Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 8:51 pm

85. Christy Smith

Christy is a total enigma. On one hand, she was definitely a very negative, spiteful person in Amazon whose flame may or may not have been fueled by Jenna and Heidi’s insensitivity (lol). She’s never someone who I would ever actively root for because she’s so over the top and kind of a drama queen but not in the fun way. On the other hand, she brought a LOT to Amazon. Jaburu is one of my favorite tribes, and the old, grumpy hags vs. the young, pretty girls was hilarious enough even without Christy in the mix. She was sort of excluded by the younger girls + Deena but it’s not like she was BFFs with Jeanne and Joanna either lol. It’s a wonder she made it as far as she did. I appreciate that the show cast their first ever handicapped person but didn’t make her some OTTP superhero, they showed her feuds and how she rubbed people the wrong way and all that. Amazon was the first season to ever follow more of a “voting bloc” trend than an “alliance A vs. alliance B” trend, and Christy’s flakiness was definitely a contributing factor. Getting “Christy'd" became a term that referred to someone who was too back and forth so one side just decides to boot her (Sarah in Cagayan was probably the most recent example) and that was totally a revolutionary and exciting thing. Aren’t there theories out there that Christy only voted for Jenna to win because she thought that you were supposed to be voting someone out? lol x 100. While not a huge fan of Christy’s personality by any means, I really appreciate what she brought to the show, and Amazon wouldn’t have been the same without her. She was the necessary opposite force to Jenna and Heidi.

84. Jane Bright

Jane is also an enigma. I remember liking her for a lot of Nicaragua because she was so “feisty" and “funny" or whatever, and definitely exceeded my expectations as an older southern lady. I expected another Jan or something. I was wrong about that. Jane totally brought -it- the whole season, but -it- often ended up looking like extremely bitter, petty, spiteful, “I'm better than you” rage, all under the guise of a seemingly nice old lady. Jane was almost like a character in a scary movie in that you thought she was great and friendly and everything in the beginning, but as the story goes on you see that she’s actually kind of twisted, up until she loses it at the very end, scaring everybody away in the process. She’s basically Bathilda Bagshot. I could never root for this sort of fake positivity because she actually got pretty ugly and uncomfortable towards the end, but dang did it make Nicaragua even better. If she’s not too old, I can definitely see her coming back someday, which I would be totally ok with, even though I would be rooting against her the whole time. She’s not a “get off my screen” type of awful, she actually makes the show better. Just not in the way that CBS wants to, of course (fan favorite Rolling Eyes ).

83. Jenna Lewis

Jenna is a very polarizing figure in the online Survivor fan community. Some people hate her because she took a spot on All-Stars that could’ve gone to somebody way better and then she went and took down everybody’s favorites. Some people love her because she took her second chance to be this huge HBIC who didn’t have no time for nobody’s nonsense. I am here to refute both of these claims. Firstly, while I wouldn’t put her on my top 9 women from all of pre-ASS to be must-haves on the season, she made more sense than Alicia (who’s not on my list ^_^), Amber, maybe Shii Ann, and maybe Jenna M. I think someone from Pagong had to be on the season, and since Colleen and Greg apparently declined, she made a lot of sense. Also, who did she take out that people actually cared about? Tina? who cares? Rudy? I love Rudy but he was 76 years old. No way he was going to make it anywhere near the merge. This brings me to the second claim. While I do appreciate that Jenna came out of the gate guns blazing and ruining Tina’s chances before she got too close, after the first two episodes, she kind of faded into a MORN2 background character up until the finale. Now that’s some people’s jam, but it’s not mine. It’s not necessarily her fault that she wasn’t relevant for the entire middle chunk of the season, but it’s hard to view her as epic or anything like that. I did enjoy little moments like her rivalry with Shii Ann and being told that she never shuts up in the coconut chop challenge, because I’m sure she was super annoying to live with. She was definitely at her most intriguing in the finale, which is so bizarre in retrospect since we all know the rules of a tie at F4 now, but she voted Rupert out because everyone thought it was rocks. I wonder what would’ve happened if there had been a fire making tiebreaker. Would Rupert have won? (lol) Would Jenna have gotten a different edit? Would they still have given Rupert a million dollars for no reason? Who knows? Anyway Jenna has had some defining moments that have made her a noteworthy character for all of times and she absolutely made the most of her second shot, but I just don’t care too much about her one way or the other. I doubt she’d ever come back a third time cause doesn’t everyone hate her?

