Survivors of the IMDb Apocalypse

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

An idea to Keep the Community growing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:50 pm

I was thinking about this a lot since I heard the announcement on IMDb. One of the things that kept the Other Games board afloat, was the ability to recruit people. People leave and come back all the time (like me and plenty of others), but some just don't come back. It's always a thrill to be able to recruit/meet new people, it's always been a big part of the evolution and growth of our community. Our openness (for the most part) to embrace new people. Unfortunately, IMDb doing away with the message boards complicates that a lot.

I had an idea to potentially get a cheap domain name, something memorable, catchy and something that is still true to the roots and origins of the community. I'm not exactly sure what yet though. "othergamesboard.com" is available and cheap Lol. It's kind of boring though.

Anyway, if I get us a domain name and we connect it to the forum and polish everything up, we could promote the website on social media, fan pages, other forums, etc. We could encourage people to join and participate in our community to keep it going.

I just wanted to throw that out there, to get people's thoughts, if they like the idea or have any other suggestions. I know some web designers who could help guide us designing a polished website with maybe a home page and customizable profiles. I think this could be a good opportunity to keep everything going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:49 pm

I agree with Rob we need to recruit people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:52 pm

By the way I wish Rob was around to judge my film and tv big brother game he would have been great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobertsFilm

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogre123
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 pm

t.ears that game, RTF was so RUDE, evicting me when all he had to say was, let's final 2 and I so would have <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:14 pm

RTF was working with me Henry. Turner was being a bad host.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Jesse you ended up winning my game can you stop calling me a bad host nobody was casting anything at the time I stepped up and got a cast I am very happy with my game. It was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesseRebel

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:45 pm

You got the regulars on the board. Also, most hosts dont engage and antagonize their players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soco-81

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:02 pm

This again.

Hi guys! <3
I sent pm's to a few of the older regulars. let me know if I should contact anyone else. This will be our last chance to keep in touch with them!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spooky33

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:41 am

Tyler <3 love you boo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DN109

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:48 am

Yes Tyler! Get that bish Angie over here plz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea to Keep the Community growing   

Back to top Go down

An idea to Keep the Community growing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1