Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Episode 18

Barb can now die happy.

I actually feel bad for Jak, they're so done lol

Poor Nate, he wants to make it so badly and win but no one will vote with him.

holy shit that wasp is scary

"They know hands down they have to vote him off" OR DO THEY lmao.

Yes, but on the other hand you spent a lot of time out of the regular game so they might not vote for you cuz you just had to do duels.

Wtf is with that green mink porcupine bear thingy? WHAT IS THAT?

When the hell are we going to tribal council?

You know you don't have to vote Nate, right?

"He could win this" Then you should probably try to get rid of him? lol

"Avi knows it too" You sweet stupid kiwis lol

The jury look like they're laughing at her.

Most of these people are good at arguing out their case.

YOU SWEET STUPID KIWIS

I can't wait to see their reaction if they hear Tom didn't have immunity.

They're scratching their heads cuz that was a really dumb thing to do.

One of your goals should probably be to win. Sigh lol. I like you Barb but sigh.

They're so confused lmao

Awkward silence lmao

If this was a modern jury they would probably roast Barb, but they may be a bit kinder since they're new and green and kiwis aren't as vicious as Americans.

And here we have Tom going insane lol

Hurray everyone's bonding lol

About how much they hate the place lol

Pls tell me this is the last battle.

Thank god this is the last battle.

Thunderrr

Abraham Lincoln lol

LOL They don't look like they're looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Tom drumming and singing was hilarious and the big crazy grin right at the camera Laughing you don't get that with the US version, it's all game game game. I'm loving this and the Australian one too.

I am really concerned though that Mike and Nate pull Barb in. That'd be a really underwhelming f3. An obnoxious prick who spent most of the time out of the game, Barb who had potential but doesn't even care to win (where is the desire?) and Nate who bowed out without much of a fight. Tom and Avi want it bad. Tom has to win, if not then I will settle for Avi but somewhat reluctantly lol. It's hard to make a case for why Barb would stick with them though. I guess other countries have different morals. In US, the clear move is to go with the 2 weaker cases at f3, but to these kiwis, maybe it's more important to them that someone worthy win the game. I think she just generally likes Tom and Avi more over the other two, especially Mike so she doesn't want to see him have any shot to win. Also lets not forget that he has friends on the jury in Lee and Jak, plus he has schmoozed people pretty well passing through redemption so he would have a good shot. I've convinced myself she will stay with Tom and Avi lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:00 pm

"And I didn't" Yeeah. Silly stupid kiwis.

Is this the finale? That's what the NEXT TIME made it sound like. It's only a little over an hour.

AVI YOU SWEET, STUPID, STUPID MAN.

You all deserve to get roasted at the end for letting this happen lol.

'Buy your tickets to the LIVE final July 5" Oookay, this isn't the finale then.

At least there's no more battles.

It's really hard to make a move without causing a ripple though

How is it time for individual immunity already? There's over an hour lol

I think I'd appreciate this obvious victory more if there was less immunity wins and more needing to actually scramble and fight. But no, it's like always safe and everyone being stupid.

Are two people going to get voted out this episode? Cuz there's so much time left.

Well, won immunity and slayed Sala. But aside from that...yeah.

Mike stop being the most logical intelligent person here lol. I don't want to like you. And I can't root for you since even though you're way less obnoxious now you spent almost three weeks out of the real game.

But what if Tom wins the next immunity and you can't take him out?

This site lol. Every time I pause I get pop ups and I'm always scared that I'm going to get malware or a browser hijacker.

Lee is just cracking up over there.

Lee's facial expressions are just amazing.

This is so frustrating lmao.

RV lmao

Well Mike is doomed.

Wtf is that animal?

Avi if you do that, it would honestly be hilarious. Not cuz I hate Barb, but she's been way too cocky with little to show for it. Buuut I also want to see her make it and get a wake up call.

Why are they so surprised? Of course it's the last one, it's a final 3. Silly sweet stupid kiwis. lol

And that's how Tom died. Kidding.

^ I wrote this after it was obvious he was ok and not needing to be evacced.

Oh Nate. He tries so hard and gets so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter.

"I think I'd rather lose than do that to Tom" "Not that I'd win" You fucking stupid kiwis.

"Such an asshole move" That's a hilarious move, you should totes do it. It's not like you have a chance of leaving.

