Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon May 29, 2017 6:21 pm

bumpz

I'm back from my travels finally and I should have an update in the next day or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:30 pm

80. Brandon Quinton

If I could change just one vote in any season in any Tribal Council ever, I would change Brandon’s vote for Kelly at F9 to vote Lex out instead. Over NaOnka/KShinn voting for Fabio to win over Chase, over Woo voting out Kass instead of Tony, over Tyson idoling himself out in HvV, over Denise not forcing a tie at F6 in China, over them all. Brandon ruined more than just Africa with his stupid, petty, attention-seeking decision. Let’s think about what would’ve happened. First of all, it would’ve been the first big power shift in the history of the show. Perhaps we would’ve seen a reverse Pagonging in season THREE. It would’ve been monumental, and LEX would get recognized as one of the dumbest, worst, and most aggressively despicable players ever like he deserves. Maybe Lex would’ve come back for All-Stars, but after tanking his own game and getting owned in Africa (as opposed to almost making it to the end and losing the F4 challenge in a controversial manner), he wouldn’t have come in with anywhere near as much of a chip on his shoulder. Kelly Goldsmith (goddess most high <3), on the other hand, rather than being an alternate for All-Stars, would’ve easily been a shoo-in, as the first person to successfully flip on her alliance and shake the game up. Maybe they would’ve skipped Alicia or Jenna Morasca in that case. So his move not only have ripple effects on Africa, but on All-Stars as well. I can’t even imagine how fun and unpredictable it would’ve been to see the rest of Africa play out with Samburu in control, because no way they would’ve kept their stuff together the whole time. We probably would’ve seen even more flips and power shifts, rather than the complete songfest we got in the last four episodes of Africa. It very likely could’ve been Pearl Islands levels of epic. Who knows what sort of ripple effects that happening so early in the show’s history would’ve had on the future of the show? Brandon threw all of that away just because he didn’t want to vote on the same side as Frank -_____- this is in addition to him being the worst member of the far superior tribe (except for maybe Carl), not really having any redeeming moments or qualities, and turning on Lindsey as soon as she left Rolling Eyes  Brandon is the WORST and people don’t talk about it enough.

79. Jeff Varner

Jeff was initially in the low 70s but after the Game Changers reunion I realized how far my dislike of him goes. This man is so, SO desperate to be some sort of reality TV super villain or something, and it’s uncomfortable to watch. I was ok with him in Australia, even though it was clear that he was trying to be the next Richard Hatch and hated <3 Kimmi Kappenberg <3.  But he was a good narrator and his one-sided hatemance with Skupin was lolworthy. I always thought he’d be an ok choice for some sort of second chance season like eight years ago, but he became more obscure and irrelevant as the years went on. I was ok with him being on the Cambodia poll, and I even voted for him (although that was more because of how O_______O some of the other options were) but when I think about it, I realize that there are way better people that could’ve been chosen. But whatever, he was from season 2 and it was a good throwback. He was pretty irrelevant in Cambodia, and he was still kind of annoying with how seriously he took himself and how much he reveled in being the swing vote. He promptly got owned, and that was that. For some inexplicable reason he gets invited back for Game Changers, which was an awful choice from the beginning. He was pretty much the same as he was in Cambodia. I’m thankful that he was Sandra’s sidekick, but the way he kept pretending to think about flipping on her and take the game into his own hands was obnoxious and unnecessary, and it made him come off way worse. Then obviously the whole thing with Zeke which I don’t think I need to get into because it’s been discussed a million times over. Overall he is a desperate, attention-whoring narcissist who sucks at the game. Tons of people get unlucky once and leave before the jury. Occasionally people draw the short straw twice and don’t make it close to the end due to exterior circumstances. When you play three times and fail to make the jury each time (when TWO of those seasons had juries starting at F13, mind you), I think it’s safe to say that you’re not exactly cut out for the game, and his personality is nowhere near good enough to justify bringing him back twice.

