Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:59 am

Back in the day, on Sucks, there were some posters who did ranking threads for the top 100 iconic/legendary women or men of Survivor, and I always thought that was a really cool way of ranking contestants. Their mere place in the top 100 would mean something, and you could skip through the sea of Katie Collinses and Liz Markhams and Nick Browns and Ibrehem Rahmans. Everyone (or almost everyone) is relevant and has some sort of impact on the franchise, or at least with my experience with the franchise ^_^ so a couple days ago when I was bored and stuck with a bad wifi connection, I made my lists of top 100 men and top 100 women. I mainly just did it to see how the top and bottom of my lists would look, to see who surprised me with where they ranked compared to everybody else, I didn't think I would post them. But then I was chatting with Tommy and he encouraged me to put all of them in a thread to spark some discussion about Survivor in a way that's more positive than this current calamity of a season. So here I am.

A couple disclaimers:

-This will not feature pictures or pretty graphics or anything. I'm not good at that sort of thing lolz and this clearly isn't for the aesthetic
-There are a good amount of people on both lists that are only vaguely relevant in the grand scheme of Survivor history. My criteria for who made the list and who doesn't for those grey area people in the middle were kind of arbitrary. For example, Frank Garrison from Africa is on this list even though he wasn't a super central character on an old season, but I really liked him; meanwhile, Clay Jordan from Thailand is a slightly more important character from a less relevant season in the same era as Frank, but I didn't really care one way or the other about Clay, so he got cut.
-Most people who I don't have strong opinions on got cut.
-I'm not commenting on who didn't make it and why for everyone but if anyone has questions about why ____ made it or why ____ didn't, I'd be happy to answer ^_^
-Write ups won't be super long or that in depth
-I'll do 5 men and 5 women at a time until we reach the top 25
-I recognize that it's possible that nobody other than Tommy, Shrad, and maybe Chax when he awakens from his drunken stupor will read this and that's ok

Here is the full list of who made the cut, sorted by season:

Spoiler:

RETURNING PLAYER SEASONS:
Spoiler:

UPDATED MEN RANKING:
Spoiler:

UPDATED WOMEN RANKING:
Spoiler:

First updates will be posted sometime tomorrow probably ^_^

Last edited by Jack on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:30 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:51 am

Haha picking pictures would be my favorite part of this. I've always been better at visuals than write-ups, personally. Razz

I'll follow this ranking though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am

Colton Cumbie? Easily the most vile Survivor player ever, closely followed by NaOnka Mixon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

I'm not ranking my 100 FAVORITES, I'm taking the 100 who had the most impact for one reason or another, and then ranking them. Believe me, I hate many people who made the cut.

ty Dan ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:01 pm

So #1 will essentially be the most iconic player, not necessarily your favorite?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:22 pm

I can't wait to follow this, I loved the Sucks writeups lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm

BOTTOM 5 MEN OF ALL TIME

100. Russell Hantz
If you go back and look at Samoa without the crazy manufactured edit, you'll see that Russell is just a crazy, sexist, little man syndrome player who's totally inept at the game and does things like sabotages his own tribe just to get a reputation. Everyone outside of his 3-4 person alliance both seasons had general attitudes towards him of "ummmm... this guy is drunk and annoying af lol" and him getting 2/18 jury votes reflects that pretty well. He comes on saying he's going to be the biggest villain of all time despite not naturally possessing anything legendary in him, but production decides to enable him, thus marking a shift in the series for the worse. I blame him for how awful typical winners edits are now, I blame him for the rise of OTTN "supervillains" who are trying to make a splash and do anything for their 15 seconds of fame. He has redefined what is "good" for Survivor in the eyes of production and America and I will not have it.

I will say though, that I'm glad that the show has seemingly moved on from him. Not only was he not cast in Game Changers or BvW but I saw this thing on CBS about a bracket of the best heroes and villains ever and he didn't even make the list when like, Rodney and Pete Yurkowski did LOL. did he do something recently to make CBS turn on him or was it just all of his spoiling and being a terrible person who harangues 80% of the cast each season he's on?

99. Colton Cumbie
I don't know if there's a single person who's ever made my skin crawl every second he's on the screen like Colton has. He is absolutely one of the people who is the result of Russell, desperately trying to be an OTTN villain from the second he showed up on the beach. His shenanigans like trying to be with the girls all the time because the guys "don't get him" (while giving zero effort at all to give the guys a chance), being elitist and racist towards Bill (and Christina?), acting like he was Survivor's Regina George and reveling in it, etc. were all gross and I hated every second of it. I cannot believe the show decided to bring him back and he was just as cringeworthy the second time as he was the first time. Such a gross human being and I don't know why anyone ever thought he'd be good TV. He belongs on some trashy VH1 show.

