HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Terrible games you played

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:10 pm

I remember renting this game called Quest 64 from the local convenience store in the 90's and the camera angles, mapping and battle system were all terrible. I wasn't sure if it was just me being shitty at games as a little kid (which I admittedly was, I would play Ocarina of Time and restart every time I got to the second level of the Dodongo's Cavern cuz I was clueless and scared of the Beamo enemies), but apparently it wasn't just me. There's a lot of people that agreed that it was simply a bad RPG.

Anything you've played that was just awful? Can be recent or something you remember from a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm

This isn't really on topic but my "gaming" days were as a kid lol. I'm not at all a gamer now. For whatever reason, I just adored the old game systems, lke we all did, and was never able to get into the new consoles. We had an Atari ST as kids. Each game was a floppy disk. There was all sorts like Street Fighter, Golden Axe, Return of the Jedi. All sorts of fun games. A much simpler time, 2D games. I just was never interested in the flash ones of today.

Well my interest went as far as Playstation I guess. Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Driver, Medal of Honour and of course Fifa football. PS3 was just Fifa, same with PS4. I have a PS4 but (and this will no doutb annoy some people), I don;t use it lol liek ever. It's just sitting there. I do hope to get back into Fifa though when the latest version comes out in September.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm

And do you remember anything you played as a kid that wasn't that fun? Like maybe the controls were shoddy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Laughing well we had two joy sticks, but one was miles better than the other, does that count?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Not really 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Merriska <33. Girl, the N64 had SO many bad games lol. I think people always remember the classics, and there's a ton of them, but I haven't forgot about the bad ones that I used to rent from the small video store I've told Mark about (<3). Did you ever play Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt? lmao it was so awful!! There was also this really bad Scooby Doo game that I played once and I couldn't find Velma's glasses in the first level so I just gave up <3. It made me sad cause I like Rugrats and Scooby Doo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Bobby rugrats is my show. You have no idea how much that show meant to me as a child. I was a,mix of chuckie and Angelica
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:46 am

I'll always remember that terrible Survivor PC game that was probably rushed and released in the height of the success of the first few seasons off the TV show. That game was a real gem, I'll tell you that much.

The social interactions were just downright awful. One exchange that I recall is that you could say "I SMELL BEEF JERKY!" to someone and that person would be like "OHHH, you're bad!" Downtime would consist of your character walking about the camp talking to people, attempting to strategize even though nothing you could say would make a lick of difference. The votes always ended up being something crazy, like 3-2-1-1-1-1.

The immunity challenges were complicated and atrocious. I recall there was one where you had to pull a log to the finish line and I just could not figure it out for the life of me. In fact, I couldn't figure out any of them for the life of me.

Then the loading screens would freeze, but the "continue" button would be there but hidden so unless you knew where its general location was and you clicked in that spot, you'd be stuck waiting forever. Sometimes, it would just completely freeze up on you so you'd have to force quit and restart over. Ugh.

On the plus side, the game was sort of like Survivor Borneo before strategizing took over, but it really sucked when the vote would come down and you were on the end of it. lol It was so anticlimactic, and I believe it was that way as well if you won. When I finally won the title of Sole Survivor, it was like  "oh, ok - can I have my time spent trying to get this damn game to work back?"

Luckily the next edition was better designed, though I discovered a little cheat that if you go straight to tribal council without giving anybody any time to strategize, you will not have your name written down at all. It was sort of nice when there were people on the tribe who disliked you. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Arik

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 am

Omg Bobby do u remember the Rugrats Search for Reptar game where u had to collect the puzzle pieces by playing hide and seek, mini golf and other games? I loved it lmao.

Dan that Survivor game is still sitting on shelf where I will never touch it again. No matter how many allies you had, the moment you lost immunity you were getting voted out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Shred wrote:
Merriska <33. Girl, the N64 had SO many bad games lol. I think people always remember the classics, and there's a ton of them, but I haven't forgot about the bad ones that I used to rent from the small video store I've told Mark about (<3). Did you ever play Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt? lmao it was so awful!! There was also this really bad Scooby Doo game that I played once and I couldn't find Velma's glasses in the first level so I just gave up <3. It made me sad cause I like Rugrats and Scooby Doo.

Yes, omg that was so bad. And so was the one they made of the Powerpuff Girls. All the games based off of movies (Superman 64 <3) and cartoons were so shitty.

There's a Survivor game that was made for the Wii too and it's also terrible. It freezes and glitches out all the time and it emphasizes challenges above everything else, which might not be so bad if the motion control wasn't so awful. You'll never win immunity. I know the time is probably long past because most people (even the people watching) don't care enough to buy a Survivor game, but I wish they had made one that was more based on socializing kinda like an island-Sims and they would have lots of dialogue options and you would actually feel accomplished if you won lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Also Bobby, do you have a Skype or Snapchat? I love how you love all these games and we have to nerd out some time <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Arik wrote:
Dan that Survivor game is still sitting on shelf where I will never touch it again. No matter how many allies you had, the moment you lost immunity you were getting voted out.
I played it once to completion and I ended up winning against Stacey Stillman. I liked how you could have yourself and your friends in the game. My cousin Brian, our friend Olivia, and my friend Whitney were in the game with me.

