HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

CHEETO IDOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Dana ShelbyChancey

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 am

I saw him on SNL he was pretty good. I take it that the "Father" appelation is part of his act.

On Fios cable they have the MTV Live channel and Axs that have a lot of those Glastonbury concerts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:27 am

Can the 4 of us just be crowned joint winners? *dances around in a circle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Songs 6 - Music Videos   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Dinamita Dana
Andy Graham - Honey, I'm Good

Javi: This video is adorable and nauseating depending on your relationship status. Its a song I'm very sick of familiar with but I had never seen the video until now. I liked it alot tbh, I know it must have been an easy choice but I still couldn't help being caught up with the happy couples and seeing their happiness. Nice job

Cherry: I know this song, but it's my first time seeing the video. It's kinda cute, I did like seeing the couples with the signs for how long they have been together, and also, the old man grabbing his wife's butt at the end <3 Bright Eyes did the cutesy romantic video better though with First Day of My Life, I recommend checking that out, as it's a cute video and also, the only song by them that the average non-fan super enjoys haha. Anyway, I kinda like this song, but like, in terms of if it plays at a store or something I'm like "this is fun!" not so much as in I would send it out of any song in the world. It's not bad, although it's funny people act like this is a sweet love song when like, literally he says if he gets drunk he will totes cheat. Like he's not staying true because he loves this person, he's staying true cuz he's sober! haha. Still one of the few popular songs from the last two years that I both know and kinda like though, so decent.

British Imitation Neil
Alien Ant Farm - Movies

Javi: I have many things to say about this video and band. First off this is like music for stoners. Second of all this guy's (and guitar guy) dance moves are CLASSIC, its like a walker from TWD, I love it. I did like the cameo from Pat Morita but everything else from this video was kind of dumb. Definitely enjoyed the song over the video.

Cherry: This reminds me of all that crap Eric listens to :p blah I feel like I would have enjoyed both this song and video a lot more in 2001 when it came out. The song isn't bad, sounds like most of the other songs from the same genre and time period, which I listened to a lot in my late teens. The video was mildly amusing, I mean it's fitting that a song called Movies has a video taking place at the theatre with movie homages. I chuckled a few times, cringed a few times.

Mexican Vampire Murr
Sigur Ros - Glosoli

Javi: Okay so this was definitely something you'd see win an award for best music video. This vid kind of reminded me of Foster The People's Helena Beat (I know this came first) with the use of the children of the corn type kids. It was weird and half the time I didn't know what was going on but I couldn't look away. As for the song, I was waiting 5 minutes for this to start lol. It wasn't really a song but rather more of a background music so its a shame but at the same time I doubt any song with understandable lyrics would really fit well with the video. Man I'm torn with this one.

Cherry: Lolz @ you picking a non-Hopelandic song so I can't sass you. This is a really cool video, it's like, a folk fairy tale. Although lolz I swear when that last kid jumped it looked like he was falling down and I thought it was gonna take a DARK TURN and got a little scared haha. I liked the lullabye sounding music at the very end. As for the song, there's others by them that I like better, but it was pleasant. I hope Javi isn't too bored.

White Cheddar Merriska
Bat For Lashes - What's a Girl To Do

Javi: I thought this was Lily Allen at first. Weird and creepy is what I would describe this. I watched "It Follows" a few weeks ago and it gave me similar vibes to that movie. It wasn't bad actually I enjoyed the song and creepiness. My only criticism would be the video was too simple.

Cherry: Lmao this is the video!!! In like, my first idol game I ever judged someone sent me this song, I think it was Jessica, and I was like WTF IS THIS VIDEO OMFG BUNNY MASKS ON BIKES. I was mildly traumatized. And like, I have randomly referred to that before a couple times, people usually have no idea what I am talking about. So like...if you remember me mentioning that before and you sent it to traumatize me, then <333. If you sent this cuz you think I like it then lolz. The song is okay, but like, Murr is into these weird girl singers, not me ;p blah also, this video makes me think of Gold by Chet Faker which I like better haha. But this is decent, the video is definitely weird.

Last edited by Iraheto on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Songs 6 - Scores   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 pm

In 1st place with 29/40 pts is..

Spoiler:

In 2nd place with a decent 27/40 is..

Spoiler:

That means it was down to
Spoiler:

By a score of 22 vs 25.5 the person who is Cheetoliminated is...

Spoiler:

Thanks for playing but it was a tough round with lots of variety and yours happened to be both of our least favorite. Thanks for playing.

Cherry will be on later to post your next themes.

Last edited by Iraheto on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 pm

lolzzzzz you called Murr by the wrong name
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm so good, I get first place even after I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:30 pm

Idk what you guys are talking about. The weather is nice today huh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:31 pm

I won you back your place in the game, Nat. You're welcome, bro!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Theme Seven: Covers and Originals For this round you guys will be sending both a cover song and the original. We will score the original the way we would any other song, on how much we like it. The cover scores will be based on the song as a cover, like is there something about it that makes it stand out, does it take a new spin on the song or does it sound like it could be from the karaoke bar. Etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 am

I am hurt, HURT by this lol. Aww that's how it goes. Can't always be the champ Laughing I didn't spend much time on this theme and was hoping to tug some nostalgic strings in you both. Thanks for having me. Was fun to play again.

Good luck you 3. Sorry Murr, I'm pulling for a May May/Big D final Razz

Bull OUT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:07 am

Quote :
The cover scores will be based on the song as a cover, like is there something about it that makes it stand out, does it take a new spin on the song or does it sound like it could be from the karaoke bar. Etc.

