Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:03 am

Just got the scores before I went to bed. I'll judge and post results tonight when I get off work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #6 Songs   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Merriska: Doo-Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill

RTF: I love old school 90s R& B. The best there is. This has that great old school feel. Now onto the song. I mean it's ok. I'm not jumping out of my chair. I still like the Old School feel.

Henry: Yea I kind of like this. Her voice is very familiar, but not sure where I heard it before. Good choice for this theme.

Duck: Oh you better believe i'm gonna give my FIRST 10 lol..i LOVED lauryn hill..until she turned whacko tobaccy lately but you still can't doubt that her album was the best R&B album ever..though i preferred X-Factor, i did love this song when it came out..the best female singer and songwriter during the late 90s...

Brady: These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding

RTF: Taking it way back. Ooh I really like this! Otis' voice is great. Great song choice!

Henry: Pretty chill song. I would love to listen to this after a hard day, seems like the perfect music to relax to.

Duck: Not a bad song..i think if you enjoy blues you'd enjoy this very much..some blues songs are good but i'm not a huge fan of jazzy type blues..i always think it's old school lol.

Eric: Pony by Ginuwine

RTF: YASSSS!!!! Such an iconic song! This is oozing 1990s R&B! Great job!

Henry: Gurl has moves, awright. That creepy yeah in the background was super distracting lol. But otherwise it was a decent song.

Duck: I didn't know he sung this song...i heard it back in the day but didn't really know who sang it. It's got a pretty catchy beat going on there..a pretty decent R&B song but i'm pretty sure ginuwine is a has been now lol.

Metsrus: Drift Away by Dobie Gray

RTF: oh dear. I mean, it's an okay song. But it's not very exciting and very boring for this them. I'm sorry.

Henry: Have heard another version of this song, I can't remember who sings it. It's a little more upbeat than this version. But this one is not bad!! I like it.

Duck: Wasn't this song remade by another singer? some other country singer re-did this song i'm sure..had no idea it was as old as the 70's though...nor was it sung by a black guy lol..it's got nice lyrics but this originaly song is totally hippie's age

Dana: Baby I Need Your Lovin' by The Four Tops

RTF: More classic R&B. Another great choice

Henry: Baby I Need Your Lovin: Pretty harmless, cute song. Not something I would probably listen to again, but it's not making my ears bleed. And trust me, that has happened plenty of times in other games

Duck: This song reminds me of something the temptations would sing..i never knew these guys but these oldies always sound familiar in some golden age movies..it's a nice upbeat song but too bad making music videos wasn't a thing back then..i think it could have been great!.

Mas: Killing me Softly (With His Song) by The Fugees

RTF: Another one I love. Truly beautiful! Great job!

Henry: Oh yass, a song that I do have in my music library lol. I mean, probably the safest of all these choices, but I'll take it. Good song right here.

Duck: Oi..when Lauryn Hill used to be in a group before she got even more famous solo...but too bad it only lasted a year after all those grammy wins and album sales...i wish she sung songs like these again

..i felt like she carried this group tbh and it's not a surprise that it ended after she left..she had so many hit songs like this one too..

Turner: Creep by TLC

RTF: I've never heard this one. Waterfalls and No Scrubs are classics. This is starting off real good. I'm really liking this. The beat, the lyrics, everything is great!

Henry: I like TLC. Some songs more than others. This one, I haven't listened to it as often as Waterfalls, but I still like it. Good job.

Duck: Ooh..another band favourite of mine..though i preferred "Unpretty' or "No Scrubs" and "Waterfall"..this song brings me back...90's R&B was so much better than today..RIP Left Eye..i loved songs like this back in the day hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #6 Results    Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:22 pm

It was another competitive round. Let's get to the resurls

In First place with 26/30 is.....

Spoiler:

Welcome back to the top!

In second place with 25.5/30 is.....

Spoiler:

In Third place with 24.5 is.....

Spoiler:

Tied for Fourth with 24/30 is.....

Spoiler:

Which means our Bottom 2 is

Spoiler:

I'll reveal the results

After the break!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Before the break I revealed

Spoiler:

We're the bottom 2

One had 23.5/30 and the other had 22/30

The person.....

