Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun May 07, 2017 8:11 pm

90. Tom Buchanan

I’m now realizing how many men Survivor has cast that are pretty terrible in one way or another. A lot of the next 15 or so men are pretty easily interchangeable and not a whole lot separates them, but here’s Big Tom. There are guys ranked ahead of him that have pissed me off more at various moments but when I look at Big Tom’s overall “legacy”, it’s kind of offensive. When I first started watching the show, I found him lolworthy and kind of fun, but upon rewatch and especially in retrospect… he’s not. He’s an incoherent, semi-racist, more-than-semi-perverted, background fodder enabler who made it way too far in both of his seasons and did nothing worth noting, really. I think I’ve watched Africa twice and I really don’t understand why it was necessary to bring him back. It’s not even like Phillip or Brandon where I found it repetitive and annoying to bring him back, I legit don’t get why with Tom. Of all the post-merge characters, he was more relevant than… Kim P? Frank? Clarence? Even Silas and Lindsey were way more relevant to the whole season than he was. He was basically a male Jan Gentry from a more relevant season except he was nowhere near as charming. I feel like he did even less in All-Stars than he did in Africa, being nothing but an extra vote for Rob and Amber up until they disposed of him, and then he gave one of the grossest speeches in probably the most uncomfortable FTC of all time. It’s one thing to be a waste of space enabler one season, it’s another to be said person in two seasons, and it’s enough to bring you all the way down this low to do those things in seasons that had a lot more potential and to have all of those reprehensible traits on top of it all. I’m really glad that the show has seemingly moved on from him forever ever since All-Stars.

89. Will Sims

World’s Apart was a rough, rough season. Having Dan, Will, and Rodney make it to Day 35 or whatever and never really get any consequences for their atrocious behavior/personalities was tough to watch. The reason Will was a few spots higher than the other two is because his terrible was a lot more condensed than Rodney’s and Dan’s. His whole personal attacks on Shirin were absolutely repulsive in every way and he’s probably responsible for one of the most uncomfortable moments in the show’s history, but other than that, he was just a vaguely negative and annoying presence in a generally negative and annoying season. His attacks on Shirin’s personal life and refusal to apologize for any of it were definitely indicative of his character for me, though. That and how he flipped on Joe, Jenn, and Hali (shining lights in a dark season <3) for no reason at all to join forces with one of the worst all the time are enough to bring him this low. When he wasn’t being a MORN2 enabler of terrible people, he was being outright repugnant himself. Definitely one of the worst casting choices in recent years.

88. Scot Pollard

That first shot of his intro is so weird. Has there ever been another intro where they scan up from someone's body until they finally show their face?

Scot (and Jason, who we’ll get to later) was unique in the Survivor lore in that he felt like an actual evil criminal thug from a movie who you’re waiting until he kills your favorite character. Even his laugh was incomprehensibly sinister. From the very beginning when he was a way-too-aggressive bully to the innocent angel soccer player bungee-jumping brawn princess <3 Alecia <3 (RIP) he was so easy to root against. Am I wrong that he was spearheading the whole Darnell boot, too? I may be reading too much into this but when a young black guy makes one mistake in a water challenge and gets chastised for it for being a liability or something, I feel like there has to be at least a little bit of underlying racism there. Especially when he HATED Alecia. Kaoh Rong was a season that was full of incredibly over the top arrogance, and Scot was possibly the most cocky overdog out of them all. Even when his alliance got owned in the Nick boot, he and Jason still continued to be crazy overhearing presences who had just turned into the cockroaches in the refrigerator. The sabotaging the camp made everything super uncomfortable, and their plan to use the super idol had me all sorts of O___________O. I remember feeling a Russell Hantz-esque “please for the love of all things holy let them not be successful”, they were that scary. Thankfully, they were such terrible people that they scared away their own alliance member (lol) and Scot got owned in the most hilarious way as he leaves with an idol in his pocket and waits for Tai to make the super idol and Tai just sits there and goes “sry no…awks”. Scot was a very creepy and kind of gross person who I rooted against the entire time he was on the season but I will say that his rise and fall brought a lot of excitement to the season and his boot was one of the more satisfying in recent seasons, and that alone makes him more tolerable than everyone below him. I would hope we’re safe from him ever returning.