You should WANT him to lose the challenge.

I don't hate Tom, I just hate his allies being so willing to let him win. lmao

He also comes off slimy so I'm not sure how he inspired so much trust and good will in these good people have to win types.

Nate's not even mad lol

FUCKING SWEET STUPID KIWIS.

I hope y'all get dragged.

Oh yay, they're gonna get dragged. I was worried everyone would be too nice.

Yayy a reunion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:32 pm

I didn't even realise there was a third episode out this week, and the finale is today/tomorrow, whatever time it is there lol. Ok so Tom winning that immunity was immense. Goliath, pfft he wishes. Mike's argument was so weak, especially at tribal, like sure just insult the person you need. Bye! Laughing about time too. The second immunity was tense also. Pure eye rolled at Avi winning it and his tears, like it's this triumphant moment. Yeah good one, you finally won one. Place enough bets and you'll eventually win one. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day! Makes me think he'll win this. Boke. Lol Nnate failing so bad when he really needed it. He turned out to be disappointing int he end. Went out without much of a fight, much like the first time. Shame.

I prefer this over US right now lol. What we've come to expect are emotionless, cut throat gamebots, willing to do anything to win. Some people and cultures are different and their word means something. Of course Avi should turn on Tom, but that doesn't mean he should...if you get me Laughing it wouldn't help him anyway at this point, when he's all about his word blah blah, he already went back on his word once by letting Shay go or rather HAVING to let Shay go because he didn;t have the pwoer to stop it, do it again and you're just a complete ass, which I'm not even sure he isn't lol.

Ok so he comes off as this really nice guy everyone likes, but he was the one who took a fit when Sala went and refused to talk to people for like 2 days. You didn't see Tom take a strop when Shannon betrayed his alliance and he lost TWO allies in one night in Lee and Mike. Avi is the one who expects Shay's forgiveness for his betrayal but if Tom or Barb betrayed him he wouldn't be so forgiving. He's the one who basically said to Barb "can you quit, so that I get your jury vote?" Laughing it was the most ridiculous thing I;ve seen yet from him. I've grown to not especially like this guy. Yeah he's a nice guy in real life, you can see that, but he has no game, he has no argument and he cannot win this.I'd rather see Barb win lol.

Tom has to win. I'm not sure how he's slimy. He's just a nice guy and has played the best game. Had a target from day 1, survived it, made the swap, made new allies, lost new allies, had to mend bridges with old ones, won lots of challenges and will even pass out to try to win. He's the winner. Even at the final vote he's supporting Barb, telling her to do what she feels right whilst Avi is like "oh, I don't want to tell you what to do but it'd really help me to have you on jury" LOLOL dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rreminded me of Russ asking someone to not try in final 3 of a game so he could get his first win. Fuck off, EARN IT. Fucking earn it, nobody is going to roll over for you.  Avi is ridiculous and doesn;t get enough heat. I will be pissed if he wins. I'm fearful. I know Jak will probably roast him with his jury speech. I hope he calls him out on a few things. Ok lets run down the jurors:

Avi - Shay, Sala
Tom - Mike, Lee, Jak

Unknown - Shannon, Nate

Both were seen to be closer to Avi but not 100% sure they'll vote him. Aww shit, maybe I am. So Avi would win 4-3. Please no...

Why do you pause it throughout To write? Lol that'd drive me mad, A popup comes up every time you pause and then press play again if it's over 30 seconds or something. Can you watch the finale and then give a proper report after? I'd prefer that Razz can't always follow the commentary lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 pm

I could, I find I tend to forget details or not mention certain things so I've just been writing them in real time. And idk, sometimes he smirks and it looks sleazy Laughing So that combined with his being able to switch groups so fast makes him seem kinda snakey, even though technically that's not a bad thing to have. It's actually quite good. I wish that his triangle alliance had had stronger contention or even someone flipping so they could have had more of a struggle to keep themselves together and show how good he can be at working with people. He obviously is since he could be in several different groups and be solid, but the last few rounds only Nate (and Mike the one round he got to be back) has really tried to challenge his status as alpha male who could get many votes. I think he did try to put up a fight, it's just you can only argue the same point so long before it's obviously useless. You feel resigned and exhausted that either no one can see what you're saying or they see it, but they just don't care cuz the guy is so peachy keen they don't mind giving him 100,000. And it's kind of tainted it in how I like to see people have to get out of a genuine serious threat to their livelihood. But idk, maybe it should be taken as another strength in that everyone likes him so much they're effectively brainwashed lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:37 pm

neil i remember you saying kristy could never win maybe barb will win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:36 am