98. Phillip Sheppard
Phillip was entertaining for precisely one episode. His antics of going around as some delusional incompetent special agent who nobody takes seriously and has salivary gland issues would've made for a great first boot. We would laugh and then thank the Survivor gods that he was kept to just that. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. Redemption Island is the worst season ever and he probably has the biggest share of the blame for contestants that season. He tried harder and harder to be an OTTN crazy person who also happened to be one of Rob's biggest enablers in what was possibly the most predictable season ever. As if RI weren't bad enough, he decides to come back and do his best to be a fusion of his RI self and Rob's RI self with all of the crazy rules and building up a huge cult and giving everyone stupid nicknames. Caramoan is one of the 2 or 3 worst seasons of all time and he deserves a ton of the blame for that, too. His boot was easily one of the highlights of the season just because he got off our screen, and when you make me root for Reynold and Eddie by default, and celebrate at a ridiculous double idol play, you know you're bad.

97. Rodney Lavoie
Over the years, I've seen Rocky from Fiji get a lot of hate because of what a despicable irl douche he is who's got totally messed up views about the world. I remember him being annoying and gross but overall not too impacted by his presence on my screen, and he ended up not making the cut. Now, I was 14 when I watched Fiji, and I was 24 when I watched Worlds Apart, so Rodney may be helping me understand why everyone hated Rocky so much. Chaz calls Worlds Apart the white trash season of Survivor and he's kind of right, and Rodney is a huge reason for that. There was never a second where I didn't find his constant talking about girls or Tom Brady or how ripped he is or how stupid everyone else is or how he deserves to go on a reward or how women should have better standards for themselves or WHATEVER insanely annoying. I always wanted him to get off my screen, he did not contribute to anything good in the season, he is NOT unintentionally funny, and he made it all the way to the Final 4 O________O I hope we're safe from him ever coming back on the show again

96. Dan Foley
Culprit #2 of the white trash season being so terrible. Just look at that picture and tell me he isn't gross and creepy and makes you uncomfortable. I hated the way he talked. He reminds me of any other condescending old white dude who's completely socially inept, but scenes like the one where he was telling Shirin to her face how stupid she is or where he was making comments about Rodney's mom or something made him even worse. If I were to rewatch Worlds Apart (lol) I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to compile a list of his most awful moments because it was a constant stream of him making me cringe. In a normal season he would mercifully be taken out at the first premerge TC, but against all that is good and holy he made it all the way to F6 and only got taken out because of an idol O______O seriously, this season is the worst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Firebolt102890 wrote:
So #1 will essentially be the most iconic player, not necessarily your favorite?

no, sorry. I'll be taking the 100 players who made the biggest impact and then ranking them in terms of how much I like them. like the top 10 for each will definitely be my top 10 fav women and men of all time.

Spoiler for the bottom 5 women:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Someone freshen my memory... but didn't Shannon Elkins and someone else expose Russell for spoiling the two seasons he was in or something on that order? I remember there was some controversy that erupted on the forums/fansites a year or two after HvV aired that painted Russell in a very poor light and CBS' treatment of him didn't seem the same afterwards. I tried looking it up, but I think a lot of that stuff originated on Sucks or some other forum so it's hard to find information about it now. I will say that it did seem like Samoa and Heroes vs. Villains were the two most-spoiled seasons ever; unless you were proactively avoiding spoilers at the time, everyone pretty much knew who was taking home the title of Sole Survivor, particularly in HvV ("Russell got screwed" being the popular casual fan belief of the time). Then when Russell goes pre-merge in RI, the season is super secretive again and the episodes mattered again. So, I'm sure CBS doesn't want to cast someone who spoils their show and takes away viewers.

Colton was awful, especially for the reasons you've discussed. What was most awful was that he didn't get a sufficient or satisfying downfall like most Survivor villains need. He just sort was showed up, was awful, and then off he went. I found the entire pre-merge of One World so lackluster and forgettable, and it never did get better afterwards. This was the last full season I watched.

Phillip indif, though I do think Redemption Island is much better on rewatch than it was watching it live at the time. If you can sit back and enjoy the season without hoping or wondering if someone was going to outdo veteran Boston Rob, it really was kind of a crazy season and Ashley Underwood was a pretty good dark horse to pull for (even if you knew she wasn't winning lol) in the home stretch. Lots of crazy personalities and the tribe friction was good once the merge hit. Phillip wasn't my favorite and he did seem to dab on the crazy a bit too much, but he did bring a lot to the entertainment side of things.

