Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Me tooo!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Tony is piiiissed.

They really need to do a better job of showing how Tom being social with people before being placed in tribes effected people's faith in him so badly lol.

Oh my god, is this a kiwi spinoff of Coach's dragon-chi? lol

You should probably be thinking about alliances if we're being totally honest.

I knew about this charcoal tip <3

Soo did no one offer Nate any charcoal?

I don't want these two to go, somebody do something lol.

That's MORE than a bit of a spammer in the works.

Is this gonna be the kiwi Taylor/Figgy?

Pls flip Shannon.

I had literally nothing to say to the orange tribe segment lmao.

Purple's become a lot more interesting this episode, I really hope these flip conversations aren't red herrings.

I don't even really dislike Michael or Georgia, I just dislike pretty showmances lmao.

"It'd be silly to get rid of two strong guys" lololol

They need to work on this editing, going on twenty minutes and no challenge. And I'm assuming by now there's no idols.

"We have to win this challenge" Can we get to the challenge already? I want to see what the other tribe thinks about them getting rid of Tony lol

lol Jak is so confused. Aww, I hoped Matt (I remember his name!) would question them what they thought of the decision.

What is with all these physically exhausting/lethal rewards for things like salt/pepper/coffee?

Btw, I would suck at this. I would drop out after like a minute.

I love watching though.

Poor Sala, he's so sad.

Oh hay, they don't censor the word shit.

I hope they don't make Sala the target, I think he's the only one left I really care about on this team.

I forgot Lou was here.

Although the reasoning hasn't been set up well, I get why someone like Shay would want to get rid of someone like Tom. There's been many instances of players like these eliminating each other in other versions and most of the people on this season are fans of the American show.

Damn it Barb, why aren't you talking to more people?

Gj Barb.

lol at the quick topic change.

Damn it, no, go back to Hermosa. I need to see them talk to Jak.

I never realized how much idols add to the game before, I wish they were here. These votes could use something to make them less predictable.

Can we get to the challenge already?

Did they talk to Jak yet?

That....didn't seem very effective.

Shut up Mike.

Why are we going to Redemption Island, when is immunity?

Are we gonna have enough time to have immunity, the TC and a duel?

Are we not voting someone off?

That's a big ass snake.

Ughhhh.

Technically it wasn't /wrong/, it was deceitful but most people who win end up backstabbing at least one person.

We're not voting someone off this episode, are we? Ffs.

START THE FLUFFING DUEL.

"Let's talk about you Hannah-" NO, START THE DUEL

Gj Tony. Hannah Sad

I...kinda feel like I wasted an hour. All I saw was a duel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Lol I loved that episode. Much better than the first. I think it's great they string it out, seeing more interaction, more talks between little groups. US Survivor is too rushed and too intense gameplay, so much so, most of us are just left confused after votes. I like the pacing of this. Spend an episode flipping between the two sides, watching how 2s and 3s interact, get an idea of the dynamics plus a reward challenge and the dual. Nothing wrong with that at all.

So I of course dislike this 5 on the purple side. The pretty people and Jak. That's gotta be stamped out and fast but I'm not sure it will be, being NZ. They may just make us think it's a possibility and then it's predictable. Hope not. I want Georgia out obviously. I don't respect the flirt game and she's obviously doing it to control those guys and made all the worse byt he fact she has a boyfriend. No, she has to go lol. I also dislike Shay on the other side. The two votes they've had so far, two people she was working with left. What kind of allie is that? Laughing she'd sell anyone out. I like Tom and Avi. I hope they last.

The dual was fun but why on earth did they sell Shay out to the other side? Don't give them info! Bad move. Happy Tony won but he needs to get over the betrayal. I know it sucks and you can be bitter but you know it's a possibility when you sign up for it. He's had his say, now just needs to get on with Redemption, but how fun would it be if Shay was next to join him? Laughing

Episode 4
http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/thevideo.me/15098009
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 15, 2017 7:52 pm

I don't mind the pace, but it's a weeee bit too long. After the sixth switch back between challenges I kinda want to know who actually has to vote someone out.

I would like her better if they weren't coming close to crossing a line.

Shay needs to chill on the backstabbing lol.

