View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Waiting on CHERRY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:41 pm

haha I got everything right here, calm down kids.

Round One Results: Texas

White Cheddar Merriska
Cheyenne Kimball - Four Walls
https://youtu.be/Y84g5zva5lc
Cherry: So I assume everyone is capable of reading and comprehending the theme, so we’re on the honor system, guys. I didn’t google any birthplaces, and I’m sure Javi is too lazy to as well, haha. This isn’t as bad as I thought it would be when I clicked the link and saw her picture, but it is also not something I really am enjoying. I assume you either pick songs you like regardless of how we will feel, or else you are secretly passive aggressive and are like HAVE FUN LISTENING TO THIS CHICK XOXO. Either way, <3 (the heart is for you, not for the song Razz)
Javi: Idk why Cherry picked this theme since I hate almost every artist from Texas. This was kinda boring and sounds like something from Radio Disney. It wasn't the worst of the round though.

British Imitation Neil
Roy Orbison - You Got It
https://youtu.be/0zDjnDAwmig
Cherry: Lol the first song was a country-ish girl, so someone classic will always be a refreshing choice after. I haven’t heard this song in a really long time, it’s nice, with a catchy memorable chorus. Also lol apparently it was in a movie recently because I see all these teenagers in the comments I’M HERE BECAUSE OF NERVE. I never understand that lol, like, even if I did discover a song from a movie, I wouldn’t just ADMIT that to the entire world on youtube. Maybe I’m just a snob, but also, I think kids today are weirdos. Anyway, Roy Orbison <3
Javi: I surprisingly didn't hate this. The chorus is kind of catchy it got stuck in my head. This is why I like judging idol games because it shows me good music I've never heard before.

Twisted Puffs Jimmy
Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3VTKvdAuIY
Cherry: Oh Jimmy haha. It always amuses me that you just shamelessly love all these girly pop singers. I don’t know many guys who proudly advertise that everywhere Razz this song actually sounds kind of familiar, but I don’t know where I would have heard it. I was starting to sorta like it for a minute, then the like, dance mix started, and nevermind. Lmao wtf why is she dancing over his hospital bed. Oh, now the doctor guy is dancing too. I quickly switched back to my writing tab where it’s safe. Why would you make us listen to this Razz
Javi: No please not Selena Gomez. I can forgive the fact that she can't sing but this song isn't very good anyway.

Flamin’ Hot Nat
Max Frost - White Lies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDeV0sEjplI
Cherry: Omg this guy has like a cool weird sounding voice, which does not match how he looks like, at all haha. Anyway, I was thinking something about his style seemed familiar, and I was skimming the comments and I saw someone compare him to Electric Guest, which I totally agree with. Also, I really like Electric Guest, so not a bad comparison. This was cool.
Javi: This is the music you hear while shopping at American Eagle. It's good but not groundbreaking.

Mexican Vampire Murr
Butthole Surfers - Pepper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8vBVUaKvk
Cherry: You never know just how you look through other people’s eyes. I’ve never really listened to this band much, but I do know this song. It’s pretty cool, you can definitely tell it’s from the 90’s. It kind of sounds like a cross between grunge songs of that era, and like, early Blink 182. Also, the video was fun lolz.
Javi: Hehe butthole. I was getting some serious Beck vibes. Anyone else? The song was decent in a weird way, prob won't listen to it again but it was still decent.

Dinamita Dana
Beyonce - Crazy in Love
https://youtu.be/ViwtNLUqkMY
Cherry: I’m not really a Beyonce fan, but I do like this song. I remember when it came out, (omg I’m so old lolz that was like, 14 years ago) and this was just like, a HUGE song of the summer or whatever. Also, probably one of the last years that I followed popular music enough to tell you what the song of the summer was, haha. Anyway, this is fun. Also, it’s weird that they have been together so long. Like I remember when they first did this song, and some other stuff together, and I heard rumors of them dating, I thought it was so weird, cuz she’s just a couple years older than me, and he seemed so old. But now they’re like, that iconic couple everyone knows, haha.
Javi: Texas loves Beyoncé but I don't. I won't be too hard on this song cause it's withstood the test of time and I still hear on the radio a lot for some reason. Don't send Beyoncé again please.

Fiery Fusion Metsrus
Clay Walker - Just a few questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uextEnUYJZc
Cherry: Oh t.ears this is hardcore country, and the depressing kind! Omg, why. WHY. Like it’s full of cliches and whatever, but also, super depressing. I know some people really like this kind of thing, but I am definitely not one of them, and I doubt Javi is either. Stay strong.
Javi: This is why I didn't want this theme. People automatically associate Texas with country music and I loathe country music. There are SOME country songs which aren't bad but this almost put me to sleep. Hopefully Cherry liked this cause I wasn't a fan.

