Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Still reading <3 hope all is well everyone.

I am a huge Kass fan. Like if my fandom weighed something it would probably weigh like 8 tons I don't even know if that's a lot but it'd be very fat.

I kind of don't mind much about hash tags and camera awareness. At least she used the camera for a good purpose unlike Josh Canfield who I will rant on in a minute. But I guess that all goes back to preference. At this point I hope people are aware of the cameras but I see what you are saying, Josh. Hash tags in general are lame and I don't blame Kass for that. I think it goes with her "trial by ambush" strategy in real life as a lawyer so maybe that's why I never allowed it to connect and bother me. I think she's such a breath of fresh air and like I mentioned somewhere, if you view Cagayan Kass-centrically all of her moves are justified. Probably the only thing she did that bothered me was flipping the bird to Trish. Kass teeters a fine line of ridiculousness, definitely, no denying that, but omg she's awesome.

I kind of died a little when I saw Denise was eliminated. Sad Such a goddess. I put it in my top 5 so you know why.

Josh Canfields
Wasn't SJDS so fabulous though? It totally had us eating that edit up thinking Josh and his 649 confessionals were going to win. LOL so much at him being blindsided at the merge. Goes without saying, my LEAST favorite Jury Foreman. He doesn't even fit the bill either he's extremely dull so much so that the typical jury foreman edit doesn't even give him a boost. Like Kass he's someone who was obviously camera aware and literally said NOTHING the entire time he was there. He talked so fucking much and I don't remember anything he said.

Reed <3

I'm sorry I haven't posted my thoughts on the Game Changers finale. I'm truly still processing it. I mean....for all intents and purposes it was actually the worst. Those 3 were despicable people but Sarah's gameplay was fierce. It's hard to process. Sandra Sad so much to be disappointed about. And ew @ Herbivores vs Homeowners vs Hookers or whatever the heck it is that's the theme next year.

stay strong and keep ranking <3 I will eventually make my twin peaks thread for me and tommy too lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:30 pm

And when it comes to Lex...I will be the first to point out what an asshole he is. Main exhibit, Clarence at the merge boot. "I need you to let us all vote you out UNANIMOUSLY cause you're going to win all the ind imm necklaces" aka gtfo so I can be the only one winning shit and don't anybody dare give poor sweet Clarence a sympathy vote (gj T-bird). I mean what a dick. What he did to Kelly was a dick move too. Making her swear on her deceased brother was icky. Same with Jerri, Ethan, probably Colby and Hatch in Allstars. They all had their game lives invested in Lex and he burned them. I enjoyed his sensitive side a lot though. He's definitely a deep person and though most of that depth seemed full of vinegar on the show I still enjoyed his presence. He tends to contradict himself a lot and loves to immerse himself in moral dilemma more often than not without actually looking in the mirror but I feel like that's a quality a lot of us have so it makes him likable for me. I enjoyed him in Africa mind you, and not Allstars. His edit is pretty rich. Lots of layers. It's mainly villainous, very human, very conflicted. And like Kelly says he's constantly politicking for a win and watching him make spoons for Tom while talking in his Dad voice does get super annoying <3 I absolutely hated him when Africa first aired but when I rewatched, I was truly fascinated by him (while still kind of hating how he treated people) and I honestly felt sad that I had hated him so much. Very neat guy. He's like Jerri is in Australia. I've chat with him on fb as well and from what I observe, he's very nice and sweet to fans. I tend to not dabble in Allstars discussion these days. There's just too much personal drama in that season and I feel like it's corny at this point. More and more as the seasons go on I find myself just dismissing that season altogether. It's such a shit season. Imo. I find it so hard to watch.

I talked about my opinion of Kathy with you and Tommy on the old Hangout. I definitely sensed a different side to her when I viewed the seasons with a different mind set. Lex though, no. I feel like he's slightly misunderstood if you can look past his bitterness and obsession with lies/friendship. His soul shines, for me anyway. Kathy's a bitch. Ace gameplay though, to this day one of the greatest, but that's another post <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 pm

lmao herbivores vs homeowners vs hookers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:38 am

Thanks for checking in Chaq <3 your contributions are always appreciated

I -get- the Kass love and would never really fight it, but I just never really felt it with her. Loving her makes a lot more sense than Denise. Kass just isn't my cup of tea. Denise is only great on paper. maybe I'm wrong and should watch Philippines again but Denise in real time isn't that exciting.

