HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Amazing Race 29...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masbond84

PostSubject: Amazing Race 29...   Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Anybody here happy that TAR is finally coming back this thursday?

Here's a link to a 2-min preview of the premiere.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm happy!

I think Cherry, Tommy, Jack, and Adam all watch but I'm not certain on that. There's a few of us.

It's imperative that this season performs well. Phil confirmed it will be the last season if it doesn't get good ratings. Ugh. Gotta get to 30 at least. So many amazing teams have never returned too. It will be a travesty.

I think this twist of ALL the teams not knowing each other will be the only thing that can possibly save it. I've always thought this would be a great dynamic for the show cause it causes FIGHTING and tension which is what the show has been lacking. It's also good that it has returned to Thursday's as I believe that's the day that first gave the show a big boost. Then when it went model/actor/youtube "celebrity" route, it started moving days. And now here we are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:36 pm

I watch. I got into TAR before Survivor and BB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 pm

i just hope it gives us another Hayley and Blair from the Blind date season. i'm really hoping it doesn't ends but yeah, the signs are not good. i'm hoping they will give it one more season and have it a returnees season. i don't mind if they mixed up the returnees since i know not all teams are still together.

i know there are spoilers out there about the eventual teams but i have steered clear and want to be surprised this thu at seeing how the teams are.

it's interesting to see the casting for this season also since teams are usually cast as a pair. so we have a slightly diverse group. but there seems more young athletic people, which kinda reminds me of a season 6. just hope the season is good, especially if it's the last one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm excited! It has been so ridiculously long since last season. Idk how I feel about teams all being mystery to each other. I mean it will still be good but I like the relationships between people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:25 pm

Yeah I like the existing relationships more too. So I hope they go back to that but yeah this is something that might work better than people with followers or whatever they were trying? I would think an Alsltars would help too? Bringing back familiar faces always helps ratings.

edit: and yay there's a lot  more fans in this new forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 am

Allstars seasons <3 there have been so many great teams.

Also...I know they've both played twice already, but I don't even care. I want Jaime/Cara and Brenchel in the same season. So many redheads with attitude <3 I feel like Rachel would try to befriend them, and her and Cara would get along, and Jaime would randomly be a cunt to her <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:13 am

i think with all-stars, it's harder for TAR because they have to get both members free. and some of these teams are no longer in a relationship together so they are not willing to come back together. which is why i hope they just get people who wants to be back and even if not cast randomly, they can find their own racing partner from past racers.

we did have eric and danielle (that's such a blah team, eric and jeremy would have been much better) and mark and mallory (which were such a mess together although i love both of them with their original partners) so not sure if it would really work. but for a final season, i don't mind having that format.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 am

I'm just mad we never got to see BJ and Tyler again. Easily one of the best teams we've ever seen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:12 pm

I don't want this show to die Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 pm

I'll watch this season. I've only watched the last one and that was mostly for Burnie but I'll catch this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:10 pm

i got into TAR quite early as it went to Singapore during TAR 3. and that's when i was hooked. i'm always happy when they go to countries and places I have visited.

here's hoping it won't be the last one. at least, there's TAR Canada to watch out for in a few months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:21 pm

soco-81 wrote:
I think Cherry, Tommy, Jack, and Adam all watch but I'm not certain on that. There's a few of us.

what are you bo_olding my name for? I watched maybe 3 seasons of TAR. Charla and Mirna <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:06 am

Go Away Jack <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:34 am

I am glad they are being up front with fans about that this could be the last season, so its up to the people who really love the show, i will be watching, ive watched all of them except the last one because i felt it would get very fake and playing up to the cameras since they are comfortable in front of one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:32 am

actually i kinda enjoyed the last one. i didn't expect the winner though lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
switza

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:32 pm

I liked the reasoning for doing it this way (so many people want to participate but can't get a partner to go with them). Seems they're wanting feel good winner for sure with so many military, cops, fire people.

The episode wasn't too bad. I don't get how it was so hard to find the Canal. Isn't that the main feature of Panama? I was confused by the archery thing, since it seemed only 1 person per team tried and then they just switched detours. I liked that Phil was all - hey two people who didn't get picked for a team, you get to ride with me; but they still ended on the second flight.

I think it would have been better to do the entire first leg as individuals. When they get to clue boxes to drive to the next location or the detour, they could have teamed up with whomever was already waiting there/next one to arrive. That would give you a chance to potentially team up with a few people before deciding who you're going to travel around the world with. First leg ends as non-elimination. Next episode begins with the first place individual getting their clue. They then sit and wait for the partner they want. So they have the option of teaming up with 2nd place or waiting for someone they like a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:18 pm

I liked the episode, but I was disappointed at the first team eliminated. They seemed like they would have been fun, I liked how they seemed to click instantly.