78. Woo Hwang

Woo is someone who, in most seasons, I wouldn’t think twice about. Normally, space cadets like him don’t get much airtime because it’s too frustrating to listen to them talk. Even if someone like him were to stumble into the Final 3, he’d get no votes and consequently wouldn’t get much of a focus at all. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really happy that Cagayan had a Final 2, and I hope that they make that a more regular thing in the future, but WHY did it have to happen the way it did with Woo?? Woo was a brainless extra vote for Tony all season long, haplessly enabling his whole reign of terror. When the first Final 2 in ten seasons happens, why does the most pointless goat ever have to be the one making the decision? Why did he have to bring Tony along for no reason at all? Cagayan was an unfortunate scenario in which I wasn’t really rooting for either finalist to win and I just wanted the whole thing to end. He then unnecessarily gets brought back for Cambodia but thankfully this time he went pre-merge. I let forth the biggest sigh of relief when he got voted out, and it’s not even because I particularly wanted Spencer to stay, either. I don’t know what more the producers expected from him when they included him in the poll, because his spot could’ve gone to someone way better, especially since Cagayan already had so many representatives. Woo makes it this low for being a momentum-killing, Tony-enabling waste of space.

77. Rafe Judkins

LET IT BE KNOWN that Rafe is the real reason that Danni won Guatemala. Sometime in the midst of everyone and their mom loving Steph and taking her on all their rewards, Rafe got jealous that Steph may like other people more than she liked him (spoiler alert: this is nonsense. Steph always wanted to go to the end with Rafe and that never changed), so Rafe started sabotaging BOTH of their games while letting the inoffensive, athletic, minority-alliance-member Danni roller skate her way to the end because heaven forbid if someone like Judd or Lydia (lol) made it too close to the end. Steph did nothing to him to warrant this behavior, but he screwed both of their games in the process. He confirmed all this in interviews after the show. He started to play the “good people” card towards the end as well, which is never cute. There’s always a wave of people who like to pretend that Rafe was some sort of puppet master that was using Steph, but in reality he was just petty, bitter, and jealous, and threw his own game away because of it. Steph deserved better.

76. Bob Crowley

If Bob didn’t win, I would not include him in this top 100. He seemed like a nice, quirky, old dude from Maine who somehow was lumped together with one of the most viciously arrogant and petty alliances of all time. It’s weird that they wanted to be with him and even weirder that he wanted to be with them. I had pretty much no feelings about him all season because he was so bland and irrelevant. His win is not only the biggest fluke of all time, but he is far and away the most incompetent winner ever. He was totally fine with being the disposable 5th vote, he was going to GIVE AWAY HIS IMMUNITY until Sugar told him not to, and he told all of the jurors that he didn’t outwit or outplay them. Only in a season like Gabon would this guy even come close to winning. In a sense, it was fitting, because his season was so heated, personal, and a total hot mess, so it only made sense for someone random like him to win. and I guess better him than like, Matty. but his win was really unsatisfying because he was so inert. A Susie win actually would’ve been perfect for a season like Gabon, I think. Alas ;_____; So I don’t hate Bob or even dislike him, but his story and win were both really underwhelming. It’s offensive when people throw the term “worst winner ever” at people like Sandra or Michele when Bob exists. He’s fine as a person though I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Quote :
hated <3 Kimmi Kappenberg <3.

I would have taken this as an offense before, but then she came back and fans started paying attention to her again and found out she was a raging Islamophobe/conspiracy theorist/truther. Hate when that happens.

Quote :
It’s weird that they wanted to be with him and even weirder that he wanted to be with them.

Apparently Bob got a very, very kind edit and was actually super bitchy and pervy. Corinne says the whole game they didn't even call him by his real name, they were forced to when giving confessionals and votes so the viewers would know who they were talking about. You know what they called him? Penis lol. They wanted to write Penis on their votes for the winner, but weren't allowed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Quote :
I would have taken this as an offense before, but then she came back and fans started paying attention to her again and found out she was a raging Islamophobe/conspiracy theorist/truther. Hate when that happens.

ugh wait really?? that's super disappointing. I hate when people on the show are outed as real life psychos. most of the time you can tell.

rofl @ them calling Bob "Penis". that's so funny. Gabon was such a trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Jack, I hope you had a really nice trip! Also this was a really righteous update, so good job buddy <33. Woo's sorta harmless though?? Brandon and Rafe don't get enough hate. Rafe really ruins the final few episodes of Guatemala for me (much like goddess Sugar ruins Gabon for some people), and I hate how he treated Cindy in particular. She was all excited for that car, but Rafe got all mad for no reason about it, and then said after the show she would have left anyways even if she did give each of them car. Oh whatever. Cindy would have been at least a little bit easier to beat than Danni so I don't get it. Cindy <33. My girl!! Btw, I heard recently (though this may have been already known to everyone) that Cindy was actually going to be the first boot in Guatemala until Jim wanted to go, and the guys being sick wasn't really even a factor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:43 pm

I wish they still gave away cars, I wanted to see that curse officially broken. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:43 pm

I still don't understand why they voted off Lydia over Danni at the Final Four. It was kind of shitty how Cindy got the boot, but I didn't really consider that to be the game-ending move for Rafe. I'm sure he was starting to see Cindy as a threat at this point... wasn't she getting sort of close to Danni and Stephenie? Sure, his reasons seemed kind of shitty, but she was kind of becoming a threat in her own right so the move always seemed to make sense for him to make though he probably would have gotten less hate if he had said that she was his biggest threat instead of him throwing a pissy fit about the damn car.

Major wtf @ Bob being called Penis. I need to see a source for this fact because I wanna know more. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 am

thanks Shrad <3

normally Woo would be harmless, but due to the circumstances of Cagayan, he actually made the season worse. He was the only dud out of all of the F7 and he was an enabler and/or always dropped the ball whenever a potentially big decision came his way.

Danni or Lydia said on Survivor Live that Danni/Rafe/Lydia bonded a lot because they got left out of back to back rewards at F6/F5 (as if it's Steph's fault she's so popular Rolling Eyes ) so it was pretty much guaranteed Cindy was leaving before she even got back from the reward. Steph even said in her voting confessional that she didn't want Cindy to go but the other three wouldn't budge.

Similar thing happened at F4. Rafe was so deadset on taking out Lydia because he was scared that Steph would take her to the Final 2 over him, when she wouldn't take Danni over him. So Steph was left with the choice of forcing a tie (lol @ Lydia in a firemaking challenge) or voting Lydia out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 am

Quote :
I wish they still gave away cars, I wanted to see that curse officially broken. lol

I wish they did, too, but I wish even more that they still had individual reward challenges instead of team ones. The team ones take away all the fun and drama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 pm

A-Supreme wrote:

Major wtf @ Bob being called Penis. I need to see a source for this fact because I wanna know more. lol

It's on one of the episodes for the Survivor All the Fixings Podcast, but idk the number.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:29 pm

80. Colleen Haskell

I think I remember less about Borneo than any other season, so take this write-up about Colleen with a grain of salt. I would pay a lot of attention to her if I were to ever rewatch Borneo. She was Survivor’s original “sweetheart" even though she was actually really snarky and sarcastic, which actually sounds pretty intriguing to me. A lot more appealing than Elisabeth’s veiled holier-than-thou attitude. Colleen was competitive and made it pretty far in the game, although from what I remember she and Greg were in the “this shouldn’t be a game” camp and did stuff like vote for Jeff Probst at their first TC (lol). Post-show, she’s been asked back like a million times and says that she’s moved on with her life and doesn’t want to be defined by Survivor or whatever, even though she did some crappy movie with Rob Schneider a year after the show was over (rofl x 4). She showed little sparks of being interesting or likable but for the most part there wasn’t that much to catch my attention. I remember 14 year old me watching Borneo being all outraged at anyone who was anti-game, but I’m sure that a lot of the original viewing audience related to Colleen back in the summer of 2000. I’d actually be interesting to see her again but she’s apparently not that interested so w/e. I can’t see her ever being higher than like 70ish on this ranking even if I were to rewatch Borneo.

