Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lars von Trier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shred

PostSubject: Lars von Trier   Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm

I was just wondering what the consensus here is? I finally got around to seeing his Nymph()maniac film(s) last week and I loved it (them). I know they wouldn't be for everyone because of the amount of sexual content in it (LMAO at hard Shia Labeouf. Was that real lol? Yes I know I sound like I'm 12 <3), but I thought it was one of his best films!! I can't decide if I liked it better than Melancholia or Dogville though; those two were fantastic. I know a lot of people love it, but I'm not a fan of Dancer in the Dark at all, and Antichrist didn't work for me, but I still think he's a great filmmaker (even if some people think he's pretentious). Looking forward to his next project which is supposed to be a horror film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Wed May 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Haven't seen most of the stuff, but Antichrist is so fucked up I'd kinda side-eye anyone who non-ironically loved it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 am

I think I saw the opening scene of Antichrist for an idol game once, shit was weird. lol

I haven't seen Nymphomaniac but I've been wanting to. I non-ironically loved Melancholia, but that's ok right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah that I could understand. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Shred wrote:
I was just wondering what the consensus here is? I finally got around to seeing his Nymph()maniac film(s) last week and I loved it (them). I know they wouldn't be for everyone because of the amount of sexual content in it (LMAO at hard Shia Labeouf. Was that real lol? Yes I know I sound like I'm 12 <3), but I thought it was one of his best films!! I can't decide if I liked it better than Melancholia or Dogville though; those two were fantastic. I know a lot of people love it, but I'm not a fan of Dancer in the Dark at all, and Antichrist didn't work for me, but I still think he's a great filmmaker (even if some people think he's pretentious). Looking forward to his next project which is supposed to be a horror film.
I didn't like Nymphomaniac as a whole, but there were parts of it I really enjoyed. I am the opposite of you Dancer In The Dark is one of my favorite Von Trier movies. I also liked Breaking The Waves, The Kingdom and The Idiots. I guess I am not as thrilled with his more recent movies, but I still like all of them to a point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Oh and Dogville was really great too. It is definitely better than Melancholia IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 pm

I want to see Dogville. I saw the one with the talking fox and Melancholia, and both were intriguing but nothing I'd ever watch again. Dancer in the Dark though <3 totally a goddess. I think Bjork makes that one work for me, whereas the other stuff I watched from Lars was like, kinda meh. But Dogville sounds like a plot I would like! And I love Nicole Kidman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   

Back to top Go down

Lars von Trier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1