Share | 

My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 pm

lol at no one using this area anymore after all that *scandal*

I know Tyler and Bobby like this band but if anyone else likes it, hi.

Anyway:

#20:

When Will This End
Album: Take a Look in the Mirror

Why: I dont know why people hate on this album so much, it has so many good songs in it. This one is short, but so good. Does it fit as a last song in a Korn album? Probably not, but it's good enough to make this ranking!

#19:

Hater
Album: The Paradigm Shift

Why: Cool jam.  Almost doesnt sound like Korn at all, but  I still like it, I really like the chorus. I am also happy they did a a music video for it despite not being a song on the original album, but an additional/bonus track. That's cool. The video is very interesting, and I like all the little clips in there, very eye opening.

#18:

Clown
Album: Korn

Why: Ahh old school! This album was so weird because I remember my little cousin buying it and we would listen to it in secret ( my mom was so against this music lol) and I had no idea what they were saying. I think I was like 8 or 9. But I knew I really liked this kind of music, I did, i dont know, identify with it I guess, lol. So good. Now that I listen to it when I know what they are saying, it's even better.

#17:

Dirty
Album: Issues

Why: I dont know what it is about this song that I like. It's so creepy but so melodic and beautiful in a weird, creepy kind of way. I like when they do short songs like this one that have  such an impact in such little time. Plus this album is soooo good, if I could put all of its 16 songs in this list, I so would lol.

#16:

Mr Rogers
Album: Life is Peachy

Why: This song is soooo good, especially the lyrics. But it's so creepy at the same time, the emotion in this...my god. Haunting shit. This is ranked 16th, and it's like, one of my all time favorite songs. This is why I love this band so much and I hope one day I go see them in concert.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 pm

#15:

Love and Meth
Album: The Paradigm Shift

Why: I like how catchy this song is. This album is pretty  good and a good comeback after the *flop* that was The Path of Totality. It's a different sound of Korn, but I like it.

#14:

Everything Falls Apart
Album: The Serenity of Suffering

Why: The new album. Is. So. Good. The fact that I ranked this song at #14 should say something lol. Really good song that just gets fucking wild in the last minute or so. Amazing.

#13:

Justin
Album: Follow the Leader

Why: Nice underrated song. Great tune, not much else to say. Follow the Leader is a weird album for me because the songs I like from it, I REALLY like, and the songs I don't, I just HATE lol. No middle ground in this album I guess.

#12:

Shoots and Ladders

Why: Another good song from this album. Old school af. This album is what, 23 years old now, wtf.....But I did listen to it for the first time years after it came out so I am not that old lol.

#11:

This Broken Soul

Why: An unreleased track! Creepy song, I am wondering why they left it out, it's so good, and their first album only has like 12 songs, what's one more song right. Anyway, so good! If you've never listened to it before, it's good. It's creepy. It's very Korn

Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Old school Korn <3 (though I'm totally with you on Follow the Leader). Henry this is exactly what the ranking section needs (I'm sure everyone is going to want to be trendy and start ranking again after they see this).
A.D.I.D.A.S to rank high!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:38 pm

#10:

The Hating

Why: Probably only made it this deep in the countdown because of those last 30 seconds. Wow...speechless. So surprised they have such good music still coming out after all these years but here we are...

#9:

Blind

Why: Another song from their debut album that I really like. Keep in mind this is like, their very first single as "Korn" and it's just so...good. The emotion in this. How different and cool it sounds, considering when it came out. Great song, great memories....

#8:

Insane

Why: Did I already say that I love this album? Well here's another song from it!!  Love this song. Love this video. I am sooo happy this was a single since it's one of my favorites from SOS. No member of Korn is seen in this video, but was that needed? The video is already awesome af. This album reminds me so much of their favorite album but with a more modern twist, i was just destined to love it lol.

#7:

Seed
Album: Follow The Leader

Why: This song. Needed. A. Music. Video. This is so awesome and siiiiick. From 3:42 onward...wow. I've never heard something like this, and I am so glad I did because it's awesome!!! This is one example of those songs from this album that I loved, compared to the ones that I really hated haha. Such a good song, I can't help but make it one of the first songs I recommend when people ask me about what Korn songs to listen to first.

#6:

Falling Away From Me
Album: Issues

Why: Another song that takes me back to the years of my childhood/early teens. MTV was like, one of the main channels I was watching back then and the spanish channel had a rock countdown and I was so excited to watch it every week and this song had so many weeks in the top spot. Definitely takes me back to those years when, like I said, I had no idea what they were saying, but I still loved the music and knew I was a metal head. I also think it's cool that this video is like a sequel of Freak on a Leash.