SJDS <3 such an amazing season. I can't wait to get to some of the higher up people from that season in my ranking because it was so fun.

I still don't really get loving Lex but I agree that he's quite the interesting person who has more layers than most people probably give him credit for and would probably make a great psychological case study. Doesn't make him any less insufferable

I think I've commented in other threads about Heroes vs. Hammockers vs. Hungry Hippoes or whatever but it's so dumb that every season needs to have a stupid gimmick. remember when the big hook for a new season was the location?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:20 am

Hi Cherry <3 hope your summer is going good. Smile 

And yes I miss when the gimmick was the location! I don't even know where the locations ARE anymore lol. I think Cagayan is the last one I remember being prominent? Are they like, perpetually in Fiji now?

Denise <3 <3 <3 yeah I'd be interested to see what you thought on a rewatch. I only appreciated her more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 am

65. Sash Lenahan

Doesn’t Chaz love Sash? or am I just assuming that because Sash is the biggest cyborg lesbian to ever walk the planet since Scout Cloud Lee herself? who knows. I never really knew what to make of Sash. So he’s totally a central figure in the season, with key ties to Brenda, NaOnka, Chase, and Jane that fuel a lot of the drama, conflict, and strategic momentum of the season. Episode 2 was one of the best episodes of the season, and a lot if it is because of how the “minority alliance” (lol) of Sash, Brenda, and NaOnka formed as a counter to Shannon and Fabio and what not. Can you imagine how awful the season would’ve been if Shannon’s group were in the majority of the young tribe? O___O so gj Sash for good taste in people. BUT on the other hand - Sash was kind of boring. I think the robotic lesbian type can be funny if you look at it that way, but Sash was among too many stars for me to pay that much attention to him. Even though he was tied closely to the biggest, most entertaining characters of the season, I don’t remember him doing anything in his own right that contributed to great moments from the season. Then on the other other hand, Sash was kind of low key really creepy and maybe awful and sociopathic person? who offered to help Jane pay her mortgage and totally broke the rules but the show tried to cover it all up? Has anyone found out what really happened with that whole fiasco? Either way, Sash ruined the endgame of Nicaragua because it forced the producers to make it a jumbled mess. Were the jurors actually forbidden from voting for him or did they just hate him that much because he’s a robot? The world may never know. I think Sash is definitely a unique creature in Survivor history and he definitely made a splash on one of my fav seasons but there is too much murky and/or boring stuff for me to ever get behind him. Maybe I’d appreciate his cyborgness more upon rewatch.

64. Andrew Savage

Let me start off by saying that if Savage were in your bottom 5 of all time, I would not fight you on it. He’s a smug, elitist alpha douche who’s probably completely insufferable in real life. He deserves every ounce of hate that he gets. THAT BEING SAID, I actually totally appreciate Savage as a character, he’s the perfect type of person to root against, and I think he’s unintentionally hilarious. This guy is so obsessed with being the alpha it makes him completely blind to the fact that he’s asking for people to revolt against him. He did kind of get screwed by the Outcast twist, but I’m pretty sure he had it coming anyway. He made being livid a thing way before Amanda did. His responses to Sandra tearing down the shelter, the carry your weight challenge, the Outcasts coming back, and Jon in general were all awful of course, but my goodness was it hilarious to see this 40 year old alpha dad lawyer throw these fits. The fact that he got owned by freaking LILL of all people is really too good to be true. I’m actually glad he got voted back for Cambodia. We all knew it was inevitable, so I’m glad it happened with other people who needed second chances, not like Heroes vs. Villains or anything like that. He was pretty much the exact same guy in Cambodia, even though 12 years had passed. He apparently  learned nothing from his past mistakes, and made himself even more of the alpha, which was asking for his own downfall even more than the time before. Original tribes mean almost nothing these days with the constant swaps and everything, but of course Savage is the one to champion the whole “Bayon strong” thing. I’ve heard some argue that his comeuppance wasn’t satisfactory since he got idoled out of the game, but I would disagree. He lost to three young “weak" women who weren’t “worthy" in his eyes at all, and it was totally avoidable if they hadn’t been so arrogant as to not split the votes, which they had just successfully done the TC before. “At least you made the jury” <3 Honestly I could see Savage playing again and I would take him over the Brad Culpeppers and Tony Vlachos’ and JT Thomas’ of the world any day of the week because I’m sure he would get owned by some “weak" woman whom he won’t give the time of day yet again. I’m here for it. but he is totally insufferable and I’d never root for him so that’s why he’s this low.

