Share | 

Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:24 pm

I know Garrett watches it but not sure who else. WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT HERE!!

Did you all watch this trailer yet?? #shook

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/829026286257442817

Gonna do a cast assessment later too, based on the MTQ videos
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm kind of an on again off again watcher. The last full season I watched was the one with Violet and Ginger Minge (<3 both of them.) I actually saw Violet, Miss Fame, and Michele Visage at Roscoe's in Chicago like a year and a half ago. I didn't pay $10 for a photo though lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:37 pm

That was season 7, with Katya <3

I've watched every season, some are better than others. Like last year, All Stars 2 was amazing but season 8 was alright. This season's cast looks promising, so I am excited!

The only 2 queens I've seen live are Adore, Bianca, Willam and Raja. They came for pride so I just saw them perform there. No meet and greets or photos either lol
Back to top Go down
Parawhore

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Yo this is my show I skipped Allstars but that is because I didn't like Allstars 1's weird partner format.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR9fZnjKQb1REMG7d0tJ3A
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 am

All Stars 2 didn't have the teams format.

Henry <3 So glad you made this thread. I'm so excited for this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:47 am

And AMG I'll do a cast assessment too Henry <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 am

MY CAST ASSESMENT:

Aja: I know people are saying not to compare her to Naomi Smalls, but I am totally getting Naomi here Laughing like, her voice, mannerisms, and even the look. I did like Naomi on her season though so hoping I like Aja too. Prediction=Early elimination.

Alexis Michelle: I thought she had some personality, but she seems a little angry to me. Probably going to be one of the bitches of the season. Prediction=Mid season boot.

Charlie Hides: the fans seem to love this one and Sasha. I think she is very quirky and has a good sense of humor. Plus she's like, the oldest contestant they ever had, so I am rooting for her. This show tends to be very ageist so I hope she makes it past week 1. But I am worried. Prediction=early boot.

Eureka: Her MTQ video annoyed me lol. She was trying to explain what inspired her outfit and I was like, just say Divine already geez. I don't think she did? Anyway, she seems alright, kind of getting filler queen vibes. Prediction=mid season boot, probably in a double elimination.

Farrah Moan: Ugh I can't stand her already lol. She is giving me Courtney/Pearl fishy queen vibes that think they are too good for the show. But I am sure she'll have the same fate as those 2. So prediction=Final 4 boot or finalist (that doesn't win)

Jaymes Mansfield: I can't really stand her voice. But she seems well put together. I think she could be the super talented, fan favorite queen of the season that gets robbed *coughBencough*. So prediction=Final 5 boot.

Kimora Blac: I just rewatched the MTQ videos and I already forgot about hers, so that's saying something lol. But apparently, she's very talented. She seems like another one that's going to be a bitch. Bitch+Talented=Roxxy of this season so prediction=Final 3

Nina Bo'Nina Brown: By FAR my favorite MTQ video, she's so damn funny! Laughing And omg that outfit, yassss!!!! I am already rooting for her, win plz. Prediction=Finalist, perhaps winner.

Peppermint: Another one that I cannot remember lol. Totally giving me filler queen vibes. I kind of like her name though. Anyway, prediction=early boot, probably first out.

Sasha Velour: Almost everyone loves her on reddit Laughing I don't blame them, she's very talented and I really liked her MTQ video. She seems wise beyond her years (I think shes only like 28 or 29?) and imho, the only cute one out of drag this season. So I am rooting for her too and wouldn't be too upset if she wins. Watch her make it further than Acid Betty and people riot Laughing Prediction: either late boot, or finalist (most likely runner up)

Shea Coulee: I like her aesthetic, very unique. I think Ru will probably fall in love with her and would want to keep her around for a while (kind of like Trinity K Bonnet). Not sure about this one though, it could either way. I can see her making it far or bombing early and being one of the first 3 to leave

Trinity Taylor: She seems ok. She looks a bit over it in the video, so if these were filmed after the season finished filming then that can only mean one thing...anyway, another one that's giving me filler queen vibes, but I think she'll be in the Kandy Ho territory, in the bottom a lot but slaying the lip syncs. Prediction=mid season boot.