Dunno the others. :\
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Lol at that picture of Dan Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Excited!!
Good bottom 5 too!! I'd probably swap out Rodney for someone though? He was definitely gross in that episode, but he got at least a little bit better as the season went along? It might have been because the others in the F7 were so gross though lol (or his cute romance he had with Joaquin <3).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Rodney was a hot head but his impressions of Mike and Dan were hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:44 pm

did he do something recently to make CBS turn on him or was it just all of his spoiling and being a terrible person who harangues 80% of the cast each season he's on? wrote:

Yes. Combined with multiple spoiled seasons and threatening to beat up other player's family members, Brandon's explosion in Caramoan and Willie's expulsion on BB the Hantz's are banned. They'll never return.

(even if you knew she wasn't winning lol) wrote:

Sad thing is she actually would have. Despite his bombastic edit, if Rob was at the end with anyone besides both Phillip and Natalie the person who wasn't Phillip, Natalie or Rob was going to win lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:20 pm

I agree, I almost bumped Rodney over Dan because he did do such good impressions of people I also found annoying. but nope. he's awful.

Quote :
Yes. Combined with multiple spoiled seasons and threatening to beat up other player's family members, Brandon's explosion in Caramoan and Willie's expulsion on BB the Hantz's are banned. They'll never return.

Good. They're such gross people, I'm glad they're gone forever.

Shrad <3 I forgot your love of random MORN/CPN douchebros. I didn't have that many feelings on Joaquin (he didn't make the cut). The one negative feeling I had towards him was how HE was responsible for So's boot and immediately putting her as an outsider because he was so insistent on looking for the idol clue. She could've made the season so much better ;_____;

One of my fav moments of the whole season though was his confessional where he was calling Shirin a sociopath for how she talked about killing animals or whatever. That was hilarious. I still liked him more than at least half the cast in such a dreadful season O___O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 pm

I would've loved an Ashley win that season, lol. She seemed to have a Jenna Morasca sort of thing going for her, where she played a much more solid, all-around game than what was shown in the edit.
Back to top Go down
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 pm

BOTTOM 5 WOMEN OF ALL TIME

100. Sierra Reed

this pic sums up her whole existence on this show

Sierra was my all time least fav Survivor ever for YEARS, but after a while, I realized the damage on the show that the Russells and Coltons and Phillips of the world have had on the show, while Sierra is ultimately harmless beyond ruining the time she was on the screen for an otherwise mediocre season. Though when I put this ranking together, I realized that there has yet to be a woman on this show whom I’ve detested more. I know I sound like such a white man when I say this but I simply cannot deal with people who are self-victimizing for no reason. There are people who are actual victims, like Shirin (who was being aggressively bullied into a triggering experience, when she actually had an abusive past), and then there are people like Colton and Sierra who constantly whine about how nobody likes them or -gets- them or how nobody gives them credit, etc. when they bring that upon themselves. It is not Timbira’s fault that Sierra has zero social skills, chooses to act like a 5 year old when things don’t go her way (seriously she threw a tantrum in her boot episode that was SO uncomfortable to watch) all while outlasting people who were so far superior to her despite her complete ineptitude at precisely everything. I cannot imagine how much better Tocantins would’ve been if Candace had survived the second TC instead of Sierra. One of the worst early boot turnouts of all time, actually. I thought that she had been extinguished forever after she got booted over Debbiegoddess (who didn’t make the cut for this unfortunately ;____Wink but then she continues to make me cringe by a) hating on Erinn in Ponderosa when Erinn was nice to her!!! she didn’t vote Sierra out just to be nice to her. Sierra was clearly jealous that Erinn ~worked it~ to stay in a good position, b) getting all condescending to Stephen about how he’s weak and undeserving when like… Stephen won an immunity? and made decisions? and didn’t constantly whine about how nobody liked him? idk the whole thing was awful, and c) her reunion shenanigans O___O crying and incoherently rambling about how nobody liked her and then drunkenly shouting about how she slayed the dragon. The whole thing was so uncomfortable to watch. Normally I love delusional drunken antics like that but she lacks the personality, charisma, and just -it- in general to pull anything worthwhile off. I’m pretty confident that we’ve avoided her coming back again forever, and for that I’m eternally thankful.

