Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
modica

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 pm

I do love Turner even though the game has gone on forever. Anyhow, I am going to evict Arik. It will be a challenge to be the final two with Bobby. He has very similar taste in movies, and he is a gem of a guy, so there is no one better to end the game with. Let the jurors make their decisions in a timely manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:00 am

I don't know if I'm upset or relieved that after a year i only got 3rd. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:55 am

You’re a winner in my book xoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:34 am

ok david and bobby congrats on final 2  you can start your opening statements
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Women have gotten pregnant and gave birth while this game went on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:51 pm

chatty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arik

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:46 am

JohnLovesHenryForever wrote:
You’re a winner in my book xoxo

Appreciate you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:13 am

Congrats, Bobby and David.

Apparently I'm on the jury (???), and since I haven't followed the game/went MIA, um... yeah. Interested to hear what you 2 have to say. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:05 pm

What's up everyone. Let's see if I can be 100% successful with these questions because I always end up bringing up something like Denver, the Last Dinosaur or some shit. It's super early, but I want to get this in now because I'm not sure if I'll have time tonight or tomorrow. Just don't expect some Hoosiers or Braveheart magic. You'll still get the best opening statement you ever heard in your life, though. Maybe Laughing. On a serious note, I'm gonna keep this short. We can go into a ton of detail (if you want) with all your questions, and that's what really matters. How you guys feels as individuals. That's not kissing ass (want to make that clear because someone like Jesse would've thought so), that's the truth since you're the jury. David and I are just waiting to see who you want to represent the season as the winner. For those who I was in contact with (I reached out to almost everyone. I do in every game I do), you saw my (or some of my) game. What I hope to do is put into words how I got to point a to point z. It was a long game, but I still had a good time. I like hanging out with you guys. I have a lot going on right now (like I'm sure all of you do), but I would've stuck with this for another year (or two). I'm gonna end it there for now because we can get into everything with questions. I'm not sure when I'll be on next, but if anybody asks anything I'll make sure to answer as soon as possible. Later!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello all. Like Bobby, I am going to be short with my statement. This game has been long and I am not even sure if some of the jurors are still here. The most difficult thing with this game is that you never know how the judges are going to feel about your submissions. Sometime you think you have killed it and then it only takes one judge not to like it to drop your score. Bobby is an excellent player and I chose him to be in the final two, because he deserves to be here. I love these movie and music games for obvious reasons and really look forward to hearing from the judges, even though I disagree with their scores. I also like the fact that I may have exposed people to movies, television shows and music with my submissions; I know many have said that they want to watch something after seeing my entry, so that is pretty rewarding by itself. OK, before I start rambling let's just bring on the questions...if there are any. Bye for now,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Congrats guys on making the final 2. Questions for both:

1) What was your biggest game move?

2) What was your lowest point of the game?

3) Why do you think you should win over the other?

4) What do you predict the final result will be? (be honest)

Thanks guys, good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:25 pm

1) What was your biggest game move?
I think that waiting until the end to really break out the big guns was my biggest game move. As I
said, you never know what the judges are going to think about your submissions, so I chose some
very emotional scenes during the last competition. I really thought about my submissions and
chose well. Otherwise, I think I just got through without being much of a target. When Arik
nominated me with Henry I thought I was finished, but I survived that by winning the veto.

2) What was your lowest point of the game?
When Arik nominated me. I thought my goose was cooked.

3) Why do you think you should win over the other?
I guess that if I have to have an answer is that I got to the final two by winning competitions
and vetoes and not seeming to be much of a threat. Being loyal helped also. Tried to stay under
the radar.

4) What do you predict the final result will be? (be honest)
Honesty in these games usually gets me in trouble, but I do think that Bobby will win over me. He
won competitions and had a terrific social game. He is also known and liked better than I, so
people will definitely vote for Bobby. He is a good player and there isn't anyone else I'd rather lose
to. People will say that I may have had a better chance choosing Arik to go to the final two with,
but sometimes you have to stick to doing what you feel is right and evicting Bobby didn't seem
to be something I could do in good conscience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Yo.  So, this game was long.  