Just to be clear... the cover will be judged on its uniqueness relative to the original, NOT on how much you, Che and Eto, like it as a song/performance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:02 am

...mostly, but like, if you send in cats screeching or something I don't think either of us will be inclined to give it a 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:14 am

Depends on how well the cats performed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

My submission for the video theme:

Perfect 40/40 right there

#JusticeForCheddarJalapeno
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com Online
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 am

*drags Henry back to losers lounge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:57 pm

I have submitted my screeching cats... but they're autotuned, so it's very musical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:04 am

Hello dear hosts. What's the state of the current round? I know I'm out, dementia hasn't set in just yet. I was just curious Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 am

Whenever Cherry wants
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Sorry guys, I was gonna post after work yesterday, and I was just really worn out.

Cheeto Round Seven

Mexican Vampire Murr:
The Church - Under the Milky Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jhpaX7fNQ
Cherry: Aw, it’s your favorite band. This is the first time I heard them since the other night when you made me listen to that Isidore song, and that thing I said about him the other night crossed my mind again just now. /crypic comments blah Anyway, this song is like, idk, the most user friendly of this band you like, and you love to insert it whenever possible. I have judged it before, I don’t know what to say! It’s from their best album, the one where all the songs don’t suck. I’m just listing facts here.
Javi: I enjoyed this song a lot and I'm not sure why. For some reason I get the feeling I've heard it before but Idk where. BTW I just finished listening to all 6 songs and this one was my favorite. 

Powerman 5000 - Under the Milky Way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bTuByXI65E
Cherry: Okay like, I know you wouldn’t send something that turned your song into crap, but this is actually better than I expected it would be. The music is pretty cool, I like the instruments. The singing seems pretty similar to the original, he didn’t didn’t change the arrangement or song style, but the cool electronic music keeps it from sounding like a poor carbon copy.
Javi: This was very high tech stuff. Anyways this round is hard cause I'm trying to grade the covers in their uniqueness but sometimes that uniqueness makes the quality of the song worse. For example I enjoyed the original song way more than this but it still wasn't awful it just didn't really fit.

White Cheddar Merriska:
The Replacements - Here Comes a Regular
https://youtu.be/sdbXGi2WX0Q
Cherry: ...are you seriously making me listen to an 80’s song? You’re disgusting! It’s slow though, which makes it less gross 80’s, but also probably makes Javi more likely to fall asleep, so...still a wash, haha. Anyway, this like, I don’t know. It doesn’t suck, but it’s also not like, amazing. I don’t know what else to say.
Javi: This sounded more of a cover than the original. Sorry but I was beyond with this AND the cover. I actually listened to this than the cover and then to this again to see if my thoughts changed but they didn't sorry.

Conor Oberst - Here Comes a Regular
https://youtu.be/AZnV9kYzCo0
Cherry: I’m not really a fan of recordings of live performances, but this is good quality at least. I don’t know what to say. Conor’s voice is always comforting to me, but like, there isn’t anything special about this cover, and I didn’t know the original, so no excitement from me by him singing it. If you wanted to go with Conor I would have scored much higher if you’d gone with his cover of Devil Town, or else sent Lover I Don’t Have to Love as the original song and the cover by Bettie Serveert.
Javi: Yes it's different but not by much. But is this some I would listen in my spare time or is this something I would hear at a restaurant while I'm eating and chatting with friends not really paying attention. Food for thought.

Dinamita Dana:
Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire
https://youtu.be/lrpXArn3hII
Cherry: So like, I’d never really listened to him much (like, the only song I can think of off the top of my head is Born in the USA lolz) and was kind of meh on him in general, but then in Murrcher idol I remember judging some songs off of Nebraska that were really good, so like, he must have some good songs. ...okay, the song can start at any time now. Oh, I know this one haha. ...THIS SONG IS DISTURBING, BRUCE. IS IT ABOUT A FATHER HAVING SEX WITH HIS DAUGHTER, OR A WOMAN WHO CALLS HER HUSBAND DADDY? Mixed feelings on this song. It’s so ridiculously short, haha. His voice is fine, and I like the chorus enough. But the PERVERTED IMAGERY and woo hoos are annoying, haha.
Javi: It feels like every single submission this round was catered towards Cherry and it's a bit annoying honestly. But t.ears I didn't like them either blah Bruce Springsteen is an artist I don't hate but find to be completely overrated.

Mumford and Sons - I'm on Fire
https://youtu.be/y5ydSirqY38
Cherry: Ugh, Mumford and Sons suck. Also, this is a live video that includes cheering fans, it’s like all my hates wrapped into one! I wish you had sent Johnny Cash, I like his cover at least. This just basically sounds just like the original, with all the annoying woo hoos and everything, haha.
Javi: I was still bored with this song but at least it had a better sound than the original. The folk country vibes from MAS really saves any song. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Scores!

First place by a landslide (16 for original, 13.5 for cover equaling 28.5) is
Spoiler:

Conrgats, you are moving on to the finale!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Which means that
Spoiler:

will be moving on to the final round! Congratulations!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Sorry girl.

Congrats to the final 2. You've both played your cards just right and one of you is about to walk away the winner of Cheeto Idol! This final round will be 3 themes!

Spoiler:

Cherry's theme.

Spoiler:

My theme but I figured I should tie it with the silly theme of the game. It doesn't have to be about food exactly but it must reference food a lot. (Ex: Cherry Pie)

Spoiler:

By song of choice we probably recommend sending something you think both Cherry and I might enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:27 am

Go Dana gooooo!!! *waves flag.

Welcomes May May to losers lounge. I've poured you a diet Pepsi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:33 am

EnnJaySee wrote:
Sorry Murr, I'm pulling for a May May/Big D final Razz

Suck it, Elsie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: CHEETO IDOL   Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:10 am

Who's Elsie? I will not suck anything!