99. Denise Martin

LOL at this pic too. I've never seen it before

Denise is kind of like Dan Foley in that she’s a really socially inept and all around sort of incompetent blue collar “superfan" from New England and really should never have come on this show. What did the producers expect from her? To be funny? To be a proactive strategic player? To be some sort of inspirational sob story? She’s a lunch lady who found her way into being a disposable 4th vote - congratulations. lol at the F9 episode when my favorite “let's coup the person who’s currently putting together a coup” thing happens (Deena in Amazon, Tijuana in PI, Leann in Vanuatu, etc.) and Denise is completely oblivious and votes for Peih-Gee. As if that’s not enough to get the memo, she gets told by Peih-Geesus for two straight episodes how Todd/Amanda/Courtney are going to the F3 and she needs to do something to get herself there, she ignores Peih-Gee twice, booting Erik and then her, goes to target Todd anyway at F4, gets kicked to the curb like the disposable 4th vote she is, and then has the gall to get bitter, judgy, and self-victimizing about it? oh hell no. The scandal about her pretending to get fired or whatever to scam Mark Burnett cemented her in the bottom 2 forever. Writing this makes me wonder if she’s worse than Sierra, which she may be objectively, but I’ve made it my mission to carry the torch of proclaiming the truth about how awful Sierra is, because she actually has a lot of fans, while everyone knows how much Denise sucks, so it makes me step off the gas a little bit with the Denise hate. They’re both repulsive, though. see you never.

98. Shannon "Shambo" Waters

Speaking of infuriating enablers who suck up airtime, desperately try to gain sympathy from anyone who will listen, and somehow end up as “fan favorites”… Shambo is possibly the worst offender in terms of ruining a season of people who I’ve discussed so far. Seriously, can you imagine Laura ruling the Galu-driven post-merge with an iron fist on her way to victory? <3 Samoa is one of the seasons with the most wasted potential ever, and Shambo is partly to blame for that (the editors are mostly to blame, then whoever gave the idols to Russell, followed by Russell, then Shambo). I have zero time for people who act like they’re bullied and hated by everyone in a social game when they are socially inept. Go camping or something if you want to have the experience without being hated by everyone. She also sucked up way more airtime than anyone other than Russell, which is an offense to all of the other AMAZING post merge personalities (some of whom won’t show up until much later in this list). The only reason Shambo is higher is because she had some lolworthy moments, such as calling Mick feckless, and the moments when the editors decided to make fun of her, and she made Laura even better, which can’t really be said of Sierra or Denise. She also keeps declining offers to come back, which I appreciate, because I feel like Sierra or Denise would come back even more desperate to win over the hearts of America, when Shambo recognizes her place and has called it quits. Thank you for sparing us all <3

97. Jessica "Sugar" Kiper

LOL I hated Sugar so much once Gabon ended. I took such a 180 with her, because I loved her so much right up until around the Corinne boot, but once she decided to be the moral police and turn on Kenny and Crystal because Matty is a better person for some reason…? I was done. Honestly it made me see all of her past actions in a more clear light, too. The auction with the cookie thing was really uncomfortable to watch because of how immature she was. Corinne, Randy, and co. were awful, I’m sure, but she was terrible to them and kind of gets off the hook for it? Like she was nasty and personal in her voting confessionals, laughed in Randy’s face for doing something so “foolish" as playing a fake idol when he knew he was going, was really cliquey and dismissive, and then decides that she can play the morality game? no thank you. There are very few zero vote finalists that deserved what they got more than Sugar did. She was well on her way to being Sierra-ish in HvV, too, but thankfully she was mercifully let go in the premiere <3 back when there was hope for the world in HvV. *sighs* She actually does create good momentum for the show and Gabon is for the most part a better season because of  what she brought (up until the end O_O), so I will say that about her. I don’t understand the concept of “love to hate” at all, but I think when people say that term, they refer to my feelings on Sugar.

96. SIERRA DAWN THOMAS

Sierra slaughter <3 ok so Sierra wasn’t initially supposed to be on this current season. She is the replacement for Natalie Anderson (<3 deity sent from above <3) to be on the season where she is actually the antithesis of the season’s title, so I really could end my writeup write there and say that she’s in the bottom 5 for that alone, but there’s more.

