Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Why tf did none of y'all send from Hybrid Theory? You all need to be punished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Y'all I'm legit listening to Hybrid Theory now <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Songs were sent to the judges this morning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #9 Songs    Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:55 am

Elton John

Eric: Rocket Man

RTF: A great Elton John Song! Not my favorite but still a good choice.

Henry: I mean, I've never really been into Elton John. Like, I dont think his music is bad, because it isn't. But I don't know, not really a huge fan of his. I know these songs are all classics but to me, this is just another song. A cute song. The animation on that video was cool though.

Duck: This was a good rendition of Elton John..the music video is very unique too, i liked how the cartoon captures the song perfectly lol..i prefer elton's own songs better however but it was a good take nontheless

Brady: Tiny Dancer

RTF: I like this one better then a first. Great pick from you this round!

Henry: This one I like slightly better than Rocket Man. Has a stronger hook and it's a little bit more memorable. Good choice.

Duck: Now this is one of the good original songs..every time i heard someone say tiny dancer though i think of it as an insult lol but now it's really just a song for dancers. a great throwback to oldies too..

Turner: Bennie and the Jets

RTF: I love this song. Everything about it is hot as fuck!

Henry: This is ok. Sounds very 70s, I have no idea when it came out though lol. Would I change the radio if it came on, probably. But it's not bad. Just not really much of my cup of tea

Duck: Hmm..i'm not sure if i'm a big fan of his 70's songs..although these songs were geared toward the hippie days whereas his new age songs are more for the lgbt crowd. He sounded different here too..he had more range back then too..his talent is still undeniable though..just not my cup of tea compared to others.

Mas: Your Song

RTF: This is Elton John's first big hit. Such a sweet song that I think everyone loves.

Henry: This is the Elton John song that I hear the most on the radio, when I do listen to it lol. Kinda sick of it by now but not your fault haha. It's a cute song.

Duck: Now this is one of the songs i really liked of his..although my all time favourite is still the one he did for Matthew Shepherd but this was my second favourite of his which was more mainstream popular. The lyrics are pretty great too..it's why Ellie Goulding remade this song too lol.

Songs from the 2000s

Eric: Stan by Eminem

RTF: ok I'll give it to you that Eminem is very talented and this song is ok and original. But it's creepy as fuck. I can't listen to this without feeling weird. Sorry.

Henry: tfw you're excited for a theme and then all songs sent are very wtf choices lol...I grew up with music from this decade but I should have known no one was going to risk sending rock music. OH WELL. I am not a fan of Eminem like, at all, but this is a very interesting song. I like how it's mixed with Dido's song. And the story being told is interesting. While it's not something I care for much, I can see why this is such an *iconic* 00's song.

Duck: Probably the only recognizable Eminem song that i liked...i still don't get how Shady got so big but this was the only i liked from this even if it does reminisce his personal relationship with his ex wife..creepy video though of an obssessed fan..i wonder where the heck dido went?

Brady: Teenagers by My Chemical Romance

RTF: wow. This is actually good. Punk rock isn't my favorite style of music. This however if really good! Great pick!

Henry: Eww, MCR was/is (i have no idea if they are still together) such an emo band, I wasn't really into them lol. Like, what about Good Charlotte, or Sum 41 or something like that would have been better haha. This is bad. WHY is he screaming. The music is better but it's ruined by his whiney voice. Sorry about it.

Duck: Ah punk bands..this band is popular with the emo crowd..you can just tell by the lyrics and sound too hehe..a bizarre song too..it doesn't sound half bad as it tells the story of real life teens today..i just hated his screams.

Turner: Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

RTF: such an overplayed song. I'm a pretty big Cee-Lo Green fan. He hasn't had many hits but both hits were good but overplayed. This is way too safe.

Henry: This song is everywhere, even so many years after it came out. It's cute, but after listening to it so many times, I could definitely use some time off from listening to it again. Like, at least a couple of years

Duck: Oh so this is the singer that sang this song i heard a lot back then lol..i remember liking it but couldn't figure out who sang it when i heard it on Grey's Anatomy...had no idea it was british either. It was played nearly everywhere but i'm glad it didn't bore me lol..

Mas: American Boy by Estelle fear. Kanye West

RTF: I'm not the biggest Kanye fan. I actually can't stand him. Since Estelle is in this song it helps. This is a pretty good song. Not great, but good.

Henry: I know this song. I like her parts of the song more than his, but that should not be a surprise haha. Kinda catchy tune, I like.