63. Mike Holloway

I hated Mike for most of Worlds Apart. His voice and general demeanor were so grating that I could hardly stand to watch him. His good old country boy schtick isn’t cute, and in a normal season I would’ve hated him 10x more. I was waiting for so long for him to get voted out, up until he kicked himself out of the majority lol. Then all of a sudden I found myself rooting for him, because Dan/Rodney/Sierra/Will were so horrendous that I had to root for any shred of resistance they had. So he became much more tolerable. His stupid little smirk after Shirin left but “Dan got two votes! ^_^” was lolworthy. Him constantly being over the axis of awful was refreshing, even though the way he did it wasn’t that special. I love that he forced a tie between Rodney and Carolyn at F4 even though he probably would’ve won unanimously against Will and Rodney. I kind of hate that another one of Jeff’s golden boys won, but there weren’t really any better options by the end of the season. I don’t know what more to say other than World’s Apart was truly a trash season. I can’t believe a season was so bad it forced me to root for Mike Holloway for the last third of the season. but here we are.

62. Zeke Smith

Zeke is tiresome. He is a good narrator, yes. He does seem like a genuinely great person in real life, yes. He did handle all of Jeff Varner’s nonsense with a ton of grace and class, yes. but my goodness he is tiresome and I wish he didn’t come back for Game Changers. He was a pretty fun character for most of MvGX (I hate that acronym btw), being sort of the outsider, but a fun and upbeat one, not a perpetually mopey one. The Millennials tribe totally needed his flavor. He was an interesting player who for the most part brought good momentum right up until the F10 episode. He got so cocky and annoying once he thought he was in power. Zeke is living proof that power positions in Survivor do not look good on everybody, even when they’re otherwise ok people. I’m so glad that Will (who I HATE but didn’t make this top 100) turned on him because he got too cocky. He handled his boot pretty well though, and I wish that was that. We saw even more of his desperate power-hungry side in Game Changers, and not much of his better side. It was kind of pathetic to see him scrambling so much just to be the one to make a move after the merge came around. The whole thing made me really annoyed that they brought him back for a second time so soon, because he clearly had nothing new to contribute. I never thought that I would be rooting for Andrea Bulky to beat him, but I was so happy when she did. I fear that he’ll come back again someday, too, and probably will have learned nothing. Tommy put it best once when he said that Zeke is probably an undercover CBS employee who’s super camera aware and just trying to promote Survivor’s brand. The audience ate it all up because the producers wanted them to Rolling Eyes Zeke has his enjoyable moments and isn’t an inherently bad thing for the show, but if he were to come on again, I could see him dropping like 20 spots.