SIERRA DAWN THOMAS (I feel like her name should always be yelled as if it’s by Sandra) really is the antithesis of a game changer, though. She was on one of my least fav tribes of all time in the Blue Collar tribe, where it was made painfully clear that she’s on the bottom and they would rather keep an aggressively sexist douche who sucks at challenges over her. Then a swap comes and she’s given the opportunity to brutally turn on Dan and Rodney, and she even talks about how she’s a free agent now (see gif above) or whatever but NOPE. Doesn’t capitalize at all. I feel like Sierra had like twelve different situations throughout her season where she had an opportunity to flip or make a move out of the alliance that she was clearly on the bottom of, or she at least was edited to be the swing, and time and time again she enabled one of the most gruesome alliances of all time. Her position on the totem pole was even lower before Mike ostracized himself, remember that. Basically she was a boring enabler all season who did nothing except roll on a barrel and then she gets invited back? w/e. you can see my blag for my live stream of thoughts on her this season but basically she’s even worse when it comes to enabling terrible people, outlasting people who are far superior to her, and being a condescending judgy hag to the relentlessly MORP ^_^ force that is Hali. She’s clearly jealous of anything that has the vaguest resemblance of a soul or personality and thinks that by blinking at them and voting them out can somehow steal the charisma that wasn’t programmed into her system. Truly awful presence who has earned her spot in the bottom 5.

Last edited by Jack on Fri May 05, 2017 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:54 pm

omw great ranking so far. So much to discuss already. lol @ Botox Tracey Huge-Wolf being in the top 100. I totally forgot about what a gem she was in a tribe full of goats. There are a few others that I haven't thought about in a long time and I am looking forward to their appearance on the list. I'm also glad that there are so many people from seasons such as Nicaragua which Jeff Probst is trying to erase from history O___O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 pm

Thoughts:

Russell - Agreed. What a horrible stain on survivor's legacy. I can't think of anyone else who has so successfully ruined everything and everyone that he was associated with over so many seasons. The only good that came out of his involvement with survivor is seeing him get beaten by Natalie, Sandra and eventually the entire tribe who wanted nothing to do with him. None of that makes up for all the bad things he brought to survivor and what a horrible person he is.

Colton - Yes good riddance Colton. Just a mean-spirited and wasteful person.

Phillip - He was just an camera-whoring failed actor who went way over the top and was rewarded by the editors for it. The lowest point of his whole existence was accusing the cryptkeeper (Steve??) of being racist. I wouldn't put him this low though because his relationship with Francesquaa and him getting owned by Malcolm were both great.

Rodney - I would rank Dan, Will and him all together in one clump of vileness. He represents so much of what is wrong with society today and I feel like he got away with it and was turned into a joke. Probst went to town on Dan at the reunion but then with Rodney he just made it a fun segment and painted Rodney as a cheeky little rascal.

Dan - lol @ that picture of him. What a scary and obnoxious creature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 pm

I love the Sierra slaughter.

Sierra Reed - lol @ last place. Well deserved. I personally have vendettas against Alexis Jones and Tina that far surpass my hatred of Sierra Reed and I agree that she didn't manage to ruin much of survivor outside of her own screen time but I would still put her in the bottom ten. She is a delusional little cry baby and she actually managed to have zero redeeming moments all season. I'm so glad that she has never returned.

Denise - She makes me angry in ways that few survivor contestants ever manage to. I think it's mostly how hypocritical she is. Another Denise moment that makes me angry is Peih-Geesus taking her on reward a bunch of times then Denise not returning the favour. Denise is the original Sierra Dawn Thomas in how she totally enabled an obviously tight alliance that had no use for her. Thankfully Courtney/Amanda/Todd were actually likeable.

Shambo - Maybe I have repressed Samoa and everything associated but I wouldn't put her in the bottom 10. She is definitely one of the worst camera whores and most self-victimising contestants ever though. Worst of all she is a verified season ruiner and contributed to the Hantz situation that plagued survivor for the following few seasons. One scene that always makes me laugh is her chicken dream sequence/nightmare though. It was like David Lynch had suddenly taken the reigns of Survivor editing. Then she woke up and said she had a new strategy or something?? lol. It is like Cao Boi's dream that told him to enact PLAN VOODOO and vote for Candice and Jonathan in Cook Islands.

Sugar - I have gone from loving her to having very conflicted feelings about her. In one way she contributed so much of the epic mess that made Gabon so unpredictable and amazing. If Sugar had just stuck Ace or with the onions it could have been one of the most disappointing seasons. But her in the last two episodes was lame. Looking back on her survivor journey I realise that she was a very damaged person and probably should not have even been on the show for her own psychological health. It's kind of sad and it makes me not want to hate her or love her.

