HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Persona 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soco-81

PostSubject: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 pm

It's amazing. Can't stop playing.

3 & 4 were probably my all-time favorite games. Literally NO flaws.

Any others fans here?

4 even has a gay bath house as one of its dungeons. And a strip club. Way more amazing than it sounds. It was like everyone had a dark side and that would turn into that character's dungeon level. It was shocking af some of the reveals. The boss for the strip club literally Slides around on a poll and makes squishy vagina noises and says "hold miiiiiiiiii". 

They always have jaw dropping twists too. 

And then there's the music <3 I download the songs all the time and feel like such a mega nerd jamming out to them.

Here is the strip club dungeon music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMlK6eqe_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Is this the game where if you cheat instead of a bunch of hot girls everyone in the bathhouse is an old lady?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:20 pm

I don't believe so? It's a game about alter-ego's in a sense. But they call it a "persona". Like the quiet nerd is actually a raging hateful bitch. The sweet innocent girl is actually a slutty stripper. The manly guy in the game is secretly gay, and that's why his dungeon manifests as a bath house. It's where gay dudes go and they only wear towels. I don't recall any women being in it. That could be the stripper dungeon though cause the boss for that stage is an ugly old lady.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:30 pm

I might have been thinking about one of the Witcher's. Oops.

It does sound cool though. It caused some controversy a few days ago in another indie gaming community cuz the lolcow dev that was late on releasing another build of his game (that's been in development for three years and he says prob won't be done for another three lol) was caught streaming Persona 5 on Twitch for 13 hours straight lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Yeah it's ridiculously engaging and completely sucks you in right away. I'm not surprised he played for that many hours straight lol. Just from playing 3 and 4 (3 is the best), they kind of do consume your life a little bit. They're not exhausting level grinding and dungeon crawling games either. They're oddly addicting in other ways and they have soooo much depth and innuendos and social commentaries. Lots to enjoy. It also has that "you can do whatever you want" thing going for it. So it's not mind-numbingly linear like some games. I honestly think you would enjoy them, Merriska. They're impossible to copy too, totally unique to whoever makes them. No other games out there that are even remotely similar.

Time consuming, but in a GOOD way if that makes sense Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Sounds fun, I probably don't have the right console though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:29 pm

This one is on my list too. I'm not much of a JRPG guy, but I heard Persona 5 is really good. Never played any other Persona games. It's a separate story though I think so I might try it out. I love super long games. Just wish I had time to play them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Yeah you actually can jump in anywhere with Persona. They are all different storylines. The little dude that makes the personas for you is the only recurring character I believe. And some of the personas. I'm not one for JRPG's either for the most part. That's what made me hesitate to play it for so long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 am

I played for 40 hours and couldn't go on. I was never a big JRPG fan, but I tried it and while it was fun, I just couldn't push myself for another 40-60 hours. The cat telling me to sleep every night killed my immersion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Yah dude the cat ruins life so much in that game lol. I finally found a spoiler-free relationship-focused guide that makes the game move at a better pace and it had activities to suggest in place of sleeping (though yeah there are times where he forces you to sleep).

I have to say the finale was pretty fantastic. Try it again sometime cause it's definitely worth it. Probably my #1 game this year unless something else comes along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiend1933

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 am

I probably will at some point. I tried to follow a guide but the guide didn't explain I needed the various personas to level up(friendships) in my inventory and well while not explaining it I fell behind. Its a fantastic game for JRPG fans, I just never got into the craze back in the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:56 pm

my boyfriend played it non stop, hes at the final dungeon now, he found a cheat for like a bunch on money 9,999,999 or something.

from what i watched him play of it, it looks great and really interesting and deep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Fucking fantastic game, Will. 3 and 4 were the same but 5 was like, the ultimate polished form of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm

I've been playing this! A little burnt out right now so I'm taking a break, but I'm at December. Going to have to play New Game + since I didn't max out all the confidants in time. It's my favorite game of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Yay Nat!!! I'm so glad you got into it. I don't wanna be ridiculous but it's....life changing in a way. I feel like the games really teach you to keep your friendships in check and to recognize what people mean to you and what virtues they symbolize for you. If only we could take our time to consider every single thing we say to someone you know?

I'm also replaying New Game+ for the max confidants. I believe I missed Sun (politics guy), Fortune (fortune teller chick), and sadly Hermit (Futaba) and Empress (Haru). I'm totally the HERMIT confidant. I don't like to leave my house these days lol.

Even the random bits like the cat turning into a Scooby doo van. HOW does that even turn out to be so damn fantastic? Great music, great characters, great story, GREAT EVERYTHING.

Haru love so much <3 <3 <3 I think my first run I ended up dating the Devil Confidant (the annoying reporter) since I didn't respond properly to the girls I actually probably would've wanted to date for battle perks. First run through, blind no guide. This time though I'm def guiding so I don't miss anything. Enjoy brother! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:17 pm

It is! Thank you for recommending it. I wish I got on the Persona bandwagon earlier. I really enjoy the social aspect. Love the choose what you say games.

I missed Sun too. I tried to go back, but he wouldn't talk to me. Then I looked it up and found out that there's a deadline. I've talked to everyone else though. Currently dating Ann, Makoto, the fortune teller, the reporter, Tae, Hifumi, and the teacher. Feel kind of guilty about it but I heard that's the way to go lol. Also almost maxed Ryuji. The characters are the best part imo. They all bring something different.

I try to do the palaces in one go, which is exhausting. The ship one took forever because the safe rooms were so far apart and this one enemy kept insta-killing me. I love and hate the combat. The boss fights are awesome because I can actually see myself getting better.

This game is amazing though! I almost never replay games, but I'm already looking forward to doing this one again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Yeah I never replay games either. And yes ugh the palaces at times they can be taxing esp if you're trying to get things in one go, or by certain dates. Holy cow I bet doin em in one run in massive. I think I got the most frustrated with that ship one just with the epic distances between things and all the little "side" things you had to do before moving on to new areas. Just really though, perfect game man that's all there is to say about it. And it seems to be EFFORTLESS from whoever makes these titles so I'm obviously hoping there's a 6 and 7 and so on. I even dabbled in a couple other titles from Shin Megami Tensei. Digital Devil Saga was okay. Nocturne was almost better than the Persona games. It had a creepy horror-ish vibe as well.

Hmmm I've never considered dating more than one personal at a time. Intriguing lol. I think the 4th one even lets you date a guy? Kanji was gay I believe but I might be getting the detail wrong. Kanji's palace was a gay bath house. In that game, every character had a dark side and it manifested as a creepy dungeon. One of the nice wholesome girls was this raging over-sexed stripper and her dungeon was a strip club. Mind blowing tbh, not even exaggerating.

And you are very welcome. Was happy to recommend. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Yeah, you can date all of them with almost no repercussions. Except for apparently

Spoiler:

That's what I've heard anyway. I didn't get to that part yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Gah Sojiro....that one was a picky Confidant. Love those though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   

Back to top Go down

Persona 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum for the IMDb Games community :: Other :: Video Games-
Jump to: