then we go from Country to Retro pop lol..i know a lot of older women would appreciate this song but again, i'm not a fan of the 60's pop era songs unless it had a distinct sound..not a bad cheeky pop song but just not for me.

Brady: Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams

RTF: Fun fact: Bryan Adams was only 9 in 1969 so use your imagination of what this song is actually about. This is a classic song! Probably by favorite Bryan Adams song. However this is a pretty safe pick for you this round.

Henry: Too safe and basic tbh but wth, it's  a good jam. Surprisingly, I dont think I've listened to this song in a long time, maybe it's cuz I am not listening to radio stations where this would normally play or what, or idk. But yea, safe, but really good.

Duck: Bryan Adams was on and off for me..i like some of his songs but others i didn't..it's not a bad summer song though..i think what's missing in this song is a catchy tune however..i can't believe he's been singing that long..i'm sure it was a hit in the 80's though. Weird music video though

cooltu101: Crazy in Love by Beyoncé and Jay-Z

RTF: The first song this round that doesn't directly deal with Summer. This is when Beyoncé was good. Back in 2003 when I was 12 and I went around with my dad when he was towing cars and this was on a radio a lot. Pretty good song choice.

Henry: If you asked me to make a summer playlist, this song would be the last one on my mind, but at the same time, I think it's so appropriate that I am not really complaining? Like, I can understand and see how people would listen to this and think of summer while listening to it. Not one of my favorite Beyonce songs, but it's catchy!

Duck: Ooh...now this is a summer song i can get into lol..although not my favourite beyonce song but i can't help but laugh everytime i watch the White Chicks scene with this song..one of her more catchy singles.

metsrus: Imagination by Pandana

RTF: ok I really don't understand what they're saying. This wasn't my cup of tea. I mean I guess the instrumentation was ok, but just not doing it for me.

Henry: I don't know who sent this, but you're cool. Summer is my least favorite season so I am not too excited about songs that "remind me of summer" but I am glad something like this was sent because this is so the sh*t I would have on my "summer" playlist. Outside in my yard, having a beer, listening to music like this, and just chill. This is awesome, good job

Duck: I've never heard of this before...but it sounds like it's one of those yoga songs..i don't know if this is a summer song if that's the theme but it sounds like one of those non-lyrical songs you can just listen to if you want to meditate..i have to dock marks for not having any actual singing though...

Cherry: Sausalito by Conner Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band

RTF: I'm surprised I liked this. I like this guy's sound. This is the type of theme you
Accelerate in because you always think outside the box. Great choice!

Henry: Another song that I don't immediately think of when asked about summer songs, but I can see how it fits. What kind of genre is this? Sounds a little country but don't want to call it that. Anyway, pretty good song, I liked it.

Duck: Lol who chose this one? it just sounds so bizarre...Why do i get the sense that this is a hipster band..this song is missing a chorus or tune that you can remember this song after listening to it over and over..if you want to go on a road and trip or to some weed bash you might like it but i don't think i could listen to this again..

TomcatMurr: Young Blood by Naked and the Famous

RTF: Not really liking this one. Sorry

Henry: Ohhh this is what this song is called? LOL at me last job I remember this song playing like, all the time and since I was not in charge of the music I never found out but I always liked it when it came on. Never thought of like, pulling out my phone and shazam it or something lol. Anyway, good song, I really like this one!! Like the "Imagination" song, I would definitely add this to my version of a summer playlist.

Duck: Now this is a pretty good summer song..it's got the right mix of electronic and singing in it that can be a hit in the summer..i haven't heard of this band before either so it's good to hear someone new.

masbond: Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield

RTF: Such a sweet song. Makes me happy to listen to! Great pick.

Henry: I literally cannot listen to this song without starting to feel like I want to sing it lol. This is probably one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard but, does this remind of me of, or makes me think of summer when I listen to it? Not really. But I love the song so much!!! Conflicted....

Duck: I like natasha bedingfield..she's always coming up with catchy tunes and i like the music video even if it doesn't make sense lol..however i enjoyed other songs by her better such as "Love Like This".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #2 Results   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 am

Ok let's find out who will make the Top 19

Good luck

Dim the light and here we go.......

In first place this week with 24/30 is.....

Spoiler:

In second place with 23.5 is........

Spoiler:

Rounding out our Top 3 this round with 23/30 is.......

Spoiler:

Well have more results......

After the break!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 am

There are still Eight that await their results. Let's find out the results

I forgot someone tied for Third

Also in Third with 23/30 is.......