How do you see the votes going, May May? I just see a 4-3 Avi win which sucks. He shouldn't win because he was a nice guy. I'm counting on old Jak to make the points I would make lol Laughing but you can bank on Avi getting Shay and Sala's votes, so really it's down to Shannon and Nate. Both were shown to be closer to him than Tom, especially Nate, so maybe Shannon is the key vote. I just think Avi will win and it'll be a disappointing end to what has been a good season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm

I ended up getting spoiled trying to find any site showing the last episode (still haven't found it).

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:19 am

Awk no! I will watch it tonight if it's been posted. I thought you used watchseries like me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 am

Epiosde 20 is not on watchseries yet, I thought it would be by now. Didn't it air yesterday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:55 pm

I was using watchseries, it wasn't up. So I tried a couple other sites and Youtube (last one was a longshot but I checked lol) and yeah, can't find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:00 pm

https://thevideo.me/c57gfnow98i7

Found it, though it's not quite as exciting since I saw the result.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:13 pm

I wonder why it isn't on watchseries yet. Strange. I will have to watch tonight. Tempted to look at your spoiler but will NOT Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Meh, not mad, just disappointed lol. He's a nice guy but he shouldn't have won based on the material shown. That's only a fraction of what happens of course. Maybe if I was there I would also think he was an amazing guy. Probably would, but the things he did or said weren't highlighted at the final tribal. He wasn't called out on anything. The strop he pulled when Sala left, he refused to speak to Shannon for over a day. Of course the people never got to see the hypocrisy in his confessionals. Stuff I have highlighted before about hoping Shay forgives me but if Tom betrays me I will feel completely backstabbed. He had shown already that he can preach it, but if it's pulled on him, he'll react like a bitter betty. None of it got brought up. Another point was basically suggesting Barb stand down as she'd thought about doing at f4, because he wanted her vote lol. Again, that was something the jurors didn't see. Low ball move. He acts like this holier than thou person, but he's flawed.

Tom did tank the final though. He choked like they mentioned. He really needed to show the jurors how he was against it from day 1, how he fought to stay in the game, how he lost his new allies, how he built bridges with old allies, how he dominated challenges, how he worked himself into a position of power to the point he didn't need immunity (as Nate pointed out). He played the best game, but as we all know, the deserving winner doesn't always win. To only get one vote was shocking. Also felt a bit bad for Barb but she did well. I can sort of see why they'd think she was condescending at times but some of them were a bit harsh on her.

It was a fun season overall with an underwhelming finish. I really hope they have a second season. I enjoy these international versions more than the US version now. The editing is so much better. Spacing things out really helps. I thought it was great and look forward to season 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:15 pm

They did get to see it afterwards when they watched the show and Nate's still the only one who would consider changing his vote. I was surprised when I got spoiled that it was 6-1, it really seemed like the edit was calling for a Tom victory. I thought they were doing a pretty good job of showcasing everyone flaws and all, but apparently not Laughing Avi always seemed social, definitely the best of the three but I wouldn't have got the impression from what they showed that he was that unbreakably close with /everyone/. Barb also didn't really come off that disrespectful besides ignoring what they tried to tell her the last 3 rounds lol.

I'm satisfied. I've always been a champion for social. Strategy is great, but you also have to do it in a way that people still want to give you a vote and see you as a decent person and that's apparently incredibly important to kiwis. The host seemed to think Tom played the best game too, but since he almost got completely shut out I really can't agree. If you lose, you weren't the best. People cry bitter, but...no, you have to handle these people right and figure out how to cut them if it's best for you and still have them want to be your bestie or at least have them not so ticked off they won't even consider you. Evidently that didn't happen.