82. Elisabeth Filarski-Hasselbeck

Elisabeth is perhaps the Survivor contestant who is now most well known to the general population for what she’s done since Survivor rather than being on the show. Chase is the only other one who comes close, I think. It’s weird to think that she was totally America’s sweetheart back in 2001 because I think everyone hates her now because she’s so conservative lolol. tbh not a whole lot of her Survivor journey was that epic, though. She was definitely adorable, and in a season where being “nice" and “positive" took you far, she did that role well. She gave good confessionals, had a fairly engaging and dynamic personality, and it totally made sense why she got as much screentime and fan love as she did. I liked her I guess, but she’s not really my cup of tea in terms of who I’d get attached to and root for. Australia was a very weird season so I don’t know what to make of a lot of the characters. One thing that I don’t like about her, though, is how after Jerri got booted, Amber went to her, Nick, and Rodger, and tried to flip on the rest of Ogakor, but she and Rodger were too ~good~ for that type of behavior or something. what.ever. The more I think about that, the more it bugs me. Other than that, though, I don’t really have that many strong opinions on Elisabeth but I really get why she’s a Survivor legend. I’d love to see her come back just because her transformation has been so intense, but she probably won’t ever do that because she’s too famous or because of her celiac disease. lol @ her being gluten free 10 years before it swept the nation. you go gurl.

81. Amber Brkich-Mariano

that into is pretty epic.

pre-ASS slaughter <3 Amber is another person who’s super polarizing but I don’t really have that strong opinions about her. She was a no brainer for including in this list, but I’ll do what I can to muster up enough to write about her. I don’t really get why she was included in the first All-Star cast, but I think she made more of it than Alicia did, and Alicia was only SLIGHTLY more memorable than Amber was in Australia, so I don’t hate Amber for it. I appreciate that she was proactive and tried to take Tina down after Jerri left, because that would’ve been epic. I didn’t root for Romber at all in All-Stars because Rob was so tiresome, but Amber did play a really good game and nobody ever gives her credit for it. She’s the poster child of people who apparently “won by default because of a bitter jury” or whatever, but I think that’s nonsense. Everyone knows exactly how juries operate, everyone knew that she and Rob were in love and wanted to go to the Final 2 together yet she made it to the end anyway, and she saved herself after the super rigged second tribe swap at F10. She’s got more to her credit than like half of the other winners so w/e. She was adorable and fun and <3worthy in both of her seasons of the Amazing Race so I have grown to like her as a person. She was just kind of uninspiring in both of her appearances on Survivor. I like lots of UTRP/MORP borewhores too, but I guess I just missed the Amber train. oh well. I’d actually love to see her play again thought because I’d be so fascinated to see how she’d play as a 30something mom but I think she’s donezo. Either way, you can’t talk about the overall story of Survivor without including her, which is pretty impressive considering she doesn’t have that big of a personality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 9:09 pm

I'm going to be away for the next two weeks so I won't have any new updates until Game Changers is over, probably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 pm

One thing I did admire about Elisabeth was that she was willing to play a little dirty. Yeah, she played America's Sweetheart to the goody-two-shoes on Ogakor, but she acknowledged the ruthlessness required to advance in the game and was probably the second-biggest factor in getting the Ogakor-3 to dump Jerri and Amber (the biggest factor being Jerri of course lol) in favor of her and Rodger. Yeah, she appealed quite nicely to Tina's mentality to stick around so she gets that rep of being one of the goody players, but I always got the sense that Elisabeth knew just what she was doing the whole time and was probably ahead of her time as an underdog player.

Jenna sucked. Fuck that twat.

Jane <3 I'm still one of her biggest supporters. Yeah, Jane was an entitled witch at times, but her hypocrisy and outbursts seemed very real, as ugly as they were. Not everyone gets blindsided and handles it well, nor should they if we want an entertaining show. And Marty was fucking awful and needed to be taken down and Sash always gave me bad vibes so the fact that Jane dumped his game down the crapper in a really underhanded, never-been-done-before way still amuses me... all the while voting for him to make it hard for the show to sweep the controversy under the rug as we know they would've if they could've. Again, yeah she could be vile, but at least she seemed pretty genuine. The show needed more players like this who really really wanted to win and less mactors who made the show pretty lifeless in the last few seasons I saw.

