HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Terrible games you played

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Yeah, it's too bad all Andromeda is going to be remembered for is the facial animation memes. But the way I see it, it's an easily fixable issue and if they couldn't fix it by launch, they must have been fixing a more important issue and rushed to meet deadlines. It probably could have been much worse.

I can't really think of any. I don't go out of my way to play bad games lol. Most of the time, I look at reviews before I play a game and if they're really bad, I just don't play it. For example, Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, and No Man's Sky. All games I was looking forward to but never played because of reviews. I'm also more tolerant of games people don't like, like Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed Unity.

Even as a kid, I can't remember any really bad games. It's not like movies or tv because video games are longer and I'm not going to invest a lot of time playing something I don't like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Yeah, that makes sense if you read reviews a lot. I don't think most people intentionally go out and play a bad game or invest a lot of time into it unless they're a review/Let's Play channel on Youtube, it just sometimes happens.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Sat May 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Started playing Mass Effect: Andromeda. It's fine lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Sat May 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Nat, you can be the tester to see if these games are just getting bad press and aren't actually bad. Your next assignment is Yooka-Laylee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Tue May 09, 2017 5:06 pm

I had a random memory about the second edition of the Survivor PC game that shows it to be quite terrible, as well... even almost as bad as the original game. Almost being the key word.

Well, the game was designed to avoid ties at all costs. If the lines were perfectly drawn across the middle, someone was always going to flip or throw their vote away to avoid the tie. The game was designed this way. No purple rocks was incorporated in the game, even though the game was released post-Marquesas. Interesting, or lazy.

It was really apparent at the final four. If you won immunity and wanted to fuck with the two computer players who were really close, you could side with their target and attempt to force a tie. But then the vote always came back 3-1, implying that the target VOTED HIMSELF OFF and you were the odd man out even though you were immune.

It was really fucked up too considering that, as I mentioned before, there was that little cheat where you could skip strategizing time and force the tribe to head straight to tribal council if you didn't win immunity and wanted to stay. As a result, the computer players would cannibalize themselves even though it made no logical sense at all.

I also remember that the computer was designed for the players to absolutely hate Colleen Haskell and especially Elisabeth Filarski. Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien always seemed like such a HBIC and I hated it when she was on my tribe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Tue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

lol Have any of you played Sonic the Hedgehog (the one that is referred to as Sonic '06)? My GOD were the controls glitchy as fuck in that game. It was basically unplayable! It was quite weird plotwise, but as a Game Movie it was okay by bad standards. But yeah, that game felt so unfinished it wasn't even funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Tue May 09, 2017 6:18 pm

IT'S NO USE IT'S NO USE TAKE THIS TAKE THIS IT'S NO USE

*slow-motion deep voice* IIIIITSSS NOOO FUUUUCKING UUUSSEEEEE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Borderlands. I mean, I see the genius behind it but I'm finding it terrible for some reason.

I wanted to hate Dead Rising but it's too awesome and I was just getting my ass handed to me. Have to give respect Wink 

Mass Effect in general is a goddess <3 I love that the new game is being made fun of in memes. The best part of those games is the cheese! I had a blast with 1 and 2 but never got around to playing the 3rd one and figured I'd need it before moving on to 4. In the end though it's really not my thing.

Has anyone tried the new Friday the 13th??

And Dan you're totally right about that Survivor PC game. I tried to fuck with the computer players too in the final four, and there's NO POSSIBLE WAY to ever force a tie..in either of the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   

Back to top Go down

Terrible games you played
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2