Sala getting booed and then winning fan fave cuz it was already decided Laughing

I'd watch another, but I really don't need to see Redemption Island ever again in any version or seeing any more crab races or coconut rock bands. This really doesn't need a second episode a week, and pleeease throw in some idols so it's not obvious who's going if they lose a challenge. Don't make them too easy to find or OP like the before the vote one, but they could have really made some votes more interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:12 am

What's wrong with Redemption? Lol nobody seems to like it. I think it worked really well with a small cast of 16. It meant it seemed like there were more people than there were. I'm a fan of Redemption, if it's done like it was done here and not in the rushed US version. Crab races haha that was funny. I don't think there's anything wrong with a few lighter moments. We're just too used to intense gameplay the entire time and I don't like that. I think you need the lighter moments, that shows they are still people and not just cut throat gamers. Also the extra episode, that is te best part!! Laughing do you not agree US is rushed? One hour a week which is 42 minutes of show time. You don't see enough of them interacting plus someplayers get cut completely. How many times do peopel say (did such and such even get a confessional?" it's so annoying. With 2 episodes, it's never obvious who is the favourite, I think they all got shown pretty equally. It wasn't obvious to me who was in with a chance of winning based on their edit or screen time. I'm so tired of the US and us all discussing edits and it being obvious who can't win because they're barely shown. It's shit. If you didn't like 2 episodes a week, how will you cope with 3 in Australia? Laughing pretty sure they will have 3 again. NZ had 20 episodes, Aus had 26 last season over 2 months, instead of 13 over 3 months like US has. I know which I'd prefer.

Yeah the worst thing was not having idols. You need idols. Some votes were obvious and that's not good. You have to have idols and paranoia. In that sense, it was behind the times as I said before. It felt like we were watching a Survivor season from 2002, not 2017. Just being nice and social shouldn't win you the game lol, but you can cut them some slack as it was their first season. At least it wasn't a cast of 16, no twists, no swaps, no idols and a straight tribe V tribe picking off. They had the redmption twist, the tribe swap and people formed new alliances with those from the opposite tribe.

As with Australia, I expect an improvement from their second season, hopefully they will introduce idols, a few more twists and a few more gamers. With Australia coming up, we know it has idols and twists galore so hopefully with a better cast, it'll be a big hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 pm

US is rushed and it would be nice if they showed some lighter stuff or some of the more wacky things that go on, they do need to work on what they choose to show and making it more even so no one's a total no-shot. But it was sometimes taxing finding the time to watch that Sunday episode when you knew the most that was going to happen was talking about where people stood and a 5-10 minute duel. The crab race was cute, but maybe it should've been cut in favor of making it more obvious why Avi was almost unanimous cuz for a while there it looked like he was gonna be a big goat blah

If it's 3 in Australia and as long as they were last time then I may just have to look up how my gals are doing because it's very hard to follow that much in a week for that long (I never end up watching 70% of the Big Brother episodes since it takes up so much time and you can just look up who won the competitions and just watch the eviction).

It'll win you the game if the other person sucked at selling their case and was seen as douchy and the other was seen as rude and giving up at final 6. blah

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm having a mind freeze lol how on earth did Avi make the end? Laughing he was viewed as the nice guy who would take all the votes early after merge. I can't remember what happened to change things for a while so that people didn't feel as threatened by him. He was so lucky Barb played a stupid game and wanted to go to the end with deserving people. There's nothing he could have done otherwise. I don't see why he got away with it when poor Sala got taken out for exactly the same reasons, for being this special person Laughing

You could always just binge the Aus episodes after all 3 for that week had aired instead of watching one at a time. You have to watch. Nobody else is going to comment otherwise, probably Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:04 pm

I know Shay was planting the idea to a few people he did nothing so that seemed like it could actually backfire, but then it didn't. I don't really know how this happened but the jury has spoken lol. From NZ Twitter it seems a lot of people were actually rooting hardcore for Barb.

Maaaybe. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 pm

May May, where did you get the finale link? My friend needs it but the one you posted won't work for her and watchseries isn't going to post it apparently (wtf??).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Try some of the links here. https://series-top.com/show/survivor-new-zealand-s01e20/season/1/episode/20 I'm not feeling daring going through all of them, I just had to kill another virus from bad torrents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks! Got plenty of links. I'll probably use this one from now on since watchseries has failed me! Imagine having 19/20 episodes uploaded. Fools, FOOLS!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!   

Back to top Go down

Survivor NZ: Nicaragua - Discussion Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6