Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

There is far too much violence in the world today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiend1933

PostSubject: There is far too much violence in the world today   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Attacks every week in Europe, shootings in America. Its getting to be too much. I would like to discuss what I believe the reason for this.

I knows its easy to blame Religion and Guns for violence but the real culprit is propaganda and the 24 hour new cycle. Most of the terrorists that strike in Europe were born in those countries, far from any of the plights and horrors that are occurring in the Middle East. They shouldn't be gravitating towards an extremist ideology...so why do people gravitate there? ISIS and AQ before them, uses the internet to turn people. They make intense propaganda that demonizes people and enough of this can easily make a seemingly normal individual see people on the other ideological side as "INHUMAN" an thus making their actions justifiable.

This happens in America as well. However; its not some deep website designed specifically for hate, its on the 24 hour news cycle daily. News sites regardless of their political affiliation routinely demonize the other party all day every day. The average person is very malleable and easily influenced. Take this kook from Illinois James Hodgkinson. His facebook page was all about killing Trump and hating the Republican party. This guy probably came home from work every day, popped on the news and get fired up by the message. This happens on both sides btw I am not trying to make this political.

Because of the 24 hour news cycle and social media, we as a society no longer see certain people as being human. They have now become the enemy, and everything the enemy does is wrong. This is the problem with technology, nobody has interpersonal relationships with people with different ideology anymore.

I remember being able to have civil conversations all throughout my educational years in classes. You could discuss your political views and then listen to others with different views and not get into fights. Nowadays we have school censoring kids apparel in the year book and a general sense of distaste for certain ideologies.

People have to remember that regardless of the political views someone has, they are a person just like you...that has to get up in the morning, eat and go make a living. I believe this has become lost on society anymore due to the political demonization of both political ideologies, the news and social media.

If you dislike the policies of Donald Trump, thats fine, I disliked the policies of Barak Obama, but its not okay to post pictures of a severed head resembling him like Kathy Griffen did. People need to realize that in four years you can vote for another candidate if you don't approve of the job the current President is doing. Nobody is single handedly ruining the world or the country. I think its a general idea to remember this. How people can be driven to shoot people they have never met or stab or drive vehicles to maul and kill is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: There is far too much violence in the world today   Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:59 am

Further elaborating on my post, about media enemies and perceived threats I must point out that, the same thing is happening to the Russian Federation.

Mainstream news cycles make them the enemy, claim they had a part in the 2016 election and say Putin is an autocrat and dictator.

This could not be further from wrong and using Cold War fears to establish an ideological policy. Vladimir Putin was thrust into office by then aging Boris Yeltsin in 2000, Russia was on the blink of collapse following the failed policies of glasnost and perestroika(which were policies aimed to dissolve the Soviet Union and westernize Russia). The average Russian citizen was poor and in dissaray...the average income being 700 Rubles...go google how poor that was. Putin came in and the income rose to 27 thousand rubles via his policies.

Russia spends 40 billion on defense every year...the USA is up to 600 billion.  Russia has 140 million citizens across the largest country on the planet, the USA has 340 million citizens with many estimates putting the county at 400 million with illegal residents.

I ask you to consider these stats and wonder who the real enemy is? Is it truly Russia? With less than half the population and 1/10 of the defense budget? Most likely it is not, however; the news media will skew coverage to demonize this country, and most of anyone reading this post probably has a negative view of Russia because of it. Its called "creating an enemy" and the media does this very well.

I encourage everyone to watch "The Putin Interviews" currently airing on Showtime if they, its an eye opening look at how another country can have a very different view of the world than the western led USA.

The simple fact is, slant in the news contributes to every day perceptions. The news, and social media need to be rejected because of agenda. People need to stop being triggered by an agenda which is derived by the rich to achieve certain goals. Education must be paramount. Getting on social media and lashing out at people isnt the solution nor is listening to lop sided news cycles. Its time to get educated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

There is far too much violence in the world today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1