Christy was an amazing underdog, but awful at the game. I agree pretty spot on with your assessment, though I like to give her a bit more credit than to vote for the wrong person at final tribal council. I believe that Deena swayed Christy to vote for Jenna for outplaying them way more than Christy misinterpreting the directions for Final Tribal Council voting, especially considering Christy seemed pretty skilled at lip-reading.

Amber may have played a better game than she is given credit for, but she is still boring and was only ever relevant because Boston Rob was such a polarizing player. I was okay with her winning over him, but it was still a distasteful result though probably more preferable than Jenna L. or Rupert winning. All-Stars was such a miserable season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 pm

I actually have no idea if Christy actually did that, I was just acknowledging the rumors out there. It just seemed super random that she voted for Jenna to win because she swore that she wasn't going to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 10:13 pm

I guess it makes sense to me now, given how close she and Deena were and how anti-Matthew (or pro-woman lol) Deena was. Christy and Deena had a pretty good bond by the end of Deena's run on the show so I'm sure that continued on into the jury house as well.

I suspect at the time, everyone sort of thought everyone was kept hush at the Jury Lodge so using Christy's handicap to excuse her voting for Jenna seemed like an easy assumption to make but I always found it kind of insulting to deaf people who become pretty competent at communicating via eyesight just as we are via hearing. When Ponderosa came out, fans (myself included) sort of realized just how much the jurors talked about the game to each other leading up to the final tribal so it sort of makes me think Deena did A LOT to sway her to ensure that the season had a woman winner in a gender-divided season.

I'd love to see Christy's final tribal council voting booth to settle this conspiracy for once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 pm

I wish they released FTC voting booths more often. There have been so many FTC votes over the years that have just made me scratch my head, and I wish we got an explanation for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 10:19 pm

No kidding, that always bothered me too. I think the only season they ever did was for Cook Islands, right? And that was just because Jeff Probst never bothered to ask during the live reunion who voted for Yul and who voted for Ozzy. lol
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 pm

yeah I think Cook Islands was the only time they did. Nicaragua and China are some of the more intriguing ones to me. I'll never understand why KShinn and NaOnka voted for Fabio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 11:13 pm

I liked Ozzy in Cook Islands, but I hated Yul. Not because of Candice, since I don't like her either, but I totally agree he was a smug douche with an overpowered idol.

You know who IS great from Caramoan though? EDDIE DOG BAR FOX.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Notice that Ozzy is still in this ranking! I don't hate him like I once did.

Eddie was ok I guess. Less offensive than Reynold, obviously, but he was hopelessly incompetent. I was rooting for him by default after Brenda got out but even that was a stretch because there wasn't much to cling to. His showmance with Andrea was cute I guess though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Oh and the quotes are just questioning the INTEGRITY of this list with your choices. Like lol @ Will Sims even making the list, he's not iconic even in a bad way.

But I love reading this even if I disagree with some of your opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm

I will fully own up to some totally random people being on this list (Sarah Jones <3 Lucy Huang <3 Jimmy Tarantino <3) so while the general theme is iconic, most of the people who are borderline are more memorable and noteworthy than iconic per se, and people from recent seasons benefit from being more fresh in my memory. Plenty of people who made the finals aren't on my top 100, and if Will's season had aired 10 years ago instead of 2 years ago, maybe he wouldn't be here.

but I'm glad you're enjoying this <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 12:02 am

Fun fact, Eddie and his dog bar were so popular and the remaining people so not if he made finals he was winning lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 am

I'm just gonna say it, I fucking love Christy. Sista Mark, do you like her too?!? She seems like one you'd appreciate <3. Such a great character, and I love that she was so bad at the game because it was still a much more innocent time and I don't even think Christy was really even trying to play a good game? She probably only saw Borneo <3. Jack, you are so right too that it is amazing she lasted as long as she did because even the guys didn't even seem to like her. I like that Butch treated her like one of his students at his school though <3. Rob really should have took the chance and brought Christy to the final 4 with him. I know she was all "I got the power *shifts around*" but I think he wins if he does. Can you imagine though if she wins those final 2 immunity challenges and takes Matt with her to the final 2? Jack, even if you don't like Christy, you have to agree that it would have been amazing if the two most socially awkward outcasts of their original tribes made it all the way to the end together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 3:19 am

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 am

Jack wrote:
yeah I think Cook Islands was the only time they did. Nicaragua and China are some of the more intriguing ones to me. I'll never understand why KShinn and NaOnka voted for Fabio.