87. Kyle Jason

did the show ever address that his first name is Kyle and why people call him Jason? Is that actually his last name? why are the Kaoh Rong gifs from Google Images so small? what sort of bounty does he hunt? I need to know.

you can’t really separate Scot and Jason that much. While Scot was the big brute with the maniacal laugh, Jason was the henchman who did more of the talking, filling the mouthy, annoying role, while being a literal bounty hunter with tattoos on his hands and neck and eyelids or whatever. It’s almost like some Disney producer cast them for some B-list villains in a movie and then they took a wrong turn and ended up on Survivor. Jason was just as viciously anti-Alecia from the beginning, and I think I hated him more at first because of how condescending it was when he kept calling her “Blondie”. It really is remarkable that she kept her spirits when these two big brutish men kept knocking her down as low as they could at every given opportunity. If only she had made the swap ;_____; anyway Jason eventually became more tolerable than Scot because he lasted longer and then was *really* on the bottom without much to hang onto, and then he became a lot more tolerable. I actually love that they booted Juliantichrist over him at F7, but then he rightly went home at F6 after losing immunity to Cydney, whom Jeff was hating on for the entire challenge. So righteous. I don’t really have much to say about Jason that wasn’t said about Scot except for the editors treated him way differently and I can’t really see why. He had at least four or five OTTP confessionals about his daughter throughout the season, but at the same time, they showed us all of his ridiculously OTTNN moments and didn’t try to cover up how creepy he was at all. I mean props to him I guess for actually being capable of loving another human being, but I really don’t get what the producers were trying to accomplish. I actually think he has a way better shot of coming back than Scot does, and while I would never *choose* that option, I’m not repulsed by it, either. Again, necessary evil that got owned in a great way and ultimately brought good momentum to the season.

86. John Cochran

Part of me (part of me. just part.) feels bad about putting Cochran down with all of these guys because I think Cochran actually is sort of a decent person who would be decently charming at best and vaguely annoying at worst to be around in real life. but good gracious me do I ever wish he never came on Survivor. He started out South Pacific so desperate to be relevant that it was cringe-worthy. There are some people on Sux who refuse to call Fabio by anything other than “Jud" out of spite to him/how dumb that nickname was, even though it’s all he was called while on the show, but I feel like I should’ve done that with Cochran and just called him “John" as a way of refusing to play his stupid game. He straight up told Jeff that he wanted to be one of his favorites so he wanted to be referred to by his last name, which is pathetic, not cute, and he doesn’t get enough hate for that. but whatever. He continued to be a contrived, awkward, cringe-worthy character for all of the season, getting spared time after time for reasons that he had nothing to do with, until finally getting disposed of by the majority once they no longer needed him. Whitney summed it up best when she said “you disgust me.” b/c let’s be real we were all done with him. or so I thought.

Cochran was yet another one of the casting choices in Caramoan that made me want to throw up. He played perhaps the least appealing type of game to me, which is hiding behind awful people and empowering them to be awful to use them as a shield. I was never not dreading his imminent win. After the exciting Phillip boot, he was still very secure. After the exciting Andrea boot, he was still very secure. After Dawn took out the only real threat to win left in Brenda and tanked her own shot in the process, I was DREADING watching the finale and seeing him cruise to victory. His gameplay was effective I guess though since he won Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes The whole season, he continued to be a forced mastermind superman adorable geek or whatever but I still wasn’t buying it. I think part of his whole shtick in Caramoan was that he was one of the sane/stable people in a season full of lunatics who just used them piece by piece until he won. Sure he won the million dollars but I just can’t support that. There are many winners who have been model players in one way or another but Cochran isn’t one of them at all and he never will be. His random cameo on Game Changers makes me fear that he’ll be back again sometime O_______O

Last edited by Jack on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun May 07, 2017 10:16 pm

I remember a time when people felt sorry for Will cuz Survivor OZ kept making fun of his girlfriend/wife(?)'s name. It didn't last long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun May 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Cochran was treated poorly on SP by his tribe. They very much treated him as an inferior being. We just barely got to see it but he did mention it to Coach "Keith has ostracized me so many times" so it was no surprise he flipped. Coach is a smooth talker and played him perfectly. You can't treat someone like dirt and expect loyalty. As Brandon said "don't talk to him like that. That's what you get, for talking to people like that in the first place".