Valentina: ehh, I really can't tell the difference between her and Peppermint. I think I am going to be confusing them a lot this season Laughing She is a little bit more memorable than Peppermint. Prediction: probably mid-late season boot. I can see her being good at lip syncs.

Overall cast thoughts: Couple of queens (Nina, Sasha) that I am rooting for. Too many pretty, fishy girls that will fade in the background. Literally no eye candy out of drag, t.ears (Sasha only, but hes like, a 7/10 Laughing Trinity is a total butterface so I just cant rofl)
Back to top Go down
Parawhore

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Now I have to go back and watch Allstars 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR9fZnjKQb1REMG7d0tJ3A
Bray992

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:39 pm

This show is so yaaaaasss.

Anyways I met Tatianna last weekend. She came to Saskatoon as part of her Canadian tour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 am

Yay it's moving to VH1. I could never watch it on TV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm

It's not going to be on LOGO? Or is it gonna be on both?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:56 am

Me <3 I haven't watched since Pearl won? But I did see the Allstars one since Alaska and Alyssa were on it. I could watch them both 24/7.

Farrah Moan <3333
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Not like I care because I am boring and rarely go out to the bars on Friday nights, but I bet their ratings are gonna tank. I am sure the gay bars are gonna have viewing parties and the people who would normally watch at home cuz of work the next day will be at the bars anyway....stupid decision to move it to Friday nights.

Alyssa Edwards <333

Pearl didn't win. She was runner up with Ginger Minj, Violet won. Katya was robbed though
Back to top Go down
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Ohhhhh, Violet Crotchkey. Totally forgot about that travesty.

Pearl <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Katya was robbed in Season 7!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:29 am

Katya was robbed in all stars 2!!!

i have watched every season, and to be honest not feeling the season right now i am sure that will change, i LOVED season 8, because all the queens were very very different, so it made it anyones game, from impersonator (derrick), fish (naomi), comedy (Bob), avant garde (Betty/thorgy), glam (Kim), home town (Chi Chi),

all the girls are very much the same. but i am sure it will be a good time no matter what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:12 am

Most of the girls are very meh based on previews BUT LADY GAGA IS GOING TO BE A GUEST JUDGE!

This season is gonna have some amazing judges. I mean, I dont think the show can go any lower than season 7 so I am hopeful Laughing

Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Lol When Will said he wasn't feeling the season I thought I'd somehow misread the date and it already started Laughing

Since I have VH1 I'll be watching. I didn't have Logo/OutTV/anywhere it was on and wasn't passionate enough to look for links lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Soooo this is embarassing. I never really paid attention to the channel but I figured I had VH1 because Love and Hip Hop and the newest ANTM was on channel 70. I forgot it was E! So I looked it up and VH1 isn't available anywhere in Canada...sooo I still can't watch on my TV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:46 am

Damn that sucks hun, but with it being on vh1 you might be bale to watch it online through there service a little bit easier, i go through this the same time every year with bbcan, which i enjoy much more than usa bb, but trying to find episodes that arent geo blocked can get frustrating and then you have to resort to like watch series which sets off my anti virus like crazy and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 am

Starting a prayer circle so that they don't have so many stupid acting/singing challenges this season...I want to see them make shet. Dresses, costumes, gay boats....
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Premiere was good, felt rushed...I can only remember a couple of runway looks. The best one was Sasha, the Applause music video look. So good. Nina's was fine too but it wasn't even the same color so wtf. Sasha's look was spot on. But whatever. And no lip sync either? I was hoping they would have a Gaga lip sync between the top 2 to pick the winner of the pageant.

LOL @ the "cliffhanger" ending, even though like 90% of fans already know who's coming back lol.
Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Do you want to know lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!   

Back to top Go down

Rupaul's Drag Race (Season 9) THREAD!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next