Tom is...slightly interesting in that they've done a pretty bad job showing what he did to turn people off so fast so it comes off kinda extreme.

I forget Avi is here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Episode 4:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 am

avi, sala, and tom voted izzy
izzy and lou voted tom
shay voted lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 16, 2017 12:05 pm

I know, the wiki got updated. I get Izzy and Tom voting each other but the Lou vote was random. Thrown because she didn't want a tie and didn't want to vote Izzy? Weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 21, 2017 10:47 am

Who's ready for another exciting instalment of Survivor NZ? Laughing I hope Tony goes ape shit when he sees Shay at redemption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Episode 5 if anyone needs it.

http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15118667
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Oh, this is another hour long one...I hope someone gets voted out this episode lol. I was really thrown aback when they didn't in episode 3.

I hope Shay comes to the arena before Tony inevitably loses a duel for the fireworks.

It's hard to argue anyone needs to stick around for challenges when you haven't won a single time.

Stupid Matt! lol

Must be nice to be at almost day 10 and only had to vote off one person cuz of a twist.

Boo Hermosa alliance BOOOO.

Shannon, get away from these people. You seem so sweet.

"Which sounds ridiculous" It is.

omg look at all that fruit.

"I feel like we're gonna win" Awww

"Who did come up?" Good job Matt for trying to stir up drama. Aaand she deflected it. Curse her being savvy!

Not good at challenge commentating.

Not sure if they threw this or if they just planned on immunity.

Did you just compare Mogoton to the Nazi's? Well, that answers whether or not they threw reward.

Is this gonna end up like San Juan where they had to bargain for more food like a week in? lol

So much bonding.

Nice sunset.

Avi is getting A LOT of screentime this ep.

Dragonfruit <3.

lmao at it being horrible.

Oh hi, Redemption Island.

"Redemption Island invite" Oh fuck. We're not voting someone out this episode, are we?

But yayy Shay's going.

That was kinda anticlimatic.

Well, looks like Tony vs Shay won't be a thing.

Sigh. There's only fifteen more minutes. We're not going to vote anyone out.

Jax is devastated lol.

Unlessss Lou gets medically evacuated.

Aw they're all so close.

Where tf is the medic?

DON'T CUT TO HERMOSA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING

"It's hard" You say with a big smile on your face.

"Hopefully she'll be back soon" Errrr

"If you draw the black buff you're going to Redemption Island immediately" UM THAT'S KIND OF TERRIBLE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Lol get used to it, it's well paced, unlike US. I love these Australian and NZ versions, the pacing is excellent. Who says we have to vote someone out every episode? Razz with 16 people and 2 episodes a week, that's not going to happen. Probably always only the 1, on the second episode. Really not liking that 5 alliance. Boo them. Jak is super annoying. I much prefer the other team (minus Shay). Avi and Tom are my favourites. Poor Lou. They didn't say she was an evac, they do things their way. Perhaps you are allowed to leave and then return if they say you're fit to.

Was sad Tony lost. He was funny but it wasn't a challenge suited to him. Lol this is pretty funny. It's chilled out Survivor. You can follow it easily, unlike the mess that is Game Changers. It's like watching an early season, only in the present. When Matt says "typically what happens at merge is the team down in numbers gets picked off" lol I'm thinking, what is this, 2004? Laughing that's not at all the case these days. A big part of that is down to multiple reshuffles. Cute though. It is their first season afterall. Ii just can't believe they wouldn't have idols, that was a bad decision. Imagine Nate and Barb had an idol right now.

My guess is that they merge at 10 and assuming both will flip, that other 5 is in trouble, they'd need to win one, lose two of the next 3 and also hope an orange doesn't come back from redemption. I still have hope Shannon will work with the 2 and manage to convince 1 other, maybe Jak (sigh), to be the fourth but it's a bit of wishful thinking.

Next episode tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm

She's probably coming back since they had a hope spot, it was just interesting since usually if you have to be taken away to be treated you can't come back.

Because I'm an impatient tart. I also hate non-elimination legs on the race.

This was the first episode I remembered Avi was a thing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Episode 6:

http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15122910
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Come on May, May. I need your thoughts lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 pm

I'll sum it up quick cuz I didn't feel like pulling out my notepad lmao.