Both of you lasted for the full 9 months or so, which in itself is pretty impressive.  I, however, flaked like a month and a half in. heh.  So I know shit all of what happened.  A few questions to help sort that out.  Generalities are fine, but I also want some specific examples/hard evidence to back it up.  I'm looking for detailed answers (in a 9 month game, there should be tons of details).  I'm going with who I think had the stronger game; however, if one of you gives one line general answers, and the other goes into detail, I'mma vote for the person who gives more detail (because to me, these games are largely about keeping track of each detail, so being aware of the details = a strong game if it's otherwise a toss-up).  Things go wrong... nothing wrong about admitting you messed up and everything went wrong (even if that's the case, you clearly found a way to make it through regardless ) - so don't be afraid to admit mistakes or things you misread and shot yourself in the foot for a moment (I'm not gonna hold that against you - depends on how you worked through it).

1.) With such a long game, I imagine it could be tough to keep up momentum.  Was there any point you considered throwing in the towel?  If so, why?  And if not (or if you considered it but decided against it), what kept you going?

2.) At what moment did your strategy for the game really begin?  Like, when did you go from just playing and seeing what happened to having a solid game plan that you carried through to the end?  I want specifics here.

3.) As I'm too lazy to look back, how many HOH challenges did you win?  Whether you won a lot or not, how did that fit into (or challenge - since in this game, trying to throw a challenge could backfire) your strategy in the game?

4.) Who were your main allies in the game, and how well did they place?  How much do you feel that had to do with you/your ability to keep them safe (or your inability to keep them safe)?

5.) What's one mistake/thing you got wrong in the game?

For Bobby: I remember early in the game, when people weren't talking much, you kept popping up.  I was talking to Henry, Mets, and Eric, and I feel like they all mentioned you at least once.  To me, this shows that you started working the game pretty early... How much did that early start help you, if at all?  And was that a conscious effort to play, or just being kind of thrown into conversations?  This will tie in to your answer to #2.

For David: I don't remember hearing from you or anyone mentioning hearing from you while I was in the game.  Long game, so things could've changed.  Was there anyone you were talking to, sowing seeds in the game, with early on?  If not, was that a conscious effort (for whatever reason, maybe to be UTR) or just that you weren't really that involved at that point?  This will also tie in with your answer to #2, mind.

Also, I'd like both of you to comment on the other's answer to these questions.  Not asking for some rabid fight or anything... just a short statement on how accurate you feel the other's answers were (and if you feel their answers weren't an accurate representation of their game, in a civil manner explain why and give some specific examples).

Thanks to Turner for inviting me.  Sorry I flaked, bro!  I had reasons... wasn't just flaking for the sake of it.  And while this game was LONG, props for carrying through all the way!  And congrats to the final 2 for the same!  You're both winners after this long-ass endurance challenge.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Was I in this game ? I can't remember lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:11 pm

soullimbo wrote:
Was I in this game ? I can't remember lol
no you were not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:12 pm

neil dont ask questions you were not in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Turner, your game needs all the help it can get. There is no harm in me asking a few questions. The real jurors can read the answers and it'll help them decide who to vote, provided enough of them still give a shit.

Thanks David. Good answers. Your last reminded me of Colby in Australia. I know there have been others but he was the first in Survivor. I have no comparison to make in BB as I don't watch it. I respect taking the stronger player to the end. Nothing against Arik, if your perception was that Bobby would be harder to beat. Too often in our games people would take the weaker to the end but I was less keen on doing that, especially after playing a bunch of times. We don't have money on this Laughing if only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
Turner, your game needs all the help it can get. There is no harm in me asking a few questions. The real jurors can read the answers and it'll help them decide who to vote, provided enough of them still give a shit.

Thanks David. Good answers. Your last reminded me of Colby in Australia. I know there have been others but he was the first in Survivor. I have no comparison to make in BB as I don't watch it. I respect taking the stronger player to the end. Nothing against Arik, if your perception was that Bobby would be harder to beat. Too often in our games people would take the weaker to the end but I was less keen on doing that, especially after playing a bunch of times. We don't have money on this Laughing if only.
neil i dont need any help from you have never been in  this game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Praise the lord.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 pm

1.) With such a long game, I imagine it could be tough to keep up momentum. Was there any point you considered throwing in the towel? If so, why? And if not (or if you considered it but decided against it), what kept you going?

