Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What summer movies are you looking forward to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 10:27 am

We all probably have something we really want to go see this summer, and I feel this one will be very lit in terms of movies coming out. Post what you're looking forward to!

For me, I'm definitely in line to go see the Transformers movie next month, and I will NOT be missing The Dark Tower when it comes out! The new Apes movie I may also go see as well. My mom wants to go see Wonder Woman, so I may end up seeing that as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 11:27 am

Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot was easily best part of BvS

Baby Driver - Edgar Wright is an amazing writer/director and this looks fantastic.

War for the Planet of the Apes
- This has been a very surprisingly good trilogy so far. Hopefully they don't fall into the part 3 sucks cliche.

Dunkirk - Christopher Nolan. Need I say more?

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - This is probably going to suck but I like Dane Dehaan and this movie seems interesting to me.

That's about it for what I'm looking forward to. I know I'll see a bunch of other movies but for whatever reason I'm not that excited for them. Spiderman Homecoming. I don't think it looks good. I don't like that the trailer gives everything away, or that his friend knows he's spiderman in like 2 minutes. It also just seems very cliche and predictable. Cars 3 is the lone Pixar franchise that just isn't that good but they keep trying to make it a thing anyway. Maybe to sell toys, who knows. The House seems like something I'd like but Will Ferrell has been making a lot of crap lately. I mean I'll probably see these movies and more but expectations are low.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Seems all the good movies are coming out in a November/December now.

I was looking forward to Spider-Man: Homecoming but based on the trailers it has way too much Tony Stark. I like Iron Maj but this should've been a stand alone movie. It's a shame they were in such a rush to have Spideman is Civil War they kind of ruined his ark now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Will somebody please put Peter Parker on the backburner for a while and give Miles a damn movie? lol.

After looking over the release dates the only thing I'm excited for is Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Eww no, Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 2:37 pm

That's as good as any reason to see Dunkirk Jimmy! Nolan's always a great director! However, I feel I probably wouldn't enjoy it simply because I've historically been rubbed the wrong way when it comes to movies about the wars in our world, especially when I was a child.

Regarding Spider-Man: Homecoming, I feel the same way. It's getting the same treatment the Captain America movies have gotten. It's basically just another Avengers movie simply because it's MCU, and I feel like that's not really fair on the actual hero the movie is supposedly centered around. It's why I opted not to go see Civil War. That's just me though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Sat May 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Iraheto wrote:
Eww no, Spider-Man IS Peter Parker.

We could still give the alternate universe Spidermen some love too, it doesn't have to be Peter in every form of media.

I still like Peter though <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Tue May 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Finally saw this trailer. Add this to my list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 1:57 am

I legit will not go to the theater anymore, due to my protest of Liberal Hollywood and their antics, but I will be seeing Dunkirk, Not because I care about Christopher Nolan, but because Dunkirk was the most pivotal battle in WW2. The Axis would have won, had Herman Goering and Hitler destroyed the British and not let up and allowed them to retreat in 1941
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 7:58 am

It Comes At Night looks really good, I wanna go see that.

Also still need to see Alien Covenant. Then I dont know what else is opening. Wonder Woman's great reviews make me want to go see it, but I'll wait a few weeks/until it's available to rent to watch it. I get the feeling movie theaters will be full of annoying texting tweens for this movie #getoffmylawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 11:38 am

I don't mind the "annoying texting tweens" so much because I normally just sit at the very front of the theater, so they're all behind me and I can focus on the movie itself. Besides, considering what I'm wanting to go see, I feel like the only way I will even remotely come close to that kind of crowd is when I go for the Transformers movie. Dark Tower should be pretty safe from that since it's in August and it'll probably be rated R.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm

I've actually never encountered annoying teens in a theater. My worst experience was a man in his 40's slurping at boobies in the previews before Mockingjay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 12:17 pm

Merriska wrote:
My worst experience was a man in his 40's slurping at boobies in the previews before Mockingjay.

lmao Is this for real!?

Also, speaking of Mockingjay, when I went for Mockingjay Part 2, there were this group of people who kept spoiling the end of the Divergent series and I'm like "Well great! Guess I can skip the last 2 movies then." I can't believe how inconsiderate some people are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 12:23 pm

If it helps Mark, only the first film was good lol. You'd have skipped the last 3 though, they actually tried to split the last book which is only 400 some pages into two and it bombed so hard they had to cancel the one covering the very last and ship it to TV.

And unfortunately yes, though he also talked like a kid so he probably had some kind of disorder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Merriska wrote:
If it helps Mark, only the first film was good lol. You'd have skipped the last 3 though, they actually tried to split the last book which is only 400 some pages into two and it bombed so hard they had to cancel the one covering the very last and ship it to TV.

And unfortunately yes, though he also talked like a kid so he probably had some kind of disorder.

Actually, I watched the first 2 and I still didn't mind the 2nd film at all. Definitely not as good as the first one, but yeah, it was pretty watchable. But I still don't care to see the movies past Insurgent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Imo it was watchable, but not good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Haha slurping at boobies?? What's that mean? Loudly licking his lips? Laughing had to have a disorder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Yeah, and saying "ooh boobies" in this like Pee Wee Herman voice. We're derailing this topic lol.

Anything you're looking forward to watching?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

LaughingLaughing omg, and I don't have a clue what movies are coming out. I don't really follow movie releases. These days I mainly watch tv shows and lots of sport. Rarely watch a movie other than ones I've seen that I catch on tv. I will see IT when it comes out and I need to see Bad Santa 2 this Christmas Laughing there will be booobies in that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What summer movies are you looking forward to?   

Back to top Go down

What summer movies are you looking forward to?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1