Who is going home tonight......

Is.......

Spoiler:

Thank you so much for signing up! You had ups and downs in the competition, but you should still be very proud.

Next theme coming soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Theme #7   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Congratulations Top 6!!!!

You have made it to the halfway point

Your new theme is: Songs from the 80s!

You have 24 hours!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Sorry will send now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Just sent the songs to the judges

Good luck guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #7 Songs   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Dana: I'm Gonna Be(500 Miles) by The Proclaimers

RTF: Ugh I know people like this song and all but I cannot stand it! It's al levels of bad 80s music. So repetitive and annoying. Sorry

Henry: Sorry, short critiques cuz mobile. Love this one. very popular but also very good.

Duck: I've heard this song before in some oldies movie...i'm not sure if i'm very groovy about this song tbh..it's like one of those quirky songs you have to be enjoy..the twins sort of freak me out too lol..had no idea they were a scottish band either.

Eric: Take on Me by a-ha

RTF: I've heard the title before but I've never heard this song I don't think. The beginning sort of starts out like white wedding. Ooh this isn't that bad. Very catchy. Man that high note. I could only hit that if I held my scrotum in a vice grip. But great choice!

Henry: Such a classic, when you think of 80s, this is probably one of the first songs you should think of. Gj.

Duck: Here's a quirky 80's song that's kind of better than the last one i heard first..it's got a nice beat to it and i liked how it's so retro pop too lol..i'm not sure if i'd listen to it again but if played at the right movie scene, it can be really fun to listen to.

cooltu101: Faith by George Michael

RTF: RIP George Michael. Sad Anyway, great song choice.
One of my favorites and a true classic by an icon. Oh how I wish I grew up in the 80s .

Henry: lulzy video but catchy tune. Not really my favorite song of his, but it's good!

Duck: The intro was overlong but i enjoyed this song a lot..RIP George Michael..it's one of his biggest hits back in the day being an openly gay pop singer and this was one of his biggest hits..i think i preferred another song over this one but i liked the lyrics.

masbond: Conga by Miami Sound Machine

RTF: Gloria Estefan is one of my favorite female singers. The music is amazing! Love the Latin beat. Great song

Henry: yasss such a catchy song!!! I don't think I've seen this song sent before ever lol. Makes me want to dance.

Duck: Ooh..this was like a song J.Lo sampled from and made a huge hit out of lol..i'm impressed someone chose a latin inspired song cause this is the first time i heard one in any competition..you get bonus points for that

Merriska: Karma Chameleon by Culture Club

RTF: Ok it isn't annoying like 500 miles, but this song really isn't my cup of tea. Yea it's catchy but that's it. Meh.

Henry: I'll dare someone to send me an 80s song that I hate. This is another good one.

Duck: I have to be honest..i've heard of this song once before and i really didn't like it tbh..i know it's got lots of views but boy this louisiana inspired song by boy george wasn't very enjoyable to me...sorry. 6/10

Brady: Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen

RTF: I've really gotten into Bruce Springsteen lately. He is a fantastic singer, songwriter, and performer. This song is one of the greats by him. Great 80s classic.

Henry: Iconic. Best song of the round.I really hope you don't go lower than top 3 or i am legit quitting the panel lol.

Duck: The only soft rock song in the group..i'm not a huge bruce springsteen fan but i thought this one was alright..i had no idea he had those moves back in the day lol..but then again, i only heard of him when he was much older but this liberal's got moves lol!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:33 pm

We are just a few rounds away from the Finale and now is the time to step up

The person in first place with 28/30 is.....

Spoiler:

In Second Place with 27/30 is......

Spoiler:

Rounding out the Top 3 with 26/30 is......

Spoiler:

Which means our bottom 3 is

Spoiler:

I'm going to make it easier for one of you and send someone back to Safety.

That person.....

Who had 24.5/30......

Is....,

Spoiler:

We'll find who goes home.....

After the break!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Welcome back to the results. It's between

Spoiler:

One had 21/30 and the other had 20/:9

The person......