79. Shirin Oskooi

If I were to choose my own 10 women from the Cambodia poll to make the cut pre-show, I would’ve swapped Shirin and Wentworth of T-Bird and Sabrina. In retrospect, I still would’ve cut Shirin, and even if she didn’t get voted out 2nd, I can’t see myself ever enjoying her that much a second time. I was really salty at her from the very beginning of World’s Apart because she was DREADFUL at the puzzle to the point that it pissed me off to watch her, and So got the boot because of it ;_______; #robbed. So Shirin had put herself in a hole from the very beginning, and she only really got into my good graces after the merge when she sided with the No Collars, even though it was to her own demise. Siding with The Right People is important y'all. Still, there wasn’t that much about Shirin that was particularly appealing to me. I think it was sort of lolworthy how everyone found her so annoying, I def sympathized with her in the whole Will fiasco, and she was a good narrator I guess. She loses points for booting Joe over Jenn. Imagine if Joe were the one to go on the huge immunity run and won ;____; what could have been. Even though Shirin was in one of the most dreadful seasons of all time, I still couldn’t muster up enough feelings about her to put her above like 6th or 7th in my favorites for that season. She was like a weaker version of Eliza, and there’s only so much room in my heart for that archetype. She was essentially the same in Cambodia, and I don’t know what they expected by bringing her back a second time so soon. I don’t think a player like Shirin could ever stay on top for more than a couple votes. I’m sure she’s cool and funny in real life, though.

78. Kass McQuillen

I might have more mixed feelings about Kass than any other contestant in recent years, so apologies in advance if this write-up is a jumbled mess. I’ll start with the positives. Kass is a bold, articulate, competitive woman who is not afraid of anyone or anything and thus naturally creates momentum everywhere she goes. Her comment in the Cagayan finale about how she’s only perceived as a bitch because she’s a woman, and if she played the same game as a man, everyone would love her is one of the most righteous confessionals of all time. The fact that she was viewed as a goat and Tony wasn’t is a complete joke. I’m impressed that she found her way to the Final 3, and was half a second away from the Final 2, after making what could’ve been a fairly impulsive flip at the merge. I think it would’ve been a travesty if she were not brought back for Cambodia. She gave great confessionals even though she’s sort of flat and monotone. Comparing Morgan to an old dog who pees in the house was very lol.

ON THE OTHER HAND, she always managed to rub me the wrong way. Giving herself the nickname Chaos Kass is something I never really appreciate, and the fact that it became such a huge thing was not enjoyable to me. Maybe I spent too much time at Sucks where they worship every middle-aged woman ever so I’m naturally hesitant about that archetype, but I could never fully get on board the Kass train. There was always a smug vibe about her that gave me the impression she takes herself too seriously. The fact that she got in so many heated, ugly rivalries (mainly with other women) gave me a little bit of pause, too. It makes me wonder if she was just trying to make some sort of name for herself. idk there’s just something gross about that that I can’t quite put my finger on except to say that it’s off-putting. I was actually really relieved when she got voted out of Cambodia because I didn’t want to see #ChaosKass become such a prominent thing again, although watching Kass/Wentworth/Ciera/Abi vs. the world could’ve been interesting. Kass is undeniably a star but not one that I have ever found myself rooting for, and also not someone who I’m particularly hoping comes back again. In the right circumstances, though, I could see myself enjoying her a lot more, if all of the stars aligned properly. So here she is at 78.

77. Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien

Yet another hag bites the dust. Kathy is another one that I have lots of mixed feelings on. She is dynamic and charismatic and naturally brings a lot of star power. She was one of the few people who was dynamic and interesting in both her original season and All-Stars. On paper, she did have one of the best single-season character arcs ever in Marquesas, going from outcast to underdog power-shifter to challenge threat to swing vote to jury threat robbed 3rd placer. She went on quite the journey and put it all out there for us to feel with her. I was never super hooked on her journey on a personal level but I did appreciate it for what it was worth. I enjoyed other people in Marquesas a lot more but I totally see and value how important her contributions were to such a great season. She was very much the right choice to bring back for All-Stars. In All-Stars, unfortunately, she sucked. I think I talked about in Lex’s write-up about how he and Kathy sucked all the fun out of Mogo Mogo, which I still stand by. Kathy is the real reason that Amber survived the F10 round, unleashing Romber’s reign of terror on the post merge. The season was kind of ruined by that point anyway but still. She was foolish to trust them, and then she started playing the moral card way too much post-merge. She gave yet another horrific jury speech in the worst FTC of all time. She wasn’t as much of a hypocrite as Lex, but her whole shtick in All-Stars was still pretty ugly. Kathy is easily one of the biggest culprits for why All-Stars is one of my least fav seasons, so it’s hard to fully appreciate her Marquesas appearance because of that. However, I recognize her contributions to an amazing season, and I recognize her natural charisma. I’d be ok with her coming back again.

76. Stacy Kimball

One of the inspirations for me making a ranking such as this is Sux poster Katy_Carney who originally did this for women post-Tocantins, and when she did her original ranking, Stacy was in the top 10. Stacy, like most people from Fiji, was nowhere near my radar at all, but my eyes were ~opened~ to the fact that Stacy was kind of epic when it comes to UTRN screwed-by-twist characters. Fun fact: there was a running joke for a while that Asian-American women on the show would always get screwed by twists (Shii Ann by the fake merge, Jenny by the bottle, Becky by the Final 3, Sylvia by the team captain thing, Michelle by the sort of fake merge, and Stacy by the HII). Anyway Stacy was the very first person to get taken out by a HII, and as such, got a really negative/subdued edit so that people were either relieved or didn’t care when she left, starting one of the show’s worst trends, so gj Stacy you trailblazer. Stacy is actually most known for the HII where she blabbed too much and caused Yau to play his idol, and then for the whole coffee fiasco where she was really snobby towards Dreamz and Cassandra for not knowing how to use a French press. PS did you know that French presses were a common thing in 2005 because I did not. While that was not one of her finer moments, I do applaud Stacy for not being afraid to assert herself and speak her mind in a season that was FULL of alpha douches. The fact that she (and Lisi) got Alex, Edgardo, Boo, and Dreamz to vote out Liliana was kind of awesome, because they easily could’ve been like no screw you, we’ve got the numbers to boot Cassandra anyway. Stacy was also the one to suggest booting Edgardo, which was really innovative and trend-setting, since people were still figuring out how to navigate HII’s. That episode is actually hilarious in retrospect. Alex was talking to her to make sure she’s still with them, since he saved her the previous episode, and she just stares blankly at him for like 20 minutes before saying “…ya I’m ok it’s just hot out here lol”. such great acting <3 also rofl @ Stacy getting more brutally owned by the coconut chop challenge than anyone else. They put some vicious questions in there like “who would you never introduce to your parents?” and “who do you never want to see again? “ and stuff like that and Stacy was the answer to all the bad questions. writing this is actually making me sort of wish I put Stacy higher but ultimately she’s a pretty UTR character from one of my least fav casts of all time so this can only go so far. If only she were in a different season.

Also Stacy is GORGEOUS and I feel like nobody ever talks about that. am I right or am I right
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Quote :
Imagine if Joe were the one to go on the huge immunity run and won ;____; what could have been.

Joe is worst golden boy besides Mike, at least Ozzy doesn't have this crap on his page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKtFEk6DB_A/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMPZu7Cj-7a/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLxKI3nDPLs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJN6F4nDSdj/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:23 pm

dammit why do you have to keep pointing out how ridiculous and conservative some of these people are? haha I still would've preferred Joe winning to Mike but ~all shall be revealed~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:24 pm

I purposely am very selective for which contestants I follow on social media.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Same lol. I've never followed him on anything. His name came up on a list of Survivor people supporting Trump back when IMDB had message boards and I was a bit surprised and went to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09 pm

Your bottom 5's are orgasmic and you picked such appropriate pictures for those monsters.

I kind of like Zebra Stripes Sierra. But you knew that <3 and Lex and Colleen.

Other than that....this list <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Oh and yeah there's definitely something unsavory about Kimmi Kappenburg that I noticed post-show and even before Cambodia cause I added her to fb ages ago. I try to just ignore it though cause I don't want it ruining my Kimmi love, which is pure. Kind of like loving Elisabeth before we found out what a raging Republican she was, and yeah her holier-than-thou veiled in the edit as cute snark wasn't lost on me either. But that's something I try to keep in check otherwise I'll end up hating every contestant on some level that's actually probably not relevant to Survivor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Everyone being so happy for Elisabeth to get success outside the show, then she goes on The View and it turns out she's a blood red GOPer and they're all appalled lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Right?

Totally appalled.

It's hard not to see that person whenever I see Australian Outback now. She's a pushy little self-righteous bitch lol <3 and I love how she gets Ogakor to vote out 2 of their own before her and Rodger, while she STILL votes with old Kucha and makes no compromises on her end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 pm

<3 Zhaz <3 thanks for stopping in! I knew you liked Sierra Reed but I had no idea you liked Lex. He's so awful. Although there is someone who everyone hates in that category that I have yet to eliminate because I find them unintentionally lolworthy.

Chax what are your thoughts on my Kass write-up? don't you love her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:11 pm

I think we’re in the phase with the guys now where it’s vague to moderate dislike, so it’s going to be tough to distinguish my feelings between a bunch of them, but let’s give this a shot.

75. Josh Canfield

Josh is someone who is only sort of palatable and it’s because he got owned at the merge. I cannot imagine how awful SJDS would’ve been if he and Reed had made their way to the end. He as a person isn’t awful. He’s vaguely nice, sort of petty, takes himself way too seriously, but overall is kind of a bland strategybot. He got off to a bad start by siding with the guys and taking out Nadiya instead of the perpetual waste of space Dale, and he isolated his tightest ally by voting for her for no reason. lol @ his failed attempt at strategy. I watched SJDS two years after the fact (knowing Natalie won going in THANKS CHAZ Rolling Eyes ) and while I don’t know if I would’ve fallen for his fake winners edit, I do know that I found him super tiresome. There wasn’t really anything that interesting at all about his frenemyship with Baylor until she mercilessly turned on him (lol), his relationship with Reed was sort of bland, too, but both ended up being forced upon us the whole time. Even though him keeping Dale in the beginning may have indirectly led to Kelley getting the early boot, I’m actually ok with Josh’s moves/reign of terror in the beginning, because his isolation of Baylor and <3 Jaclyn <3 in the beginning ultimately led to his downfall. He also blindsided John Rocker pretty early and I was immensely thankful for that. Josh’s personality/character didn’t really add anything good to the season and he was tiresome to watch, but ultimately he played a very necessary role in the season and gtfo’d at the perfect time, so I really can’t hate him too much. Loses points for being Survivor’s first (and only) namesake of mine to play and he totally did not live up to the expectations that come with the name. smh

74. Ozzy Lusth

Once upon a time, probably around the time of Micronesia’s airing, Ozzy would’ve been in my bottom 5 of all time. I couldn’t stand him in Cook Islands because of how he represented everything I hate: smug elitism, veiled douchery, being socially inept and was on his way to like 11th place or something until some BS twists came along, and then being rewarded for being part dolphin by winning the Rupert Award and being one vote short of winning the whole game O_____________O, then being hailed as an instant Survivor legend. Then Micro came along and he was even more aggressively smug and douchey and took out some of my favs like Eliza and Tracy in what looked like his path to victory. I wanted to throw up in my mouth every time he came on screen, every time one of the stupid fans would give confessionals glorifying him, or we’d see a stupid montage of him fishing. BUT THEN in one of the most exciting blindsides of all time, he becomes the first victim of the Black Widow Brigade, in a boot that I think altered the course of Survivor history. praise be to Parvati and Cirie. After his boot in Micro, he has become a lot more bearable. His jury speech in Micro was hilarious and I can’t tell you how much I wish they aired his demand that Parvati does an interpretive dance for him. Then he makes fun of Denise at the reunion where he pretends he’s a janitor now or something. Sometime between Micro and South Pacific, he transformed into a perpetually stoned lesbian who was much easier to not take seriously. He actually went through quite the journey in South Pacific from fan fav to aggressive overdog to tribe outcast to dramatic lesbian again at RI (lol @ Sophie not having any of it) to challenge whore to jury threat (O______O) before thankfully getting beaten by Sophie at his own game. There was only like one hour all season that I thought he might win so for the most part he was kind of tolerable. He was kind of a dick to Cochran but he was sort of in the right and I really wish that he had succeeded in his plot to out Cochran because Cochran freaking sucks. Other than the pointless montages of him fishing and his FTC showing/worship of Brad in Game Changers, he was actually really tolerable, and for once I was rooting for his side? and was upset that he left? I didn’t know what to make of it. I would’ve loved to have seen him/Cirie/Andrea/Aubry/Michaela succeed. For the most part he was a shell of his former self and didn’t make much of a splash at all, but I was ok with that. I hope he never gets cast again though because 4 times for Ozzy is way too much. I’ve never actively enjoyed his presence on the show, and he’s always been a pretty smug douche who’s not that entertaining, but he’s more tolerable than he once was, so here is at 74.

73. Jeff Kent

I was pretty familiar with Jeff Kent during his baseball years, and I never liked him. He had a feud with Barry Bonds when they were on the Giants and I detested both of them so much that I couldn’t even pick a side. So naturally I wasn’t very excited when I found out he was coming on Survivor. He did pretty much exactly what everyone expected him to do. He was a white alpha douche who stuck with all of the other men, tried to hide his identity, took out anyone fun in his midst (aka just Dawson ;_____; RIP), before promptly getting booted early merge. The thing that sucks is that I didn’t want him to go, since it was either him or Pete (who I HATED) and he was on the same side as Malcolm and Penner. He gave an aggressively bitter and anti-Obama (lol) final words and I think people on Sucks still hold that against him to this day. I mean obviously he was an obnoxious douche in his final words but my reaction was more “…lol? is this guy for real” than hating him more. He did take up a decent amount of space in a season that I really liked, on what was EASILY the worst tribe out there, so I was always rooting against him and didn’t enjoy him at all, but ultimately he was kind of bland and harmless, and the scripts got flipped against Pete the next round anyway so turns out he wasn’t even needed ^_^ It seems like the show has moved on from him and for that I’m very thankful.

72. Alex Bell

Alex doesn’t get anywhere near enough crap for making one of the dumbest moves of all time when he told Rob that he was going to stick with Jenna and Heidi at F4. What did he think he could gain from that? Being perceived as a good guy? Winning Rob’s jury vote? I have no idea. He went completely out of his way to let Rob know that he was #4 and I have no idea what potential benefit he thought it may bring. It was all very Alex, though. He was SO arrogant pretty much his whole time out there and it got worse as time went on. Deena was totally in the right when she led the charge to boot him because he was getting too comfortable, and it’s a shame that he got the satisfaction of coming out of that battle victorious. Also can we talk about how he was like 33 and was obsessed with these girls who were ten years younger than he was O_______O In retrospect the whole season was full of the objectifying of women but Alex was particularly gross. I generally felt grossed out by him but he did have two redeeming qualities. One was how he wasn’t scared at all to shut down Roger’s homophobic BS. The other was how as arrogant and stupid as he was, he totally moved the plot of the season along in a necessary way, and his rise and fall made Amazon a way better season. After the show he went on to marry Kim Powers, who also was like 30 and enjoyed participating in cliquish high school behavior LOL <3 match made in heaven except I like Kim P. Oh well.

71. Earl Cole

This one’s for you, Tom. *fist bump* Earl is one of the most bland and boring winners ever, yet he somehow manages to still be awful. He got the strategic mastermind edit and was one throwaway vote from lip gloss connoisseur Rita Verreos from having Survivor’s first “perfect game” Rolling Eyes when in reality he stumbled backwards into his win in every way. I could go and list all the ways but I don’t care that much about the merits of gameplay in Fiji and I doubt you do, either. Watching him give confessionals like “this is my poker face” was a very O____O experience because he did like, nothing, all season long. Remember when he came up with the genius idea of splitting votes between Mookie and Alex even though neither of them had a HII clue and then Alex voted Mookie out, and then Earl gets furious? lol. what a black hole of entertainment. Fiji is one of the seasons that I’m most fuzzy on because it’s been so long, and Earl is one of the people who I was most underwhelmed by all season, so of course he wins. The show probably thought that the Final 3 was a good idea because it meant that Earl won instead of Dreamz or Cassammmmhhhhmmndra and honestly that’s enough to put Earl in my bottom 30. Plz never return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 pm

with that update, SJDS and Philippines see their first cuts each. The only seasons left without anybody eliminated are Thailand (lol), Pearl Islands, Vanuatu, Palau, Micronesia, and Millennials vs. Gen X
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:02 pm

I don't think Alex crushing on the younger women was so bad? I haven't seen the season in a few years, so I don't remember everything he said (he could have been gross), but I just sorta remember him just liking Shawna? He was also getting close to Jenna and stuff, but I don't remember him ever crossing the line. I'm 29 and I still think guys in their early 20's are attractive. I don't see anything wrong with it? There's a shit load of college age porn (female and male) for a reason lol. I mean you suddenly don't stop being attracted to other adults (no matter what age) just because you get older. 33 is like super young too. It isn't like he was a father with kids their age. I think people get a little too freaked by sexuality (being repressed is worse imo). I see no problem if everyone is an adult. I do remember Amazon having a few sexist moments that haven't aged well at all though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 am

Jack wrote:
Jenna's two challenge wins prior to F4 were shuffleboard and the coconut chop one, so it's not like she was particularly known for her physical prowess. and she was like on her deathbed, when Heidi was as strong as ever, so it was definitely the right call.

Again, Christy was OPENLY CONTEMPLATING siding with Heidi and Jenna and got all "idk I'll decide at Tribal". That's dangerous to someone like Rob. He got Jenna and Heidi to throw away their shot at a majority. A 3-2-1 split would've been innovative but what he did by booting the swing vote was also innovative and also a totally legit strategy.

I don't hold All-Stars against him. Chapera didn't have any winners so so he was the closest thing there was to a winner, and on a tribe of only 6, he only had so much wiggle room.

This is an old post but I wanted to bring it up. A 3-2-1 vote pretty much ensures Jenna and Heidi would not give Rob their jury votes because he lied to them twice. By voting out Christy, he did get a little bit of respect back.

Rob had no shot in All Stars because Romber had already gotten together and had Alicia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb_is_awesome

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 am

A-Supreme wrote:
I still don't understand why they voted off Lydia over Danni at the Final Four. It was kind of shitty how Cindy got the boot, but I didn't really consider that to be the game-ending move for Rafe. I'm sure he was starting to see Cindy as a threat at this point... wasn't she getting sort of close to Danni and Stephenie? Sure, his reasons seemed kind of shitty, but she was kind of becoming a threat in her own right so the move always seemed to make sense for him to make though he probably would have gotten less hate if he had said that she was his biggest threat instead of him throwing a pissy fit about the damn car.

I always heard, although I swear you were the one who told me this, that Danni was REALLY sick (Like couldn't get out of the shelter sick) at the final 4 and it just wasn't shown. Also, Lydia was incredibly popular with the jury and would have crushed both Rafe or Steph in a final 2 situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   

Back to top Go down

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next