Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cherry

PostSubject: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 1:24 am

I know we have multiple Survivor threads, but I wanted a discussion and I didn't want it to get lost among the discussion of this season.

So which finale boots have upset you the most? (By that I mean people who made it to the finale, but were eliminated before the final 2/3.) Even if they had no shot at winning, who did you want to see get to the final tribal? Also, out of the final 6 for this season, who would you be most upset about not making the final three?

A few of mine: I was super disappointed when Kenny was eliminated in Gabon, he was my favorite.
I still wish Jerri had made the final 3 over Sandra (DON'T THROW THINGS AT ME, GUYS).
Ashley Underwood not beating Rob at final immunity </3 I was rooting for her so hard.
Even though I know him winning would have been totally controversial, and also, I kind of love Sophie, I was still really bummed when Ozzy lost the final immunity in South Pacific.
Oh, Erik's medevac in Caramoan.
CYDNEY G.ODDESS NOT MAKING THE FINALS OVER TAI.
I'm a bit torn on this one because I do love Jeremy as a winner, but I was also would have loved to see Wentworth in the finals, she definitely deserved it. Oh, and on that note, it would have been super fun to see Keith answering the jury in either of his seasons <3
Jay last season Sad

Those are all the ones off the top of my head. I know I mostly just did recent seasons, but I haven't seen a lot of the early seasons, and of the pre-China ones that I have seen, I went into it knowing the winner, so the perception is a bit different.

As for this season, like Malcolm left super early, and Sierra is gone now, I don't think I would be DEVASTATED if any of the people didn't make final three. I mean I would PREFER the finals not to have Sarah (ugh) or Tai (he's nice and all, but like, we just saw him suck at finals, he doesn't need to join the Amanda and Russell club). I like Brad, but at this point I'm just excited he made it to the finale. As for Cirie, I am already assuming she won't make finals, so I won't be disappointed. I figure there is no way someone like Cirie could lose if she actually made finals, and I feel like if Cirie, someone who is a massive fan favorite (SHE REPRESENTS ALL THE FANS ON THE COUCH <3) finally won a season, she wouldn't have been invisible the first half, even if she was safe all along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 8:31 am

Oh shet.....*gets PTSD*

Wentworth. Though I guess that one doesn't hurt as much anymore because I am ok with Jeremy as a winner.

The one that I am still not over is David last season. I am pretty sure I almost cried, Laughing Like, he was the only one I REALLY wanted to see win, but I would have been ok with Jay winning too. So when Jay leaves first I was like O____O but then David wins immunity at final 5 so I am like Very Happy but then he loses immunity at final 4 and I am like O____o but then I remembered Ken was his BFF so I was like Very Happy but then fsdjkghdgcking Ken flips and does something stupid so I am like Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

KEN YOU WERE GOING TO LOSE ANYWAY BUT YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST GOTTEN ONE OR TWO PITY VOTES IF YOU HAD TAKEN DAVID TO THE END.

Umm, who else...I was rooting for Spencer in Cagayan and I was sad he was voted out. Then the older seasons are a blur for me Laughing so I guess these 3

David in Millennials vs. Gen X
Wentworth in Cambodia
Spencer in Cagayan

Quote :
Also, out of the final 6 for this season, who would you be most upset about not making the final three?

I guess Aubry? I dont think she has a shot of making it there anyway, so I am already prepared. Same with Cirie.

Edit: OH YEAH, I forgot about Cydney too Sad can you imagine how epic it would have been if the final 3 was one member of each tribe, and they were all women? <3333333

One Beauty girl, one Brawn girl, one Brains girl, and I liked them all so it probably would have been the best final 3 ever. But noooooooo Tai had to come in and ruin everything Laughing

<//33
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 9:17 am

Most of these are from earlier seasons when I watched the show "live" as opposed to after-the-fact when I already knew what was going to happen.

Rupert in All-Stars. The fanbase for him was strong and while I knew he wasn't winning, I sure wanted him at the end compared to Romber or Jenna L, who turned on him and gave him 4th. Though he rode pretty strongly with the majority for most of the game, he was at least the most decent of that majority in my eyes and he did learn a thing or two from the recent Pearl Islands and the shelter fiasco that almost killed Jerri Manthey.

Kathy in Marquesas. She would have made an amazing winner for that season, though I do think Vecepia was a crafty, shrewd UTR player who deserved her win. She just wasn't a fan favorite, nor was she very memorable either.

Helen in Thailand. I honestly really liked her and was pulling for her, even before her infamous jury speech which most people remember her for. Jan wasn't unlikeable per se (just sort of there), but I definitely didn't care much for Clay or Brian so Helen's boot disappointed me. I do appreciate Clay a bit more on rewatches, though. Helen's final words: "Break a leg... and I mean it."