I never really considered throwing in the towel. I like the game for the competitions due to the fact that I love movies and have seen lots and lots of them. I watch old and new, action movies and dramas, fantasy and documentaries, so I have a grand catalogue of films to submit. Also, I am pretty busy and don't come on here all the time, so the fact that I checked in and then forgot about it for awhile kept me in the game. I think I had the longest HOH in the game. It went from mid September to early November. I often joked about it, but even then, I really planned to go to the end. The only way I wasn't going to finish the game was if Turner dropped out, but he never did(although I sometimes wondered if he was going to). I remember Turner's first BB movie game had Jesse and he always was on Turner to keep the game going. Most of us just let it happen when it happened. We joked about it, but no one was as pushy as Jesse was.

2.) At what moment did your strategy for the game really begin? Like, when did you go from just playing and seeing what happened to having a solid game plan that you carried through to the end? I want specifics here.

With these games my game plan is no game plan. I generally wait to see who is going to contact me and then I form more of a strategy and alliances. With this game I really didn't get contacted by many players, except for Bobby. Bobby seemed to be in contact with everyone and from what I heard was hoping to be in a final two with Henry. Seeing I knew this, I had to get rid of Henry over Arik; otherwise I was a goner. Bobby was the only person I had much contact with during the game and keeping him close seemed to pay off. I didn't form any alliances with anyone else, because for some reason I thought it was a good idea to stick with Bobby(even though I knew he was talking to everyone else also). I think if I kept Arik I could have won, but I just thought it was right to take Bobby to final two. I am a loyal guy and that is more important to me than winning a game.

3.) As I'm too lazy to look back, how many HOH challenges did you win? Whether you won a lot or not, how did that fit into (or challenge - since in this game, trying to throw a challenge could backfire) your strategy in the game?

I won three challenges and two of them were when it really mattered(the final HOH is when I pulled out the big guns)so I kept some really raw and emotional submissions until the end. The funny thing is Bobby and I both picked Full Metal Jacket for one of our scenes in the final HOH competition. Mine wasn't seen because I won the first HOH in the three part finale. I just thought that was funny that we chose Full Metal Jacket(different scenes though). I really don't think that my strategy changed because of winning or losing competitions. I pretty much felt that if I played hard when I needed to, I could go to the end. There were no guarantees, but it did seem to work out.

4.) Who were your main allies in the game, and how well did they place? How much do you feel that had to do with you/your ability to keep them safe (or your inability to keep them safe)?

Well as you already know, Bobby was my only ally. I talked to some others, but he was with me since the beginning. Now I don't know if I was always in his mind to finish with, but he was always in mine. It all worked the way I thought it would anyhow, so whether it was luck or my strategy...who is to say?

5.) What's one mistake/thing you got wrong in the game?

I think I was only nominated twice and one of the times is because I saved Arik. Now he says that he never promised to keep me safe, but I think he did. I think it was between Eric and Arik and I evicted Eric because Arik said I'd be safe. Who knows, but it worked out in my favor because I won the veto and took myself off. I really thought my days were numbered then, but I survived.

If you need me to follow up on anything, please do ask me to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomcatMurr

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:00 am

Thanks, David. And good answers (really - well done)! I'll see how Bobby answers and go from there - please remember to comment on his answers, too. Mostly I just want to see some agreement, so it doesn't seem like anyone is needlessly throwing the other under the bus - sort of, "to the best of my knowledge, what the other said is true" sorta thing... heh.

Good luck, again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:29 am

Omg it's Murr, I didn't even notice til now Laughing hi!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 am

I do want to mention(I actually forgot that I wanted to talk about it in my answers to Murr's questions) is that I can't generally be fake or phony. If I talk to you it is because I want to talk to you and not because I am trying to sway people's decisions in games. There is always an element of game playing in the relationships I make, but it is always me who is there in the moment. It isn't game player David, it is actually me, because when all is said and done I want to win on my own merits and not be fake or deceptive. My first game with this group was with the wonderful guy Thanasis. I had no idea what I was doing, but Thanasis was there with be until it was time to let me go and when he did he was honest. I respected that because I played that first game not knowing what the hell was going on, but I still got pretty far for being such a boob. What I am trying to say is that I will always be me in the competitions and socially. I can't be someone else and if others don't like it, that is fine, because at the end of the day, I have to live with me and no one else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnLovesNotHenryForever

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am

Holy cow major tl;dr what happened to good old fashioned succinct information?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced   

Back to top Go down

cooltu101 film and tv big brother idol season 2 winner announced
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next