Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
masbond84

PostSubject: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Would anybody be interested to sign up if I reboot the Pool game again? Basically, each person will pick a team of castaways to get points throughout the season. There will be also a weekly quiz from Episode 2 onwards where you can gain points. If there are enough people interested, I will post the rules and scoring and update it every week after I've watched the show.

Last edited by masbond84 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Yes. xo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:49 am

I'd love to play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 am

I would've won BvW if it wasn't for MERRISKA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:56 am

if i can get at least 9 other people who wants me to do it, then i will. if not, too much effort. hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:04 am

I'll play!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
switza

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:18 am

I'll play.

If you get less than 9, I'd be willing to help you score things so it isn't too much effort. I'm already involved in 2 other similar games elsewhere so I likely am already keeping track of the scoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:22 am

thanks adam. i noticed most have a simpler just by winning immunity or just by placement. mine usually contains lots more things so i do think if i should make it simpler lol. but thanks anyway for agreeing to help. let's see how the response goes. i know most people who signed up last time only half do the quizzes and unsurprisingly, they end up at the top half even if they lose people cos the quizzes made the difference. instead of a pm, i will prob do a google form or something so it's easier to score and keep track this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:18 pm

If it seems no one else wants to join the pool game, I might suggest a survivor draft game between the 5 of us if you all want instead with much easier points to count with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 am

Have you posted the invite anywhere else (reddit, imdb survivor board, etc)? Could be a way to get some new people around here if they want to be involved in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 am

I thought of just doing for the folks here actually. But guess people are not interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:56 am

Post it on the Games Board on IMDb. Some people there are probably still not used to coming here to this forum often yet. If they see it there, they will come here and sign up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
RTF

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I'll do it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tom_delonge_ava

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:58 pm

If this doesn't require much effort, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:10 pm

You just need to pick a team and do a short quiz every week if you want. Minimal effort
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 pm

I'll play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bria

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:54 pm

I'll join if you still need someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Yay. I hope to get at least 1 more. Anyway, still have some time for ppl to sign up. I will post the points system in a few days. Thanks, peeps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:44 pm

How does this work? Pick a team - sort of a draft, and last one with a player still standing wins? Not sure how the point system works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 pm

no, it doesn't work as a draft. basically, each person will pick a team of 5 with 1 of them being a leader. the leader will double the points each week they are in, the other 4 get normal points. each person will also choose a clunker - somebody they think will leave early. After i receive everyone's choices, each person will receive someone's clunker, which is assigned randomly and not someone that is already on their team. the clunker will also get double points, just like your leader. so like me who choose kass when i did cagayan, somebody benefited from that since she made to the final episode.

the points will be things that happen in the show. some are positive and some are negative. i will explain in more detail soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:49 pm

I kind of get it, but still don't understand completely. But whatever - understanding stuff is overrated and just gets in the way. I'll play!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 am

OFFICIAL POST FOR SURVIVOR: GAME CHANGERS POOL GAME...

How to play:

1) You will select a team of 5 castaways from the season, with one of them being the leader. The leader will get double the points each week they are in while the other 4 members will get normal points.

2) You will also choose a clunker, someone who you think will not get far in the game. The clunker you choose will be assigned randomly to someone else who doesn't have that castaway in their team. The clunker will be the 6th member of each team and will also score double points every week they are in.

3 ) Every week starting from Ep 2, there will be a weekly quiz of 100 points which will also give you bonus points aside from the points your members give you. This quiz is optional but highly encouraged if you wanna stay on the top tier of the table each week.

4) Below are the actions and the number of points allocated to each of them.

Positives
Confessionals: 2 points each
Voting confessional shown/heard: 2 points each
Title of episode: 5 points 
Win immunity challenge: 20 points 
Win reward challenge: 10 points 
Found immunity idol: 10 points 
Found/Given hidden advantage: 10 points
Recieved an immunity clue: 5 points 
Part of majority during tribal voting: 5 points 
Positive praise by fellow castaways during episode: 3 points 
Part of a blindside: 3 points 
Selected for reward : 5 points
Used idol correctly: 10 points
Wins fire-making challenge: 5 points
Reached the jury: 5 points
Reached the Finals: 10 points
Winner: 20 points
Votes to win: 3 points each

Negatives: 
Vote received during tribal council: -2 points per vote 
Voted out of Tribal Council: -10 points 
Part of minority during tribal voting: -5 points 
Negative criticism by fellow castaways during episode: -5 points 
Blindsided: -5 points 
Medically evacuated: -5 points 
Got rocked out: -5 points
Quit: -50 points 
Did not participate in challenge: -5 points
used idol when no votes are cast against them: -3 points
Voted out with an idol: -10 points
Did badly in challenges: -3 points

I might add some more actions for certain episodes if I find there's a need to. If you think there are some other actions that deserve positive and negative points, do sound out here too.

Anyway, I need you all to submit your members through this link so that it's easier for me to access the info.

https://goo.gl/forms/mkoSebxu8RPqK3d12

I will allow you to edit even after you have submitted the form. All teams must be in by Sunday, 5 Mar, 8 PM EST.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:34 am

Hopefully nobody who plays has seen spoilers.

Couple scoring questions:

Is praise/criticism a once per episode score? If 5 people criticize someone in an episode, do they lose 25 points?

How does majority/minority voting work? If the vote is 4-3-3 because of a vote split, there isn't a technical majority.

What about idol plays? If JT plays an idol for Tai and Tai gets 0 votes, does Tai lose points, JT lose points or neither? And does "used idol correctly" only count if you would have enough votes to be eliminated but used the idol to save yourself? If you play the idol but only get 1 or 2 votes, would it still score points?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:54 pm

I submitted <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:20 pm

switza wrote:
Hopefully nobody who plays has seen spoilers.

Couple scoring questions:

Is praise/criticism a once per episode score? If 5 people criticize someone in an episode, do they lose 25 points?

How does majority/minority voting work? If the vote is 4-3-3 because of a vote split, there isn't a technical majority.

What about idol plays? If JT plays an idol for Tai and Tai gets 0 votes, does Tai lose points, JT lose points or neither? And does "used idol correctly" only count if you would have enough votes to be eliminated but used the idol to save yourself? If you play the idol but only get 1 or 2 votes, would it still score points?

Scoring and criticism is only once per episode. Doesn't matter how many times it's mentioned.

Majority and minority is when there's a clear split. Like 4-3.  Or 4-1-1. If 4-3-3, not considered.

I count idol play in TC according to who took out the idol. If JT plays for Tai and no votes cast, JT lose the points. If JT found the idol but pass it to Tai prior to TC and Tai plays it incorrectly, Tai loses the points.

Used idols correctly counts when you have enough votes to be eliminated but doesn't cos of the idol. If you have 1 or 2 votes, no points will be added or subtracted.

And about doing badly in challenges, it needs to be mentioned either by Probst or the castaways then it's counted. If Probst says it earlier in the challenge but it's a come from behind victory, then it's not counted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)   

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Game Changers Pool Game (Ep 3 Quiz Link Posted)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next