Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Top 10 Survivor seasons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack

PostSubject: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

I was texting Chax about this the other day and I thought I'd actually put mine in a list and see how others' compare. ZHAZ don't ignore this.

10. Philippines - other than Micro and Guatemala (just because Steph <3), this is easily the best way to mix returnees with new players. Nobody too OTT, all second chance-ish, all good characters. Fun gameplay, fun personalities, good power shifts, original characters, good winner, pretty good boot order for the most part. All in all a really solid season that I didn't know the show was capable of producing at this time.

9. Nicaragua - tbh this would be a few spots even higher if NaOnka and P. Kelly didn't quit. Not that quitters ruin the integrity of the season or anything but NaOnka was SUCH a relentless force of entertainment in a way like we've never seen before (or since), creating energy everywhere she went, and actually being a pretty effective player, too. Their quit zapped the season of all momentum and there wasn't much that could be done after that, unfortunately. Fabio was also a fun character but a very unsatisfying winner. This season had some epic storylines, great characters, really good from a gameplay perspective, and a super refreshing feel after HvV. It's a shame that only Brenda has come back and they basically ignored her the whole time, because this cast had a bunch of gems.

8. Palau - aside from Steph's completely epic and iconic journey, this season had a lot going for it. I really like Tom as a winner, I loved his dynamic relationship with Ian, I LOVED Katie and everything she brought to the season (seriously she's like Courtney Yates except a way more dynamic character), I loved the endgame, I loved how Ulong and Koror still stand out as uniquely interesting tribes 12 years later. Solid season.

7. San Juan del Sur - I REALLY didn't know that Survivor was capable of producing such an amazing season in 2014. The cast was unique, the boot order was basically perfect, Jaclyn and Natalie might be my favorite top 2 ever, I loved a lot of the individual character arcs, I really liked the gameplay, I loved Jon's rise and fall. This was a pretty hilarious and fun season in general.

6. Marquesas - classic season with so many iconic characters. When I think of what made old old school Survivor so great, I think of this season. First ever significant power shift, you're watching a season with a bunch of real people on real life journeys, balanced editing, etc. Additionally, original Maraamu is one of my favorite tribes ever. There were in some ways the first ~fun tribe~ ever. Sarah <3 original Rob <3 Sean Rector is in my top 2 or 3 all time favs, as well. The open strategizing at the last three TC's were kind of revolutionary, too.

5. Micronesia - SO FUN. the post-swap portion of the premerge was kind of dull but my goodness was the post merge ever hilarious and fun. The BWB was obviously epic and revolutionary, but there were SO MANY hilarious things that happened along the way, including Eliza's boot (Eliza in general lol <3), Natalie's ~emergence~, the auction, Alexis getting hilariously owned, Erik getting even more hilariously owned, Ozzy and Natalie at FTC, etc. Ozzy and Erik's blindsides are still two of my all time favs. The fans were kind of a hilarious group as a whole, too. Chet, Alexis, and Mary were the only duds.

4. Vanuatu - was my all time fav for a while, but there were a couple brief sections of the season that were kind of dull. Definitely one of the best boot orders ever, though, which makes up for a lot. All of the F6 <3 The end was really a hilarious group of unique personalities and storylines, and even though on paper nothing super exciting happened after the Leann boot, it was all still dynamic and interesting and fun. Everything involving Rory <3

3. Panama - ok let it be known that Casaya is the single most hilarious tribe/6-person majority of all time. Aras and Bruce were the most boring of the bunch and even Aras was more fun and interesting than your typical young white mactor, and Bruce was an lolworthy oblivious background presence. Cirie's journey, personality, character, and gameplay were all nothing short of epic. Terry getting owned over and over and over again was amazing. The order of Micro, Vanuatu, and Panama could all be swapped in any order, really, I mainly just put this one this high because it has fewer holes than the other two. It was also the first season I watched live so it has the nostalgia factor for me as well.