Caramel Eric
Willie Nelson - On the Road Again
https://youtu.be/dBN86y30Ufc
Cherry: This is much more tolerable country, this song is actually kind of nice to listen to. Also, this is the only song that multiple people included in their choices for submission. Although in your case, this song is decent, but your backup choice of Hotel California is obviously way better, so way to suck at everything, as always, Eric <3
Javi: Another country song but this one at least has a bit of life and didn't almost put me to sleep.

Baked Mark
Meatloaf - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGT1AcMRV9w
Cherry: Meatloaf is so lulz, mostly because of his name, but also, I guess cuz a lot of his songs seem sappy, but like, there are quite a few that I like. This one is okay, it’s no Paradise by the Dashboard Light </3 but at least it’s not “I Would Do Anything for Love” haha.
Javi: So many good Meatloaf songs to send but you send this. Sigh, it wasn't bad but it could've been better.

Cheddar Jalapeno Henry
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb7cBfrxbo
Cherry: Janis <3 I’ve judged this song a lot in idol games, but I never really get sick of it, because I mean, it’s a classic and she’s pretty much a legend. Also, lolz does anyone else watch 30 Rock? I always laugh so hard the episode where Jenna wants to do a biopic of Janis, but doesn’t have the song rights, so she keeps trying to sing this song with the lyrics changed slightly.
Javi: I've actually never been a big fan of Janis Joplin's voice but I can't deny this is a good song.

Last edited by Cherry on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Scores!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

and
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

CHEETO-LIMINATED: 5
Spoiler:

Thanks for signing up, sorry you suck, have a bag of Cheetos on the way out!

Javi will be posting the next theme, guys Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks for playing
Spoiler:

Your next theme will be
Spoiler:

Please send your songs to ME(Javi). Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Quote :
way to suck at everything, as always, Eric

Not fantasy football....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm

I got first place?? Laughing oh that's funny. I genuinely had no clue how that song would be received. My parents had a Roy Orbison greatest hits album as a kid and I know quite a few of the songs from that. When I saw his name for Texas artists, I knew I had to send him Laughing good stuff.

I've still got it after all this time ahahahahaaa

Bye Matador. Bad luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Damn, death by country again. I forgot both of you hate country music.

Good luck, Bull Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Send your songs to eto, people...I just got yelled at and am about to cry Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Haters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Bro, everyone hates country xoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Everyone hates your weird music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Yeah, probably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 pm

She made a San Cisco fan outta me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:42 am

lol Is it bad I haven't been on top of listening to today's music? Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:25 am

Lol me either. I listened to a "best songs of 2017" video and had heard about 2 songs on the list. I don't follow music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:26 am

Songs have been sent out. Expect results tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am

Okay so a lot of these songs look like they could suck but SOMEONE SENT ONE OF MY LEGIT FAVORITE SONGS AND I AM SO EXCITED.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric_The_Pelican

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am

Gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 am

Lolz nope. I can tell which one is yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Iraheto wrote:
Songs have been sent out. Expect results tonight

It is tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Results are coming up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Round 2 - Songs From 2017   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Dinamita Dana
Lorde - Green Light

Javi: I'm actually a big fan of Lorde and her last album "Pure Heroine". This song is a bit different, its more of a pop song and I remember not liking it much when it first came out. I've grown to it a bit but its still not her best. Thats fine I guess every artist evolves over time.

Cherry: Not going into this with high hopes, because I generally find her annoying, but I'll try to keep an open mind. Lolz I can't watch the video, she makes such weird faces when she sings. Wtf is with this thing from the last few years where every single fucking song has to be dance-able? Like seriously, all these songs start out normal and then get dance-y and annoying. Anyway, this isn't the worst thing I've ever heard, but it's nothing I'd ever go out of my way to listen to again either. Just generic girl pop, idk what the fuss was about her when she came out, all the songs I've heard have been annoying.

Baked Mark
Linkin Park - Heavy

Javi: Poor Linkin Park got alot of flack from die hard fans when they released their new album. Its not a bad song if you put their past songs aside but it definitely fails in comparison to their past songs from the early 00s. I hope they go back to their rock roots for their next album.  

Cherry: ...This band still makes music? That is legit news to me. I remember them from when I was in high school. ...wtf, this is like dance music too. WHAT HAPPENED TO WHEN THEY WERE LIKE, EMO SCREAMING MIXED WITH RAP? Oh, I've totally heard this song too, and had no idea it was Linkin Park because...it doesn't sound like the them I'm familiar with. Seriously, this is legit confusing me. IS THIS EVEN THE SAME BAND I THOUGHT IT WAS? IS THIS A TYPO? SOMEONE, HELP, I AM SO CONFUSED. It's not terrible.