Last edited by kyogre123 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Crap.  forgot my honorable mentions after song #6 lol:

Oildale (Leave Me Alone)

Make Me Bad

Did My Time

A Different World (ft. Corey Taylor)

Rotting in Vain

Blame

Starting Over

Black is the Soul

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 pm

#5:

All Day I Dream About Sex (A.D.I.D.A.S)
Album: Life is Peachy

Why: Life is Peachy is such a dark album after you listen to the lyrics, so this song, ADIDAS, stands out for some reason I dont know, because it's so...different, compared to the others from this album? Hahah. I really do like it and once I listen to it, I can't just listen to it just once. Good song!

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 pm

#4:

Freak on a Leash
Album: Follow the Leader

Why: Am I wrong to think this is their most popular song? Probably not lol. Not surprised tho. It's a good jam! And the video is so cool and revolutionary when it came out. Anyway, another song, another album that takes me back, listening to it when you had no idea what they were saying...and then listening to Jonathan's gibberish half way through the song and thinking, is that English? Ahh yes...good times...

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 pm

#3:

No One's There
Album: Untouchables

Why: the fact that Untouchables is the only physical album that I own from Korn and have in front of me is not lost on me...this album was such a part of my life in those transitional years. Moving from my home country, to the united states...this band, this album, they were a big part of it...anyway, this song. It's so, I dont know how to describe it. The vocals are so haunting yet beautiful. I dont know what else to say. There's beauty in heavy metal and this song is  a great example of it.

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:06 pm

#2:

Thoughtless
Album: Untouchables

Why: OMG it's Jesse Pinkman before he was Jesse Pinkman. BY FAR, and sorrry haters that don't feel that way, but by far my favorite Korn MV everrrr. Watching this shet on Spanish MTV takes me back. Especially when they didn't censor any of the bad words because they thought none of us dumbasses knew what they were saying....mmmhmm...Anyway yea, my favorite song from this album. Korn was at its best in the Issues-Untouchables era, and this song is the best example of why. Video  is nastayyy.

Back to top Go down
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:14 pm

#1:

My Gift To You
Album: Follow The Leader

Why: Well here's a shocker. This song...wow. I dont know if they will ever be able to top this. I mean, this list is my personal ranking and some of the Korn fans might feel different. But I don't know...this song just takes me places. So emotional. So powerful. On their first 2 albums, Korn had their "scariest", creepiest songs as the last song on the album. So this song was a little different at first, but after a while you can hear why it was the last song on this album (ignoring the "hidden" song that comes after it) A love letter to JD's girlfriend at the time who kept asking him to write a song for her so he wrote this one. Wow....amazing. Haunting, creepy yet beautiful. Exactly how I felt about Korn after what, almost 20 years.  I hate you, can you feel the pain?

Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Henry, what country are you (or your parents) originally from?
Freak on a Leash is for sure Korn's most popular song. That song and that video was played constantly all through the early 2000's (I remember being in middle school and it was like the Korn song for Korn fans). I kinda feel like people in their 20's now are the last age group that really appreciates rock music? I'm sure there's plenty of younger fans, but it seems like it's more of a niche, and pop and hip hop are the only thing that really ever hits the Billboard 100 these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:46 pm

lol I was born in Spain. But yea I agree Freak on a Leash is the Korn song everyone knows haha. My mom got cable for our house and MTV was one of the channels we got and they were always playing rock music , like Limp Biskit, Korn, Staind...lol. So that's how I kind of knew FOAL was their most popular song since that song was like, on all the time. Laughing
And yea music these days suck. <3 that shit from the late 90s and early 00's thats what's really good.
Back to top Go down
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Idk this band too well either besides Freak On A Leash and Dead Bodies Everywhere, but I like your reasonings. Razz

AND SHH. GARRETT'S BEEN WORKING EVERY DAY TILL 12EST AT NIGHT AND MOST OF THE RANKINGS I'VE DONE BEFORE ARE FOR CD'S I HAD 12 YEARS AGO.

But now I'm inspired to post one since you posted a ranking of Korn songs who've been irrelevant for while. SO NOW I'M GOING TO RANK AVRIL LAVIGNE'S FIRST ALBUM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:34 pm

IRRELEVANT? How r.ude.

I am surprised at my ability to write coherent sentences after a full bottle of wine tbh...cuz I have no memory of writing any of this last night Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Merriska wrote:
SO NOW I'M GOING TO RANK AVRIL LAVIGNE'S FIRST ALBUM.

Let Go <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merriska

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:12 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
IRRELEVANT? How r.ude.

Yeah I feel bad. </3

I guess since they had two hits on the rock charts which is the most important chart for them last year they're not actually that irrelevant lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:27 pm

You have your DUMB FRIENDS. I know what they say. They tell you I'm difficult, but so are they.

<3

I miss Avril.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WCW

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:08 pm

i would have put rotting in vain some where on the list but overall, great fuckin list man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)   

Back to top Go down

My ranking of Korn songs (haters gtfo)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1