Dan's Movie Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Dead Rising: Endgame (2016)

A couple weeks ago or so, I reviewed a mindless zombie flick called Dead Rising: Watchtower (see "The Horror Thread" for that). I am going to follow-up that post with a review of its sequel, which takes place a mere two years after the events of the first film. Once again, our hero Chase (Jesse Metcalfe) is back and determined to expose some lying sons of bitches for exploiting the zombie virus for financial gain. The fact that he lost his partner Jordan in the first film still haunts him to this day, so that fuels his anger as well. Doesn't help that the Army is involved and out to get him for knowing too much.

Back with him is another cute brunette who is apparently NOT the same cute brunette from the first film. I guess the guy is so hunky that a new girlfriend two years later is believable, but she was SO similar to the other character (right down to being infected with the virus) that I'm super mindfucked finding out now that the character was not the same. I guess I simply believed that they had recasted the character, but alrighty. Unimportant detail, though it still makes me wonder what happened to the likeable chick from the first movie. There's this other comic-relief sidekick of sorts as well, but the less I say about him the better. Not like he's all that important really, he's just there to bolster Metcalfe's character as a good guy. As if we didn't already know that already....anyway, our protagonists are forced to infiltrate a facility to undermine a scheme by some corrupt companies to blow up "infected" (but not yet "turned") people. Destroying soon-to-be zombies would be controversial, yet could be argued to be good thing even if morally-bankrupt. However, don't side with these corporations just yet. These bastards plan to release a new strain of the virus to reap more profits in the future. For God's sake,  what the fuck is wrong with these people??? Basically, it's down to Chase and his friends to save society from itself.

In a nutshell, I found the sequel leaner and meaner, which much better zombie fight sequences that kept the movie moving along fairly well. As I said in my first review, these fight scenes are really the only reason to watch these films in the first place. There's a thriller angle in that they're working against a countdown and one of our protagonists will blow up if it's not stopped. The fact that this facility has been keeping Chase's partner captive as a test subject added an interesting though ultimately pointless element given that she wasn't even the love interest and was surprisingly a flat character this time around. What was interesting was that she's something of the sole survivor from an original group of eight test subjects who had managed escape the facility's clutches, but got attacked by zombies on their way out. Upon hearing that, I was left thinking that I would have *preferred* to see THAT movie just because I preferred confined zombie horrors like [REC] or Quarantine to the likes to community ones like the films in Romero's "of the Dead" franchise. But that's just my opinion. pale

Not that I wasn't a fan of the movie we did get. I have to give this a 7/10 just because it was much better paced compared to the first, and those fight scenes were pretty awesome. Corporations are evil, but greed never pays in the end! When are these horror villains ever gonna learn? Sheesh...

Last edited by A-Supreme on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : imagefix)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imdb.com/user/ur55248812/
cooltu101

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Do you watch things that isn't horrror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 pm

I do, I just prefer horror/thriller/crime movies most.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Dan exploring Jesse Metcalfe's body (of work <3)
Turner, what's your favorite scary movie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Damn right, he's the only reason I even checked out the Dead Rising films. lol

They reminded me of another film he was in a while back called Insanitarium which was alright too. I remember the nosy reporter from Sweet Home Alabama (see, I do watch other stuff, Turner Razz) was in it too.
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Dan likes Jesse Metcafe? Shocker lol. He is fine. So it's a good Straight to DVD film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:50 pm

I mean it's not like I'm putting his posters all over my room or anything, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he was hot. I remember him quite well from his Passions days. I thought he was hot before he became more mainstream. lol
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Desperate housewives was my first Jesse spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I have a few reviews typed up and ready to go, but I want to squeeze in an extra couple since I have fallen somewhat behind. I think I am going to start doing longer reviews for relatively recent releases and the shorter, quick reviews for the older stuff I watch (basically anything pre-2015). I figured if people wanted me to elaborate on any of them, they'd comment and we can talk more about them.
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I Am Not A Serial Killer (2016)

One of the must-see Netflix titles I've put off far too long just because once I watch it, there will be precious little "must-watch" material left for me on there. Stupid excuse, I know, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. This movie started out well enough and I appreciated the realistic pace it took on, though it weirded me out that the mortician mom saw autopsy time as bonding time with her seemingly fucked-up child. Said kid with homicidal tendencies then witnesses his elderly neighbor in serial-killing action. Instead of calling the police (who, let's be real, wouldn't have believed him anyway but if you're going to avert this expectation, at least be believable about it...), he decides to pursue his own personal life of crime, with withholding of evidence, trespassing, blackmail, and flatout assault being a few of the crimes he commits throughout the movie. Much of the movie is pretty good, especially the scene where he witnesses the first murder... when the neighbor does that spine-tingling, almost-victorious howl creeped me the FUCK out. The home-invasion scene was pretty sweet too when the kid decides to he wants to threaten the neighbor's beloved wife, who is clueless that her hubby is a serial killer, and things get out of control for a moment there. What I didn't care much for was the film's decision to go from a serial-killer psychological thriller/drama to a
Spoiler:

which came too far out of left field for me. Ultimately, due to my disappointment with that development, I had to give it a 6/10. If you like the subgenre change at the end more than I did, you might give this a higher rating, but for me it sits squarely at average.

The Girl on a Train (2016)

Emily Blunt and Haley Bennett <3 Needless to say, I was a bit biased going into this one but I was completely swept up in the story. An alcoholic woman (brilliantly played by Emily Blunt - seriously, what an awesome job she did with this role) devastated by a recent divorce rides a train by her old home where her husband & his new wife live. She begins to project her "perfect life" on a young couple who live nearby. Soon, she starts to notice dark secrets about their life as her own starts to unravel. When a murder disquiets this white-picket-fence little neighborhood, things get a bit messy for our unreliable narrator. Overall, I really enjoyed watching this mystery unravel. I also really thought the twist was good and I didn't really see it coming, though I did sort of guess who was behind the murder. Still, I didn't expect it to unravel the way that it did. I want to say more, but this is a hard to discuss one with anybody who hasn't seen it yet. All I can say is to watch it and see what you think because it's a 9/10 for me, easily.

All Through the House (2015)

Yeah yeah, I totally had to watch this out of season. It's not my fault that Amazon decided to finally put this up for free viewing. Such is life in the life of a Prime member. And, frankly, I've been waiting for a new, decent slasher for a while now and seeing this one now available to watch was good reason to pounce on it. I've been hearing a lot of reviews saying this is an homage to 80s slashers, which is true for better and for worse. For the better, many of them were amusingly trashy and this one definitely hits all those beats... it's comparable to Silent Night, Deadly Night and Don't Open til Christmas if you've seen either of those. For the worse, many of the characters were merely there just to get killed in brutal death scenes with plenty of the mushy red stuff. However, disappointingly, these deaths weren't happening to characters that we as viewers were conditioned to care about. Characterization is something the 90s slashers really improved on, and seeing a recent one delve back into the 80s slasher style sort of makes you realize how much you appreciate the effort on characters the later slashers (at least the good ones) emphasized on. The killer's M.O. was to target couples, with the girl dying first and the guy getting his diock chopped off by the killer's weapon of choice - a stolen pair of hedgeclippers from Cropsey. Despite it all, the movie does have a true FINAL GIRL and she has her hands full and is on her own for a good portion of the final half hour so that makes up for a lot of the shortcomings. Btw, every house in this is so disgustingly Christmas, with decorations galore. I know that this a Christmas movie, but wow... the town was almost like a meaner and darker Whoville at times, yet oddly without snow probably because the budget wouldn't allow for them to film anywhere but sunny L.A. at night (just guessing...). Gotta give it a little love, though. 7/10

Shadows of the Dead (2016)