Kelly's reason for voting for Fabio is actually really cute and sweet lol. I guess she was really (and I mean really) cold out there because production only gave her a bathing suit, so Fabio would give her his jacket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 am

Haha Kristy's kids. Epic Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 9:12 am

NaOnka seemed like the type who would like someone one day and then wake up the next morning and completely hate them for no reason. lol So, honestly, I knew her vote could've gone to anybody.

I think Rob would've won if he had kept Christy at the Final Six. I know she was playing the fence and overthinkers like Rob don't like that sort of thing, but I never really felt that it was that great of a move for him. Mostly because it kept a solid twosome in the game at the final five and, in the way my mind works, that only takes one person flipping to turn the tables which is no good. Christy's surprise boot, as flashy of move as it seemed, really only served as a good cautionary tale for new players to heed to if they find themselves stuck in the middle and forced to pick a side.

If Rob was really the mastermind he's given credit for being, he should have told Jenna and Heidi to vote for Christy and then voted for Jenna with Butch and Matthew to make it a 3-2-1 vote. That way he would've broken up Heidi/Jenna and made Christy's vote not so powerful.
Back to top Go down
chaz is scabies

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 am

Christy - Yes she was an iconic character and was placed really well in S6. I'm glad she never returned though.

Jane - What an crazy old hag. Definitely a great casting choice and an annoying person. She reminds me of Rupert in a few ways as well.

Jenna L - I am forever grateful that she help vanquish the hellbeast Tina Wesson. Agreed that she is neither as evil nor as epic as so many people claim though. All Stars was doomed as a season regardless and looking back on the cast I understand why a lot of them were considered All Stars but I don't like many of them as people anyway. It was kind of hilarious seeing so many big names get taken out by the girl who cried when her family forgot to send her a video.

Elisabeth - Yeah she has definitely has gotten the most famous post-survivor. Shame that she turned out to be super republican and on a terrible talk show but lol @ her life journey anyway. Season 2 is just not very enjoyable to me in retrospect and she was a part of the self-gratifying cult so I don't feel too positively about her anymore.

Amber - <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I still find it so hilarious that she even showed up on All Stars and then WON and people would have to regretfully concede that she was actually "best of the best" until everyone realised that returning player seasons were disasters and didn't mean much. Such a beautiful angel <3 LOL @ the DVD commentary for the finale (with Rupert/Amber/Jenna/Rob) where Amber is just trashing Big Tom/Alicia/Lex/Kathy for how terrible they are. I also love how Amber was one of the only ones who was nice to Shii Ann, resulting in Amber winning the final vote and Shii ann getting a car ^_____^ I also really loved Amber in season 2 and she came across as more of a sweetheart to me than Elisabeth did (obviously not from the edit though). Amber is not exactly a great player but she wasn't a moron and didn't make any big mistakes, which probably puts her in the top 25% of people that played in the first two seasons. I also felt very strongly about her in season 2 because she was the victim of Tina and her good person brigade. Amber managed to play a decent game in All Stars too and was randomly good at challenges. She is becoming pretty irrelevant now in the grand scheme of things just because so much time has passed but I look fondly back on the times where she would ignite furious and impassioned survivor debates on forums about whether she was a mastermind con artist or a pathetic leech. Really she is just a bland but nice, normal and beautiful lady <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 am

rofl I totally forgot how seriously people took All-Stars. "these are supposed to be the best players to ever play and then Amber won that season so does that mean we're supposed to think f---ing AMBER is the best player ever?!?!?! *rage*" lol that was the general attitude surrounding her for years. Definitely hilarious in retrospect, seeing as we now have people like Cochran and Tyson who won returning player seasons.

Australia really isn't that great of a season. I get why people found Borneo so magical and revolutionary, and I actually loved Africa for the first half of it and it had the potential to be a top 5-10 season, Marquesas IS a top 5-10 season, but Australia just isn't that spectacular.