61. James Clement

James is one of the most random fan favorites the show has ever seen. If you look at him on paper, he hasn’t really done much. He’s a really big Black guy who’s a gravedigger for a living, got voted out with two idols, got medevaced twice sort of, and gave funny confessionals sometimes. That’s about it. Yet he played THREE TIMES and the only new thing he showed was his OTTN aggro rage against Steph in HvV and that was atrocious. We saw glimmers of it with how he treated Peih-Gee in China and Eliza in Micro, but it came out full force against Steph, and that was not cool. He would honestly be 15ish spots higher if it weren’t for HvV. Because up to that point, he was a semi-entertaining, mostly harmless background character who was never any real threat at winning or soaking up too much airtime. He was actually a pretty decent character in China, too, and there was a ton of momentum around him. HvV tarnished my view on him forever, though, and I was already kind of over him being brought back for a third time playing. It’s been seven years and he hasn’t made another appearance, and I hope he never does again. He’d just be a waste of space at that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:02 pm

As far as I know, the Sash thing is still a mystery. The jurors have said that they were allowed to vote him and just thought he was a dick, but if they were told they couldn't it's not like they would come out and say it so...

Mike lol. For a while I thought his voice randomly changing so much had to be them piecing segments together, BUT THEN IT HAPPENED MID-SENTENCE LIVE ON THE REUNION. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:56 pm

So much grossnessssss in that write up (people not your write up lol). Except for Sash
Spoiler:

And yes I am a huge fan. He's a goddess. I reallyyyyyy couldn't tell you WHY I like him though. Razz 

I think it was all of the awkwardness he caused?

Ugh Mike
Totally agree about Zeke. I'm completely embarrassed for even mildly liking him.

Sandyvadge Savage does bring the bitter bitchy greatness to the table but it's usually insufferable while its airing. He's usually someone that you can appreciate in retrospect as a completely ridiculous character. He always seems hung up on "*insert tribe name* strong" when it's SUCH a hilariously outdated strategy. It's not 2003 anymore, gurl. At least you made the jury <3 <3 <3

James Clement HATE he was so awful to Stephenie Sad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:08 pm

That time Savage starts talking about how he met his wife and then breaks down crying and you think he's going to say she ended up dying in some horrible way like a crash, but it's just because she's so hot Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Savage is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. I think if he affected the outcome more of both of his seasons I would have hated him more, but he left in an awful way both times, and is sorta ridiculous and lulzy so it's hard to hate him. I think my least favorite thing about him was the way he treated Lil and Skinny Ryan during his first season, and my least favorite moment of his was in the first episode of Pearl Islands when he approached the girls about voting out Ryan and he was playing with the cocunt acting like such a smug douchebag. I'm pretty sure he still thinks he's part of phi alpha delta or whatever. lol what was with that beanie hat he wore in Cambodia too? Forever young <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Thoughts on this installation:

I always thought Sash was kinda hot. Also, I am srsly convinced that Purple wanted to vote for him, and they made her vote for someone else. She was the only one to ask him questions and stuff, from what was shown anyway.

Savage is lolz douchetastic. Also, his hat <3 he looked so stupid wearing it. I have the same hat btw, and I wear it better <3

RobFilmZZZ does an amazing Mike Holloway impression.

Zeke is the worst, mostly for reasons you stated, and also, he was mean to David.

James <33333333333333333333 he was so entertaining. I DON'T CARE IF HE WAS MEAN TO STEPH, STEPH IS THE FUCKING WORST AND YOU AND TOMMY NEED TO GET OVER IT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 pm

also, SHRAD idk if that was a typo or what, but I am legit lulzing at COCUNT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Shrad <3 I'm glad you see it about Savage too. He's terrible of course but it's entertaining.

Chax I knew you loved Sash. I totally get it, he's your type. If you and I ever live tweeted through Nicaragua I could see myself ~opening up~ to him.

Cheyray did you ever even watch Palau or Guatemala? I can't remember

thanks for all the comments guys <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:47 pm

I watched the first half of Palau, til all of Steph's tribe was gone and it got boring lolz. She was fine in that season, but like, her being fine in her first season is not enough to warrant THE MASSIVE OBSESSION y'all have with her, nor does it excuse her being a raging cunt in the following season (I haven't seen, but I have heard that from 4587346 sources) or just being obnoxious in HvV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Stephanie's epic FTC fail where she manages to insult the jurors by accident Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:57 pm

omg loving the write-up but I also spit out my water laughing @ "ew @ Herbivores vs Homeowners vs Hookers or whatever the heck it is that's the theme next year."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:24 pm

