Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:01 am

Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse
Hosted by: RobertsFilm

Thanks to everyone who signed up for Movie Idol XI: A New Chapter. This is the game thread where all of the categories, judges comments, scores and eliminations will be posted. I will be archiving the thread on IMDb for this game. I'll post everything both on here and IMDb, and when IMDb goes away, it will solely be on here.

Rules & Reminders:
1. Every round each contestant sends in a short scene from a film based on the theme.

2. I suggest the scenes should be at least 2 minutes long but no longer than 5 minutes. You can send in a scene under 2 minutes though, you can also send in a scene longer than 5 minutes, but it better be good.

3. The scenes will be sent to the judges and they will rate it on a scale of 1-10, based on their overall enjoyment of the scene. The judges will also provide a score between 1-5 on how risky the film choice was, 5 being risky, 1 being safe.

4. If someone sends in a film that had already been chosen I will ask for you find something else to submit. A film cannot be sent more than once in this game (unless there is a specific theme that says otherwise)

5. If you live in another country outside of the United States, there may be potential complications with youtube videos and some may be blocked in certain countries. Try your best to work around that but if you need my help, let me know.

6. Once I post a category, you will have approximately 24 hours to submit a scene to me. I am flexible so if you need SOME extra time, let me know well in advance but otherwise you would be expelled. Once someone is expelled, the person who was last eliminated will be asked to rejoin the game.

Judges:
1. Dan
2. Martin
3. Hepditch
4. Krappenschitz

*I’ll accept more judges*

Contestants:
1. Henry
2. Misty
3. RTF
4. Murr
5. Dana
6. Jesse
7. *Mystery Player*
8. David
9. Turner
10. Tom (Mets)
11. Pete
12. Mas
13. Emer
14. Harley
15. Mykee

Round 1: TBD
Top Scorer: TBD

Eliminated: TBD

Winner:
Thirteenth Eliminated:
Twelfth Eliminated:
Eleventh Eliminated:
Tenth Eliminated:
Ninth Eliminated:
Eighth Eliminated:
Seventh Eliminated:
Sixth Eliminated:
Fifth Eliminated:
Fourth Eliminated:
Third Eliminated:
Second Eliminated:
First Eliminated:

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by RobertsFilm on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:43 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:13 am

Anybody can still sign up to be a contestant or judge.

If you want to play and you haven't signed up, just send in a scene within the deadline when I post the first round and you're in.

Contestants can send scenes via PM here on the forum, on imdb (before it ends of course) or E-Mail which I'll be providing when I post the first theme. I'll be giving everyone tons of options for ways to send me scenes.

I'll be posting all the info on both the imdb thread and forum thread, just so all the info is here, even though people will likely be mostly interacting on imdb for the time being. When I fully transition to hosting the game here, everything will be here from the beginning of the game. People are welcomed to respond here or imdb, doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 am

Henry: I need a little help adding color to posts. When I click on the color button, nothing shows up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:43 am

Round One

Send in a scene from a DISASTER film.

I would categorize "Disaster" films as the following sub-genres:
"Apocalyptic" films, "Outbreak" films, "Natural Disaster" films, films that portray a "Dystopian Future", "Invasion" films, + others. Don't limit yourselves to just the examples given, if you think of something that could apply, go for it.

Basically, a movie where the subject matter is "everything is no longer what it was, and the future is grim" kind of thing. There's a lot of creative directions you guys can take this theme, it's pretty broad. If there's confusion on a selection where you aren't sure if it's allowed, you can message me.

I think it's an appropriate theme considering IMDb Message Boards are quickly heading toward extinction.

*If you want, you can send in a backup choice just in case your first film choice was taken.

HOW TO SEND SCENES:
Via Private Messaging on this forum
Via IMDb Private Messaging to Me
Via E-Mailing me at robsfilm33(at)gmail(dot)com

Deadline: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 @ Noon EST.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:52 am

TEST
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:53 am

what browser are you using? Mine didn't show up either but I disabled my ad blocker and then it did. Not sure why that's happening O_O

Try doing that if you have an ad blocker
Back to top Go down
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:20 am

So effin HAWT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:24 pm

#NeverForget
Back to top Go down
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Are the judges to depressed from the boards shutting down to judge?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Yeah idk whats up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I don't have a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
HarleyStodden

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Suggestion: Send clips to someone else, who can then send them to the judges to get this moving, or have a temporary host for this round, I dunno lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:03 pm

I got a deja vu feeling like this has happened before. Has it? Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Funny you say that, I was watching a movie called 12:01 about a time loop similar to Groundhog Day haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:32 pm

You guys know Rob has had a difficult week stop being mean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Turner, nobody was being mean to Rob. I just made a suggestion to try to speed things up a little. My response to Mas was out of sheer coincidence that he mentioned deja vu the same day I watch a movie about a time loop.

I'm out of here before another fight breaks out Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dana ShelbyChancey

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:23 am

Are we going to have results for the Romantic Comedy round, or is it over? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 am

I've been dealing with a lot of stuff recently, been really busy so I'm sorry about the long hold with this game. If anybody wants to help out with hosting, by all means, I should be able to eventually come back to help out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Alright, I talked to Rob. I am officially dropping out of the game, and will continue hosting this, if people are still interested.

Here's the cast list:

1. Dan
2. Me
3. Hepditch
*we'll take another judge*

Contestants:
2. Misty
3. RTF
5. Dana
6. Jesse
7. *Mystery Player*
8. David
9. Turner
10. Tom (Mets)
11. Pete
12. Mas
13. Emer
14. Harley
15. Mykee

I'm gonna need the judges, and all players, to post here or PM me that they have seen this. Because some of your submissions were probably lost in the #boardpocalypse, we are gonna scrap the theme for Round 2. I will be posting a new theme for Round 2 shortly with a deadline. And however many people submit a scene will stay in the game. So, stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Round 2-REDUX

Alright so we will be redoing round 2.

Your theme for this round:

Quote :

Send a scene from movie released in theaters in the United States in 2009 (limited or wide release, as long as it was released in at least 2 theaters between January 1 and December 31st, in the USA, it counts. IMDb is your friend. I know we hate it now, but still..use it for this lol).

I will post a list of movies sent and update it frequently so you don't send a scene from a movie already picked.

DEADLINE TO SUBMIT WILL BE SUNDAY @ 11pm ET. PLEASE PM YOUR SUBMISSION TO ME HERE, OR SEND THEM ON SKYPE IF IT'S EASIER FOR YOU. MY SKYPE: henryd.88

Long deadline because I want to make sure we get as many submissions as possible. In order for me to feel like this game is worth continuing, I will need at least 8 people to submit a scene. If I don't get 8 scenes, the game will be put on hold indefinitely and will be up to Rob what to do then.

Thanks and good luck!
Back to top Go down
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Sent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masbond84

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:57 pm

will sent in soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brady911

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Seen it will send
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Idol XI: The Apocalypse - Game Thread   Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Movies already sent:

500 Days of Summer
The Hangover
Up
Up in the Air
Watchmen
District 9
Zombieland
Precious
Saw VI

Last edited by kyogre123 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down