Whitney disgusts me. She was a married woman when she met Keith and openly cheated on her husband with him. Sure they may be married now but that doesn't change the fact she's an adulterer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon May 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Good points since Savaii was a pretty arrogant tribe, but most of the hardcore fanbase on forums tend to hate Cochran so clearly something about him rubs people the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 5:39 am

Good ranking so far! *fist bump*

Catching up on the women:

Natalie Tortellini - agreed that she is a total dud and enabler of boringness but I don't feel too strongly about her.

Taj - she kind of sucks too. I hate people who don't even want to be there. I also dislike people being cast because they are a D-list celebrity or because they are married to somebody famous.

Tina - PURE HATRED! She is one of my absolute least favourites. Also v overrated, which is interesting. The entire narrative about her supposedly being the best social player of all time is my least favourite survivor myth.

Dawn - I hate her too.

Juliantichrist - haha yeah she is terrible but I don't feel strongly about her at all. lol @ her missing instagram.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 5:54 am

Next five men:

Big Tom - *seething hatred* I really think that him, more than almost anyone else, will seem more and more reprehensible as time goes on. He holds a lot of terrible qualities that used to be considered more socially acceptable but now are thankfully looked down upon. Gross and bitter old man.

Will Sims - Him, Rodney and Dan are the worst survivor trio that I can think of when it comes to what the contestants are like as actual human beings. Even without his treatment of Shirin (which he shows zero culpability for to this day) he was already terrible for turning on the no collars and getting no backlash for it.

Scot and Kyle Jason - There have been a few scan up intros but none that look so ridiculous. Agreed about both of these guys, they are really terrible but thankfully their placement in the season worked out really well. There was a scary theory during airing that Jason won, which sort of made sense with all of his OTTP confessionals but really it all amounted to nothing. I think an early version of the cast release had his name as "Kyle" but for some reason everyone called him Jason on the season? No idea what that is about.

Cochroach - LOL @ Whitney's “you disgust me.” It seemed so harsh at the time but is so great now in retrospect considering how much he disgusted everyone by the end of Caramoan. I would have been okay with his existence if he had only played once (because gj @ tanking the games of Ozzy's entire alliance then promptly being voted off) but with Caramoan he shot up to one of my least favourites. Survivor and Jeff need to stop trying to make cochroach happen. He and Tony are the two past contestants that are most desperately forced as survivor legends by production and I hate it. Nowadays all any contestant has to do to get screentime is mention one of the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 6:43 am

Again, if a group of people treat you like a liability, are you going to stay loyal to said people? You don't look at the bigger picture, of how they actally made him feel. I know how he felt, I've been made to feel that way too and there's nothing more you want to do than say a big old FUCK YOU in the face of the likes of Ozzy, Jim asshole Rice and Ken and Barbie there, Keith and Whitney who often flaunted their new found love (gimme a break). Don't you remember that scene of them cuddling and giggling in the shelter, forcing Cochran to the edge and basically out of it? It was pathetic behaviour. Why do people find it so hard to understand Cochran's reasons for screwing them over? He would rather have screwed their chances of winning (and his own) than take the chance of going to 6 and likely getting dumped anyway and then having to sit and watch as the same cunts who treated him like a joke go to the end and win. I completely understand it. Those peopel deserved to lose. Ok they spared him multiple times but that was only because they had others they viewed even lower than himself. He was made to feel like an outcast. Had his team made him feel more involved, more of a team member and not just a number, maybe it would have worked out differently.