I will address all of this Steph hate in due time but good thing this is my ranking ^_^ Steph <3 5ever
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:34 pm

65. Lisa Whelchel

I’ll say right off the bat that I think Lisa could benefit a lot from a rewatch. During the whole time that Philippines was airing, I never knew what to make of her. Is she an emotionally unstable older woman, is she a strategic beast, is she an alpha mama bear, is she a jury threat, is she a goat? I feel like it changed every episode. She was also unique in the world of Survivor D-list celebrities in that she was instantly recognizable to the older people, but the younger people had no idea who she was. Apparently she was a pretty big deal back in the day (right, Mark? Shrad? I wouldn’t know) so that added another interesting layer to her journey. Philippines was a very different season for a few reasons, but one of which is that Tandang was essentially a second Koror, but the three tribes/dissolve kind of lessened the effect of it. So Lisa was all over the place from bottom to top to swing before the merge even hit, but once the merge hit, she did prove herself to be at the center of everything. Even though she totally sided with Pete/Artis/Abi for the first three votes after the merge, she jumped that sinking ship and ended right up in the good graces of the other side, which is pretty impressive. I sort of get why she lost, but on the other hand I don’t get why it was such a landslide. Like she was with Artis even through his boot, she was easily the nicest to Abi out of all three finalists… idk I don’t care that much. It’s just interesting. I was never super invested in Lisa’s personality but I do think her journey was objectively fresh and dynamic, because she’s a genuinely nice person who was wrestling with betraying people she liked, going through an identity crisis because she’s been in the spotlight her whole life, and wasn’t she going through a divorce at the time on top of that? That’s all pretty raw stuff and she put it all out there, which is actually one of my fav attributes in a contestant. I feel like I -should- like Lisa because I definitely appreciate her contributions, but I just never cared too much. idk. I could see her jumping 30 spots if I were to rewatch Philippines and I could also see her staying exactly where she is. I would be totally down to see her come back for another season. Who knows if it would ever happen, but I think she’s earned it.

64. Hannah Shapiro

why is Google Images only giving me a cropped gif of her?

I initially had Hannah 10-15 spots higher than this, but in retrospect I actually don’t have that strong feelings about her. I have a bunch of random thoughts about her that I can’t really find the urge to string together. In the beginning of MvGX, I thought her shtick of being the neurotic young millennial was kind of tired, but she grew on me as the season went on. She became more confident in herself and her game, but still had traces of her neurotic early days. I appreciated how she turned on Zeke when he got too big for his britches. I appreciate how she tried to keep Adam in his place when he got too big for his britches. I appreciate how she was tight with Michaela and was just as traumatized as everyone should’ve been when Michaela left. I think it’s respectable that she was on the right side of every post-merge boot, which nobody else could say. I don’t really get why she got zero votes other than Adam’s sob story. I think she seems like a cool enough person in real life, and I could see her hanging in similar-ish circles as me if we lived in the same city (she’s my age). I don’t know if she’d have made the top 100 cut if her season didn’t just air, because I have no idea how well her appearance on MvGX would age. MvGX was a weird season because I think it was a good season that I enjoyed pretty much the whole time, even though there weren’t that many contestants who I cared too much about. Hannah is a prime example of that. I appreciate what she contributed to a good season, but I don’t care too much about her personally to say more than what I’ve already said or rank her higher than this.

