Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:34 pm

I know this is pretty random advice but I thought I'd share it anyways. A few years ago I got a letter about a class action suit against the gym that I attended. It had something to do with the gym calling or giving out numbers without consent. I signed up like I do for every class action suit I get. Well today a check game in the mail for $166.11, so I guess the suit won and I got what amounts to some free spending money WOOHOO!!!!!

I remember winning one last year against Sony because the ps3 didn't come through with its Linux promises at launch but they wanted a receipt and I had purchased it via cash and the receipt was long gone so I couldn't collect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm

I thought this was going to be sarcastic and that it was an obvious scam lmao, nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Haha no scam, I was just excited because I had completely forgotten I signed up to join this and got a check in the mail when I got home today as a complete suprise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Once for some HP printer. I don't think I ever received anything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:04 pm

I got an email about a class suit and I thought it was from people who wanted to cut me so I ignored it. Never heard from them again. Too many scams and schemes out there for me to trust anybody I don't know with personal info. Glad it worked out for you though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 pm

I do them sometimes. Got a few 10.00 or less checks from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
I got an email about a class suit and I thought it was from people who wanted to cut me so I ignored it. Never heard from them again. Too many scams and schemes out there for me to trust anybody I don't know with personal info. Glad it worked out for you though.

You can check and see if the lawsuit is valid whenever you get asked to join one. They always come with a case number and its easy to look up online(court cases are a matter of public record and viewable as soon as they are filed). Also all the information you ever need to give is your name and address it's not like they ask for your ssn or drivers license number.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deeson

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Definitely good advice. I just received a check a few weeks ago from a class action suit against my car insurance company. It was only $27.75 but hey, it was free money so I took it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!   

Back to top Go down

Always join Class Action Lawsuits if you get an email or a letter!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1