This DVD title is currently being sold at Wal-Mart. It is a generic title with a literally shitty-looking monster promised on the cover. The Poopy-Eyed Monster, maybe? Yet, this was actually not a bad little supernatural slasher if you are in the mood for one, but a different one from all the others you've ever seen before. A group of kids go to an "Anti-Prom Party" and get marked by an evil entity in the woods, where the obvious final-girl's BFF gets possessed and dies horribly. As the group reels from the loss after they've returned to everyday life, they start getting stalked by some literal cloud of doom and they get taken out one by one. I was a bit hesitant to pick it up, but I'm really glad that I did. I really wasn't expecting it to be as well made as it was or to have nearly as likeable of characters that it did. Still, it is terribly cliché so proceed with extreme caution. I just wanted to bring some attention to the movie because I'm sure it'll never get any love whatsoever otherwise. So, here's me giving it a little love nudge just because I'm like that. 6/10

Last edited by A-Supreme on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:07 am

Recovery (2016)

I saw this title added to Amazon Prime's selection a few weeks ago and was pretty excited to check it out. Basically, a group of teens on the evening of graduation go to a club and lose one of their members, who appears to have been abducted by a looney-toon family focused on finding their son a new wife, even going so far as kidnapping girls and keeping them captive. While this girl was pretty much a stranger to the three others in the gang, the problem is that she has our heroine's phone and that can't do in this day with kids so overly-obsessed with electronic devices and social media. Doesn't help that her phone apparently has her WHOLE life on it. Hence, the brother of our heroine has the Recovery app installed on his own phone so they can track the missing device to some run-down, shady looking home in a bad neighborhood. The crazy yet typical fight for survival ensues when the dumb teens can't leave well enough alone and enter the house of hell. All for a phone.

I mean, this entire thing is really kind of stupid to begin with but here I am coming back to these movies again and again, knowing full well what I'm getting myself into. The killer in this is actually kind of scary hot with the mask over his mouth (for good reason, trust me lol), though he seems a bit wasted in this movie. I really couldn't stand the little brother character in this, though the sassy "new" friend who went missing is fairly likeable all throughout. I even liked her after the big reveal, oops... The "bad boy" love interest was even fairly likeable as well, but I don't know why he stuck around to help our heroine who clearly just uses him to make her cheating real boyfriend jealous. And for all the talk about phones, they sure didn't try hard enough to alert the authorities of possible theft of personal property. Not like they weren't on their phones all the time. No wonder they ran out of charge when all hell broke loose.

I can't really decide if I liked this movie or was annoyed by how ridiculous it was from start to finish. I was ready to award it a middleground 5/10 until the shock ending which came out of nowhere, made no sense, but yet seemed appropriate for some reasn. I ended up bumping it up to an average 6/10. While I'm probably giving this movie a bit too much credit by saying this, I also kind of liked how the movie could be seen as a commentary to our technophilic generation, who can barely function when there's not a device nearby. Drugs and sex were the true killers in the 80s, but mobile phones are the proving to be the downfall of the current generation. At least in these dead teenager movies.

Oh, and to add a pinch of personal baggage in this... Someone also got annoyed at me a few days ago for not being on my phone 24/7 so watching this while hating technology and the ease of communication that comes with it does wonders. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Abattoir (2016)

I have to admit, I was going to skip reviewing this one altogether just because I was left feeling absolutely nothing about it. However, what's changed now is that while I caught this one on DVD weeks ago, I see that it has been added to Netflix Instant now which is making me muster up some comments about it even though I didn't have much to say even when it was fresh in my mind. Disappointing too, since I really enjoyed most of Darren Lynn Bousman's other stuff. Saw II and III were amazing chapters in that franchise, Mother's Day (2010) was pretty awesome, and Saw IV was at least passable. However, I know he has a few eclectic titles out that I haven't bothered to view because they don't interest me. So, it wasn't like I was going into this one expecting good things, but I knew that it was in decent hands so there was a possibility I may really like it.