There was nothing vile about him in SP, he was a victim of pretty people and douchbags treating him like dirt. The only person who was in any way decent to him was Dawn, because she's a nice person. The other 4 aren't. Caramoan was a diferent story. He found a confidence, which bordered arrogance multiple times with comments he made about others, the very same shit that was done TO him in his first season, he was now doing to others and was altogether less endearing. I didn't like that season and was just glad when it was over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm

I never would've thought that I would have such strong feelings on Juliantichrist but I do. She, Jason, and Scot would all probably be lower if I had watched Kaoh Rong live because the intensity of my hatred for them would've built up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm

90. Danni Boatwright

We’re now entering the portion of the list where I don’t hate the next chunk of women, I’m just… not a fan. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t *hate* Danni, I just hate her as a winner. As a person, she seems pretty cool, laid back, fun to hang out with, etc. She’s someone who would naturally be in the majority alliance in like any context because of her personality, athleticism, and general tendency to blend in. Good for her. She generally had pretty good taste in people (lol @ her potentially shooting her game in the foot by booting Blake because he was so annoying) and bonded with Steph, and maybe even would’ve voted for Steph if she had left in 6th place like she was supposed to. Everything that transpired post-F6 is what leaves me utterly disappointed with her presence on the show, though. We all know what happened. Danni makes it to the F2 with Steph after a sort of unfair final challenge, Steph loses to a really bitter jury and Danni is lauded as some sort of strategic underdog mastermind. I have gotten into so many debates about Guatemala over the years and Danni’s merits as a winner and it’s been exhausting dealing with all of the nonsense surrounding her. The fact of the matter is that Danni’s win was completely disappointing from a gameplay standpoint, from a character standpoint, and for the overall storyline of Guatemala as well. I can’t help but look back on everything Danni did and was in Guatemala and be really disappointed. If she ever comes back for some sort of all-winner season (lol) I hope she goes first just to vanquish these myths forever. ~Steph is the real winner~

89. Kat Edorsson

I think I liked Kat during One World’s airing? I thought she was lolworthy and fun and real and then had a good ending to her arc with her jury speech and that was that. There are very few people who I think did themselves more damage by their second appearance on the show than Kat did. It feels funny to say that because she was a UTR1 nobody up until her boot episode and she went pre-merge, but I stand by it. She came across as very desperate for fame and notoriety and attention, and everybody saw right through it and had no time for her. She got booted, sobbed about how she was so embarrassed and thought Hayden would break up with her because she didn’t make the merge (lol) and then begged him to swap places with her on Redemption Island. The whole thing was super uncomfortable. She loses her first duel, sobs some more, and then is never to be seen again until the reunion show when she makes all of these awkward allusions to her new implants and how she did that so Hayden would stay with her or something? That was even more cringeworthy. I don’t watch the reunion shows much anymore for reasons like that. Her BvW appearance put her whole time in One World in perspective, too. She actually was kind of desperate for attention and notoriety there, too. Her boot TC went from her talking about how blindsides are fun and then two seconds later she’s legit SOBBING because she’s so embarrassed that she got outlasted by Christina and Tarzan. She does gain some points for lolworthiness because she can be such a drunk trainwreck but overall it’s a lot more cringeworthy than funny, and it took her second time coming on for me to realize that.

88. Monica Culpepper

I almost didn’t want to include Monica on this list, but unfortunately she is responsible for “the Culpeppers” being a thing on Survivor, and because that’s her greatest contribution to the show, she’s got to be this low. Monica herself seems like a nice enough person. She’s a chipper stay at home mom who likes to refer to herself in the third person (thirdpersonica <3 go watch that video) who looks sort of like a skeleton from a Tim Burton movie. She was on the outside of the alliance both pre-swap and post-swap in One World, and went home 5th because of it. oh and she was married to some irrelevant former NFL player. So that’s all we’ll ever see of her, right? Unfortunately, no. She continued to be the same nice, boring 40something mom in BvW, with some challenge wins and also occasionally being on the brink of losing it. She had absolutely no business coming back for that season but only came back because of her awful husband and the show tried to make us care about their forced story. yawn. I have no idea at all why the show wants the Culpeppers to be a thing so bad. Monica has been mentioned more times this season than Boston Rob, Russell, and Tony have in all seasons since them combined. That’s what it feels like, at least. I can’t think of a more beige “neat lady” and a more beige white alpha dad to become such a “staple" in Survivor and I hate that. She’s still one of the most pointless contestants ever chosen to return, and I won’t ever see that another way.

87. Jenna Morasca

Shock boot? Back in the day, Jenna used to be SO popular among online Survivor fans back in the day but I never really got it. I mean she was a fun co-host on Survivor Live and she and Ethan were the couple everyone loved forever, but on the show, she sucked. She had moments of being fun and bringing some form of entertainment, but she was perpetually overshadowed by Heidi, Deena, and even Christy among the women. For most of the game, she was very dour and negative, but not really in an entertaining, Courtney Yates-esque way. She was just…there being all mopey and then getting mad at Rob for having the audacity to vote off someone who told him that he didn’t want to go to the end with him. She continued to be a Debbie Downer after that, and in the Heidi boot episode she was so sick and weak and pathetic that she like sort of wanted to quit? Gross. To this day I have no idea how or why she won those last two challenges and then became the show’s first blowout winner. It was really inexplicable and not satisfactory at all, because there were so many way better people than her in Amazon. On paper I guess she’s unique in the Survivor lore as a winner, especially in that era, and I guess I appreciate that she got an edit that showed some of her flaws, unlike lots of winners today, but I still think her winning was a letdown to an otherwise phenomenal season. Also she should not have been on All-Stars and took up the spot of what could've been someone way better, even if her mom weren't sick. Take Jenna away from Amazon and I really don’t think the season loses a whole lot. That being said, I would actually be interested in seeing her again. I know she’s grown up a lot over the past 15 years and I think she’d actually make pretty compelling TV if she were back.

86. Kelly Wiglesworth

Another shock boot? I used to HATE Kelly because she was so anti-gameplay or something lol. I’ll start this off by saying I haven’t seen Borneo in like ten years and I’m sure I would have a different perspective on her if I were to watch it again. She was a necessary force that helped make the first season what it was, and she’s absolutely a Survivor icon, no matter how forgettable her appearance in Cambodia was. I’m just not that into her. I sort of appreciated her anti-establishment attitude in the first season, but she was so back and forth on all of her stances the whole time. I’m sure that she would make a fascinating psychological case study in the first season, but personality-wise, she was always a little dry to me. Even for a hippie rafting persona queen from Las Vegas, I was kind of underwhelmed by her personality and charisma (aka lack thereof). I was always sort of curious to see what she’d be like if she played the game again, but lol @ the notion of her being interesting again. Normally I’d be so pissed at how much a character gets ignored like she was in Cambodia, but I really don’t think she had much business in such a hyper-strategic season. From the very beginning, she made it clear that she had no time for the constant strategizing, and was there for all of the old school players. I just don’t think she cared much at all, so I don’t know what the editors could have done with her? Even in her final words her attitude was “eh w/e I don’t really care about this whole voting bloc shifting thing anyway”. In short, I recognize Kelly’s contribution to the franchise (also: being Survivor’s first Kelly <3) but I just don’t care about her or like her much lol.

Last edited by Jack on Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 4:48 pm

So I was watching Survivor Ponderosa videos for shits and giggles earlier this morning and I couldn't stop laughing when I came to one part in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FJO_srGaI

A lot of the old Hangouters will know why right away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Jack did you hear that Danni got pretty far in casting for Game Changers, but got cut or had to drop out at some point?? Earl did too, but he had to drop out because of work or something like that.
Jenna <33. I heard she's not doing too well lately (or at least wasn't a year or two ago)

That was her YouTube channel in 2015, and she just seems off to me. I hope she's okay!! She also had a falling out with Heidi (tears) and is now friends with Christy <33.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 7:49 pm

I watched a Rob has a podcast 10 yr reunion with a bunch of the cast a while ago. They were all on webcam. There was Jenna, Butch, Roger and Alex. Jenna was acting so weird on it. There were lots of comments about her behaviour. It was sort of awkward in parts. Kept saying inappropriate things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm

ugh if Danni had been on Game Changers that would've been almost as offensive as SIERRA DAWN THOMAS making it. So glad she got cut. Earl, too.