SIERRA DAWN THOMAS - Ugh yes I can't bring myself to talk about her but I agree with everything. I haven't thought about where she fits on my overall list until now but she definitely is plummeting
to the bottom few for me as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Tracey Hugh Jackman Wolverine <3 she wasn't someone I remotely debated leaving out of the top 100. Can't wait to get to her write up.

I didn't want to watch the Worlds Apart reunion because I can't handle when Jeff has free reigns on how he wants America to think of people when I super disagree with him lol. They're always so boring and cringeworthy nowadays.

personal vendettas against contestants <3 they make this so fun. You'll see that Alexis Jones didn't make this list but you (and kenc333 from Sux <3) have shed so much light on what a dreadful creature she is. Truly an embarrassment to Micro/Survivor/our generation/women/humanity in general. She was so incompetent @ everything that it made me lol fairly often though. For instance:

*on reward where local fishermen come to help out*
*Parvati and Edwin are flirting*
*in background*
Joe: I'm Joe
Alexis: what's your name, Joe? ^_^
Joe: ...Joe
Alexis: ... ^_^

that moment is HILARIOUS and I appreciate Alexis' failure @ life for bringing us such a great moment. then she got completely rekt by Amanda in such a hilarious way and had nothing to do but limp off into the distance to be forgotten by the most dominant female alliance of all times. honestly I appreciate her presence on the show because her suckage @ everything brought about the best in the people around her. one of the most righteous occurrences of all time on the show was how when Erik won immunity at F6 and Alexis was on the outs of the BWB, she gets HII'd. When Erik wins immunity at F5 and Natalie is on the outs, some of the best players of all time put their heads together to get him to give away immunity just to let Natalie survive one more day <3 Parv, Amanda, and Cirie really should be given humanitarian awards for their service to Natalie but dismissal of Alexis

good point about Sugar's legit mental instability. she had to go to rehab after HvV Sad

Shambo did have lolworthy moments which is why she's above Sierra Reed and Denise. If she had been more toned down and left pre-merge, she would've been actually enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
survivorisdabest

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:29 am

Yes I love having personal vendettas. lol @ Alexis. I can't remember that moment but will definitely rewatch Micronesia again some day so will look out for it. I love how much of a nobody she is and how insignificant she is compared to the rest of the BWB. Especially considering how she thought that her and Parvati were so tight and she just got left by the wayside without a second thought. LOL @ her limping into the darkness to leave us with my favourite F5 ever.

Yes Shambo would have been perfect as a premerge boot. Or even if she had flipped to Foa Foa and then the producers hadn't rigged the season so we could see Laura and her troops take out Shambo and Russell like they were supposed to. Natalie probably still would have made it far as someone who flipped over to Laura's side ^__^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 am

Jeff Probst seemed to have fun poking fun at Alexis, as well.

I liked Tocantins Sierra at the time, though I think some of the appeal was that she was a little brat and seemed a bit outside her element which sort of made me root for her...? Tocantins is such a blur, but I agree that Erinn was infinitely more likeable. Wasn't Sierra the one recruited from a taco bar? lol

Denise and Shambo.... ugh. I'll never forget when someone misspelled her name on the survivor boards as "Debise" and people started using it - of all the shit I've forgotten over the years, I'm not sure why I never forgot that. lol
I think Denise is slightly better than Shambo, though. Denise probably thought she could get one of the girls to turn on Todd (and honestly, they probably should've given the result), whereas Shambo was outright trying to ruin Galu's game because she was a bitter person. I can at least understand Denise's game a little better and she at least tried to make it to the end, even if her strategy infuriated us sometimes because it seemed so doomed for failure. Shambo was just being a snot and was fueled by hate, and not even turning on Galu had strategic motives behind it. Worst yet, Shambo talks about gameplay in her jury speech... funny coming from her.

Even though life was tough for Sugar during and after HvV, it sort of made me see her in a new light and make me understand and appreciate her more despite her grating final two episodes in Gabon. Generally I liked her throughout Gabon, though. Like Phillip, she brought the unpredictability and entertainment factor to what could've been a boring season. It just didn't always have the best results, especially when Crystal left. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm

I think I might have started Debise <3 Laughing

I just giggled so much remembering Alexis limping down the walk of shame into obscurity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 pm

What was funny about Alexis limping as she left?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Well, a not so secret known among some superfans is that Erik, James and Alexis seriously injured themselves trying to sneak into the producer's camp to steal a bunch of food so I guess if you see the limp as some karma it could be taken as funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)   

Back to top Go down

Jack ranks top 100 iconic Survivor men & women (55-51 MEN updated)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next