Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Woo hoo let's get starteddd

#26: Brendan Murray - Dying To Try (Ireland)

Why: Oh great another ballad lol. When did Daniel Radcliffe become a singer? lol. This is so harmless but also so, been there, done that. Not bad, but doesn't stand out either. He has a good voice.

#25: Slavko Kalezić - Space (Montenegro)

Why: YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ROFL ROFL this is so gay lol. At least I'll give it credit for not giving a shet what others are gonna think. He's kind of hot tho, except for that ridiculous hair. I am not sure if I should be turned on or off by this Laughing but I had a ton of FUN watching/listening to this so fvck it lol.

#24: Alma - Requiem (France)

Why: Didn't really get this song. It was good though!!. It was catchy but I didn't really get it. Not bad at all, definitely in the top half of this year. Their song from last year was better though.

#23: Joci Pápai - Origo (Hungary)

Why: No freaking clue what he's saying but points for not being in English. This song is very interesting, haunting. Sounds very middle eastern-like. One song that I am not rushing to listen to again but I can appreciate that it is a good song.

#22: Triana Park - Line (Latvia)

Why: Well umm this is unique lol. I dont think her voice is that great but the song makes up for that with the catchy beat. I hope they make some sick remixes of this.

#21: Norma John - Blackbird (Finland)

Why:  This song doesn't really go anywhere or has that big moment, very very slow, almost bordering on boring, but it's very haunting and pretty, I'll give it that.  And she can sing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com Online
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:57 pm

More songs yass

#20: Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On (Sweden)

Why: Tthis is bad but strangely I also cant hate it because at least he can sing and it's catchy (and he ain't that bad to look at. Man, Swedish men are HAWT) But this is so far from the kind of music I like. It's probably going to be one of the songs that will score highly and end up in the top 5.

#19: Svala - Paper (Iceland)

Why: This is catchy. Video is creepy but I would definitely download this and give it another listen.  Really like the beat and it's a little catchy.

#18: Julia Samoylova - Flame Is Burning (Russia)

Why: She can sing and it's a very beautiful song, but I dont know, after such an awesome song last year this almost feels like a step down. But it's not bad, I like it! Sucks that she won't get to perform in the show though.  (and now I am hearing Russia is withdrawing from the contest. So yea, #fuckpolitics)

#17: Anja - Where I Am (Denmark)

Why: Well I wouldn't be shocked if this ends up winning. It's nowhere near the best of the year but it definitely has a catchy beat to it and it's very upbeat, very pop.   I like her voice, she can definitely sing.

#16: NAVIBAND - Historyja Majho Zyccia (Belarus)

Why:  remember being crazy about Cyprus and Georgia last year because their songs were so different. Even though I have no idea what they are saying here, I am really liking this because of how different it is from the 100 power ballads that will be sent this year lol. This is very Of Monsters and Men, I kinda like it.

Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Thoughts on Russia having to drop out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Wanna do the first 10 of my top 20 now and the top 10 later tonight.

#15: Sunstroke Project - Hey Mamma (Moldova)

Why: This is like, not that great but at the same time I had a good laugh listening to it and watching the video lol. Just for the entertainment factor I hope this makes it to the finale so I can watch it being performed twice.

#14: IMRI - I Feel Alive (Israel)

Why: His voice is a little too whiny for my taste but major points for being a catchy pop dance song instead of another ballad lol. I can see this doing well on the radio. Catchy tune and he is pretty hot.

#13: JOWST - Grab The Moment (Norway)

Why: I feel about this song and Israel's almost the same. I think this one is  a little better because his voice is better. Catchy, harmless, I hope it does well. ROOTING FOR YOU NORWAY after being robbed last year.

#12: Lucie Jones - Never Give Up On You (United Kingdom)

Why: Oh she can sing! No idea who Lucie Jones is but I am liking what I am listening. Hope this does well in the finals, probably one of the few good ballads this year and we know we have a lot of those already.

#11: Demy - This Is Love (Greece)

Why:  Haha wow I thought this was going to be a power ballad but suddenly turned into a dance song lol I am living for this, get it Greece! If it has a flashy performance I can see this doing great. After the borefest that was last year's winner, I am ready for something more upbeat to win. The lyrics are a mess, but I'll forgive it because the beat is catchy.

10 Countries remain:

Australia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, FYR Macedonia, Georgia, Austria, Portugal, Belgium, Ukraine,  Italy.

WHO WILL CLAIM THE TOP SPOT???
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Merriska wrote:
Thoughts on Russia having to drop out?

It's really petty from Russia because they were given the choice of sending someone else who was not on the list of people banned from entering Ukraine but they chose not to. And it's also really petty from Ukraine to make it so political, but I heard that's Eurovision. So I can't really take a side.

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 pm

More rankings yass. THE TOP 10!!

#10: Timebelle - Apollo (Switzerland)

Why: I bet this is probably one of those songs that I like and most people will hate. I like this, it has a very catchy chorus that I probably won't be able to get out of my head anytime soon lol.  Good stuff right here, yes, good luck Switzerland!

#9: Salvador Sobral - Amar Pelos Dois (Portugal)

Why: Well points for not being in English, and even more points for being very unique. I dont remember anything like this recently so I hope people notice that and give it credit. Sounds like this belongs in the soundtrack of an French (or Portuguese) indie movie.

#8: O.Torvald - Time (Ukraine)

Why: Wow sooooooo much better than the mess that they sent last year, and automatically get points for being the ONLY rock song this year wtf Eurovision. As a fan of rock music, I am definitely liking this. His voice is probably not the best, but I'll forgive them because it works for this kind of music? Anyway, really like this and will probably download it. Don't really want Ukraine to win again but I am rooting for them to do well.