Jenna and Heidi having a falling out ;______; Shrad how did you hear that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Well Jenna's admitted it on various places, said Heidi changed after getting her husband.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm

why, cause she's super rich now or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Heidi was a dick long before she got married Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed May 10, 2017 11:59 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed May 10, 2017 6:46 pm

85. Lex van den Berghe

more overbearing alpha douches woohooooooo -____- Lex might be one of the most aggressively condescending people to ever be on this show. He was basically the exact same person and character in both of his seasons, and that was a very smug, entitled, dry alpha douche who talked to everybody like he was their dad. Did fans like him during either airing of his seasons? I hope not. Let’s start with Africa. Boran was easily one of the most boring pre-ASS tribes to exist and I think he’s sort of to blame for that. He created this elitist fraternity of “good people” who “work hard” and stuff like that, which… no thanks. I’m so thankful that <3 Kelly Goldsmith <3 survived that snoozefest. He then patronizingly boots Clarence for no reason at all other than for the fact that he can, and then when he has the audacity to freak the freak out for someone voting for him? Honestly if Brandon didn’t ruin the season by booting Kelly the next episode (spoiler: Brandon sux) then this move by Lex may have made the season way better, despite the fact that it made him look like a tool. Anyway we all know what happens, Lex makes it all the way to F3 after going on a million OTTP reward trips that take up like 75% of each episode and put me to sleep and then maybe even would’ve won the whole game if it weren’t for the controversial F4 immunity challenge but alas, we were all spared. In All-Stars, I think everyone already knows what a huge hypocrite he proved himself to be, what a huge black hole everything surround him/Kathy/Romber was, and how bitter he probably still is to this day, so I don’t think I need to get too much into that, but he is supremely guilty of the overall grey trajectory of All-Stars. It’s almost like he was trying to squash all the fun out of All-Stars by booting Hatch, Ethan 2.0, and Jerri. Chapera had more duds than Mogo Mogo did, but he was doing his darnedest to make Mogo Mogo just as boring, and he succeeded, I’d say. He is this high because he’s actually capable of creating good momentum, and he’s so bad at the game to the point where he would almost always inevitably get owned. Unfortunately, it wasn’t really that satisfying either time. Also, he makes people like Kelly G and Jerri better, so he’s not a complete waste of space. I would still never root for him under any circumstance and think that he deserves every ounce of hate that he gets.

84. Marcus Lehman

Marcus is a totally different flavor of overbearing alpha douche in that he’s really boring yet still manages to suck up a ton of time. I remember during Gabon everyone was convinced that he was going to win because he had all of these boring “I'm a doctor and such a good person ^_^” confessionals and everyone else was always clamoring at his feet, but in retrospect it’s clear that he was totally getting set up for his glorious downfall. He was the ringleader of one of my least fav alliances of all time, and I think he was the most arrogant, smug, boring, and overly present of them all. tbh I do think that the circumstances around his boot are a little bit suspect but I don’t really care because Gabon was such a hot mess of a season anyway. None of this excuses his incredibly bitter, petty attitude towards Crystal (and the rest of Fang) once she joined the jury. He got outwitted by Crystal because you can’t outwit Crystal Cox, baby, and the extent to which he took it after the game was really uncomfortable. He doesn’t really have that many redeeming qualities except for the fact that he’ll probably never be on the show again, and his downfall was epic, but he doesn’t really have the vaguest semblance of a personality so it’s not like he can take too much credit for the latter. w/e. see you never.