2. Amazon - Classic season in every sense of the word. Rob C might be the biggest game changer of all time, I still think that. His advice he gave at the reunion of "always know where everyone stands in the tribe, and always know where everyone THINKS they stand in the tribe" is still what I would cling to if I were ever on the show. He was really funny and a great character, too. There were a bunch of hilarious drunk personalities this season, and the whole women vs. men thing the first time around was epic. Heidi <3 Deena being the original ball-busting HBIC <3 Matt's zombie presence <3 lots of great conflict and so many power shifts. This season totally changed the trajectory of the show in a good way. Jenna sucks as a winner though in every aspect and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

1. Pearl Islands - pretty much the perfect season of Survivor. The Outcasts was definitely the boldest twist ever at the time, and still one of the boldest twists ever, and it worked out about as perfectly as it could've. Lots of my top seasons have a very random rag tag bunch of people left at the end, and Pearl Islands was the epitome of that. Power shift pretty much every week post-merge (with Lill being the only one on the right side of every one LOL <3) to the point that you have the most random F4 of all time easily. Sandra would be legendary even if she never came back for HvV but she was such an uncharacteristic winner for years. JFP is still the best villain of time. So many of the random people who basically served as plot devices (Christa, SHAWN <3, Darrah) were still great in their own regards. Everyone who sucked got owned in the best way possible. Lill and Sandra are the most unique and epic Final 2 ever, bar none. Never will you have two such characters with two such journeys make it to the end together again. There really isn't anything I'd wish happened differently in this season. maybe I wish Savage would've been on the jury over Ryno because he would've had a hilarious bitter FTC speech while Ryno was kind of boring? that's seriously like the only thing that could possibly be improved. and there were no dull spots. Model season in every way <3

Honorable mentions: Guatemala, China, Kaoh Rong

Seasons with most wasted potential: Africa (would be top 10 easily, maybe top 5 if Brandon didn't vote out Kelly), Samoa and HvV (even with Russell making it to the end, both could've been 10-15 spots higher if they were edited better), Gabon (awful endgame)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:10 pm

I can't be bothered giving reasons at this point lol but my top 10 would be:

10: Pearl Islands

09: Cambodia

08: The Amazon

07: Tocantins

06: Palau

05: Cook Islands

04: Philippines

03: Worlds Apart

02: Cagayan

01: Millennials Vs Gen X

and just for the record, bottom 5 would be:

05: Blood Vs Water

04: Redemption Island

03: San Juan Del Sur

02: Kaôh Rōng

01: One World
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 pm

my bottom 5:

5. South Pacific
4. Caramoan
3. Fiji
2. World's Apart
1. Redemption Island
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:18 pm

My bottom 5 has the potential to change, based on how the current season is going Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:20 pm

yeah your taste is like exact opposite of mine LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Well not completely lol we have matches in both top 10 and bottom 5. There's always a silver lining Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:40 pm

10.Guatemala: Underrated season to be honest. I really liked Danni as a winner and it was fun watching Steph go from hero to villain.

9.Pearl Islands: Full of SO MANY legendary characters. Some that are still gracing our TVs <3

8.The Amazon: Just a very old school, fun season to rewatch.

7.Marquesas: Another underrated one with lots of crazy moments.

6.China: Todd's FTC domination <3 Jamie's fake idol <3 Peih Gee <3

5.Phillipines: Penner yells while voting: "DENISE!!"

4.Cagayan: sooooo fun to watch. The Sarah boot episode is probably one of my all time favorites episodes.

3.San Juan Del Sur: this is what One World should have been. Yea half the cast was probably a flop (Wes, Alec, Julie who) but it gave us QUEENIE Natalie Anderson <333 such a dominant female player.

2.Micronesia: So many memorable moments and blindsides.

1.Heroes vs. Villains: This is just like, the best season ever hands down and explaining why would probably take me too long lol.