I can't keep track of most of the people's names yet, but lol so much at the crazy hyper nerd team. That girl with her rainbow hat and her partner with his lime green shirt and they're both bouncing off the walls singing...like wtf @ them instantly realizing they would be a perfect match, I feel like everyone else would get super annoyed at them.

I kinda like Brooke and ginger guy, but I feel like there is tension already between them. Beard and cowgirl are a hot mess. Oh, and I like Seth and Olive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:26 am

Not a bad season premiere actually. Seth and Olive definitely is a good pair and I could potentially seeing them going all the way to the finale and maybe even win. Matt and Redmond seem to be another good pair. I'm surprised Michael actually pick Liz and yeah, I think they are gonna leave very soon. I was expecting more fireworks from Jessie and Francesca after the initial bickering to the baggage store but it seems they work things out. They might fight again though. Becca and Floyd I think might have been the best partner for each other. I'm worried for them though if it comes to strength based challenges. #TeamWillandGrace definitely are gonna keep bickering it seems, haha. I kinda like TeamMomandDad. Although the preview of them fighting I hope is a one-off thing. And yeah, kinda sucks the Asian team left first, Would have love to see more of their dynamics.

Anyway aside from a few people, I think the cast seems generally entertaining. Hope it continues to be be quite good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Poor LongHairDon'tCare, they actually made it 10th and then have to do a penalty because it was too dark to finish kayaking. Though I guess it's partially their fault for taking 20 (hyperbole here) hours to find the canal lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Get OUT, Jack. I forgot you only watched the one with Kentucky and Bama?

I loved the new episode. It's going to be a great season. I kind of enjoyed all of the teams. And unlike a lot of the new seasons recently it didn't feel generic. lol @ the massive Amazon woman that was starting fights. Totally fave.

I was bummed about the team that left too they seemed cute.

Redmond is kind of hot. Seth & Olive are cute. I probably would've picked Olive for a partner as well. I feel sorry for the guys who got Ashton and Brooke.

I also like 80's mullet dude that got lost. I feel like he and his facetransplant partner are going to be hilarious. She is probably hoping to hook up with him Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Quote :
Cherry said:
I can't keep track of most of the people's names yet, but lol so much at the crazy hyper nerd team. That girl with her rainbow hat and her partner with his lime green shirt and they're both bouncing off the walls singing...like wtf @ them instantly realizing they would be a perfect match, I feel like everyone else would get super annoyed at them.

I lol'd so much at this description. Very Happy Totally accurate. I love them <3 but yeah they would annoy me on their own. I've never known anyone like either of them so they will be fun and also ominous to watch cause I don't know what to expect at all. I can see the girl having an epic melt down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:46 pm

yeah I watched the one with Bama and the BQ's <3 then All-Stars after it where I got to see the best TAR team of all time aka Charla and Mirna. I doubt anyone's ever been better than them.

I watched TAR7 with Romber and Uchenna and Joyce, too. I started to watch the season afterwards with the goths (Kynte and Vyxhshynne?) but I got bored and never really finished. I did the same thing for a couple seasons after that but by the time 15 or 16 rolled around I didn't even try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Yeah you're right nobody has ever topped Charla & Mena Sad they can't seem to cast this show very well lol.

I thought of you the other day when I was watching Allstars, btw!

*Charla sees huge 18 ft tractor wheel*

OMG......I need a stepstool.

Charla I don't have time for stepstool. Please!

THIS IS A STEPSTOOL!

Then you have Teri & Ian in the background yelling at some poor construction worker lady. RAPIDO RAPIDO! TAKE US TO THE FRONT GATE *waves papers in ladies face*

SO obnoxious.

Of the new ones, the one where Kent and Vyyxxsinne return is probably the only other one I could recommend to you. They are frickin HILARIOUS. I don't even know why they were so angry and pissed off but it was like a completely different team. Kynnt also made a big thing about changing the spelling of his name to the regular KENT way lol. And he makes Vyxin carry his bags the whole race until she tries to commit suicide by jumping into that dirty river. They are both just an aggro mess.  One hilarious moment happens when Kent RUNS INTO the trunk of a taxi cab and hits his head and gets all pissed off at the taxi driver and is trying to fight him. He's like "UGH you need to tell me to watch out next time BRO" and the poor cabbie is so confused and just ends up smiling awkwardly while Kent screams at him from the back seat. Then he and Vixxsynne throw a poor Indian man out of a cab. It's just complete chaos and if you can look past how inhumanely they behave lol, it's a pretty fun season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 am

I NEED A STEPSTOOL <3 I remember randomly shouting that @ u in all caps before.

Is that an episode where Mirna randomly puts on a fake accent as she's talking to the locals? or when she goes through massive mood swings? or isn't that like every episode? they should come on Survivor too <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 29...   

Back to top Go down

Amazing Race 29...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next