Who is going home.......

Is........

Spoiler:

Merriska thank you so much for signing up! You've done amazing this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Theme #8   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Congrats Top 5!!!!!

This round you will send in two songs

The themes are:

Linkin Park Songs (In the End is BANNED)

And

Country (Song must be released from 1990 to today and Johnny Cash is banned)

You have 24 hours

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:56 pm

I just got Linkin Park tickets yesterday. Damn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Woohoo! This must be a record for me getting so many 1sts. Now watch for me to get elim next lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Woah. I just saw the news bout Linkin Park's lead singer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Should've just gone with something completely obvious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:53 am

Just sent to the judges

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:37 am

I had to find a guest judge. Henry is on vacation so Cherry Will be judging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 am

Crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 am

I'm not happy about it either! I have to listen to country songs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Finished, just wanted that to be known if TayTay takes forever to post results. I'm gonna do my game now, for you patient people, I had to get the country out of the way first blah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #8 Songs   Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Linkin Park

Eric: Numb

RTF: I've never heard this before. I love the opening it's the true Linkin Park song. This is one of their most popular songs and I can see why. This is a really good song. Early Linkin Park was the best. After What I've Done they didn't have any other good songs. Great pick to start off the round!

Cherry: Guys, this album came out when I was in high school. Linkin Park always pretty much seemed like a band for teenagers, and this was definitely one of the songs I listened to when I was a teenager. This is probably my favorite song by them, so glad someone sent it.  

Duck: I see this is a linkin park round in honour of chester benningfield...but i'm not going to be bias to give high scores on all of these songs because of the passing...although this song is one of their top rated songs..but it wasn't one of the few songs i liked from them..but it is better than the other ones i see so far.

Brady: New Divide

RTF: Ok another Linkin Park song I've never heard. This is more recent, being released in the last few years. It's a nice throwback to old Linkin Park. My only problem is it sounds too much like What I've done. Still a pretty good choice.

Cherry: This is okay, but haven't heard it before, so it has no nostalgic factor. It's not giving me enough reason to like this. I just realized that my constantly inserting lines from songs into the comments to make fun of them is pretty much like dad jokes. I think I got it from Tammy though, so makes sense. Anyway, I wish you had all just sent songs off their first two albums, I'd be more likely to know and like them by default from memories of teen angst.

Duck: This isn't a bad song..i hated the movie that this song was played in but the music video and lyrics really made this song quite special. i don't mind soft rock which is why this band was tolerable for me for the most part.

Turner: Burn it Down

RTF: I can tell this is where Linkin Park went south. Let's listen and see what it sounds like. Yea I'm not feeling this. I mean I guess it's okay. But compared to the first two this this isn't very good.

Cherry: What the hell is this? It doesn't even sound like them, I came here for the emo nu metal, and you have failed me. This is a different sound and I don't care for it as much, sorry.

Duck: Now this is the one that i liked the most from them..i know it's typical radio pop sounding but it's one of the songs that i liked from them as i remember listening to it a lot back then..

Dana: A Light That Never Comes

RTF: Note to all Metal groups! Stay metal. Definately not a good choice. Sorry.

Cherry: Wtf is this EDM shit? People dance to Linkin Park? I am not comfortable with this. Lmao I'm sorry, not feeling this at all, I'm actually really confused why no none of you sent from Hybrid Theory. I know you weren't expecting me to be judge, but I think Henry would have preferred it too.

Duck: I have to admit, it has a nice beat..but the rapping is kind of a turn off..the electronic and rap is a good mix but i think it's one of linkin park's "rare" songs that don't sound like the others they've put out.

Mas: Somewhere I Belong

RTF: Another song I've never heard. I really like this. Chester always put great emotion In his lyrics, and this is an example of that.

Cherry: Much better, this is back to what I was expecting to listen to this round. It's taking me somewhere I belong, y'all.

Duck: Now this is one of the songs that i did not like very much..it's heading towards hard rock territory and that's a genre i'm not a huge fan of..i'm actually surprised it's one of their hit songs tbh..the rapping wasn't very good either.

Country

Eric: Boys Round Here by Blake Shelton

RTF: I'm surprised someone actually sent this in! I'm glad you did because I love this song. Don't get me wrong it's not serious at all, but country is also about having fun. This is one of those songs!

Cherry: Lmao is he singing about chewing a pack of spit? This is such a stupid song, like it references trucks, chewing, good old boys, girls, God...it hits all the checkboxes for what people who don't listen to country think country music is all about, this could be a fucking parody, but I think it's serious?

Duck: Ugh..i hate Blake Shelton lol..other than that song he did for Angry Birds but this blue grass song isn't my type of country taste..it's too bumpkin for me.

Brady: Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw

RTF: Tim McGraw used to be one of my favorite country singers. But lately he hasn't been putting out good stuff like he used to. I mean this song has a good message and all but that's about it. Boring.

Cherry: This is...nice? I'm trying. I typed 5 bitchy things and deleted them all. This is just so cheesy, but it's positive and no one is spitting tobacco.

Duck: Now here's a singer i don't mind..his songs veer toward mainstream country singing rather than sticking to old school blue grass..this was one of his more slower country songs though..i actually liked the message that this song gives off too..one of the better country singers out there.

Turner: Man! I Feel Like a Woman by Shania Twain

RTF: Can't go wrong with Shania. One of my favorite female country artists and a great song by her too. You've redeemed yourself with this pick!

Cherry: At least I know Shania. I've always found this song really annoying, and it will definitely get stuck in my head all week, but...compared to everything else, this is great, haha

Duck: Whatever happened to Shania lol..she used to be a massive canadian country queen but she faded for a long time now..this was one of the songs that made her a star too..not the best she's put out but it was at the time, mainstream country pop which she made popular.

Dana: Bad Example by Pistol Annies

RTF: Wow! I really like this. The harmonies and everything really make this song. Good choice!

Cherry: Lol. I'm sorry, I can't. The music is cute and upbeat. The lyrics are lulztastic, but...I don't think they are meant to be. 5

Duck: I honestly never heard of this band before but i have to say, this backyard country song wasn't my cup of tea..it sounded like one of those people at some bbq singing in a trailer park or something lol..i don't think the lyrics are very engaging either..it's very simplistic country. I'm sure Miranda Lambert was happy she ditched this group and went solo

Mas: When You Say Nothing at All by Alison Krauss

RTF: ok this is a great love song and all, but not the best this round. I'm sorry but this is just meh for me.

Cherry: I had to google this video, because RTF is drunk and sent me the wrong link <3 Anyway, this is okay, I've heard this one before. I mean I kinda like it compared to the rest of the round, so good job.

Duck: I've heard of her before but didn't know any of her songs..another slower country song which doesn't sound very country except for her voice..i think you could have chose a better country song than this though as i think only people who are like 50+ would appreciate more of..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #8 Results   Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 pm

It started with 12 people and we are now down to 5 and we're getting closer to the finale.

Let's get to the results

Tied for First with 46/60 is......

Spoiler:

In third place with 44.5/60 is

Spoiler:

Which means our Bottom 2 is

Spoiler:

Let's get to it right now

One of you had. 41/60 and the other had 38/60

The person......

Who is going home......

Is......

Spoiler:

Sad

You truly did amazing job this season! Thanks you playing

Themes coming shortly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RTF

PostSubject: Round #9 Themes   Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Congratulations Final 4!!!!!

Your next two themes are:

Elton John Songs

And

Songs from the 2000s (2000-2009)

Please send backups

Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:03 am

Yes holy shet, y'all be glad I didn't judge. I'm pissed that no songs from Hybrid Theory were sent WTF. Linkin Park really did go downhill after Meteora. A few songs from Minutes to Midnight were decent too. I do like Burn It Down (sue me) but I like to pretend it's from like, a Chester side project or something and not really Linkin Park Laughing
But at least someone sent Somewhere I Belong, my favorite song of theirs. GJ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)   

Back to top Go down

Taylor's American Idol Reborn (Winner Revealed!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next