Honorable Mentions: Kaoh Rong and Millenials vs GenX: These two seasons had less than stellar winners, but I still really enjoyed watching the whole season. And Cambodia, because of all the crazy amount of gameplay, and because it gave us QUEEN WENTWORTH. Also Tocantins, Gabon and Cook Islands.

my bottom 5:

One World: A fantastic winner but borefest of a season.

Thailand: seriously cannot remember ANYTHING about this season other than some lady called Ghandia getting molested back at camp?

Caramoan: most predictable winner since B.Rob and meh season, another season that was so unpleasant to watch in the pre merge, and not really any memorable moments out of it. The ones that were there are only memorable for all the wrong reasons (Brandon, Brenda and Dawn at the FTC)

Worlds Apart: Meh winner and a season more full of flop castaways than people playing the game. Seriously, with the exception of Carolyn, that was probably the most horrible final 7 ever. The fact that she lost, and only got one vote is probably the biggest joke in the history of this game. It's fine if she lost because jury bonds, blah blah, but only getting one vote? This season needs to GO AWAY.

Redemption Island: Sh*t winner and absolute GARBAGE season. Watching this season was a chore. Which sucks cuz the first 4 episodes were really good.

I would rank South Pacific low too, but it had a lulzy winner (Sophierce <333) and Cochran was actually kind of likable here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm

I actually really liked Michele as a winner lolz. SO unexpected and a totally different flavor than most. I thought she was so screwed when it was a F3 instead of F2 but the fact that she beat Aubry and Tai anyway was a shock. I've never seen anybody come from random fodder to really relevant character and player like that before. Jeff probably hated her as a winner but w/e. Pretty fun and unpredictable season from start to finish.

Danni is a vile beast from Hades.

Kelley Wentworth <3 so unexpected

HvV used to be one of my least favorite seasons ever but my feelings are a bit more complex now. I think it has probably the most epic cast out of any season ever, including the original All Stars. Eric (RIP ;____; I miss him) used to always say it's the Survivor equivalent of a Michael Bay movie, driven by big explosions and nothing else really. While I still agree with that in a sense, but there have been seasons since that are either worse culprits of the Michael Bay factor (Cagayan, Millennials vs. Gen X), even more gross in general (RI, SP, World's Apart), or both (Caramoan). while HvV did have a lot of ugly and O__________O aspects, it also had way more redeeming qualities than like half of the seasons after it (and some before it like Thailand, Fiji, Samoa, etc.). Tom's storyline, Coach's hilarious boot episode, Parvati's outright opposition to Russell by the end, Sandra's general "f everybody else" attitude by the end, Candice's pre-merge storyline, Jerri becoming a MORP jury threat, etc. were all legitimately cool things. The editing was ATROCIOUS and is responsible for maybe 40% of the suckage of the season but there were still a good amount of nuggets. I'd take that over say... the barren wastelands of World's Apart or Redemption Island any day of the week. Caramoan was like HvV except way worse in every aspect. Horrific cast, even worse editing, terrible winner, way uglier, etc. idk. History has been more kind to HvV than I anticipated. I counted all of the seasons that I'd rank below it and there's about a third of the seasons that I think are worse than HvV, so it's like 20th or so in my overall rankings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 pm

10.San Juan Del Sur
9.Africa
8.Guatemala
7.Marquesas
6.Palau
5.Vanuatu
4.Borneo
3.Australia
2.Amazon
1.Pearl Islands

HM's
Panama
Philippines
China

Bottom 5
5.Cambodia (Jack random, but what did you think of Kelly Wiglesworth's return to Survivor and edit? I think it was terrible what they did to her)
4.Tocantins
3.Nicaragua
2.Caramoan
1.Redemption Island

You could swap Cambodia with South Pacific, but Sophie's amazing, so it just misses out being a bottom 5 season for me (though it's close). I don't like World's Apart too much either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icarus_Mark

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:42 am

HOW did anyone like Worlds Apart?  I literally raged at the TV like an angry gorilla for much of the post-merge, and would have quit watching had they succeeded in getting Mike voted out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 am

I have mixed feelings about all things Kelly Wiglesworth. I didn't really like her that much in Borneo but I understand and appreciate that she was the necessary piece that complemented Richard and co. that really drove the season forward. If I were to rewatch any season, I'd rewatch Borneo just to understand it all better. I only watched it once and it was early on in my fandom. Either way I wasn't a huge fan of Kelly Wiggleworm to begin with.

I wasn't watching Survivor when Cambodia was announced and they put up the fan vote. I did come back and vote (having no idea who all of the SJDS/Worlds Apart people were LOL) and totally voted for her because how could you not want to see someone so central to the very first season come back with a bunch of the more modern players? It was clear that there was a team old school vs. a team new school and of course she was on team old school with people like Terry who made her feel good about not strategizing or anything like that because it's beneath them. So while I didn't like how she only got like 2 or 3 confessionals all season, I imagine that she was like a square peg in a season full of round holes. The show is so hyper-strategy and gameplay focused now, and she was very against all of that to begin with. So I doubt she had a whole lot of gameplay content to be shown because she even said in her final words that she didn't care too much about all of the social strategy. So I get why she wasn't focused on too much, because it would've been really out of place. On the other hand, what's the point of bringing back someone as legendary as Kelly Wiggles if you're not going to feature her at all? I think she could've offered a lot of insight about her as a person, and what the game's evolution means to her, why she's even there in the first place, etc. But again, it would've all been kind of out of place in a season of Spencers and Stephens. idk. It's complex. I kind of wish they did more with her but at the same time I'm not mad about it and I also get it.

I still get pissed when I think of how the editors treated Jerri and Colby in HvV (LITERALLY IGNORING THEIR ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP WTF), so I imagine that there are people who feel the same way about Wigglewart. I get that, too, I just don't care as much.

I binged through Cambodia in like three days, though, so maybe you should take all of this with a grain of salt. It was better on binge than it was watching live, I imagine. I thought it was a decent season overall, with some pretty fun gameplay. I'd say it's about the middle for me. I wish they cast more people from all seasons, not just BvW-World's Apart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:01 am

Icarus_Mark wrote:
HOW did anyone like Worlds Apart?  I literally raged at the TV like an angry gorilla for much of the post-merge, and would have quit watching had they succeeded in getting Mike voted out.

LOL @ the thought of Mike getting out in like 6th place and seeing a Final 5 of Dan, Carolyn, Will, Rodney, and Sierra. I hated Mike up until he ostracized himself from the majority and then was seen as their enemy, but even then I was just rooting for him by default because they were so terrible. I hated Carolyn like all season too but then when everyone turned on her at F6 I was hoping she'd pull out her idol and survive, again just to spite everyone else. A season where I have to root for Mike and Carolyn by default is an awful one. The only reason I got through it is because I binged it.

So and Vince are two of my top 5 from that season, if that doesn't say how bad the season was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

Lol Vince Sly. Tv gold. Left far too soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:45 am

Jack, very well said. It just upset me because Kelly was part of the four who made Survivor as popular as it was. The show became a ratings blockbuster because people at home were fascinated and involved in those 16 people's story (strategy was not even a thing yet, and was mostly a turnoff to the majority of viewers). It just feels like just a stab in the back to a good friend. If Kelly was even from S4 I wouldn't have thought anything of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:48 am

Vince was funny. So had a lot of potential too. I also secretly (well not really since I openly have said it before lol) really liked Joaquin <3. World's Apart could have actually been pretty good if all the pre jurors made the merge (minus Max) instead of like the entire final 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 am

yeah, I hear that about Kelly. Part of that may be lost on me because I wasn't around for the original airing. If I had been a loyal fan since the beginning, I'd probably be bothered by it, too. I was actually more bothered by Kimmi's treatment lol. Also a classic and iconic character, and I had wanted to see her again for YEARS, and she's got a huge, hilarious personality so I thought she'd get time. but she was weirdly UTR like all season. such a shame ;___;

rofl Shrad why am I not surprised that you liked Joaquin and Lindsey. My 5 favs were Joe, Hali, Jenn, So, and Vince in that order. Shirin would be 6th I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firebolt102890

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm

I started watching in 2007 with China, so I'm just gonna rank the ones I watched live even though I went back at watched seasons 1-14 early on in my fandom. For me personally I think it's just too hard to compare watching a season live, once a week for three months, discussing it online, etc. to binge watching a season in a few days where I already knew everything that would happen.

1. Micronesia -- My second season watching live and while China was decent, this was like 10 times more intense to me. The blindsides were amazing and legitimate, not like today where everything is a #blindside. It was my first time seeing returning players and I rooted so hard for Cirie and Amanda. Them making it to the finale made the whole season worth it. If only one of them actually won. Amanda idoling out Alexis might be my favorite Survivor moment ever.

2. Philippines -- After a string of terrible seasons, Philippines breathed new life into the series. They revived the 3 tribes format for the first time since All-Stars and IMO it's so much more dynamic than two tribes (although, real talk, I'm getting a little tired of *every* season having 3 tribes now. It ruins the novelty.) The returnee format was great and the fall of Matsing culminating with Russell's boot was compelling. Denise is my favorite winner and watching her attend and survive every tribal council was pretty thrilling.

3. Cagayan -- After the amazing premiere I was totally hooked on this season. The chaotic gameplay was really entertaining. I only wish that it was a Tony/Kass F2 because that would have been amazing to watch.

4. San Juan del Sur -- This one was a slow-burner for sure. Honestly after the premiere I was underwhelmed to the point where I actually forgot to watch the first half of Ep 2 while it was airing. Post-Julie quit, the season really explodes with the Jeremy blindside, double idol play, Reed's last stand/Jonclyn drama, and Natalie's successive blindsides of Alec/Jon/Baylor. I maintain that Natalie is the most satisfying and deserving winner of any season. As much as I rave about the post-merge, the snoozy pre-merge keeps it out of the top 3.

5. Gabon -- Coming off the heels of Micronesia, I was super excited for the new season. Really polarizing cast -- players and alliances became easy to root for and against and it was fascinating to see how easily each new power alliance was internally corrupted. I think I spent the entire season reading Sucks because I was so into the show this season. Bob's win was so meh, but it's still in my top 5.

6. Kaoh Rong -- Honestly I might have ranked this one too high, but overall I enjoyed watching this season a lot. The numerous medevacs kind of hurt the momentum at times, but in my opinion Aubry really drives the season, so without her I think it would be much, much lower. Just like with Gabon above, this season culminates in another meh winner (sorry not sorry.) Aubry luring Tai away from Scot/Jason and preventing the super idol was one of my favorite moments of the series.

7. Millennials vs. Gen X

8. Heroes vs. Villains

9. Nicaragua -- I should really actually rewatch this season because it aired while I had a 3 hour night class on Wednesdays, so me and my two friends who were in the class with me would stream it on our laptops Laughing I have no shame admitting a lot of the appeal of this season was the attractive male cast. Holly or Chase winning would have been a much better ending, but then Holly probably would have had a totally different edit with her outrageous premerge moments left out.

10. China -- My first season watching and I enjoyed it. Nothing about it really stands out though in retrospect.

11. Cambodia -- I'm really biased because like none of the 8 people I was rooting for going in made F5. Keith is a fun character but I didn't need him to last this long both times he played. Not crazy about Wentworth. I met Spencer once in real life and he was super nice, but as a player I'm really not a fan like at all. Tasha wasn't any fun. Jeremy played well and deserved the win though. I wish so badly that we lived in a universe where Kimmi Kappenberg was a Survivor winner. I was really bummed by how invisible she and Wigles were, and I wish Kass and Peih-Gee made a deeper run.