Duck: I have to be honest..i'm not a huge fan of Kanye..only a few of his songs are good, like Diamonds..but this one was a pretty good R&B Mix with rap as i heard this back in the day when it was big. All of his recent releases haven't been so good and he's gotten kind of whacko now..don't really know who Estelle but she must be an unknown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #9 Results    Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 am

This was the most competitive round yet. 3 of you will move one step closer to the finale!

Let's get to it dim and lights and here we go.......

The first person to make the Top 3 with a score of 49/60 is.....

Spoiler:

Congratulations!

Also moving on with 47/60 is.....

Spoiler:

Which means we're left with

Spoiler:

One of you had 46/60 and the other had 43.5/60

The last person......

To make it to the Top 3.......

Is........

Spoiler:

Which means we say goodbye to

Spoiler:

It really sucks to see you go. You've done amazing this season. Thanks for signing up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #10 Themes    Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:04 am

Ok guys this is for a spot in the finale so every submission counts

You must send in THREE SONGS.

The themes are

Songs from the 70s

Prince Songs (yes his songs are on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/prince)

Song of your choice

Make sure you send backups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 pm

And I know how much you would've wanted to send Prince Turner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Eric, Rocket Man is my favorite <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 am

Still waiting on mas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:49 pm

sorry thought had submitted. done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Sent the songs to the judges earlier today. Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #10 Songs    Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:07 pm

The 70s

Brady: Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd

RTF: I really love this song! A classic 70s song. Lynyrd skynyrd is great band and this is one of their best.

Henry: OMG you're telling me Shinedown's version is NOT the original??? I had no idea

yea that's how much I know about classic 70s songs lol. I've always liked the Shinedown cover and this doesn't really sound that much different, so I like it too. Good choice!

Duck: I've heard of this song from somewhere...but i can't think of it right now..it's got a nice message about the importance of a father and son relationship..i'm kind of surprised at how long this song is compared to the length of the lyrics thoughs.

Eric: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

RTF: oh dear. Of all the songs you send you sent probably the safest. I'm sorry but this wasn't a good choice. Great song but way too safe

Henry: Bruuuuuhhhh. I dont really like Queen, but this is the only song of them that I can actually enjoy listening to. It's just so weird, so different...but I like. I have no problems with this song, obviously, except for one....TOO SAFE!!! I don't know many songs from the 70s but I know other bands that would have been good choices. I can already imagine what you were thinking, I will send Bohemian Rhapsody because WHO DOESN'T like Bohemian Rhapsody?? That kind of laziness I don't know if it should be rewarded lol. Tl;dr: safe, but good.

Duck: lol i actually liked this song even though the music video gives me the heebie jeebies..but i remember listening to it during a dancing video and i couldn't get it out of my head..but i still prefer don't stop me now as my all time favourite queen song.

Mas: I'll be There by Jackson 5

RTF: I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan and this is a pretty good song. But it wasn't amazing.

Henry: I think I found out the Jackson 5 were a thing through an idol game here, lol. ANyway, I don't think I've heard this song all the way through, but I really it. Good strong vocals.

Duck: This was actually the most recognizable Jackson 5 song i know of..it kind of sounds like the pitch was amped up though to avoid copyright. I wasn't a fan of their fast paced songs but i really liked this one so i'm glad you chose a recognizable song for me =0.

Prince

Brady: Let's Go Crazy

RTF: One of my favorite prince songs. From start to finish pure amazingness. Killer guitar solo st the end too. Great job!

Henry: Oh man, I am glad his songs are available on youtube now. He has so many songs I like but I couldn't really find anywhere. And I sure wasn't going to pay for them. But I also don't download stuff illegally because I am a GOOD BOY. So yea. Couldn't really listen to his music, until now. I like this song, it's so catchy. Havent heard it in a long time but it's as good as I remember it.

Duck: I thought this was a song i heard from Howard the Duck but it just sounds similar..i know Prince is an icon but i wasn't the biggest fan of his music..very sad he passed though..not a bad dance song, it's got a good guitar solo towards the end.

Eric: The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

RTF: You know I haven't heard this song before. It's actually pretty good. Nice pick.

Henry: Good song. Another one I haven't heard in a long time. Very 80s. I am not sure when it came out, but it's very that.

Duck: I think i actually like let's go crazy better than this one..normally i like ballads but this one wasn't the most engaging to me..his vocals were kind of odd to me compared to his other upbeat songs..

Mas: When Doves Cry

RTF: Another prince classic. He has so many good songs and this is another one!

Henry: Can't really have a Prince round without this song, can you? I am not complaining like at all. This is a pretty flawless song!

Duck: Ah..now here's an upbeat song of his that is actually recognizable..i had no idea the video was this bizarre though but i know i heard this from some movie though..everyone always comments his flamboyant outfits and it's been evident in all of his videos lol..i always thought he was gay too..

Song of Choice

Brady: Hey Hey My My by Battieme

RTF: ooh a song from the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack. It totally fits something that wood be on the show. Very eerie and haunting. This is actually really good. I wasn't too excited when I saw the title, but it really deceived me. Great choice!!!

Henry: I don't know who this is, but I like their voice. I really like how easy to listen to this is. I suck at knowing old classic songs so if I didn't see that this was a cover, I would have never guessed lol. Anyway, I really really like this!

Duck: This guy isn't a bad singer..surprised his sub count is so low compared to the number of views this video has..my only gripe was the length of the song which is unusually short compared to the other songs however..

Eric: Don't Stop Believin by Journey

RTF: Once again, a very safe song. At final 3 I expected stellar songs and pulling out all the stops to make the final. I don't think you did. Sorry.

Henry: If this person is also the same person who sent Bohemian Rhapsody, then you kind of suck? lol I mean, how more safe can you get with these two songs. I am not hating on the songs, they are pretty good songs! But I am like, sooooo many songs from the 70s...why did no one send Fleetwood Mac, or ABBA....so dumb. And for song choice, of the BILLIONS of songs, someone sends one of the safest songs out there...meh. Basic bitches not wanted.

Duck: Ah..the first song sung by Glee..but i must say after listening to this song almost non-stop in the past, it got really old..almost to the point where i got sick of it and then i liked another journey song better..which ironically was recommended to me..that song being faithful..i don't hate it but i just grew so tired of it..

Mas: Speechless by Lady Gaga

RTF: I won't deny that despite what some people may say, Lady Gaga is very talented. This is the type of music by her I like, when she goes rock. Shows her voice really well and proves why she is the biggest pop star out there. Another great pick.

Henry: Ugh, I dont know how Duck and RTF feel about Gaga, but I really hope this wasn't sent to please me or score points with me because if so...there were so many other Gaga songs that I would have preferred over this one lol. I am not saying this is a bad song, because it isn't. But umm yea...even from this same album, there are so many other good songs!!! I even made  a ranking of my all time favorite Gaga songs in the Rankings area of the forum...*COUGH COUGH*....

Duck: Oh..too bad you ddin't choose come to mama or hello instead lol..those are the better lady gaga songs imo..but i found this to be very good too..it's sad that she's not as big as she used to be given her album sales but i'm glad she made a comeback recently with Joanne..this song was one of her better ones on fame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #10 Results    Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Brady, Eric, Mas; you have fought hard to get to this point. All three of you have been amazing! Regardless of who goes, it's gonna be heartbreaking.

The first person......

Who will move into the finale......

With a score of 80/90

Is........

Spoiler:

We are left with
Spoiler:

One of you had 78.5/90 and the other had 66.5/90

The second person.....

Who is going to the finale.....

Is.........

Spoiler:

Which means we say goodbye to

Spoiler:

You did fantastic this season and should be very proud of making it this far

Final themes posted next
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Final Themes   Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Congratulations to Brady and Mas on making final 2!!!!

This is gonna be a tough battle

Here are your themes

Musical Heroes (Send a song by your own musical hero)

Broadway musicals (Make sure you send backups)

Winning Song (A song that you think will give you the crown)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 am

I didn't actually thought of looking at that ranking, Henry. Lol.

Anyway, I always dunno what to send for song of choice. Partly send Lady Gaga cos of Henry but i think Lady Gaga was someone who I thought of while rushing to send. Speechless is one of her lesser hits that I know so that's why I chose that. Hehe.

All the best, Brady!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Just waiting on mas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Sorry been a bit busy. will send in soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Final Round Songs    Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:45 am

Musical Heroes

Brady: Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac

RTF: Fleetwood Mac is one of the great groups of the 70s. This really isn't my favorite by them but it's still a good choice

Henry: oh I love this song. I love Fleetwood Mac. One of those artists that I started to enjoy because of these idol games lol. Good choice for this theme.