83. Jim Rice

I actually initially didn’t even have Jim on this list because he’s sort of irrelevant, actually, but then I realized I miscounted and needed to add one more person, so I added Jim more because of what he represents than what he actually contributed, if that makes sense. Jim himself was very tiresome and life-sucking, but ultimately an early merge boot from a super irrelevant season, so the scope of him personally wasn’t too bad. He has major ripple effects, though, and they cannot be forgiven. One is the overly contrived “CPN" “masterminds" who are so desperately trying to be the next Russell Hantz, and I take major issue with this archetype for many reasons. A of all, what a gross thing to aspire to. B of all, I hate forced storylines with faker than faux fur people. C of all, the editors eat that up, unfortunately. But most importantly, it’s not good TV. What sucks more is a symptom of all of this, and that Jim is directly responsible for Cochran being a thing. He unnecessarily booted Elyse (and isolated Ozzy lol) for like no reason other than to pull off some mastermind move. This sucked for him because Cochran flipped on them after the merge but also he made Cochran become a thing in the Survivor world and he cannot ever be forgiven for that. I was horrified when I saw the vote reveal for Cambodia where Jeff said that he was one of the producers favorites O__________O I’m scared he’ll come back eventually and be even more forced, desperate, and tiresome than ever before. I hope that never happens.

82. Reynold Toepfer

with the elimination of Reynold, Caramoan is the first season to have its whole debuting cast eliminated from this ranking, since Reynold is the only one noteworthy enough to make the cut LOL. What a dreadful season. Not only was most of the Favorites casting awful, but the fans were either completely plain and generic, really repugnant, or both. Reynold is perhaps the most repugnant of all of the fans. I could honestly start and end this entry by stating that he’s a guy who tries to be an alpha frat bro who does the whole “cool kids clique” thing despite the fact that he’s 34 and his name is Reynold. That gives an accurate enough impression of who he is, but I’ll continue. I had a weird journey with Reynold, and that’s why he’s on this list at all. I was rooting against his ~little four clique~ alliance from the beginning and his atrocious personality was apparent from the beginning, but once they lost power, I started rooting for them, because I also hated Laura/Sherri/Shamar/etc. It was rough. I continued to root for him by default simply because he was with Malcolm and Corinne and against Phillip/Cochran/Dawn/Andrea, but it was definitely just by default. It was during this phase of the game that he was on reward with some other guys, and he presumed the sausage fest to be a safe place to drop the phrase “Hope was the only one worth f—-ing anyway” which -________- I can’t think of an offhand comment in the show’s history that has been more repulsive, and they found it telling enough of his character to actually include it in the show. Once Malcolm left, I couldn’t find it in me to root for anything associated with him any longer, and thankfully he got the Danger Dave Ball treatment of being randomly booted in the first half of a double boot episode so we didn’t have to get too invested in his departure. I really have nothing positive to say about Reynold at all, so it should be telling how abhorrent of a season Caramoan was that I actually rooted for him at times. I hope and pray that the show has moved on from that season forever. For once they seem to have made a good choice in which season they want to leave in the past O__O

81. Yul Kwon

*sigh* where to even begin with Yul. His win is far and away the one whose legitimacy is most questionable out of any winner ever, but I guess I can’t fault him too much for that personally. Finding the idol on Day 5 or whatever made it almost impossible for him not to make the Final 3, so we were always bound to have a season full of Yul. It’s also not his fault that the producers, um, interfered, the ways that they did that also worked to his benefit. What I can hold against Yul is the despicable elitist “good people” cult mentality that oozed out of the entire Aitu 4. There have been a few different cult-is alliances in the history of Survivor, and the Aitu 4 is possibly the worst. The specific instances are too numerous, but some examples include “1-2-3 CANDICE!!” when saying who they’re sending to Exile, getting offended at Parvati and Adam for trying to campaign against the Aitu 4, and the smug, elitist vibe that just oozed of out him into the rest of his alliance. I’m sure he had other awful moments scattered throughout the season that I would see if I were to ever rewatch (lol). He was even judgy towards Cao Boi for like, having the audacity to have fun or something. idk. I think the general consensus is that he sucks and I don’t think he’s ever been super close to coming back so thankfully I don’t have to do a longer, angrier write-up, because it seems like we’ve been spared forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed May 10, 2017 7:38 pm

It's really confusing to me how you can dislike someone like Yul for supposedly being arrogant, yet you can love people like Sandra who openly calls herself The Queen and constantly comes out with arrogant remarks. Genuinely curious lol. Can you explain?

