Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Ok I've watched now. First thing is, that chocolate reward LMAO. It was just a bag of shit Laughing looked like it anyway. Low budget Survivor Laughing they couldn't have put that in a bucket of ice or something?? Hilarious.

I enjoy these episodes that set things up. Plus they have reward and redemption so it's not all just talking. Avi did great at reward and happy he won the bag of chocolate soup <3 haha. I really hope the 4 on that side stay together and Shannon doesn't get in.  She was the only one who showed Nate and Barb respect but don't you remember she too also had decided on going with the 5 and throwing to get Nate out? She became as smug as the other 4. Plus with Georgia winning (sigh), the odds of all 5 making merge are now increased.

Was gutted Georgia won. Sad for Iizzy, she was nice. I am dead against that 5. They have to be broken up and how smug was Mike. Arrogant prick. At least 1 of them must go before merge and I'm concerned Tom will join them. How irritating is Jak? How do Nate and Barb not deserve to be in the game, Mike? Prick. Georgia has to lose. I hope Shannon leaves and they have to face off. Both can't make merge.

LOL at orange trying to throw to get rid of Shay. I never liked her on the original teams but I'm dead against it. I HATE throwing. It should be against the rules in my opinion. If it's obvious you aren't trying, you should be punished. Looks like the challenge will be a train wreck. I really don't want to see Shay go and have to face Georgia. Those 5 can't get back together!! I want any outcome that isn't that 5 coming out on top. Imagine how unbearable it'd be if they do and you have Nate and co all miserable like before, with no options.

I'm really enjoying it, I JUST WISH they had idols in play. That's all it's missing and would really help. Imagine Shay found one or whoever. Survivor always needs to have idols. It's a massive loss. Other than that, it's enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Episode 8:
http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15143445
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Well that of course SUCKED. What a load of dickheads, to not only throw, but to make jokes whilst doing so. Fuck off Mike and Jak, pair of dicks. Ii really hope Shay beats Georgia. Those arrogant pricks need to lose. If they get her back and Tom flips, it will be unbearable to watch them get rid of Avi, Sala, Nate and Barb. They're my favourites. I hate that Tom is going to the dark side. What does he stand to gain? To be used to get rid of people he started out with and then get disposed of himself? HAS HE NEVER SEEN SOUTH PACIFIC?!! All joining them would do is put himself, at best, 5th and I hate that he's close to Jak, that moron. Ugh.

Anyway come on Shay, beat Georgia. I want to see Mike cry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 am

I must add that it was a nice touch to vote Mike, thus making Shay think she was with him and a way to gain intel from the other side at merge. I started out not liking her, but she must win the duel and not Georgia.

Just thinking about thow the numbers will be after this duel, assumign they merge at 10 which seems likely.

If Georgia wins:

Georgia, Mike, Jak, Lee...Tom? Shannon? Possible 6 with Nate, Barb, Avi and Sala on the outs.

If Shay wins:

Shay, Sala, Avi, Nate, Barb, Shannon? Possible 6 with Mike, Lee, Jak and Tom on the outs. I don't see Shannon going with those 4 guys at all. Her psoition is interesting. Like if Georgia gets back in, she could go back to them because they were close but if she goes out, she will likely stay with her new team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 30, 2017 1:06 pm

This duel could determine the quality of this season since there's no idols and everyone besides Shannon seems pretty entrenched with their group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 30, 2017 1:35 pm

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Shannon could flip sides multiple times, so could Tom. The duel is crucial though. I don't want those fools to get the upperhand. I especially dislike Mike and Jak. Pair of fools.