12. Blood vs. Water -- S27 is like the definition of a meh season. I'm not a Tyson fan. Monica had no business returning and unleashing Brad on us. The best part was Tina being the unlikely RI returnee.

13. Tocantins -- This season aired at the same time as American Idol season 8 and I was much more invested in that. I feel like I never really rooted for anyone this season. PS I think JT is really boring.

14. Samoa -- Despite Russell dominating all the screen time, it wasn't a terrible season. Not good either. I don't really have anything to say.

15. Caramoan -- The "favorites" were so awkwardly random that I was like not hyped at all for it. Dawn's transition from Mormon mom who bakes bread to cutthroat HBIC was interesting at least. She's kind of underrated tbh.

16. One World -- This was maybe the one season where my interest level was so low that I didn't even bother to watch it live most of the time. I would wait until like Saturday afternoon. Kim played well. No exciting moments really. Next.

17. Worlds Apart -- What a horrendous cast and season. Mike's hero edit seems so forced that his win isn't even exciting at all. Just couldn't get into this season.

18. Redemption Island -- Terrible. To me S22 and S23 are like the same so I'm not sure why I'm ranking this one higher. It wins out for having Mike Chiesl in the cast. Tbh I like Phillip as a character too.

19. South Pacific -- Just bland all over the place. Coach and Ozzy are such random returnees, like wtf. I know they were obviously popular players but at least the other "tribe captain" seasons had some sort of justification or explanation of why they were back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Mrak it's interesting you say that about watching live vs. knowing what happened. Of my top 10 I only watched Panama, Micronesia, Nicaragua, and Philippines live. I'm sure there are elements of all the others that I would've appreciated way more had I watched them as they were airing, but I don't think some of the greatness of Marquesas, Amazon, PI, SJDS, etc. are lost on me. I think that only applies to Borneo and sort of Australia.

gross Cagayan. I do love how they brought back the Final 2, though. Did Jeff or anyone ever explain why they did that? THE FINAL 2 NEEDS TO BE EVERY SEASON

Kaoh Rong's medevacs didn't bug me or take away momentum except sort of Joe's, but he totally would've been 3rd place no votes, unless Tai/Cydney/Michele voted him or Aubry out at F5, which would've made sense. Honestly that season in particular is one that was most hurt by not having a F2. It made no sense not to, and it would've capitalized on an already great endgame. O_____O @ the possibility of Scot staying because of the super idol. Michele as a winner though <3 I'll fight you

Nicaragua had all the potential of a top 5 season but there were some significant things (Fabio winning/his edit, Na Onka and KShinn's quit) that bring it down a few notches. Still an amazing season, though.

ugh you would love Kass. I agree that Peih-Gee's boot in Cambodia was devastating and easily the toughest pill to swallow the whole season. Jeremy <3 Wentworth <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Jack wrote:
Kaoh Rong's medevacs didn't bug me or take away momentum except sort of Joe's, but he totally would've been 3rd place no votes

Fun fact, most of the Koah Rong jury (except Neal) have come out and said they hated Tai, Cydney and Aubrey so much that Joe was going to blow them all out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Doesn't shock me. Kaoh Rong was such a disgusting season with awful people. Scot, Jason, Nick, Dr Douche Peter. Debbie sucks too. Tai is obviously not a bad person whatsoever, but scummy people will usually always hate good people. I know Neal and Aubry are good friends and she's obviously a great person as well. Don't know much else. They also "hate" Cydney for game reasons, for ditching them. Can't blame her. They were an extremely vile and bitter bunch. Major fail on the casting that season. You want villains, but people who can takeit when they get outplayed. That's what made last season so amazing. How well almost everybody took their vote off. Jay, David etc. It was played in SUCH good spirits and was such a brilliant season. The anti Kaoh Rong in many ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Merriska wrote:
Jack wrote:
Kaoh Rong's medevacs didn't bug me or take away momentum except sort of Joe's, but he totally would've been 3rd place no votes