I also admit I don't always watch horrors for the right reasons. Plots and trailers should probably take precedence, but I like the stars. Jessica Lowndes is one of my favorite Scream queens... a proven final-girl in Autopsy, a strong female pilot in Altitude, mostly wasted in otherwise enjoyable Eden, and opening-victim in The Haunting of Molly Hartley. Joe Anderson also shows up in some pretty nice genre movies as well, like The Crazies, The Grey, Supremacy, and The Ruins, often as a character actor but a noticeable one at that. Neither really had amazing performances in this, but I feel glad that I watched it, but only because these are two actors I enjoy in these types of movies. And of course there's Lin Shaye, but even she has shown up in a few stinkers as of late. Though she's still playing to her strangeness, Shaye still remains a bright spot for what little she was featured.

Ultimately, this movie is so gloomy and doomy, and the most interesting element is that you're never quite aware when it's set. Lowndes' character looks like she's stepping out of a Turner Classic Movie, but then there's a HD television in a later scene and you're left feeling confused. I sort of liked that dreamlike out-of-time quality to the atmosphere, but storywise this just fell flat, it wasn't even remotely scary, and was never anything to write home about hence my willingless to skip talking about it, until now. I settled on giving it a 5/10, only because it wasn't offensively terrible to deserve anything lower.

Proceed with caution!

Last edited by A-Supreme on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Do darling next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Very soon on my watch list, in fact. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cindyfan

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Aww Abattoepr sounds meh. I love Saw 2 and 3 too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Dan, I just noticed you updated this thread! Thank you <3. I love reading your reviews.
You liked All Through the House more than I did though. I wasn't having the best night, so I might not have been fair with it, but I remember not liking it very much. I think I gave it a 5?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 pm

You and me both, Bobby. I really wasn't having a good night I watched ATtN either, but I tried to be a bit fair all things considered. I might've liked it more if I had watched it during the holiday season...? I know everyone talks lovingly about it being a 80s throwback, but I think I would have truly loved it if it was a 90s throwback, for reasons I discussed in my reviews. But then again, I loved Most Likely to Die (which I think had a lot of 90s influences?) when everyone else I knows seems to hate it.
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 am

I liked Most Likely to Die too! It reminded me of those really good dtv slasher films (with a fairly decent budget) that came out after the success of Scream. Movies like Wishcraft (so, so underrated) and The Pool. Lots of fun! The killer's outfit was fairly original too, and there was a really good scene where one of the girls was walking down the hall with graduation music playing (?) and the killer all of a sudden jumped out and used his hat as a weapon. It's all kinda foggy right now, but I remember it being well done.

Dan, have you ever seen Summer School? It's from 2006 and it's on Amazon Prime. I was thinking about some of the film's I watched on there last year as I was reading your reviews, and that one for some reason has stayed with me the most. It's low budget (not that it matters), but I really liked it for some reason. Watch it and let me know what you think if you haven't seen it. I'm really looking forward to your The Murder Game review too <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnnJaySee

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:27 am

Hey Tara get in line, he has The Human Centipede first lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am

Wishcraft sounds pretty good - never heard of it. I liked The Pool even if it was a bit on the generic side of the scale but it did look sleek and it had a hot slasher cast and the movie gave them excuse to run around mostly naked.  Surprised  The water slide death was the best out of all the deaths. Another from that time that I found likeable was Cut, which had Molly Ringwald in it in all her bitchy glory. I'm sure you have seen that one. They're all good but sadly a bit forgettable from an time where there is Scream, IKWYDLS, Urban Legends, Valentine, ect. One that I still remember quite a bit about is Ripper: Letter from Hell... I really liked it for a random Netflix watch one night. Its sequel isn't anything worth seeking out, though...

I gave Summer School a 2/10. If I recall correctly, this was the movie that kept employing the "Person experiences something horrific, but surprise! it was only a dream!" trope which remains one of my least favorite clichés associated with horror movies. I watched it shortly after I had gotten Amazon Prime instant video on my PS3 so maybe I had yet to see most of the turds which usually make up my low ratings on IMDb - movies like Contagio (2009), The Tomb (2007), Uncharted (2009), Mr. Hush (2010), The Corrupted (2010), the list of Amazon garbage goes on. Wish I would've liked it more, though... you make it sound like a hidden gem. lol

The Murder Game was sent to me yesterday, so hopefully I'll get it today or tomorrow in time for the weekend. I now have three DVDs rented on a 2-DVDs-at-a-time plan. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I've seen both Cut (I own that one) and Ripper. I'm not sure if I've seen the sequel to Ripper (maybe). I like both, but I haven't seen Ripper in ages lol.

Summer School is a hidden gem haha! I gave it like an 8 I think lol. I really like those films where the lead is trapped in a never ending nightmare though. I like the low budget film Salvage for the same reasons. That's so disappointing that you didn't like it! I was certain you would have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:27 pm

It's funny you mentioned Salvage being similar to Summer School, because I wasn't a big fan of that one either though I really wanted to like it. The idea of
Spoiler:

was pretty clever, though. I can't say I ever saw this done before.

Since we're on the subject of these obscure 2000s titles, let me talk about a few more that come to my mind that I didn't love but you might Bobby because you loved others from this time. If you've seen any of them, please share your thoughts:

- American Nightmare (2002). I caught this on prime a few months ago, but I see now that they charge to watch it. I never heard of it until I watched it and while it wasn't complete utter trash (it's actually filmed halfway competently), it could've been a lot better. Still, seeing our group of victims chilling in a coffeehouse and giving each other friendly quips and insults is very 90s reminiscent. It's like a Friends-meets-Scream espresso, except all the delicious stuff settles at the bottom and you're left with a drink that looks like the real deal but is in fact quite bland and tasteless.

- Bad Reputation (2005) - I thought was pretty watcheable though it has its full share of flaws. A meek girl gets invited to, and then gang raped at, a party and she does a 180 and goes Camille Keaton on their asses. The movie does a surprisingly good job at establishing the victim group and the first hour flies, but it was so poorly edited when it came to the revenge aspect of the movie. So much time was spent killing two of the lesser-deserving victims, that only like 5 minutes if that was devoted to the main jerk who deserved the worst punishment.

- Trap (2006) - A bitchy bitch befriends a battered housewife online and convinces her to kill her abusive husband so that they can be together. I love you As good as that sounds, this movie blows its load like 15 minutes in when Bitchy Bitch (and I'm talking a realistic bitch here, not the Queen Bitch Regina George type) meets her maker at the hands of her own boyfriend she emasculates at every opportunity until he decides enough's enough. What we're left seeing is this boyfriend and battered housewife squabble about bitchy girl for the next hour, along with some flashbacks that make us wonder why they killed her off so early in the movie when she was such a focal point. As bad as it was, this title sticks in my mind for a couple reasons. First and most importantly, I love the movie poster:

Second and so not important, I ordered this one thru Netflix DVD and it took seriously three times to finally get a version I can watch because the previous two were so badly damaged I was afraid to put the discs in my DVD player. Still debating if it was worth the hassle or not on getting replacements. Nothing to do with the movie per se, but it's amusing how tiny things like this keep a movie in my mind. lol
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 pm

I remember seeing Trap somewhere lol. I'm not sure if it was on a Blockbuster shelf, or if a site like Dreadcentral.com did a review of it that I read, but I remember that cover. I never saw it though. I'm pretty sure I meant too and it just went over my head. There are new dtv horror films that come out every week, so some just get lost in the shuffle. I have seen (and own) Bad Reputation though! My friend and I rented that years ago before video stores went out, and I liked it enough to buy it. The acting (other than the lead) isn't too good, but it's effective. It's on my shelf of films that I plan on keeping (I have a big box of dvds I'm trying to get rid of) with some other obscure titles. A lot of the films that I'm keeping are from the 2000's (like 2000-2010). That was when I was watching an excessive amount of horror movies, and I have fond memories of watching them all. Let me go look quick at a few titles to see if you have seen them. Btw, I haven't seen American Nightmare! I've heard of it, but unless I'm just forgetting (which is possible), I haven't seen it. I love that you know what Bad Reputation is though haha.

