Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lars von Trier

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shred

PostSubject: Lars von Trier   Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm

I was just wondering what the consensus here is? I finally got around to seeing his Nymph()maniac film(s) last week and I loved it (them). I know they wouldn't be for everyone because of the amount of sexual content in it (LMAO at hard Shia Labeouf. Was that real lol? Yes I know I sound like I'm 12 <3), but I thought it was one of his best films!! I can't decide if I liked it better than Melancholia or Dogville though; those two were fantastic. I know a lot of people love it, but I'm not a fan of Dancer in the Dark at all, and Antichrist didn't work for me, but I still think he's a great filmmaker (even if some people think he's pretentious). Looking forward to his next project which is supposed to be a horror film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Wed May 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Haven't seen most of the stuff, but Antichrist is so fucked up I'd kinda side-eye anyone who non-ironically loved it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 9:41 am

I think I saw the opening scene of Antichrist for an idol game once, shit was weird. lol

I haven't seen Nymphomaniac but I've been wanting to. I non-ironically loved Melancholia, but that's ok right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah that I could understand. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Shred wrote:
I was just wondering what the consensus here is? I finally got around to seeing his Nymph()maniac film(s) last week and I loved it (them). I know they wouldn't be for everyone because of the amount of sexual content in it (LMAO at hard Shia Labeouf. Was that real lol? Yes I know I sound like I'm 12 <3), but I thought it was one of his best films!! I can't decide if I liked it better than Melancholia or Dogville though; those two were fantastic. I know a lot of people love it, but I'm not a fan of Dancer in the Dark at all, and Antichrist didn't work for me, but I still think he's a great filmmaker (even if some people think he's pretentious). Looking forward to his next project which is supposed to be a horror film.
I didn't like Nymphomaniac as a whole, but there were parts of it I really enjoyed. I am the opposite of you Dancer In The Dark is one of my favorite Von Trier movies. I also liked Breaking The Waves, The Kingdom and The Idiots. I guess I am not as thrilled with his more recent movies, but I still like all of them to a point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Thu May 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Oh and Dogville was really great too. It is definitely better than Melancholia IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 pm

I want to see Dogville. I saw the one with the talking fox and Melancholia, and both were intriguing but nothing I'd ever watch again. Dancer in the Dark though <3 totally a goddess. I think Bjork makes that one work for me, whereas the other stuff I watched from Lars was like, kinda meh. But Dogville sounds like a plot I would like! And I love Nicole Kidman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:39 am

I saw Breaking the waves and The idiots when they came out, after that I stayed well clear of anything associated with him. This guy is on a par with Bono with "I've got my head stuck up my own arse" syndrome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:52 am

soco-81 wrote:
I saw the one with the talking fox and Melancholia, and both were intriguing but nothing I'd ever watch again.

I've never gotten to see Melancholia, but I would like to some day. Also, by "the one with the talking fox", are you referring to Fantastic Mr. Fox?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 am

Icarus_Mark wrote:
soco-81 wrote:
I saw the one with the talking fox and Melancholia, and both were intriguing but nothing I'd ever watch again.

I've never gotten to see Melancholia, but I would like to some day.  Also, by "the one with the talking fox", are you referring to Fantastic Mr. Fox?
lol. No he is talking about Antichrist. There is a scene where a fox says, "Chaos Reigns". There is a much more memorable scene from that movie...I can't even get into it though. Horrifying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:38 am

Was it Shia's peep?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:21 pm

I'd post it in a spoiler tag, but I'd probably get banned. lol

I really didn't like Antichrist either, Bobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:24 pm

lol Why would you get banned for putting something in a spoiler tag? Seems like a dumb thing to get banned for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:05 am

bumping for Shred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Cindyfan wrote:
bumping for Shred.
Awwww. that is so nice. Has anyone ever seen the miniseries from LVT called The Kingdom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lars von Trier   

Back to top Go down

Lars von Trier
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1