Fun fact, most of the Koah Rong jury (except Neal) have come out and said they hated Tai, Cydney and Aubrey so much that Joe was going to blow them all out.

really??? O__________O that would've been horrendous. lol @ the thought of the editors somehow trying to explain or justify his win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 am

Lol if old Joe won, he would certainly have been the worst ever winner. He didn't do a thing strategically. You have to give him props for hacking it at his age and he was in great shape but just wasn't playing the game at all. He belonged on an early season.

He had some funny moments, like confronting Dr Douche "don't bullshit me. You can't lie to me, I'm an FBI agent" Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Holy cow so much to read. Let me do this first. I will do my top 5 for now cause I will have long write ups.

5. Amazon - I still get giddy and start to fanboy about this season like it just happened. I hate that it's basically forgotten these days. NOTHING like this season had ever happened before. Flip flopping, blindsides, swing votes, power players being DESTROYED, Shawna crying because she lost the coca cola, Joanna going on about false idols (this was literally the first time I learned of this belief), Joanna being mean to Christy Sad , deep talks at camp about sexuality with Roger and Alex (Alex <3), shunning someone because of their disability, being ridiculous BECAUSE of your disability, AGE-ism. This season is loaded. It was like crack for the Survivor nerd in me, and Rob Cesternino finally propelled the game to the appropriate level. In the end, I'm so sad that he didn't win, but I'm torn cause I feel like if he did, he wouldn't have been as amazing. Jenna is awful but she does manage to redeem herself in the final episode and it's honestly touching to watch.

4. Cagayan - One word ~ Kass.

Quote :
If I came in here and played the same as a guy, I'd be strategic. But since I'm a woman, I'm a BITCH.

^ I need that to stand out and never be forgotten <3

No truer words have ever been spoken on Survivor, and maybe even crossing into real life a little bit. Such a gross double-standard. And what a fabulous person for refusing to count herself out because of it. Say what you want about Kass being ridiculous but she brought so much to the game that the game had been lacking at that point. We hadn't seen a Kass before. We'd seen a million Tony's. And we needed someone to come in there and point out the bullshit. And after rewatching I TOTALLY understand why Kass took that offensive position throughout the whole game. Holy cow, the Brains is legit the WORST tribe ever. Garrett O____________O wtf dude.

Moving on from that, I also judge a season by its smaller characters too. A great season won't waste ANY of its characters. Case in point, we were discussing VanillaJulia. Let's compare her to Alexis from this season. They left around the same time but what a cute story arc Alexis had, and she tried!!! And how the beauties were going around gossiping about each other. Then we have Morgan. She's that under-edited character and if you just watch the entire season Morgan-centric it's STILL a great season. I say this cause I did watch it ONLY paying attention to Morgan and her ridiculous boobs and it was so much fun lol. If your cast is shitty, then you resort to 264 Cochran confessionals. There's just way more exposition here and that's because the cast is fantastic. In the end, literally every single episode is good in this season.

3. Pearl Islands - Goddess <3 unlike a lot of the older Survivor seasons, Pearl Islands actually manages to feel timeless. It could come out today and we would love it. Pre and post merge are great. The theme was actually great. So many funny fights and relationship dynamics. I still can't believe the boot order. This was back when Survivor gameplay was still relatively conservative, so the fact that people weren't picked off based on their former tribe standing was shocking for the time. I've finally come around to Jonny Fairplay and even giggle at "Promises are like fat women and wicker furniture". The guy is just absolutely absurd and so ugly (especially when his translucent HAIR is possessed by a green bush) but he plays a pretty fierce game which I was blind to at the time. Sandra's COUNTER-ATTACK gameplay is equally fierce though. And Lill lol. The original goat that "No one will beat in the finals". I really cannot stand that lady. What a joke. Darrah randomly turning into the Colby of the season and dominating immunities. And my favorite part of the season, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME before even KNOWING that poor Jonny's Grandma wasn't actually dead. Pure hilariousness. I don't even care if that's mean, and it is yes. But he was gross and so was his grandma, I'm sure. Mean muggin Changa. You do not fuck with her and that is still very clear to this day. xo 