#7: Jana Burčeska - Dance Alone (F.Y.R. Macedonia)

Why: Yasss Macedonia. This is catchy af. I love that video too. This is very pop and upbeat and fun and I am hoping it does well. I would so vote for this if I could.  This song definitely feels like it belongs in the top of the pop charts. Good good, I like.

#6: Tamara Gachechiladze - Keep The Faith (Georgia)

Why: It's Georgian Beyonce! Wow, she can sing. This song just started and I am already so into it. What a voice. Reminds me a little of Australia's song last year, which I loved, so I like this one too. As the song goes along, it keeps getting better. I hope this does well.

O.M.G. the top 5 is coming. Australia, Belgium, Italy, Austria and Bulgaria...which country has the best song this year, in MY opinion??
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 pm

THE TOP 5:

#5: Isaiah - Don't Come Easy (Australia)

Why: This is...so good!! I know people have been saying that this song is just another power ballad and it's disappointing coming from Australia. But there's a diffference between this song and most of those other ballads, in that the lyrics in this song *make sense*. Like,  I like the comment that says if this was an Adele song it would be a worlwide hit. I believe it.

Last edited by kyogre123 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:18 pm

#4: Nathan Trent - Running On Air (Austria)

Why: Aawww he's so cute. And he has such a sweet voice made to dominate the charts. Hey, if Ed Sheeran can make it, why cant he lol. Also, it's like 85 degrees outside (30 degrees for European folks) and I am so angry watching this video because I want to be there right now. Anyway, cute guy, cute song, very catchy. I hope this does well.

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 pm

The Top 3 is coming up.

Song # 3:

#3: Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess (Bulgaria)

Why: How old is this kid, he looks 12. He has such a good voice though. Yes I know it's ANOTHER BALLAD, but just like Australia, if this was sung by a popular artist, I bet it would be a hit. Ugh I had a comment already in my head about how the song name was APPROPRIATE but then the song didn't suck, so, t.ears.

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 pm

And the TOP 2 SONGS OF THIS YEAR'S EUROVISION SONG CONTEST, IN MY OPINION, ARE...

Song #2:

#2: Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma (Italy)

Why: OMG this is so cute and catchy. Also he has like, the cutest smile and dance ever, mmmmm yes please. Is that monkey gonna join him on stage when he performs? Please do and automatically win lol. Like I am serious, if that chimp is in there with him dancing this will be like, the best performance ever. This is so nice and cute and ahhh, I love it. I am all for catchy silly tunes that are actually you know, good, and this has all of that. I see that this is the early favorite to win and I am not surprised at all. Francesco can get it.

And MY FAVORITE SONG this year:

#1:  Blanche - City Lights (Belgium)

Why: This. is. beautiful. Her voice is so good, definitely want to download and listen to this again many, many times. Has that soft indie pop feel to it that I like, I can see this doing really well, I hope so at least. I like this comment from the video "This song is too good for Eurovision!" Laughing That chorus is so catchy, and has been stuck in my head since I heard this song for the first time lol. BELGIUM WIN PLEASE!!!! SOMEONE HERE WHO CAN VOTE PLEASE VOTE FOR BELGIUM.

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 pm

So just to recap:

1. Belgium
2. Italy
3. Bulgaria
4. Austria
5. Australia
6. Georgia
7. Macedonia
8. Ukraine
9. Portugal
10. Switzerland
11. Greece
12. United Kingdom
13. Norway
14. Israel
15. Moldova
16. Belarus
17. Denmark
18. Russia
19. Iceland
20. Sweden
21. Finland
22. Latvia
23. Hungary
24. France
25. Montenegro
26. Ireland
27. Czech Republic
28. Romania
29. Spain
30. Malta
31. Netherlands
32. Serbia
33. Armenia
34. Germany
35. Albania
36. San Marino
37. Estonia
38. Cyprus
39. Poland
40. Azerbaijan
41. Croatia
42. Lithuania
43. Slovenia

NOW, as far as how I think these songs are going to do in the actual contest....I don't know lol. Last year I assumed Ukraine and Poland wouldn't even make it to the finals and we saw how that turned out Laughing so, no clue. But still rooting for my Top 10. Those are all good songs, so I hope they do well.
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:45 am

Good top 10. I'll do mine at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:31 am

What is a ballad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:17 pm

EnnJaySee wrote:
What is a ballad?

Slow tempo song, can be romantic or tell a story and have a dramatic end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Oh ugh, they're boring for Eurovision. To me it's about being upbeat and fun. I much more enjoy a fun pop song to a slow one Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Yeah, and there's always like a dozen of them (ballads)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Do your top 26 you think will make top 26 at Euro too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 am

Cindyfan wrote:
Do your top 26 you think will make top 26 at Euro too.

Not sure if you're asking me lol but this is what I think:

1. Belgium
2. Italy-IN
3. Bulgaria
4. Austria
5. Australia
6. Georgia
7. Macedonia

8. Ukraine-IN
9. Portugal
10. Switzerland
11. Greece
12. United Kingdom-IN
13. Norway
14. Israel
15. Moldova
16. Belarus
17. Denmark
18. Russia
19. Iceland
20. Sweden
21. Finland
22. Latvia
23. Hungary
24. France-IN
25. Montenegro
26. Ireland
27. Czech Republic
28. Romania
29. Spain-IN
30. Malta
31. Netherlands
32. Serbia
33. Armenia
34. Germany-IN
35. Albania
36. San Marino
37. Estonia
38. Cyprus
39. Poland
40. Azerbaijan
41. Croatia
42. Lithuania
43. Slovenia

Norway and Iceland have decent songs this year so I hope they make it.
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Yes you. Hmm interesting choices. I'll do mine too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)   

Back to top Go down

I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Finals: 26-1)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1