Yul wasn't a douche by any means. There was the odd comment, but Candice betrayed them. She and Jonathan jumped ship so "1, 2, 3, CANDICE" was absolutely deserved. That was directly because of her actions. The aitu 4 were brilliant in what they did, to go from 8-4 down to take every one of them out. The reward wins, the immunity wins, flipping Jonathan. It was brilliant play. The only down side to that season was the super idol, which basically gave him a free pass. You're forgetting Adam/Parvati/Candice (I forget who exactly) telling Yul they would hold him responsible if they left before Jonathan, essentially trying to bully him into getting rid of Jonathan before them. I know Adam was certainly there, saying that if Jonathan doesn't go before us, you will lose our votes. It's like go fuck yourself. Adam was a real douche and Yul handled that situation well. A good winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu May 11, 2017 12:16 am

you totally would.

Yul is dry, smug, and bland. Sandra is freaking hilarious and brings life with her everywhere she goes. She has no time for anyone's BS and is one of the most naturally and relentlessly entertaining people ever. They're like polar opposites.

I'm not getting into this Cook Islands debate again lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 am

Danni - Agreed about everything! You forgot to mention that she is a hologram and never existed but yes if the hologram returns for another season I hope it loses immediately. She essentially bought immunity at the F6 auction without even realising it. Then Rafe begins catastrophically overplaying and tanks Steph's game in the process and Danni emerged from the rubble to be painted as a master strategist. LOL @ the "ohh but she did all of her strategising OFF camera, that is why she is so good!" excuses that always come up in Danni debates. NO.

Kat - Yeah she is definitely a drunk trainwreck. I find her lolworthy but also feel embarassed for her.

Monica - omw she DOES look like a Tim Burton character. Agreed that she is a pointless returnee. lol @ her face when Candice was yelling at Brad.

Jenna - I really don't have strong feelings about her. She was a brat on amazon and seems like she had to do some serious growing up after the season. I would be interested in her threepeating (if we had to have more threepeaters). I mainly appreciate her as a part of the puzzle that made up such an iconic survivor season, but wish Rob C had won.

Kelly Wiggleworm - Definitely an annoying and wishy washy flake who didn't -get it- in season one. LOL @ her botox return to survivor S30 though. Such a strange creature.

Last edited by survivorisdabest on Thu May 11, 2017 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu May 11, 2017 7:05 am

Lex - Horrible and hypocritical douchebag, agreed with this low ranking. I disagree that he made Jerri better though, she sucked up to him so much for the entire season and he ended up tanking her game pointlessly. It was a depressing mark on Jerri's legacy.

Marcus - BYE FELICIA

Jim Rice - I almost forgot how terrible he is. I hope we never see him again.

Reynold - Caramoan was truly a terrible season so good riddance S26.

Yul - He is the Danni of male winners in my books. Totally boring a dull person flukes their way into the finals and wins by default due to the actions of others. I wouldn't mind his existence if it weren't for his win either, which speaks volumes about how disappointing he is as a winner. I also hated the Aitu 4 so very much and at the time very few people weren't in love with them so my Yul dislike has stayed strong.
Also sidenote: Game changers Ozzy >>> Micronesia Ozzy >> SoPa Ozzy >>>>>>>>>CI Ozzy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Interupting this "list" to say HEIDI FOREVER AMG <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu May 11, 2017 7:46 pm

why the quotes, Cheyray?

Heidi <3

I guess Rupert was more influential to Jerri's All-Stars journey but idk I guess I'll save more of my thoughts on All-Stars Jerri til when she comes up.

Kelly Wigglewart's Cambodia appearance was so strange. I kept trying to figure out if she was the same person that was on Borneo/was a person at all.

I wish I could retroactively bump Monica down a spot after her appearance on last night's episode smh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu May 11, 2017 8:51 pm

new page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   

Back to top Go down

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next