63. Vecepia Towery

Vecepia is one of the show’s most forgotten winners, which on one hand I get. She didn’t come from a super popular season, her gameplay, though quite impressive, wasn’t necessarily flashy, she’s got a quieter personality, and comes from a Final 2 that wasn’t very flashy. Kathy was the “star" of Marquesas, so the show gave Vecepia and Neleh the random leftovers treatment. Vecepia was the most subdued personality from her main alliance with Rob and Sean, and was possibly the most subdued from her Final 5 alliance, with Paschal as a possible exception. On the other hand, it’s not really fair that she’s as forgotten as she is. Survivor was still HUGE back in 2002, she was the show’s first ethnic minority winner (and still the only Black woman to win), she was part of a monumental shift in gameplay, and she played a really good game. If Marquesas and Australia had switched spots for when they aired, I’m convinced that people would view Vecepia the same way they view Tina, Tina would be forgotten, and the series would be better for it. We didn’t get that, which isn’t really fair to Vecepia. She was a super proactive player, who worked all her angles up until the very end. She’s still the only person to successfully negotiate a F2 deal in the midst of a challenge. I’m not the most invested in Vecepia’s personality, although she did have some spark in her (“Sarah's got a great body… I’m sure she paid a lot for it” lol savage), and she was part of one of my fav tribes ever in Maraamu (the original fun tribe <3), so it’s not like she was a total bore, either. I always liked Vecepia, I really like her as a winner for one of my favorite seasons, and I think she doesn’t get enough credit for her contributions to the series as she deserves. I don’t love her, but I’ve got a ton of respect for her, so here she is.

62. Trish Hegarty

I think Trish was my favorite during Cagayan for most of its airing, which seems very random in retrospect. I still think Trish had a ton of things going for her. First off, she’s like a 50something 90-pound cougar-ish, potty-mouthed mom from Boston who’s on the Brawn tribe, which is hilarious. She was destined to be noteworthy. She had very loud feuds with Kass and Lindsey, and drove Lindsey to the point of quitting LOL. That’s kind of epic. Despite being really rough around the edges, Trish was actually a brilliant social player. She singlehandedly secured her side the majority in Sarah’s hilarious boot by appealing to Kass’ desires rather than trying to convince Kass to be their #6 or something. She also talked Jefra off the cliff from flipping and forcing a tie after the LJ boot, even though Tony totally would’ve deserved it if she had flipped. Trish was constantly cleaning up after Tony’s sloppy gameplay and smoothing out his rough edges, and I’m sure she would’ve demolished him in a final vote, and I would’ve been so there for it. Her FTC speech was super raw and real, and easily the most memorable part of the whole finale. So Trish was totally a badass and I think she was superior to Kass and deserves the reputation more in like every way except she wasn’t as articulate. Now why is she this low? She not only enabled Tony, she basically paved the way for him to win and get this stupid reputation that he has now, and she let herself get in a position where she was disposable. Cagayan was way worse because of Tony’s success, and I think Tony winning is really bad for the series, and Trish is debatably most to blame for this (between her and Woo) other than Tony himself. So even though she had a lot of redeeming and entertaining qualities, I can never fully endorse her because of her negative impact on this show I love. I’d love to see her come back and redeem herself and free herself from Tony’s shadow the same way Sarah did, because I think she could do it. but for now, she’s stuck here at 62.

61. Baylor Wilson

LOL @ Baylor’s existence. Let it be known that she is probably super annoying to be around and Reed was not wrong in the slightest when he called her a brat. I hated her for a lot in the beginning because she was so annoying and she flipped on Nadiya, and she got more airtime than all of the other Coyopa women combined, but she slowly started to redeem herself throughout the season. The first glimmer of hope was when she had no time for Josh’s nonsense when he voted for her. A weaker/dumber woman would’ve stayed as his sidekick and never left, constantly enabling his awfulness, but she kept their reign of terror short lived. Then again when the merge came around, she stuck with The Right People even though she didn’t know any of them other than her mom, even though Josh pulled the whole “I saved you, you owe me one vote” nonsense. She had no time for that and voted him out first LOL. you go gurl. She continued to be the perfect beta for Natalie for the remainder of the post merge, sometimes even coming off as closer strategically with Natalie than she was with her own mother. Baylor was honestly probably the reason that Missy stuck it out and went along with the Jon boot, because I don’t know if Missy would’ve done it if nobody who was very familiar with her history to coach her through the process. so gj Baylor you saved the season. Even when Baylor got brutally kicked to the curb by Natalie once she wasn’t needed anymore, she wasn’t even bitter about it, which is actually really cool, especially for a 20 year old. Baylor wasn’t taken seriously by most people all season, but she never really let that get the best of her, and she kept doing her thing. It’s amazing that she made it all the way to Day 37, because 8 times out of 10 she’s got pre-merge boot written all over her. Baylor played the perfect role in one of my fav seasons, definitely made the season better, and I would actually love to see her come back. After writing this, I wonder if I ranked Baylor too low because I’m surprised that I have way more positive things to say about her than negative, but she’s still a brat and was never a true shining star, so I’m content having her here at 61.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:04 am

Baylor is slightly rolling her eyes in her intro, which is the same face I made when I saw she was ranked better than the other ladies in this segment! I didn't really hate her like a lot of people do, but still, meh.

Trish and Hannah though <3 I am glad someone else appreciates them both. I was majorly sad that Hannah didn't get any votes, especially since she did so well at final tribal in my opinion. I always liked Trish too. I don't totally get your MASSIVE SEETHING HATRED of Tony though. I ASSUME IT'S BECAUSE HE HAS A PENIS XOXO I SAID IT. You totally hate 90% of male survivors <3

I'm kinda meh on Lisa Blair. ABI MARIA FOREVER THOUGH <3

edit: I didn't watch Vecepia's season, but your writeup made her sound really good! Either you or Merriska, tell me more about this final two she made mid-challenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:17 am

you're not the first person to insinuate that I hate men on this show and I'm sure you won't be the last, either. I will admit that I do prefer Survivor women to Survivor men, but the show treats them very differently. I don't know if there's ever been a season where women had more confessionals than men, and the people who Jeff hypes up are men 95% of the time. When the show tries to force a character down our throats it makes it harder for me to appreciate them. Even Cirie, who won't show up on this ranking for a long time, wasn't as enjoyable when Jeff kept trying to make her into some OTTP inspiration. The show also likes to reward men who are terrible by giving them a ton of airtime and bringing them back a bunch of times, when the women who are terrible usually don't come back. Part of the reason I separated men and women for this ranking is because it would be so tough to rank them against each other since the show treats them so differently. Tony is legit awful though xoxo <3

I won't fight anyone who hates Baylor but I think her role in the season was hilarious. The whole narrative surrounding her was always "is Baylor annoying af or is she annoying af" which is so funny because she kept doing her thing.

I forgot about Hannah's FTC performance and how she was dragging Adam around by a leash until he started crying about his mom. She deserved better.

So the final immunity challenge of Marquesas was the one where you keep your hand on the pole while standing on rocks until you fall or you take your hand off the pole. Kathy fell off first, and then Vecepia immediately turns to Neleh and says "I'll step down if you take me to the Final 2" and Neleh agrees. Stuff like that is probably part of Jeff's argument for why the F3 is better, but Vecepia is the only person to do that. Rob C tried in Amazon, JFP tried in PI, Amber sort of tried in All-Stars, I think Tom and Ian talked about it in Palau, but none of them succeeded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Hannah did have a great final performance, but everyone said they were voting Adam even before he brought up his mom so I wish people would stop acting like that was some gamechanging pity ploy. They didn't like Hannah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swinners

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:44 pm

I randomly love Baylor too. Also her sticky situation song is a bop Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:20 pm

They were biased against her for like no reason though. Like even the things she did they just assumed Adam did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:13 pm

I guess cuz they mostly did them together, and Adam was more willing to try to vote people that were dangerous and Hannah was concerned about people like Sunday. I liked them both either way so I would've still been happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Quote :
so I wish people would stop acting like that was some gamechanging pity ploy. They didn't like Hannah.

Well people can say whatever they want now after the season was over and they want to be like, oh yea we DEFINITELY were going to vote for the winner no matter what. And maybe Adam would still win even if he didnt bring up the mom thing. But a unanimous victory? No fking way.

Like, they keep saying Adam had all these friendships with people like Zeke and Jessica, and we hardly EVER saw any of that. So as a super fan of the show, I was very shocked and still dont believe that he had those relationships. But whatever. He won and he's doing good things with the money so good for him.

Hannah should have still received at least one vote. Ken can stay irrelevant for all I care Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   

Back to top Go down

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next