Poor Shannon. Even though she was in an alliance I'm not crazy over, that's a shitty way to go lol.

Neil's probably delighted to see the end of Georgia. I'm a bit disappointed as she could be an interesting femme fatale, but she just kinda fell apart away from the group she built.

This season is getting way out of balance gender-wise...and I'd say the same thing if we'd lost a bunch of guys too, I hate it when it happens both ways lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Lol what do you mean? 4 people have left for good, 3 are women. It's not that out of control yet. I loved seeing the 5 broken up. Georgia paid for her poor management of the minority. You can be in a majority and still keep the minority close by having some one on one conversations. It's as easy as encouraging them, you never know what changes, blah blah. Then when the mix up happens and you're with them, maybe they are more open to workign with you as you didn;t shut the door on them as those 5 appearaed to. Same for Shannon. I hope they boot her next Laughing

Funny seeing Shay in trouble as well. Tom Tom Tom, now Tom has some guys and Shay's in trouble. Was sad to see Lou go. Of all the girls, she was my favourite.

I hope Izzy beats Georgia on Redemption but it should be a close duel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 7:59 pm

It's still going to be pretty uneven since everyone at RI right now is a girl and the only man we've lost is Tony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Lol miss Tony already Laughing I wish he'd got to go up against Shay. I have a bad feeling Shannon will be able to work Nate and Barb and either Sala or Avi will get the boot. Don't want that to happen but I'd pick Sala to go over Avi. Shannon had no intention of helping them but they at least had conversations with her about the possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Curious what you see in Avi so much, he doesn't get a lot of confessional time barring the last episode or two, his main personality seems to be "good with Tom". Sala's pretty likable for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 pm

He's just a good guy. I think the confessionals have been nicely spread. Nobody stands out as being given hardly any screen time or confessionals. I view Sala as somebody who will not be allowed to go far. An obvious winner. Somebody everybody likes. It was even brought up last episode by Nate and Barb. It's hard to really pick any potential winners at this point. I like that. I really think the divide in screen time is good.

The problem with US Survivor is that Jeff now produces it and he often favours some over others, like the Worlds Apart season. How much Mike did we have to see? It was annoying. I wanted to see my favourite, Tyler, and I remember an episode he got 0 confessionals and basically zero speaking time lol and it pissed me off no end. That's just bad editing in my opinion. You might as well all but say this person can't win because we're not showing them an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm

May May! Are you ready for more awesome kiwi action? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun May 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Later, burying ashes today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 am

Here you go, hope this cheers you up Smile for some reason it wasn't posted last night. Hopefully episode 8 will be up tonight.

Episode 7:
http://www.mywatchseries.ac/link/vidto.me/15141598
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Nate and Barb having new life <3.

Avi's screentime is def picking up a lot lately, maybe he goes really far.

And I'm not going to bitch at no people leaving cuz I know by this point the odd numbered episodes won't have TC lol.

"with Michael pulling the strings" Errr not quite.

Pls recruit Shannon, she was always the most likable of this 5.

Interesting that they only had to launch and get 1 bag, other versions it'd usually be 3 or even 5.

This is a good episode for Avi.

Tom, what are you doing? lmao. No wonder people think you're shady.

Chocolate <33

Oh Avi, I think Tom may end up disappointing you.

This sounds like a mix of yoga, straining to take a shit and a Dragon Ball Z attack. Wtf.

I know Shay's been sketchy and snakey, but I feel for her here. This tribe looks annoying as hell.

Fuck you Tom.

Barb is a smart cookie.

These accents are horrible, wtf is going on lol

Poor Izzy.

Liking Avi a lot more now, he's getting a lot more time and showing himself to be a pretty good guy.

Hugs <3.

Don't you dare diss the YMCA.

Fuck you Mike, Nate and Barb are wonderful.

Fuck you Tom.

Fuck every man on this orange tribe for trying to throw.

Izzy, you precious cinnamon bun <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Mon May 29, 2017 1:07 pm

I haven't seen the episode yet and am typing this without looking at your post. You nearly spoiled me! Lol Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   

Back to top Go down

Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next