I'll just throw out a few titles since there's a lot.
Deep in the Woods I know you've heard of. That's always been a favorite of mine. I first saw it on VHS when I was younger, and I watch it every now and then. It's French and has one of those Scream covers. The guys are really cute in it too. It came out in 2000. I saw it last last year, and it falls apart a bit towards the end, but I still love it.

There's Camp Slaughter (I know you've seen that). Really fun premise, and I love how there's a bunch of gay characters in it and a ton of shirtless basketball lol. It has the guy from Kyle XY in it!

I got that Adam and Evil/The Choke double pack. The Choke is about a rock band who are killed off one night at a rock club that they are locked in at. I remember liking it more the first time (didn't hold up as well on rewatch), but it isn't too bad at all, and fairly well made. Adam and Evil isn't very good, but it's watchable.

There's Flashback. That's one great. Well worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it. I haven't watched it in years though.

Bleed. That one is directed by Devin Hamilton (who directed Delta Delta Die and Birth Rite) and is sitting next to my copy of Bad Reputation lol. I've seen it a few times and it's a lot of fun. Quite a bit of male nudity too, and it stars Debbie Rochon.

Little Erin Merryweather. I think you'd like that one if you haven't seen it, Dan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A-Supreme
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:15 pm

I remember Bleed. Those Full Moon productions always tried to sneak a little male nudity in. Razz I think I bought a triple pack with that one along with Voodoo Academy and Delta Delta Die. I don't remember much other than the fact that a group of people tricked a girl into killing someone, and then they were like 'OMG she actually did it? We're all going to jail!' and then they all end up dying instead. I'm pretty sure if this happened in real life, they would have gotten off easy. It's not like they knew that she was crazy enough to do it.

Camp Slaughter brings back some fond memories. The ultra hot gay Matt Dallas seducing the average-Joe looking gay guy at summer camp <3 I forget about everything else TBH, but I think that this was a bit of a mind-twister at the end compared to most?

I haven't seen the rest but I'll start looking them up on prime/Netflix to see where it'll be easier to see them.

Btw, I'm remember this random camp slasher from the 2000s called Dark Woods (I think?) where an older woman who looked like Pamela Voorhees worked at summer camp when a bunch of teens show up and start doing their thing before people started dying. Like, she was clearly only there as a red herring, but her age didn't stop Stella from getting her groove back when she started chilling with all these drunk, horny teens as though she was one of them only to get tragically killed off by the end.  I know I don't rate a lot of these titles very highly, but some of the odd details in some of them make the movies memorable and amusing.

Send your box of DVDs to me plz. I'd happily dig my grubby hands in, though I have a lot of stuff to watch myself. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shred

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Dan, I'd so send you the box of DVDs! I have them in a closet right now, and there's a few boxes stacked on top the box they're in (so some of the movies might be crushed lol), but I'll look through them either tonight or tomorrow and see what they look like. I've had them in there for a while and they're wasting space. I was thinking recently about giving them to someone who would appreciate them, but it's hard to find people who like dtv horror movies haha. I would probably end up donating them or throwing them away (which would be a shame).

I think I have Dark Woods somewhere lol. I mean it sounds just like one I have by the way you're describing it. It's super low budget, and I think borrows heavily from the first Friday the 13th at first. I have no idea if I liked it or not though. Its been a while (a while).

Dan, can we go back to talking about The Pool for a second? I agree with you wholeheartedly (<3) that it's a bit generic, and it takes a bit to really get going, but it's almost exciting watching James Mcavoy slumming it for a few dollars before he became a movie star. Isla Fisher is in it as well, and I think they were actually a couple in it?

Last edited by Shred on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan's Movie Reviews   

Back to top Go down

Dan's Movie Reviews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next