Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Shows you gave up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:15 pm

I ragequit TVD after the main characters that were heralded as the ultimate compassion killed Kol so they could trigger killing off an entire bloodline to get a map that would lead to a cure of being vampires or something stupid like that. It was too much to see people presented as heroes committing literal genocide and it clearly supposed to be seen as the right thing to do.

Anything you couldn't finish cuz it got too ridiculous/rage-inducing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

hmmm Boardwalk Empire. They killed off the best character in like season 2 and I didn't forgive me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Who was that?

Oh, I also quit The Following halfway through the first season. It was getting ridiculous with how incompetent every cop was besides Kevin Bacon and how every second rando on the street was a secret cult agent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm

CSI, did not like when they got rid of Grissom and Warrick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Merriska wrote:
Who was that?

Oh, I also quit The Following halfway through the first season. It was getting ridiculous with how incompetent every cop was besides Kevin Bacon and how every second rando on the street was a secret cult agent.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 pm

American Horror Story. I was really into it during the first 2 seasons, then season 3 came along and it was ok. Season 4 was a mess but didn't want to stop watching mid season, and finished it. Season 5 was a bigger mess and couldn't even finish it. Annoying because there was one character in that season that if they had gone with that character as the "bad guy" instead of the super obvious twist that you can figure out on Episode 1, it would have been a great season. Dennis O'Hare's character was the only good thing about that season.

I heard Season 6 was better but I am in no hurry to watch it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Iraheto

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Tried to watch How To Get Away With Murder but could not get into it at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 am

Emerald city. Couldn't get into it. Too much world building was needed to catch up the audience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 pm

brady911 wrote:
CSI, did not like when they got rid of Grissom and Warrick

Different crime franchise, but I keep deleting DVR'd Criminal Minds without watching them because the new agents are so boring and Reid's prison storyline is so depressing. I just want him to be exonerated already.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

I have not seen the new season, recently watched the whole show on Netflix. I have a feeling with Morgan and Hotch gone I will be disappointed to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:07 pm

I gave up Lost after a few seasons. If you missed an episode you were screwed Laughing and I missed too many to catch up and I didn't even really care as it got too ridiculous for my liking. I like the whole plane crashing on an island thing, but throw in smoke monsters, time travel and whatever other far fetched nonsense, my attention is lost. Sorry to any Lost fans reading this Laughing I did enjoy the first couple of seasons.

I do appreciate this though Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm

I think most people agree that Lost got too convoluted. It's one of those universal things, like how no one likes Heroes after the writer's strike started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnashobviously

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:58 pm

I gave up on Empire, I got too bored and prefer reality television because it is hard to keep my attention.  

I've recently tuned out of Shameless although I tune in and out on Netflix much for the same reason I said above I can't stick with a series for too long.

The Following I gave up on as well like after the first season into the second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Parawhore

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Merriska you got further with TVD than me I gave up after season 3... They ruined Forwood and redeemed Klaus who btw killed Jenna.

Hemlock Grove.. I gave up on because it was filmed way too weird. Like it was filmed like a real life documentary style.

Shadow Hunters.. Now that was bad everything lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR9fZnjKQb1REMG7d0tJ3A
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Well they didn't completely redeem him I don't think, they were still trying to kill him until they found out if they did they would all die lol. But yeah, Forwood was really sweet and I'm sad it was ruined so harshly. I usually don't care about ships at all but they were good together.

Was it as bad as the movie adaptation though? lol. I don't have a channel where it airs here so I don't know. I'm glad that the people running the social media for the show take shots on the author of the book the show was based on though, she's an infamous fanfic bully and plagarist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Parawhore

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 pm

and I think they completely redeemed him and it wasn't working like a Spike way. He had recently committed said crimes and didn't say at all that he regretted them.

As far as Shadow hunters.. Well it's extremely low budget. The actress playing Clary while she looks like her is a far worse actress than Lilly Collins. it's like The Secret Life Of The American Teenager meets TVD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR9fZnjKQb1REMG7d0tJ3A
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm

They did seem to go lighter on him, that's true. I read the recap of the finale curious on how it all ended and he donated three million dollars to this supernatural school they built...I don't know if I would have been able to accept it knowing he'd killed my aunt.

Gross. Well, I still love whoever's running their Twitter for shading Cassandra Clare. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, American Horror Story, The Affair, House of Cards and Shameless. I may go back to some of them, but for now I stopped watching all of these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Haven't heard Sons of Anarchy or HOC yet. What made you put them down?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 pm

I personally like SOA it did have a lull but it picked back up. The last 2 seasons of AHS have been a bit boring for me but I always watch just fast forward through a lot of it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
modica

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Merriska wrote:
Haven't heard Sons of Anarchy or HOC yet. What made you put them down?
Sons of Anarchy got boring, but I do hear it picked up, so this is one I may get back into. House of Cards was good the first two seasons, but season 3 bored me. I couldn't get through it. I don't think I will pick that one up again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 pm

american horror story hotel i never finished because it didnt keep me, but roanoke i actually really liked,

i also gave up the walking dead after about the 3rd episode this season, the show literally killed off 2 major characters and then moved at such a slow pace, and its pretty bad when i stop at the 3rd episode and then watch the finale and get caught up in 1 minute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:04 pm

I did hear it was pretty slow, though
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Don't think you really did get caught up in 1 minute. Who were the people who betrayed Rick and what was their purpose being there? How did Daryl escape the santuary? Why was Eugene on the Saviours side? Why did Sasha kill herself? How did Olivia and Spencer die? Who killed Richard? Where is Heath? Why does Dwight want to turn on Negan? I can think of about 20 more questions you couldn't possibly know the answers to from missing 12 episodes, but you're making a judgement based on content you haven't even seen. I'm just making a point that you're exaggerating.

That's right, it killed off two major characters, so you're naturally going to get a slower period. You can't just burn through content. There's a budget and the fact they'd catch up on the comic if they just sped through it. You have to build towards things. Lots of people don't get that it's all about set up. They have to set up the scenario so that there is maximum pay off when it happens. It spent half a season with Rick's people under the dictatorship of Negan and the second half of the season building towards fighting back, which began in the finale and set up the next season perfectly.

I suggest you don't bother watching next season if that's how you feel about it. Doesn't sound like you enjoy it very much so you should probably give the show up and move on to something else Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shows you gave up   

Back to top Go down

Shows you gave up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1