Duck: I don't know why but i thought fleetwood mac was a modern band...i've heard of the name but never knew wat song they were famous for and now that i know they're a 60's band, i'm shocked that it's an oldies band..i guess it isn't a bad hipster song but of course i never found 70's music to have very addictive songs..8/10

[b] Mas:
Don't Stop me Now by Queen

RTF: ok queen is hit of miss for me. But this is nothing special. It's Better than when someone sent Bohemian Rhapsody though.

Henry: I'm starting to think people don't read other comments besides the ones for their own songs when results are posted lol. I mean. I think I even said last round Bohemian Rhapsody is the only Queen song I enjoy and everything else is meh or awful. This is on meh territory. Kind of annoying actually. I really try hard to enjoy this band, but I can't. Sorry about it.

Duck: lol..i guess somebody took my cue and picked my favourite song from this band..it's so up beeat and the music video isn't so creepy..i just remember this being my favourite song because i heard it from a so you think you can dance performance and i enjoy the vibe this song gives..

Musicals

Brady: Defying Gravity (Wicked)

RTF: I always give my sister shit for her taste in musicals. I have to admit the story and music from Wicked is really good. This song is also great! Great choice.

Henry: this is cute. I'm not too crazy about musicals. Yea, gay that doesn't like musicals, BLASPHEMY!! Lol well sorry about it. They never really interested me. But with that said this is a pretty good song.

Duck: t sounds like Lea Michele..she's got a great voice for broadway songs i felt..not for mainstream music..the song doesn't really take off until midway but i swear i've heard a song from wicked i liked better..i just can't think of it right now but i heard it on tv..i had no idea that the music was based off of the wizard of oz too hehe..

Mas: You Can't Stop the Beat (Hairspray)

RTF: Hairspray is such a fun musical. This is such a fun song too.

Henry: this one is catchy. Never watched hairspray, the movies , or know much about other songs from this musical. But this one is good. Could have gone a lot worse I think.

Duck: Now i've heard this song a million times before...i always get the creepy memory of the john travolta version singing this song lol..i like that this song is fast and upbeat but it's also very exhausting just listening to it because it moves so fast.

Winning Song

Brady: You Don't Know How It Feels by Tom Petty

RTF: Ohhhh this is what the song is called? I never knew. The beginning is really good. I've just heard the opening harmonica solo so let's see how this goes. This is actually real good! Great choice!

Henry: cute song and video but is this really what comes to your mind first when you think of winning songs? Lol ok...I guess? This is not a bad song but kind of a weird choice and so....ugh, underwhelming? for this theme. I don't know I guess I was expecting more.

Duck: That's funny...why did i think this guy was a rock musician..this sounds very country bumpkin..it's not bad for a country ballad and if you're living down louisiana or something but i can't help but think this song can put you to sleep if you listen to it twice over...

Mas: Over the Rainbow by Iz

RTF: such a sweet song, not my favorite this round. But it's such a sweet, soothing, powerful song.

Henry: just like the other song for this theme, this is cute but seems like such a bizarre choice for this theme lol. Actually, I feel like this is a little too boring? I was hoping it would go somewhere but it never really did and I found myself constantly looking at the progress bar, trying to see how much time was left before the song was over. I mean you guys made it all the way here, I was expecting much more. I am a little underwhelmed right now. Oh well..

Duck: I remember hearing this song from 50 First Dates..well they weren't kidding that it's a hawaii song..but i didn't know it was a big guy singing this osng either lol..i feel like this song like the last one can put you to sleep too but this one would put you at ease while you sleep :0.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Winner Revealed!!!   Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:50 am

Brady and Mas you've both done amazing this season. Whatever happens you should be proud

Brady: This entire season you've impressed the judges with your song choices! While not at times did you send the best, you always managed to make it through to the next round.

Mas: I've never seen anyone go from not going very far in idol games to making it all the way to the final 2. You've gotten Top score numerous times, and have done an outstanding job picking songs.

Good luck dim the lights and here we go.....

One of you had 73/90 and the other had 65/90

The winner......:

Of American Idol reborn.....

Season 1........

Is............

Spoiler:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! clap clap clap

Spoiler:

You both did awesome! Thanks to our judges on being amazing this season.

Goodnight everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:03 pm

congrats misty!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Yay

Good job Mas

FYI: I sent with my submissions that I did not know what to send for the winning song so I just sent what I was listening to at the time.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm

I didn't know what to send for winning song too lol. And oops guess i just forgot bout previous comments. Hehe.

Congrats Misty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrduckbear

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

bounce good job everyone...some interesting choices and some odd ones. glad i was able to judge the whole way through
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Congrats Misty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   

Back to top Go down

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next