Eliza in Vanuatu. I was hoping Chris would take our little odd, neurotic duckling to the end. I was rooting for Eliza so hardcore in her feud with Twila/Scout... ;_;

I'll echo the Ashley Underwood sentiment as well from Redemption Island, though it was mostly because I wanted to see anybody but 4th-time-player Rob Mariano win and Andrea was already gone at this point. Truth be told, I didn't really like Ashley when I was watching the season live... a great deal of my respect and admiration for her came on my rewatch of that season because it was obvious she should've be given a much better edit than what she received.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 am

Omg how did I forget David haha. Him and Jay both in finals would have been awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Kathy- Marquesas. She loses the game cuz she tried to put her boob back in
Rupert- All Stars. This one's actually kinda weird cuz the first tribal council I ever saw was the one where Shil Ann goes home this season sooo....I had no knowledge of how popular Rupert was and no huge build up of watching him for two seasons and seeing the shoe-stealing or any of that. I just immediately liked him lmao. Of course he got overused like everyone eventually does.

Would you believe as a 13 year old I liked the alpha males? Terry-Panama. I feel kinda embarrassed about it now, but I was devastated when he fell off that spinning water platform of death lol. Oh, and also:

Cirie- Panama. I still remember her dancing about catching a fish. She was just so cute and turned so deadly lol.

Yau Man- Fiji. It really made no sense to accept that deal looking back, but at the time it was so sad lmao.

Cirie- Micronesia. If anyone but Aras wins immunity and if Penner doesn't get med-evacced and Kathy leaves right after (fun fact, they made it look like a quit but they actually considered it a med-evac cuz she was going so nuts without her meds she tried to chop her hand off) changing it to a final 2, Cirie is a two time winner.

Tina- Blood vs Water. I wanted someone to give Tyson an actual challenge (in-game and in FTC), it just never happened.

Kass- Cagayan. I was dying to see what they would ask her lmao.

There's a few others like Wentworth and Jerri I would've liked to see in, but they were spoiled and I knew they wouldn't so I couldn't be devastated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 1:59 pm

TERRY, good shout lol. I liked that balance challenge, do it again!

I can't really think, it's all a blur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Rob C in Amazon. I knew before watching the season that he got 3rd but it's still super disappointing that he didn't win.

Cirie in Panama ;______; so many things had to go wrong for her to get booted at F4 and they all did, on top of Terry's stupid idol.

Cirie in Micronesia, too. I wanted a Parv/Cirie F2 but the whole sequence was just so sad.

Erinn in Tocantins Sad I was so over JT/Stephen

I was also weirdly upset about Jerri's boot even though her time in HvV was my least fav version of her by far. I wanted Parv to go instead of her but I really, really liked the thought of Jerri being a Survivor winner. What an epic story arc that would've been.

Malcolm in Philippines ;__; as much as I liked that season, I was kind of underwhelmed by that F3 once it came around

Laura Morett losing the Redemption Island duel to Tina in BvW was kind of devastating.

It sucked to see Kimmi and Wentworth go the way they did in Cambodia.

Cydney in Kaoh Rong ;______; I wanted to see her in the Final 3 so bad.

Jay last season too kind of sucked. I wasn't super wild about any of the F5, and he made the group a lot more fun. I would've loved to have seen how he would've done in a Final 3.

Then for this season, I easily would be most upset about Cirie not making F3. Aubry winning would be cool I guess but I don't care too much about any of the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about Cydney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Rob C and Eliza for the early seasons. Also Yau-man at the time (lol) AND ERINN ;___;

Wentworth is the biggest one for recent seasons. I also remember briefly feeling very strongly about Ashley Underwood during the RI finale then immediately going back to not caring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 pm

I felt super strongly about Ashley because she was the only real opposition to Rob all season and it came in the 11th hour. Once she lost the F4 challenge I knew she was done, but I was way over that season by that point and I didn't care about Ashley that much up until then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 pm

oh, Malcolm...like I remember I worked during the Philippines finale, and when I got home it was really late and I was like, ugh idk if I wanna watch the whole three hours, so I looked and saw Malcolm didn't make the final three and didn't bother watching the finale.

Even though I like Cirie so much more than Amanda, I was okay with the final two the way it was because Parvati. Cirie might have (probably would have) beat her. Cirie losing the fire challenge in Panama also sucked a lot, but I knew the result going into the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 am

Lydia not making the finals tore me up. Was in therapy for a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?   

Back to top Go down

Which Survivor finale boots devastated you the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1