Dan, I think I disagree about Rob C. Rob was a revolutionary player and still easily one of the best players not to win, and Jenna stumbled backward into her win. There was no way Matt or Butch would flip to Jenna and Heidi, when Christy was openly toying with the idea. He needed one of the girls to go to maintain his majority, so he actually used the opportunity to win favor with Jenna and Heidi and work towards something that was mutually beneficial (sort of, since Jenna and Heidi lost their shot at a majority). Rob had the game locked up until Jenna won the last two immunities which NOBODY in their right mind would have or could have predicted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Merriska wrote:
Fun fact, Eddie and his dog bar were so popular and the remaining people so not if he made finals he was winning lol

I meant to address this, too. I forgot about the dog bar thing lol <3 that makes Eddie way more likable to me and I do actually wish he won in retrospect. (not enough to make this top 100 sry <3). Him winning would've been way preferable to Cochran, Dawn, or Sherri anyway, but the fact that he would've opened a dog bar ~truly~ would've made the world a better place. what could have been ;__;

also he would've rivaled Fabio and Bob for like the most incompetent winner ever LOL. Jeff and production would've been furious. I think he only voted for the person who ended up leaving like twice all game? and one of those times was in the ridiculous double idol play when Phillip left? stay strong <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 1:24 pm

I guess I'm just playing Monday-morning quarterback here and forgive me for my controversial opinion but I'm giving it... But I never felt like Rob's overplaying was that great of strategy. Keeping a solid twosome so close to the finals over a lonely straggler? Especially when that straggler HATES the solid twosome? I don't know, it never seemed like sound strategy to me. I can't argue that Rob was a flexible player who was willing to change things on a dime which made for a good season (and him a notable player), but on the flip of that coin, he was overly paranoid and made far too many enemies to ever win or even have a shot in a returning season.

That's why I never agreed with the "best player to never win" label that Jeff Probst gave him. Sure, he's an entertaining player but (as All-Stars showed) not nearly as good of player as he's made out to be. I do think he lost the game when he kept Jenna not only at the Christy vote but also the Heidi vote as well. Rob - and the audience - vastly underestimated Jenna who may have wanted to quit but she was also a superfan of the show and the last two challenges up to that point never had much to do with brute strength. It's not like Jenna being an immunity winner came out of nowhere - she had already won two immunities before the fateful Christy vote and Kelly got those two clutch wins way back in Borneo. So, it wasn't impossible for history to repeat itself again.
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 1:45 pm

The nice thing about Australia is that social dynamics aside, it felt like a very difficult season to make it through in terms of survival. The flooding washing away camp and rice, the Michael incident killing morale, the fighting over when to eat chickens, how to cook rice, the beef jerk drama, who got Colby in the reward challenge.... lol... it really seemed to drive home the aspect of survival which always took precedence back then. Sure there was annoying drama, but a lot of it seemed to stem from the fact that it was a miserable location and food was scarce and these fuckers were hungry. Even Jerri's flour tortilla miracle got on people's nerves. :O
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Jenna's two challenge wins prior to F4 were shuffleboard and the coconut chop one, so it's not like she was particularly known for her physical prowess. and she was like on her deathbed, when Heidi was as strong as ever, so it was definitely the right call.

Again, Christy was OPENLY CONTEMPLATING siding with Heidi and Jenna and got all "idk I'll decide at Tribal". That's dangerous to someone like Rob. He got Jenna and Heidi to throw away their shot at a majority. A 3-2-1 split would've been innovative but what he did by booting the swing vote was also innovative and also a totally legit strategy.

I don't hold All-Stars against him. Chapera didn't have any winners so so he was the closest thing there was to a winner, and on a tribe of only 6, he only had so much wiggle room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   Fri May 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Legit strategy indeed, But I still don't think it worked out well for him in the end. Christy actually siding with Jenna and Heidi whom she hated with a passion for 33 days proved to be less likely than Jenna winning two immunity challenges in a row at the end.

I'll agree to disagree on Rob's gameplay, though. Some call it brilliant but I'll always think it was clouded with paranoia and grandiosity in terms of the game. I just never could stand the flavor of the Rob kool-aide... maybe because he reminded me of a friend growing up who would sell us out to the adults whenever our group got into trouble to save his own skin. His type is sneaky and I could always tell that about him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)   

Back to top Go down

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (WOW FINALLY UPDATED AGAIN)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next