I remember Olivia was an immunity hog and won like the first three immunity challenges. Then, at the F7 tribal, she got voted out 6-1 when the votes were completely scattered otherwise. That was the most unanimous vote I ever saw on there, except the 7-0 vote that I got when I won. ^_^

Were there were reward challenges? OH god, I hope they weren't reward challenges too. The game was a hassel to get thru with just one challenge, let alone two. pale

I think I attempted a shorter (merge-to-finale) game as Jeff Varner and you're right, I got the boot when I lost immunity. Even lamer was that the vote was like 2-1-1-1-1 and of course I was the one with the two votes...

Never played it again after that. It was so poorly designed and impossible to play from start to finish without interruption from the software that I doubt anybody ever got too into I it. lol
Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

I dunno if anyone here watches things like Iron Chef and Top Chef, but they have a terrible Wii game too. It tells you to chop up vegetables, stir a pot, all these things to make a dish. Except you never get to see your dish or have it judged. I was making it for 40 minutes before giving up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm

lol That sounds awful Merriska. I think a lot of those games get released to profit on the fame and popularity of the shows they're based on but they never really think them thru AT ALL. Sounds like a massive waste of time.

I had this off-brand Tamagotchi-like handheld pet that was a dinosaur probably around 1997/1998(?) that would seriously fucking die overnight no matter how well it was taken care of the night prior. The other Tamagotchi pets were at least programmed better so that if they died, you were a shitty owner for forgetting to feed them or something, but this one was beyond ridiculous. Once I stopped playing it, my mom hilariously started taking care of it until it died one too many times and she herself lost interest because of how inadequate it made her feel as a caregiver. Gotta love the 90s and the discount-store knockoffs that came along with the more popular brands of the times.
Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Lol I saw a guy reviewing/playing that Survivor game on Youtube a while ago. Looked darn right awful Laughing it'd be cool if they could make a Survivor game that was actually good, but I don't think that'd be possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
Lol I saw a guy reviewing/playing that Survivor game on Youtube a while ago. Looked darn right awful Laughing it'd be cool if they could make a Survivor game that was actually good, but I don't think that'd be possible.

Was it PeanutButterGamer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm

cooltu101 wrote:
Bobby rugrats is my show. You have no idea how much that show meant to me as a child. I was a,mix of chuckie and Angelica

Turner, why am I not surprised you were a mix between Chuckie and Angelica haha. I was a very, very shy and quiet kid, so I was honestly probably not like any of them lol. I was actually really shy all the way up until middle school. I remember in elementary school we had to sit with our class at lunch (it wasn't like recess), and my best friend was always in another class and I wanted to sit with him but couldn't and it made me sad. The boys would sit on one end of the table and the girls on the other, so I just sat with all the boys and I swear there was one year (I think it was 2nd) where I didn't talk at all during lunch time lol. It didn't help that I was the new kid that year.
Turner, I loved Rugrats though!! Are You Afraid of the Dark and Hey Arnold! too. Nick in the 90's was the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm

A-Supreme wrote:
One exchange that I recall is that you could say "I SMELL BEEF JERKY!" to someone and that person would be like "OHHH, you're bad!"

LMAO. This is one of the funniest things I've read on here all week. Jerri Manthey <33.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Dan, my Tamagotchi was so coot <3. I looked out for it for the longest time!! My Furby however was a real douchebag lol. It never wanted to learn anything and I think I just threw it the closet or under my bed one day and don't remember what happened to it. Everyone else I knew got it to work lmao, but mine I think just wanted to spite me <3.

Merriska, I do have Skype!! I can't believe I don't have you added on there (we played a game together last year). What is your Skype name?? I'll add you! I'd love to talk about the N64 with you. It would be so much fun <33. I don't use it much unless I'm in games though, or check to see if I ever have messages (most of the time I go on there and see nothing but tumbleweeds).

Last edited by Shred on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 pm

merriska.carrier

Also I think Hey Arnold had a bad game too. Laughing And Mario Party 9 was a major disappointment with that freaking car. 10 was somewhat salvagable cuz Bowser Party can be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 pm

Oh i love hey Arnold that show was great as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:53 am

I'm not sure who the guy was lol it was ages ago but he talked as he played a game and it was Australian Outback. It just looked really cheesy Laughing I think he was maybe playing as Jerri. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Did anyone play the new Mass Effect? It seems like it's getting worse reviews than usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 pm

I haven't played it yet, but from what I hear it's not a bad game. It just doesn't live up to the original trilogy. To be fair, that's a pretty high bar. I'll play it soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

I haven't played it either, just noticed people seem to be frustrated with it for bugs and thinking the character customization is fugly. What turds have you played Nat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible games you played   

Back to top Go down

Terrible games you played
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next