Mexican Vampire Murr
Apocalypse - Cigarettes After Sex

Javi: I bet this is the song Cherry is gonna love. Its slow and despression just how she likes it. I have to be honest though I somewhat enjoyed it. Some of you guys really have a talent for finding good obscure songs that don't suck. lol

Cherry: I AM SO EXCITED. I LOVE CIGARETTES AFTER SEX SO MUCH. I HAVE LISTENED TO THIS SONG LIKE 100 TIMES. There are a bunch of songs that I like that have come out this year, but I wasn't expecting anyone to send any of them, because people are generally terrible in idol games, haha. So thank you for exceeding expectations <3 I love this band so much, all of their songs are pretty much amazing, and his voice is like, being in a trance, in a good way. The album comes out tomorrow, btw <3

Twisted Puffs Jimmy
The Chainsmokers - Paris

Javi: I HATE the chainsmokers and all their music. Everytime "Closer" comes on I change the station asap, and last year that song was everywhere. Luckily this is the only song from the I tolerate. The ending sounds like "Midnight City" from M83 which is lazy but still a good song.

Cherry: The girl in this video is hot and has a really nice ass. I don't think that is what I am supposed to be judging, but you know, bonus! I think I have heard this song, too. HOW DO I KNOW THESE SONGS? I haven't listened to the radio in like, a decade, and I don't seek out stuff like this on youtube. Anyway, the song gets pretty repetitive after awhile, but for a one time listen it's surprisingly decent, kinda catchy.

Cheddar Jalapeno Henry
Maiah Manser - Second Skin

Javi: I wanted to like this, truly did but I just couldn't get into it. I gave it 3 listens which is rare for me in these games. Honestly I don't even know what to say about it because it wasn't bad but just boring for my taste.

Cherry: Oh God, she sounds like Lana. I feel like...this song would be good in a soundtrack, like I could see it playing during an ending montage of a show with a good soundtrack, but just listening to it by itself, idk. There are some parts that are okay, I do like her voice, but there are parts of the song that are just kind of annoying. Also, lolz what is this picture? Is she blowing smoke and it somehow covered her whole face in an opaque way, or is she wearing a plastic bag on her head? I prefer the latter. Ugh, this song is still going.

British Imitation Neil
The Kooks - Be Who You Are

Javi: Nice song to relax at the beach drinking a few beers. I think the real reason I like this is because it reminds me of the years after I graduated high school and didn't have to work. Times changed for the worst but music can be nostalgic even though this is new.

Cherry: Their name always sounds like they should be from the 60s, when all those bands were named "The something." Anyway, this is like...idk. I am pretty sure I've listened to a few songs by this band before, but I can't think of any songs by them off the top of my head. But this song isn't like...quite the same sound as what I had for them in my head, if that makes any sense. This just seems like one of those decent but generic band songs that get popular. The chorus is pretty annoying, but overall it's okay.

Flamin’ Hot Nat
Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still

Javi: The fact this band has a period after Portugal really messes with me for some reason. Also why does this song sound so familar? Have I heard it in a commercial somewhere? Let me know if I have. Overall it was one of my favorite songs I've never heard from this round.

Cherry: I remember judging a different song by him (them? too lazy to look) a long time ago and being kind of meh on it, but this one is decent. I like the beat, and it has a pretty cool sound.

White Cheddar Merriska
Paramore - Hard Times

Javi: I have a story about this song. I hated it when I first heard it and was dissapointed in whatever sound Paramore was going for in this album but it grew on me eventually. I jammed drunk to this song a few weeks ago so thats something. lol

Cherry: Ugh, why. I didn't even like Paramore back when I listened to all those Fueled By Ramen bands. T.ears, why is she blonde now. OMFG THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN 80'S SONG. HELP, I NEED AN ADULT. ...it seriously just gets more and more 80's as it goes along. WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS? I hope you get eliminated.

Caramel Eric
blink-182 - Last Train Home

Javi: This is not the real blink-182 but some other rock band with their name stamped to it. The vibes I got from this were late 00s angry rock emo music. A nice throwback to my high school days but I wasn't into that type of music back then lol. Hopefully Cherry likes this more than I did. (She prob will).

Cherry: HI ERIC. ANOTHER BAND I DIDN'T KNOW STILL MADE MUSIC. I thought they broke up and had new bands, and also, something about aliens. ...I literally feel like I am being sucked back in time like, 15 years. This actually sounds just like their early 00s stuff. I'm actually kind of in the mood for this right now, I guess, because I'm surprisingly enjoying this. NO ONE TELL TAMMY. Plus, I mean, after that terrible Paramore song, anything would be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Round 2 Results   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Scores

1st Place - 16/20
Spoiler:

2nd Place - 15/20
Spoiler:

3rd Place - 13/20
Spoiler:

4th Place - 12/20
Spoiler:

5th Place - 11.5/20
Spoiler:

6th Place - 10.5/20
Spoiler:

7th Place - 10/20
Spoiler:

That means the bottom 2 are

Spoiler:

One of you scored 9.5 and the other scored a 9. The person who has been CHEETOLIMINATED is ....

Spoiler:

We thank you for joining. You actually didn't have the lowest scores from either of us but Cherry and I liked what the other hated thus pushing you to the bottom. Have a bag of Cheetos from us.

Cherry will be posting your next theme soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   

Back to top Go down

CHEETO IDOL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum for the IMDb Games community :: Games :: Games Area-
Jump to: