Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 am

Alright so I am going to do this in two threads. One thread for my bottom 17 songs, and will do the Top 26 on Friday.

This is all personal opinion so, sorry in advance if I ranked your favorites low lol.

#43: Omar Naber - On My Way (Slovenia)

Why:  WTF is this lol. This is so bad. And the video is even a bigger mess lol. So far I was like, meh this year has some forgettable songs but nothing too terrible. I take that back after listening to this MESS.

#42: Fusedmarc - Rain of Revolution (Lithuania)

Why: Umm ok wow. Well points for being different lol but she cannot sing. And I am willing to forgive weak vocals if the video is good or the beat is catchy. This song has none of that and like, no redeeming qualities. It's only not last because Slovenia really pissed me off at how bad it was lol.

#41: Jacques Houdek - My Friend (Croatia)

Why: This song is so all over the place. The lyrics are trying to be all inspirational and shet, but I was rolling my eyes throughout lol. That doggie at the end was cute though. Anyway yea this sucks. Bye. Next.

#40: Dihaj - Skeletons (Azerbaijan)

Why: Very repetitive and forgettable but the video was nice and she does have a nice voice. Not much else to say, this is very, meh listen to it once and be done with it.

#39: Kasia Moś - Flashlight (Poland)

Why: Meh, this song was a chore listening to, It definitely picked up there at the end but the first 2 minutes were so boring. One of the subpar submissions this year. But then again last year I thought Poland sucked assss too and we all saw how they did, so, sometimes my opinion is very different from the voting public's opinion.

More rankings coming up later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 am

Yous are a bit early lol isn't it another month to go? Where is Thanasis, he loves this shit lol ah Elphie, the lost soul Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Yeah, but it'll be interesting to see how the songs do compared to Henry's rankings. Like something he thinks is in the top 5 might get cut in semifinals cuz Europe hates it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Imagine America was in it. They'd come bottom, for political reasons of course Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:12 pm

More songs yass.

#38: Hovig - Gravity (Cyprus)

Why: Aww they didn't do a rock song again? Sucks. Wish they had. This is so bleh. He can sing, and it's a little catchy. But ehhh, I dont know, not really too crazy about it. I'm pretty I've heard many songs like this before.

#37: Koit Toome and Laura - Verona (Estonia)

Why: Estonia what you doing...this is bad but like, I dont hate it? It doesnt make me feel any strong feelings one way or another. It's so...meh. Better luck next year. Those lyrics though....just because it's a coherent sentence doesn't mean it makes for great or meaningful lyrics Laughing

#36: Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson - Spirit Of The Night (San Marino)

Why: Yas gurl dance, feel your oats. Dont know how to feel about this song. It's pretty forgettable. But they have good voices. Very middle of the road, will probably forget about it once it's over kind of thing. It's kind of different though, so good for them.

#35: Lindita - World (Albania)

Why: Strong vocals and cool video. Pretty much like all those typical, overdone Eurovision song though. I heard many songs like this one before so I dont think this stands out.

#34: Levina - Perfect Life (Germany)

Why: Oh Germany...stay strong. At least they are trying and this is better than whatever mess that was that they sent last year. But still not the best, or the worst. Just...there. Probably will go get snacks or use the bathroom when it's time for this performance xD

#33: Artsvik - Fly With Me (Armenia)

Why: Not bad, catchy tune. But dont really want to rush and listen to it again soon. I saw on one of those odds sites that this is one of the favorites to win. She's almost giving me Shakira vibes with that voice and the music. Anyway, not the best or the worst.

Back to top Go down
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Go UK, GO! *waves little flag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Oh Henry we are solo different on the songs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm

You guys should do a little Eurovision competition. Like once you have all the finalists, you would each predict the song placements. The closer you are to your ranking, the better points you'd get.

Ok lets say you predict Albania to come 12th and they come 15th, that would be -3 points as you were 3 places out, but predict 12th and they come 1st, that's -11! The aim is to amass as small a minus total as possible. Something like that anyway lol. If you got a placement correct, that could be +5 points.

Or you know, you can come up with your own format of sorts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:22 pm

lol Tara. I kinda thought so Laughing

But I liked Denmark and Italy!!
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:25 am

omg time to continue. so many songsss

#32: Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep (Serbia)

Why: Meh. It's ok, not a bad song at all. But doesn't really make me feel much, only indifference. I wish Serbia luck but not too crazy about this one.

#31: OG3NE - Lights And Shadows (The Netherlands)

Why: Well I said I am rooting for the pop songs this year but now I am going to contradict myself because this isn't all that great. It's like, they are not singing, they are almost screaming in some parts lol.  It's only ranked this high because when they are not screaming their voices are pretty good. This will probably do much better than what I ranked them, so whatever lol.

#30: Claudia Faniello - Breathlessly (Malta)

Why: Oh another ballad...can we get something else around here. I love me some ballads, but if like, half the songs are ballads we have a problem. At least I can appreciate her voice, she can sing. It's a beautiful song, but will probably get lost in the pool of ballads. I am rooting for the pop dance songs though. If I want a song to make me cry, I'll play some early 90s Enrique Iglesias, thank you.

#29: Manel Navarro - Do It For Your Lover (Spain)

Why: I know we are supposed to root for our own countries even if the song sucks but ugh, this is just so bland... He can sing, I'll give it that but yea this is so underwhelming . Dont really see this doing all that well in the finals, won't be shocked if it ends in the bottom 5. I mean how many times do you have to keep repeating the same line, gross.

#28: Ilinca ft. Alex Florea - Yodel It! (Romania)

Why: Well here's the fun factor that was missing from all the songs so far. He can't sing all that well but she's so good with that yodeling lol. I would rank this higher but he kind of ruins the song. If it was just her I would probably rank it higher. Always been a fan of yodeling, wish I could do it Laughing

#27: Martina Bárta - My Turn (Czech Republic)

Why: Ugh seems like the typical power ballad Eurovision music video includes half naked people doing some kind of interpretative dance. Like, do something new for once Laughing . Anyway about this song, not as good as last year but it's a cute song with good vocals. Don't see this doing so well though, or moving past the semifinals.

So these 17 songs are all the songs I would personally not pick for the finals. But obviously Spain and Germany are already in, so, WHATEVER. Cuz there are so many songs to do, I will start the Top 26 today I guess and finish tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)   

Back to top Go down

I rank Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entries (Semifinals: 43-27)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1