Spoiler:

Tied for Fifth place with 22/30 are.....

[spoiler] Brady and Merriska!!!!! [spoiler]

In a three way tie for Seventh with 21.5 are.......

Spoiler:

Which means our bottom Two is

Spoiler:

I'll have the final results.......

After the break!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:49 am

We are back with the results

One of you had 19.5 and the other had 17.5

The person........

Who is Going home.......

Is.........

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

. Thank you so much for signing up. Your song just wasn't enjoyed by the judges.good luck in future games

Next theme being posted shortly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Theme #3   Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:51 am

Congratulations Top 10!!!!!?

Your theme this round is

Songs from the 90s!!!

You have 48 hours to submit your songs!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:10 pm

You're welcome Mets, I gave your song a 10 Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks Henry, I had a feeling you would appreciate something different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:25 pm

oh yay, I've made the top 3 both rounds! Also, I SUCCESSFULLY TURNED TAYTAY INTO A CONOR FAN blah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Yeah, I kind of tried to cater to Henry last theme, because he's the only judge I "get". I also tend to hate "summery" songs, maybe because I have such a weird concept of summer. I like how in the video of the song I sent, they're wearing t-shirts and sweaters/hoodies interchangeably. They're from New Zealand - similar climate to Northern CA... very few places in the world you could do that during summer, and it made me all warm and fuzzy seeing that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:30 pm

I cater to myself only, you're such a kiss ass, especially for someone who supposedly hates people xoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:33 pm

I have sent the songs to the judges. Pretty good round I think. There were some songs I hated though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Have not looked at the songs yet, will go look now. If someone sent Smells Like Teen Spirit I will be mad and judge in a bad mood....brb Laughing

.Edit: Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:56 am

Quote :
There were some songs I hated though

I'm waiting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:57 am

Eric_The_Pelican wrote:
Quote :
There were some songs I hated though

I'm waiting!

Definitely mine lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Still waiting on Henry to score, but my guess is he's drunk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:47 pm

No, not drunk. I'll grade late tonight so people should not be expecting results today. Sorry!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Henry's idea of late is probably 9 pm <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Sounds like you know from experience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Actually Henry usually outlasts Tammy at least when we have drunken Skype orgies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Oh my
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm probably gonna grade in about an hour, which is like, what, 8pm Eastern Time..... almost bed time.

Drunken Skype orgies <3333
Back to top Go down
RTF

PostSubject: Round #3 Songs   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Merriska: You Get What you Give by New Radicals

RTF: I love this song!!! Such a powerful message. Great choice!

Henry: Ahh yes this song. I cant ever hate it because it's so catchy. Yes, I've heard it probably a thousand times, but it's a good so whatever. Fight me.

Duck: This song was so 90's lol..they were quite popular back then with this song..but it was their one hit wonder as the band faded pretty quickly..not a bad song for a pop-rock song..

soullimbo: [b] Fever for the Flava by Hot Action Cop

RTF: WTF???? Is this a seriously submission? I don't like this at all. I guess the chorus ok but the rapping is pointless and annoying.

Henry: Well that was a very weird music video lol. Never heard of this band or this song. It wasn't a terrible song. Was kinda funny. But yea that video is gonna give me nightmares

Duck: Ugh...this video gave me a headache..and it's so bizarre...the punk song was just bad too..like this song is clearly about orgasms but i just wasn't feeling it.

[b] Metsrus:
Stranded on Death Row by Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg

RTF: Ahhh The Chronic. Noted as a classic album! I've never heard this song before but I really like it. Rap is hit or miss for me, but this was really good!

Henry: Ayyyy ok. Umm yea. This is not my cup of tea when it comes to music. Like, ok, I can see how people enjoy this, and I can hear the talent of these artists. So I mean yea, at least it's not the kind of hip hop where they can't even sing. I kinda tried to listen all the way. And I did. But it was a struggle. Just personal preference.

Duck: Rap music is on and off for me..i like some rap songs from certain rappers but dr dre never clicked with me tbh...it has a nice tone but i feel like you have to live chicago or detroit to bob your head to this..

Eric_The_Pelican: What's my Age Again by Blink-182

RTF: This is really good!!!! This is the type of punk I can tolerate. Fun punk songs! Great pick!

Henry: Ahh yes, back when I was 11, 12 and thought these guys were hot and the video was hot. Obviously, had no experience so I'm lol-ing even more now. ANYWAY, This album is my favorite of them. I am not a blink superfan like SOME PEOPLE AROUND HERE, but I really like this song, and some of their stuff from this time and the early 2000s. A classic jam.

Duck: Ugh..another punk song from a band i don't particularly like lol..this song was a huge smash back then and i'd rather not remember it because it was so overdone..only people who go to mosh pits like this song..

Dana: I Want it That Way by Backstreet Boys

RTF: I'm a huge Backstreet Boys fan! This is a great song. Not my favorite but still a good pick.

Henry: Are these guys even around anymore? I know some of the N Sync people are trying hard to stay relevant but I am not sure I've heard from any of these guys in a long time lol. Tbh, Kevin was the only hot one so, there. Cute catchy song that I dont mind listening to once in a while, but I am more of a rock guy. But this is ok, very nostalgic. One of the recommended videos after this was over was No Doubt btw, so TRAGIC no one sent a song from them.

Duck: This song was actually their "comeback" song in the early 2000's i think..it was a huge hit too since they needed it after being taken down by NSYNC..one of their better pop songs imo

Cherry: Round Here by Counting Crows

RTF: I usually don't listen to Counting Crows that much, but they are a great band. I'm really liking this song. Adam's voice is amazing. You were worried we might be bored by it but I think it's just fine. Good pick!

Henry: I mean, really. So many iconic 90s songs, you had to go somewhere and find a One Hit Wonders list or something. Is this a one hit wonder? Never heard it before today lol. Countin Crows is not a band I listen to very often so maybe that's why lol. I know Mr. Jones, and another song they made after that one. Anyway, this is just ok.

Duck: I thought counting crows did a song i like but that was another band lol..it's just an okay hipster song..i mean if you want to listen to something just to relax, this song is for you but it's not a very upbeat tune either which i generally prefer..

Brady: River of Dreams by Billy Joel

RTF: My favorite Billy Joel song!!! I've liked this song ever since I was 3 years old. Great song choice!!!

Henry: I know this is one of his most popular songs but I dont hear it as often as some of the others, I think I found out it was a billy joel song long after I heard it the first time lol. It's kinda catchy! I like it.

Duck: Isn't this the song from the Lion King lol..it was such a perfect song for that movie too..the video was cheesy but the song is quite good as it mixes blues which was a popular track in the early 90's..i liked the soothing feel it gives off. (NOTE: This song was not in The Lion King. That was the circle of life by Elton John)

TomCat: Pure Morning by Placebo

RTF: I don't think I've ever heard of this band before. A friend with weed. Breasts is all the best??? WTF. Ok this song is so annoying. I mean it's like a bad nursery rhyme. Plus it feels like for the most part he's just throwing it together as he goes along. Sorry

Henry: Holy crap, have not heard this song in a long time!!!! It's so good though! Definitely had that 90s feel to it. Placebo is a band that i know about but I am not too famiiar with their stuff. But I do know this song. It's so good bruh.

Duck: Alternative Rock...i thought i was gonna like it but then hearing the lyrics..it sounds so weird..it just keeps repeating " a friend in"..it's like that's the only basis of the song lol..the sound is okay but the lyrics is something left to be desired..

Turner: Ironic by Alannis Morisette

RTF: So was the unofficial class song for my 8th grade year of school. I also really like this song. One of the better choices this round. Well done!

Henry: Classic song that is played on the radio like, all the time. It's a pretty harmless tune that I am sure everyone like a little at least. Good choice if you wanted to go for an iconic 90s song.

Duck: I actually liked this song from Alanis but her voiced bugged me a lot lol..her vocal ability just sounds whiney sometimes..i still can't get over how MadTV made fun of her Thank U video lol..

masbond: Shy Guy by Dina King

RTF: Ooh I've never heard this. I do love me some old school 90's R&B though. Everything about this is great. The best, the music, a true 90's r&b song!

Henry: I didnt recognize the song name or the artist when I saw the list of songs but once it got going, I knew what song it was. Such a catchy song that I probably have stuck in my head all night now

I really like it though! So 90s.

Duck: Someone went total R&B on this one lol..i never expected someone to pick a song like this but i kind of liked it..it's total 90's R&B too since it sounded like Monica from the old days..it's just one of those songs you can hear in New York movies =).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #3 Results   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:47 pm

This has been the most competitive round yet. So good luck to all of you

Dim the Lights and here we go......

The person in first place this week with 27/30 is........

Spoiler:

In second place with 26.5/30 just a half point separating first and second

Is.....

Spoiler:

Rounding out our Top 3 with 26/30 is.......

Spoiler:

More results coming up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)   

Back to top Go down

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Round #9 Themes posted 2/4)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next