HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:14 pm

I dunno if her claims were true or not, but several people who played in Borneo have made subtle (and in the case of Hatch not so subtle) references about the producers feeding certain people in the first season more generously than others to keep them stronger and Kelly Wigles trading food for sex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm cutting Randy Bailey 2.0. Compared to 1.0, he didn't have much of a presence this time although I like he still came out grumpy with burning his buff lol.

I'm nominating Jonathan Libby next.

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 3.0, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Jonathan Libby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:20 am

JBBBBB WHERE YOU @?! I wonder if someone might want to team up with JB and pick for him when he's unable to?

And tbh I'm not sure how the first season could have gone. With any type of game show, there are people hired that monitor the validity and fairness of the game because of a bunch of legal reasons. In the case of reality competition shows, everyone signs on saying the producers can do whatever they want, but there are still legalities behind keeping a competition for money fair. But back in the very first season, who knows. I could see some shadiness happening because there was no precedent and it must have felt so SMALL and ultimately unimportant out there at the time. Of course by season 2 they knew what a juggernaut it would be so they were probably more careful (thus people's hair literally falling out in Australia) And it would never fly today of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 am

I will see if I can get someone to either pair up with JB or officially replace him.

And yeah, the first season claims is a bit iffy. i think something happen but not sure to what extend. i think like what Swinners said, they were prob more careful from season 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:41 pm

JB has again skipped his turn. So it's Swinner's turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 3.0, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Jonathan Libby

I'll cut Ozzy 3.0 for almost winning. This was my second least favorite Ozzy.

I will be nominating my least favorite Ozzy. Ozzy 2.0

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Jonathan Libby, Ozzy Lust 2.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm

I'll cut Ozzy 2.0 cuz that's when he started to annoy me lol

Has Lisi been nominated yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:08 pm

no she hasn't been.

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Jonathan Libby, Lisi Linares

I'll cut Jonathan Libby I guess. He was pointless and I nominated like half of this pool so that's about all I can do haha

I will nominate Dawn Meehan 2.0 because she basically let Cochran win O_____O

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Lisi Linares, Dawn Meehan 2.0

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:23 pm

rofl the only thing I remember about Caramoan besides how awful it was is Eddie's dog bar and Dawn's teeth Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:38 pm

People, refer to the spreadsheet and you will know who is left to be cut lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Anyway, I'm going to cut Lisi. Even though she is quite a lolworthy character. I will always appreciate "tighties whities" from her though.

I will nominate Jed Hildebrand next.

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Dawn ruthlessly taking out Brenda and consequently tanking her own game to give the win to Cochran Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:44 am

That's something I've never quite understood - why was her backstabbing Brenda so "ruthless" and awful? People give her a lot of crap for it on a personal level. I think it's well deserved on a game level because you're right, it was an awful move that handed Cochran the win. But people make her out to be the devil incarnate when she just voted out someone she thought was a threat to win? I get Brenda and her were tight but... it's final six? It's for a million bucks! Why do people vilify her so much?

I also have never rewatched Caramoan so my memory might be fuzzy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:46 am

Also I considered Idoling Lisi because I found her so awful she was hilarious in her season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:58 am

Swinners wrote:
That's something I've never quite understood - why was her backstabbing Brenda so "ruthless" and awful? People give her a lot of crap for it on a personal level. I think it's well deserved on a game level because you're right, it was an awful move that handed Cochran the win. But people make her out to be the devil incarnate when she just voted out someone she thought was a threat to win? I get Brenda and her were tight but... it's final six? It's for a million bucks! Why do people vilify her so much?

I also have never rewatched Caramoan so my memory might be fuzzy

I always feel most of the mom figures always are either blasted for doing strategic things or not doing anything. Although watching the season, my vote would have been to Cochran anyway, I guess.

And Lisi exited at the right time and being the minority so she becomes hilariously awful. If she had been in the majority, she would have just been awful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:16 pm

JB has skipped again (this is getting a bit irritating cos it sucks to do it with just 4). It's Swinner's turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Did you have any success finding a replacement?

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Tina Wesson 1.0, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand

I'm cutting Tina 1.0 just because I want to free up the board a bit and Jack REALLY hates her so why not.

I'm nominating Fairplay 2.0

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Jean Robert Bellande, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand, Johnny Fairplay 2.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm

not really, most people who i reached out before prob has not watched enough seasons or not wanting to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:40 pm

I'll cut Jean Robert cuz he was pretty obnoxious at times.

I'm nominating Joel Anderson for being a bit of a bully on Micronesia (though I did read in an interview he regrets how he acted, it still happened)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand, Johnny Fairplay 2.0, Joel Anderson

I'll cut Fairplay 2.0 I guess. I wish that didn't happen cause he would've been so much better on a season where he didn't have to quit because of his face being messed up or whatever. He would've been so great on HvV.

I'll nominate Woo 1.0

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand, Joel Anderson, Woo Hwang 1.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:11 pm

I realised 3 of the pool are mine so I can only cut the other 7. I don't really have anyone that stands out and I like the remaining in various ways. In the end, I decided to cut Joel Anderson.

I have to say, he really comes off a little bad and a little dumb in the episodes. That "rivalry" with Chet and the manipulation of apparently Tracy and Cirie to him was what we remember most from him. He seems quite nice off-the-show though. But yeah, I'm cutting him out.

I'm gonna nominate Lindsey Ogle from Cagayan.

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand, Woo Hwang 1.0, Lindsey Ogle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm guessing JB won't be here, and I'll be busy tonight so I'll post mine now and if by this evening his turn is skipped, you can use mine.

Ooooh Lindsey is a great nomination. I'm cutting her for not only quitting but also in her CBS bio which I just checked she's asked for three words to describe her and lists FOUR?!?! I don't get you.

I'm nominating our first nominee from Gabon - Ace Gordon.

Morgan McDevitt, Semhar Tadesse, Taj Johnson-George, Julia Sokolowski, Tina Wesson 3.0, Ozzy Lusth 1.0, Dawn Meehan 2.0, Jed Hildebrand, Woo Hwang 1.0, Ace Gordon

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Lindsey was such a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:45 pm

So should I post mine too now or wait?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 pm

In like 20 minutes it'll be 24 hours so you can go then I think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next