2. Phillipines - This is probably too high for some. It used to be like #5, but having just binge watched tons of Survivor on Hulu, I now know that I officially love this season the most out of the new-ish ones. It's just sooooo unpredictable and it was honestly a great throw back to the survival part of the game. I was even riveted during the pre-merge and was liking random people like Dawson and Angie and Katie. I also came to love facetransplant Carter <3 And hew DOESN'T love Denise?? Honestly how thirsty was this lady?? Her win was such a delightful surprise but it was also very fitting and predictable once all was said and done. Hard to explain. But I like earned wins the most and if anyone deserved their win, it was Denise. She manages to not only get Russell voted OUT, but she gets him to vote against Malcolm. And vice versa. This lady was Crafty AF!!! I loved listening to her talk too (her response to Abi's jury question is EASILY the best answer ever given by a finalist) and her massive digs at Abi during the game were delicious. I could talk about Denise forever. Clearly a great winner and clearly a fantastic season. And unlike a lot of new seasons, there isn't ONE person in this cast I can't give you some chat about. I even have some things to say about Artis now. So misunderstood <3 These people were interesting!!! More like this season please <3 <3 <3

1. Micronesia - Just rewatched again and it's definitely holding strong here at #1. It's not really that it's girls. We all know I love females on Survivor but there's something else here that propels this season above One World or other female-dominated seasons. It's all just done so fucking ARTFULLY. Beautiful gameplay here. Any time I play a game online, I always make cross tribal alliances. Parvati making an alliance with the favorites, then with the fans at the swap, was just brilliant. Taj and Zebra Stripes Sierra tried to do a Cross Tribal thing and it backfired horribly so I was glad to finally see someone do it right in Micronesia.

Then we get this gem:
I got my five. My girls. Everyone else? They're dead to me.

It was evil how well Parvati played Micronesia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 am

some of your top 5 choices are kind of drunk? I thought you loved all the old school seasons so I'm surprised to see Philippines and especially Cagayan so high. Cagayan would've been more fun to me if not for Tony. Spencer, Kass, Trish, Tasha, Sarah, etc. were interesting and dynamic presences that made the post merge fun, but we've had a million Tonys, like you said, and him receiving the Russell treatment was not something I cared to live through again. It takes away all the fun when you pimp out someone like they did with Tony. It doesn't feel real anymore.

Kass. I don't like her. I agree that she's unique and no nonsense and totally right about the whole sexism BS thing and she contributed a lot, but I don't like her. Let's not forget how much she enabled Tony. Someone like her giving herself a nickname and clearly loving all of the OTTN drama she was getting while still trying to act like she's being wronged just isn't tasteful to me at all.

Fairplay <3 he played one of my fav games of all time too. He had zero business surviving the Shawn boot, zero business getting to keep his tightest ally at F7, and zero business surviving that F4 TC. He caused so much drama and power shifting without any idols or anything, which is awesome. Without idols, Russell Hantz is nobody. Fairplay is everything that CBS wants Russell to be.

Denise was a solid winner but kind of boring I think? Like her win was more fun and less predictable than Kim's but there was nothing about her as a winner that really intrigued me to the point that I love her/her season more for it. Malcolm was the much more fun and dynamic character/player from that season. I see no huge faults her in game, it was just kind of boring. Also she looks like JK Simmons.

Choz what are your top 10?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 am

rofl choz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Survivor seasons   

Back to top Go down