Lol it was sort of funny how emotional Shannon got over the victory and it's like ehh, didn't you get the memo? They threw it...you have to think orange would ahve won had they tried, given how long purple took to actually win it and did you see Jak wrote "TIGHT ASS" with the leters when throwing? Laughing that's kind of funny now but not at the time, just awful. He's really irritating, hope he he gets a major blindside at some point. He's 22 but acts like a teenager. He said in a confessional that's his plan, to act stupid, so people think he's not a threat, but it's an annoying strategy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Yeah, that was gross. But for some reason I still hate Mike more, he just comes across as so dumb and rude and I could see Jax over-emphasizing that to not be taken seriously. But Mike I think is just a ageist douche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Yeah pretty much, just thinks he's God of the game. He was shown to be especially arrogant last episode. There are multiple people who don't trust or like him. I believe Shannon when she says she never trusted him despite being in the 5. That was more because of Georgia. A bit liek when a friend doesn't like the guy her friend is dating Laughing sees throiugh him. Georgia really has to leave so there's no chance Shannon goes back to them. I want to see Mike lose control and crumble. I'm sort of getting Shannon winner vibes lol could be completely wrong but she's in the middle, could go either way and if she plays it right she could go far. The good side will go straight for Mike, with Lee second choice. The douchebags could go for Nate first, given their history but more likely Avi or Sala. Don't want any of those 3 to go. I liked when Shannon was like "Nate scares me. You can just tell he can see through any lie you tell him" Laughing

TIGHT ASS Laughing and you just see Jak grinning. That pure tickles me still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Epiosde 9 mate!

http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15159248
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:46 pm

is neil gonna watch bb usa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:40 pm

I was a bit busy and didn't end up writing my full thoughts on everything like before, so I'll sum it up very quickly:

Thank god Shay came back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:39 pm

I fell asleep last night, so didn't get to see! Will watch both episodes now, then report!!

Episode 10:

http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15161820
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Woohoo, everyone from now on will go to jury.

Lee is so old school, all focused on intergrity and building the shelter lol

Is this foreshadowing fairies?

Pls switch back Tom, that other side besides Lee who might be okay is a bunch of douchebags

This intro <3. It feels like forever ago that Dee, Hannah and Tony were here.

Shannon girl, you're gonna get yourself kicked out for being a middle man lol.

Avi getting a lot of good edgic from people talking nice about him, he probably goes deep.

Wth is that on the fire?

Don't be too confident Shay, we don't know what Shannon's deciding yet D: I hope this isn't foreshadowing.

Glittery pile a random kiwi guy is dancing in lol

There is A LOT of bad talk about Lee. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the boot.

"He would so flip" God I hope not.

"not try to be talking to everybody" Errr you should be talking to everybody no matter what side you're on lol.

"It'd be SO cool if we were the top 5" No, that would be disasterous.

Barb is surprisingly good at this.

Ew. Ew. Ew. Why'd he have to win out of all people?

omg Barb.

Aww, Avi's so caring. I feel bad for dislking you before for being boring...tbf though the first few eps he had no discernable personality so there was nothing to feel much for lol.

Wtf Tom, you seriously didn't care like, at all? Are you a fucking sociopath? Fuck you.

Pls don't join these people Avi, they're terrible.

Yay Barb is back <33

Sala not being a sociopath <3

Pls don't join these people Avi

"Beautiful person, sorry" Okay, Lee's not that terrible but still. lol

Thank God. He wasn't that annoying compared to the others, pretty nice actually. But this had to happen.

omg Immunity and TC right away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Lol so funny reading your commentary. I was thrilled Georgia lost and I'm happy with the outcome of the vote, but sad it was Lee. He was easily the nicest out of those douchbags. I'm sad Tom went to the dark side but Mike and Jak are the worst. Jak's sad little face at the vote <3!!! Not smiling not are ya, big Jak? Laughing "tight ass", karma will always bite you in the...tight ass? They were so arrogant. Not any more. Lee is pure NZ Ozzy with the hair, fishing, camp and sucking socially lol. The editing was sort of a let down in these two episodes, in fact did you notice they threw in a few of the same sentences in confessionals fromt he first episode? Made me laugh, but Lee wasn't shown a whoel lot when it was the boys on Mogoton and these episodes he was shown a lot more, so it was easy to see it coming.

I dunno about you but I was always confident of this outcome. I was about 90% sure on Shannon. It was 5-5 at worst, one side had a sure 5, the other had a sure 4 so it was alays likely. I just think she was wrong to play both sides so strongly. They're just going to be pissed at her. If she knew what side she was going, no need to get close to the side you're going to let down. They'll just resent you.

The cake reward <3 lol! More low budget Survivor NZ. Love it. Think about the US rewards. Going off on a yaucht, zip lining through the jungle etc and they get....a cake to scoff for 5 whole minutes lol it's so innocent and old skool (I remember in season one Gervase won A SLICE OF PIZZA!) Laughing a whole slice!! It's very similar to that. I'm excited to see what awesome rewards they have up their sleeve next Laughing

I predicted they'd have another vote off right after. You need 2 people for redemption, they couldn't leave Lee on his own for 2 epiodes before voting another out, so they'll have another vote at the start, then reward and probably the redemption duel at the end of the next episode, then immunity and tribal in the second of the episodes/ That's my guess anyway. Hoping it's Mike, although I dislike Jak more, he's just a moron. It's not often I'm rooting against guys but they are douchebags. That being said, it'd sort of be dull to just watch all 4 be banished. I sort of expect that to happen though, being that it's year 2000 Survivor being played in 2017 Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:12 pm

I find it way easier to root for guys on this version, though still not the Mike/Jak/etc side. Like Sala and Nate and Avi are pretty likable and natural. In a way they fit archetypes, but they still don't feel like total stereotypes or like they're trying to push how they want me to view them down my throat. Watching American Survivor I genuinely don't try to do this, but I often end up rooting for girls. Idk if it's the editing that's changed over the course of time with US Survivor, but I find maaany of the characters they bring on exhausting and/or nauseating.

You got the Ozzy archetype, the one they try to push to be the hero even if they're not that great (cough Brad) who wins like five immunities and is always helping out the tribe and is so wonderful and superhuman and has sleek locks and sucks at strategy but oh well, he's just so gosh darned sweet and good at catching fish. I can't stand this trope. It wasn't that bad around Panama and Cook Islands era, but now it's stale and sickening how hard they try to influence how much they wanted you to think Joe was cool and Mike's fucking inspirational idol find music like he was Jesus. The only one that they tried to fit in this mold that I actually like is Malcolm, and that's because he doesn't come off as if he buys the bull Jeff tries to push about his type and irl is actually a pretty big nerd. Like, references high fantasy novels. He really shouldn't be in this type at all.

And you got the superfan, which can go right or go wrong. Lately it's been going wrong. Todd was not that bad of an example of this, Josh isn't that bad of an example of this. But others like Cochran that they just shove down your throat cuz they want you to feel so bad for him for being a little nerd who's excelling is obnoxious as hell. It's really not his fault, he didn't ask to be a mancrush of Jeff's, he certainly never expected to get this kind of reaction and he's a bit embarrassed by it all. But it's still irritating how they keep trying to make him happen even when he has nothing to do with the current going-ons.

And the surfer stereotype, who's so dumb but so lovable and you gotta love him except no.

There's also these guys that vary across the spectrum of types that will immediately go "DURRRRR WE HAVE TO VOTE OUT WOMAN FIRST, SHE'S CLEARLY WEAKEST WITH HER VAJAYJAY AND TINY ARMS". Maybe they're right, but they might not be, and it's still a shitty thing to assume. And they're always the ones so scared and annoyed by all-female alliances and hate when they form. THEY FORM BECAUSE MORE AND MORE COMMONLY IT BECOMES THE MOST RELIABLE MEANS OF SURVIVAL BECAUSE YOU WANT TO PICK THEM ALL OFF AND KEEP YOUR LITTLE FRAT BRO GANG AND RIDE TO VICTORY. HOW DARE THEY WANT TO WIN THIS GAME THEY SIGNED UP FOR TO BE AWAY FROM THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR OVER A MONTH AND POSSIBLY LOSE THEIR JOB?

So yeah. I have a hard time rooting for a lot of the guys on US Survivor just because a lot of them end up fitting into these categories, or they fit into none of them and they're simply boring as hell which means I'm not rooting for you either lol. Pls let me grow to like these people naturally producers without you pushing them into cookie-cutter roles and making me feel like I must like them cuz they're so awesome and such masterminds and water Jesus, cuz that's when I learn to hate you and hope you fall hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Lol I didn't see this post til now. Were you in a bad mood at the time? Laughing Ii guess everyone has their own agenda. If I was playing, I'd want the pretty girls out right away. I don't want distractions or someone able to flirt and manipulate other guys. Who is another guy going to listen to, me or some Figgy type flirt fluttering her eyelashes? Laughing nah, bye. I've no issue with other kinds of females though. At the same time, I wouldn't want to work with pretty boys either. They're usually up their holes and would intimidate me. Just go away all pretty people Laughing no hot girl is going to manipulate me wih their looks. I'm not stupid lol. It's like Rob C in Amazon was on it. He knew Heidi and Jena wouldn't look at him in the real world but all of a sudden there, they flirt.

I absolutely loved when Jenna said at a tribal how being good looking was like a handicap because people judge you and you have to work twice as hard to prove them wrong or some nonsense. Then Jeff asks Rob about it and he says "well Jeff, I'm lucky in this game that I'm not handsome so I didn't find any handicaps like the girls found.." sarcastically lol. Priceless. How can anyone seriously say being good looking is a handicap in the game or in life? The sarcastic delivery was brilliant.

Hopefully episode 11 tonight, waiting for the link to get posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:24 pm

I was in a good mood at the time actually. I hate goldenboys/fuckboys/misogynists <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Unfortunately there is a lack of links for episode 11, not sure why. You can watch it but there's an annoying box in the corner and can't full screen it.

Episode 11:
http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/daclips.in/15183338

Episode 12:
http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15186455
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Didn't have a lot of time to write up details, plus I got spoiled on one of the boots so
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Lol Avi and Shay will be fuckin pissed, but it was a good move to break up an obvious 3. It's foolish to expect Shannon, Nate and Barb to be loyal to the 6, then you just have a 3-3 situation. How about it, Barb slaying them Laughing sleeping giant. Thing is, sooner or later they will turn on her and Nate, who are seen as a pair. I like Tom when Mike isn't around and hope Jak is soon booted too. Wished Lee had beaten Mike but not to be. It's hard to see anyone beating him in a duel but who knows.

Got to have a giggle at the NZ rewards lol, 5 pizzas...that's it, so cute. Even the challenge itself was more basic, no dolls made up to look like the players or anything fancy, just 3 tiles with their names and some rocks to break on Laughing

Looking at the people left, you have Nate/Barb, Avi/Shay, Tom/Jak, Shannon plus Mike and Sala on redemption. I've had a feeling Shannon is the winner for a few episodes. Don't know why, but not being part of a pair would probably strengthen that prediction. Watch me be completely wrong Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 pm

I wonder do they have Ponderosa videos. I'd love to see if it's the same place the US used. There were Ponderosa videos for AUS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:19 am

I was thinking about the people left and how redemption influences decisions. As it stands, you have Mike and Sala on redemption. Depending on who wins the next duel may depend on who is at risk. If Mike wins, that puts Tom and Jak at risk, probably Tom. Nobody wants to risk those 3 joining up again at F5 or whenever the person reenters. Similarly, nobody will want to risk Sala joining Avi and Shay again. That leaves Barb, Nate and Shannon in the best spot. Barb has emerged as a mastermind Laughing potential winner? She and Nate are a clear pair, but with it being F3, Shannon may not care and stick with them to the end thinking she could beat both, but likely wouldn't given how pissed a lot of the jurors will be at her.

You'd also have to say Jak and Shay have a shot of getting far, being the less likely of the pairs to get targetted (Tom and Avi should get the boot) which sucks as I like them much more over the other two. I still like Tom and hope he finds a way. Avi went down after last week.  Rrefusing to put anyones name down for someone you don't want to see after the game, too nice. It's not the game for that or to sacrifice anything for others. You have to play for yourself. Then the preview showing him furious about the Sala blindside lol sure be mad but don't start yelling at people. Just not good at all. Tom is savvy though, I like him.

I hope it isn't as predictable as this...it's just what I'm seeing. Ii want to see Tom win the next immunity, then that would put Jak "tight ass" at risk and if he goes, Tom is sort of a free agent that can be recruited by others. It's sort of liek a warped BvW lol in that there are clear pairs (or sometimes 3s), and once someone in that 2/3 is removed, the person left is less of a threat, so another pair is the target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Boo Tom boooo lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:10 pm

That all you've got for me? Lol woman, please Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 pm

For now, new episodes aren't up yet. blah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   

Back to top Go down

Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next