HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
masbond84

PostSubject: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:43 pm

We will now have our own forum's Survivor Rankdown game. I have modified some things from the Reddit rules for our own version.

How to play:

1) At the start of this game, each person will get to nominate 2 players to be placed in the pool of nominations. Take note, each iteration of a player is considered separately in this rankdown. So for example, Cirie and Ozzy will appear 4 times in this rankdown.

2) From the pool of nominations, you will cut someone that you have not nominated and write a brief writeup on why you want to cut the person. There is no real critieria on why a person is cut and I will leave it up to you.

3) Once you have cut someone, you will then nominate another person to be put up in the pool and the next person's turn will start.

4) Each ranker has 24 hours to cut and nominate someone or their turn will be skipped. Of course, to make this speed up, it will be better if we try to do it much earlier than the 24 hours.

5) Once we are down to the final 15, there won't be anymore individual cuts. Instead, each ranker will be asked to rank the remaining players left and based on the consensus, I will reveal the final placements.

6) Each ranker is given 3 idols and you have 12 hours from when the person is cut to use it on. Once the idol is used, that person cannot be renominated by the person who nominates that player before as well as the person who cut it. A 3rd ranker may however nominate that player again. There is no expiration for using the idol until we reach the endgame. If a player is saved by the idol, the ranker doesn't need to choose a new person. Their turn is deemed over and the next ranker will make the next cut.

7) Whenever you are posting for your turn, please copy and paste the people left in the nomination pool as well as the person you are nominating. There will always be 10 people in the pool.

Cool  This is a spreadsheet which I copied from Reddit to track our rankdown. Included is also a list of players for each season for you to refer to

9) Using Random.org, here is the order for the rankdown: Merriska, Jack, Mas, JB, Swinners.

Merriska will nominate 2 players now. Just take note, for all returning players, can you say which version you are nominating them. E.g. I vote for Ozzy 4.0. That will be mean that I'm voting for Ozzy in Game Changers. So just put the numbers, "1.0", "2.0", "3.0" or "4.0" whenever applicable. Thanks.

If you have any questions, do feel free to ask also. Thanks.

P.S.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:15 pm

If Merriska doesn't post 24 hours from my post, her turn is skipped and Jack has 24 hours to post. Anyway, I'm going to monitor how often you all are online. Cos if you all are not online at least once every day, this is gonna drag too long and I might just scrap it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Ok, it's Jack's turn. Please nominate 2 people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Oh shit, the one night I go somewhere and this starts Laughing

Question, I forget, is the pool we're picking from every Survivor player?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Yup, in my spreadsheet i have listed all players for every season. Anyway since you are here, i will allow you to just pick and then Jack can pick. But for cuts, the 24 hour rule will be enforced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:10 pm

do I have to wait for Merriska?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 pm

You can go first since she's not here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 am

I nominate Sierra Reed and SIERRA DAWN THOMAS 1.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Question - if someone is idoled they can't be put up again by the nominator or the person who cut them. What happens if they get two idols on them and no one is eligible to cut them? Are they automatically in top 15?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Swinners wrote:
Question - if someone is idoled they can't be put up again by the nominator or the person who cut them. What happens if they get two idols on them and no one is eligible to cut them? Are they automatically in top 15?

ok, i didn't make it clear. say i nominate someone and you cut them. then jack played the idol. so me and you cannot renominate the player. if merriska renominate that player, me and you can still cut that person. just cannot renominate but can cut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Since Merriska has not posted, I will post next.

I nominate Ben Browning and Shannon Elkins.

Please copy and paste the nomination pool:

Sierra Reed, Sierra Dawn Thomas 1.0, Ben Browning, Shannon Elkins

It's JB's turn next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Oh, I thought I had just lost my turn and it was going to go to you then JB. I'm so great at this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:29 pm

lol, i just want to speed up the noms round. if you are here, you can do it, merriska
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:00 pm

I guess I'll put up Dan Foley and Will Simms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Sierra Reed, Sierra Dawn Thomas 1.0, Ben Browning, Shannon Elkins, Dan Foley, Will Sims

To speed things up, either JB or Swinners can post the next nominations. Hopefully, we can move this faster since there are so many rounds. Hopefully can wrap up before Survivor premieres lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Ok, i have seen JB on his last seen since I have posted this and I send him a PM earlier but he has still not posted on here. I don't know whether he still want to do this or not. I don't intend to do this if people are gonna drag out for too long. Swinners have told me to email him if he doesn't come online and it is his turn. So it's either I'm gonna do this with 4 people (even though it seems too little a people), find someone to replace JB or scrap this. What do you think, Jack and Merriska?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:22 pm

You could try to find someone to replace if it doesn't seem like he's going to be playing. Could this be done with 4?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Merriska wrote:
You could try to find someone to replace if it doesn't seem like he's going to be playing. Could this be done with 4?

i guess it's possible, just that supposedly more people the better since the consensus is more. but if you all want, possible to still proceed i guess. not sure who else wants since those i msg before either never reply me or they never watched all season so they declined
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Sorry, I'm at work so I can't be too active on my phone. I nominate Brandon Quinton Africa and Lex Van den Berghe ALl Stars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Jb, is it possible for you to check at least twice per day? that would help me to know if i can keep this moving instead of having to wait too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:36 pm

I can check more than that, especially with BB starting, I'll be on more frequently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Sierra Reed, Sierra Dawn Thomas 1.0, Ben Browning, Shannon Elkins, Dan Foley, Will Sims, Brandon Quinton, Lex van den Berghe 2.0

I've also updated the google links so you can refer to that while we are doing our rankdown. Just waiting for Swinners to post the noms. Once he does, Merriska please make your cut. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:27 pm

I nominate Rodney Lavoie and Kyle Jason. (I was gonna nominate Dan and Will but Merriska beat me to it lolz)

Sierra Reed, Sierra Dawn Thomas 1.0, Ben Browning, Shannon Elkins, Dan Foley, Will Sims, Brandon Quinton, Lex van den Berghe 2.0, Rodney Lavoie, Kyle Jason
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Ok we have our 10 nominees in the pool:

Sierra Reed, Sierra Dawn Thomas 1.0, Ben Browning, Shannon Elkins, Dan Foley, Will Sims II, Brandon Quinton, Lex van den Berghe 2.0, Rodney Lavoie, Jr.,  Kyle Jason

Merriska, please make your 1st cut and a brief explanation why you are cutting them. And then please nominate a new person and add into the list above.

Once she has done that, it will be Jack's turn. The next person needs cut within 24 hours or their turn will be passed to the next player. For idol, it must be 12 hours. Even if the next player has posted their cut, other players can still play the idol for the previous player as long it is within the 12 hours.

You can refer to the Google spreadsheet also to keep track who has been nominated and cut and to see which players are available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:04 pm

So just to be clear, we can't cut someone we nominated right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)   

Back to top Go down

Survivor Rankdown (Official Thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next